g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Wot, no transfers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
People’s obsession with a DoF is nothing short of bizarre.
I’d say the resistance towards it is even more bizarre. Letting a manager being in charge of every aspect of the club is no longer a thing, especially for someone so short term like Jose.

CA1

When was the last time you went?

It's shabby as anything. It's not looked after. What else is not looked after at the club?

The whole scorboard end will soon look like an empty terrace with the clubs new plans.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location
It's not just transfers though is it?

The club is a mess. Look at the ground.

Woodward has to leave the club this Friday. Simply has to. The owners are the main cancer, more needs to be done from fans around the world. That hits them more than local fans. If fans want to put their head in the sand then that's up to them
Quoted for embarrassment purposes :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The league table last year says otherwise.
Not sure where the league table tells us we have no right winger and full backs that don't contribute enough. Like I say, even Spurs have 6 players that could walk into our first team, as well as actually having a full team. Some depth would sure them up, but they have less work to do than us to improve, even though we're ahead of them.

Jacob

I think some of you have grown so self-entitled it's sickening. Don't take signings for granted. You have been spoilt during recent windows, that's not the status quo. You can win the league by improving on what you have.

We are a publicly listed company, meaning one of our goals (if not the primary) is to create a profit for the shareholders. And guess what, you're not shareholders. They may disagree with you that signing Maguire at all cost is the best way to win the league and ultimately increase profit and brand recognition.

JoaquinJoaquin

Look at the state of our ground.

The club is going to the dogs. Transfers are a very small part, the managers selections is even less of a small part. Transfer incompetence resonates with fans, so is an opportunity to mobilise against them.

The club is going backwards fast. If you don't think that you are delued. The fans have to do something.
Come on man.

Look I think we are all disappointed by the shambles of this Transfer Window, But you need to calm down a bit. The stadium is still very good.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
I’m pretty certain we’re going to end up with nobody so we need to look at why that’s happened after Thursday. The thing is, us struggling in the transfer market seems to be nothing new. We have glaring weaknesses in our team that haven’t been addressed for a long time. The fact our back 4 is potentially 2 CB’s who weren’t really up to it under Ferguson, and two of Ferguson’s wingers converted to fullback is a bit of a joke.

Suv666

Its not. The fire sale of Van Gaal players clearly indicates we need someone to oversee the transition between managers. Lets say a new manager comes in, he'll want to get rid of "Mourinho" type players and get players that suit his style as soon as he's gone the process starts all over again. A Dof would ensure that the players being bought in suit both the managers short term goals and clubs long term strategy.

CA1

Come on man.

Look I think we are all disappointed by the shambles of this Transfer Window, But you need to calm down a bit. The stadium is still very good.
The stadium is terrible. The heart has been ripped out of it. When was the last time any of you actually went?

We're falling behind the rest, none of you can see it. Enjoy what you get. I bet none of you did anything in 2005 either. You're paying the price for that now. Our owners are only interested in making money.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

The club is going to the dogs. Transfers are a very small part, the managers selections is even less of a small part. Transfer incompetence resonates with fans, so is an opportunity to mobilise against them.

The club is going backwards fast. If you don't think that you are delued. The fans have to do something.
What are you going to do then, smart arse?

Kapardin

Just getting the feeling Woodward is going for a managerial change + squad overhaul next summer and so hasn't backed Jose, since any new signings might not be to the fancy of the next manager. Plus, trying to override Jose's desire to sell Martial as well seems telling.

Even if Jose leads us to the title (hypothetically!!), I think there will be a handshake and departure via mutual consent next summer. In which case, not making any further signings makes sense, but it comes at the cost of one more dreary season.

MrPooni

It's not just transfers though is it?

The club is a mess. Look at the ground.

Woodward has to leave the club this Friday. Simply has to. The owners are the main cancer, more needs to be done from fans around the world. That hits them more than local fans. If fans want to put their head in the sand then that's up to them
:lol:

Bloody hell.

Zoo

Jose’s press conference tomorrow will be interesting.

Snafu17

I mean, we do need some system in place. Maybe not even a DoF, just something. Because whatever we're doing now just won't bring any long term success. Chopping and changing without any continuity just does not work.

CA1

What are you going to do then, smart arse?
On my own? Very little that would make a difference. I don't have a season ticket anymore and pick and choose my games. That loss isn't felt by the club at all but it's only a personal choice.

WPMUFC

Jose’s press conference tomorrow will be interesting.
If we don't sign anyone, the press have their talking point for this season. "The club refuses to back Jose".

Jose openly stated to the Media that we need AT LEAST one more signing to compete this season. now it sounds like Woodward is getting the spin machine ready.

Well done woodward...you played yourself.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I’d say the resistance towards it is even more bizarre. Letting a manager being in charge of every aspect of the club is no longer a thing, especially for someone so short term like Jose.
But managers aren't in charge of every aspect of the club.

