Would any City player get into a combined United-City all time XI?

Treble

Depends on the manager and the type of football. If Guardiola is the manager, he will probably prefer the likes of Ederson, Rodri, at least one of the Silvas, etc. No City player is comparable to Best or Charlton or Ronaldo but more City players may fit in with Guardiola’s style. For instance, he would have Stones over Vidic due to Stones's ability to play next to Rodri in the attacking phase.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Isn't there a case for the opposite being true as well though?
I think so because otherwise City (under Pep anyway) have had worse players ( As virtually no city players can get in this 11) with a worse manager (The vast majority will have Ferguson over Pep) and yet are looking likely to win their 6th Premier League title in 8 years (on the back of a Treble last year) which doesn't really make a lot of sense.

Righteous Steps

Best is not like Messi. Messi serves the team as equally as himself, but always looked for the best option for the collective. Best was no slouch at supplying others, but did so on his own terms - Messi would never have Charlton bemoaning him not passing the ball at the opportune moment for him.

Best is like Mahrez in an ultra state, sometimes he'll supply, other times he won't. Mahrez often had Pep wound up and perhaps it'd be less so with Best because he'd convert far more, but ultimately I believe Pep needs controllable players who don't contest his authority and that's just not the peak Best.
I guess it’s just a matter of perception, Messi is an alien, a half a level above best as a footballer no arguments there. But I think while Messi of course is w DDG ya my the greatest creator to play this game, there’s always going to be an element of selfishness with a player who dribbles as much as he did in his prime, it’s just that his so otherworldly that he’s the one player who can justify going on runs trying to take 3-4 players on rather than doing the more simple thing which is simply to pass the ball 5 yards.

Charlton wouldn’t bemoan Messi for passing hypothetically they were around in the same era and he played at Barcelona for example because it’s Messi and he was seen as a God like figure at that club, you’ll complain about him not making a simple pass and he’ll go and dribble past 4 players and stick it in the bottom corner.

Messi works by different rules than nearly every other player that’s played the game, and Rio had an interview recently with Boateng that illustrates that point, he barely trained hard, would be on FaceTime while the coach was giving pre match tactics and speeches and still go on to walk on the pitch and score a hat trick.

Back to my point I think Best is a similar type of player and talent at a lesser level, but as much as a maverick he was he was still a great creator still a a great scorer and still one of the greatest footballers of all time.

A better version of Mahrez starts every game for Pep, Mahrez himself as much as Pep could lambast him was a favourite of his also, he played more often than not in his latter seasons.

KeanoMagicHat

I'd say Walker makes it, higher ceiling than Neville or another United right back. De Bruyne is the next best option but if he's playing AM is he against Charlton? Hard to say he's better than Bobby. Eventually Haaland could make it as striker over Law.

ToToMarshall

Is there not an argument that if this core of City players wins a 4th straight league title and/or another European Cup, it stands up to any era of domination and success we’ve had?

Taking the moral high ground and writing it all off because of the 115 charges is all well and good, I’m all for it. Should you wish to look past it however, just from their current squad we’ll be talking about Walker, Rodri, De Bruyne and Haaland for years and years to come. Then from just before there’s Kompany, Yaya Toure, Silva and Aguero that they’ll argue about too.

Personally I think De Bruyne and Walker make it, and if Haaland carries on at 50 a season I’m not sure he’ll be easy to ignore. Huge asterisk on all of it though of course.

black country red

Which Law, City or Utds?

I'd have RVN.
Uniteds as much as I like ruud Denis law was the greatest centre forward to pull on a united shirt. The original king of the stretford end every other forward we have had has been in his shadow

DON’T PANIC ™

I’m fed up with hearing about the past. Yes, Utd have a long history with loads of fantastic players but we are irrelevant now.
I don’t get any consolation anymore listening to fans eulogising about glories from 15-50 years ago.