Smores

Its not. The fire sale of Van Gaal players clearly indicates we need someone to oversee the transition between managers. Lets say a new manager comes in, he'll want to get rid of "Mourinho" type players and get players that suit his style as soon as he's gone the process starts all over again. A Dof would ensure that the players being bought in suit both the managers short term goals and clubs long term strategy.
A DOF doesn't suddenly make the players suitable for the next manager though does it? You're just enforcing what the manager has to work with which you can do without a DOF.

Kearnkoff69

What a meltdown of epic proportions in here. Goodness. I can't wait for the season to start so we can actually start talking about the football.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch

What the feck are you on about?

WPMUFC

We have the money...but no players are worth their fees.

1. We have no LB.
2. We have no (uninjured) RB's.
3. We don't have a stable CB pairing
4. We don't have a RW.

Woodward is spinning the press. We can't fall for this BS!!

onemanarmy

:lol:

Meltdown McMeltdown

Suv666

I think some of you have grown so self-entitled it's sickening. Don't take signings for granted. You have been spoilt during recent windows, that's not the status quo. You can win the league by improving on what you have.

We are a publicly listed company, meaning one of our goals (if not the primary) is to create a profit for the shareholders. And guess what, you're not shareholders. They may disagree with you that signing Maguire at all cost is the best way to win the league and ultimately increase profit and brand recognition.
So you're saying we should all accept mediocrity like Arsenal?
Yeah sure the hysteria here is a bit over the top but I understand where its coming from. Teams like City and Spurs were relatively quiet because look at their squads they don't have players like Smalling, Young, Jones and they don't have massive holes in their squads like we do.
Secondly, with City so quiet it was a great oppurtunity for us to at least attempt to bridge the gap. You and I both know City are not going to have such quiet windows often. What a wasted oppurtunity!
Thirdly, the manager openly admitted he wants more clearly the board aren't willing to back him. And with a man like Mou at the helm we know in the past a tussle like this usually ends up with him sacked and the club in disarray. If the board have no trust in him they should have sacked him, creating conditions for him to feck up so he can be sacked is just bad business. On the bright side, it looks like the feud between the board and Mou has smoldered a bit.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Think we should all be prepared for no one else coming in this window. Which means finding a way to get behind our current squad.

We’ve become accustomed to very active summer windows under Ed, bar his first, so this does feel a little odd. But there are reasons to be cheerful.

We do have some very exciting players throughout our squad, and Sanchez will hopefully come into the side like a new player this season. He’s looked sharp preseason and could be our most important player this year.

Midfield, on paper at least, is probably the strongest it’s been since we were winning back-to-back titles, we’ve got the best keeper in the world and one of the top EPL strikers. We do lack in certain areas but, bar City, id argue all the top sides have this issue. We’re way ahead of Chelsea and Arsenal in my view, and have better depth than both Spurs and Liverpool - though they may pip us in terms of starting 11s.

There’s no denying the negative mood around Utd, but none of us can claim to know what it’s like behind the scenes. We will be kicking off the season Friday evening at Old Trafford. I’d love it if the pundits licking their lips at an inevitable poor performance from us were left eating their predictable prematch narrative.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
Jose has been here for 2 years and counting.
The owners would love it if they had him for the next 10 years - he should guarantee CL football, while not spending too much.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Jose has been here for 2 years and counting.
The owners would love it if they had him for the next 10 years - he should guarantee CL football, while not spending too much.
He won’t be here in 2 years let alone 10.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
It adds up perfectly.
It doesn't take a genius to understand that the owners want to spend less and earn more (ie. maximise profits).
My worry is that from here on in, we are basically going to be attempting to win the 4th place trophy, while spending very little. I do hope this doesn't happen.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
What a meltdown of epic proportions in here. Goodness. I can't wait for the season to start so we can actually start talking about the football.
Hey, I started melting a while back and shall continue to do so until the season starts.
The board have done a terrible job. Instead of making the final push, to convert 2nd place, into 1st this year, they just gave up.
In pro sport, giving up, is unacceptable.

Patrick08

Couldn't put it any better.

thegaz2002

Leicester Just about to sign 2 defenders surely this means they are preparing for Maguire leaving..... lets hope he and Toby are the new United CB pairing

CA1

I think the reactions in here tell you everything you need to know about the shite you're talking.
Nobody can deny we've gone backwards as a club in comparison to other clubs in these last 5-10 years.

The next 5-10 years will get even worse.

You'll continue blaming the manager or whoever I'm sure.

It's well underway. United are playing for a top 4 position next season and that is with every club still on the same points. Manchester United are playing for a top 4 position. We're Arsenal, Spurs. Liverpool before the last couple of years.

You reap what you sow unfortunatley. Some of our fans will deserve it. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it's true.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
It adds up perfectly.
It doesn't take a genius to understand that the owners want to spend less and earn more (ie. maximise profits).
My worry is that from here on in, we are basically going to be attempting to win the 4th place trophy, while spending very little. I do hope this doesn't happen.
It doesn't take a genius to speculate that's true.

We've spent over 120 million both under LVG and Jose when we already have CL secured for the following season. Not to mention signing Sanchez on enromous wages we had top 4 last year. So this very obvious thing you're claiming isn't really that obvious and much more debatable than you make it out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.