g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Would Sean Dyche do better than Pochettino at United?

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
I think he would.

ETH first choice and if that doesn't go so well just get Dychie in.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Nah, he'd become a meme within a couple of months.

Plus not a fan of his goatee, appearance matters.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
We'd finally see the best of Maguire, McTominay would look like he does against Leeds every time, and even Donny is easily white enough to get a game.

Frankly, I don't see a downside.

GlasgowCeltic

I honestly think there’s still a place for fry ups at the top level of football

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Obviously but it’s a fecking low bar

Deery

Dreary
Probably would be the only man to get the best outa Pogba, shame we are so shortsighted as a club not to consider this wonderful manager..

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
:lol:

Ten Hag's assistant would be a blast, they look in some cases similar until Sean speaks...

hobbers

Dyche would do better than Poch at PSG and Poch would do worse than Dyche at Burnley.

Prove me wrong.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I know OP is joking but I’d actually be interested in some alternate universe experiment where the likes of Pulis or Allardyce get to take over super teams. Imagine Dyche is chosen to take over peak Barcelona post Pep. How would he get on, assuming they actually buy into his methods and don’t immediately go on strike or something. Would he be able to play good football? Surely he doesn’t want to play like Burnley, it’s down to financial limitations.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I know OP is joking but I’d actually be interested in some alternate universe experiment where the likes of Pulis or Allardyce get to take over super teams. Imagine Dyche is chosen to take over peak Barcelona post Pep. How would he get on, assuming they actually buy into his methods and don’t immediately go on strike or something. Would he be able to play good football? Surely he doesn’t want to play like Burnley, it’s down to financial limitations.
Do you think Potter would have Burnley playing like Burnley with the same restrictions?

Maticmaker

Since neither of them are coming, its a mute point really...but at the moment I'd probably go for Dyche, his appointment would have half our current squad reaching for the toilet paper!!

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Fair point. You think he’s forever doomed to be playing long ball then?
I think his philosophy is dictated by managing at a club that are nearly always relegation candidates before the season starts so instead of trying to build a team that try to play football (Norwich) he realises the best way of survival is physicality. Its what has worked best for him in the past and I very much doubt he has any more strings in his bow to try and change his way of thinking now.

So even though I have no idea what the OP is supposed to be about on how Dyche would do better than Poch I can safely say Dyche wouldn't have the first idea on how to manage at a club that's expected to win titles. All managers have their level. Dyche and Burnely are a perfect match.

spontaneus1

Hamster, damn!
Fair point. You think he’s forever doomed to be playing long ball then?
To be fair, Burnley do play with the ball on the deck a lot more against other relegation candidates, so I'm not sur Dyche would continue his long ball antics with a better squad. He strikes me as a very pragmatic manager who would adapt as required.

Foxbatt

Big Sam had Bolton playing some decent football when he had that squad of aging International players.

choccy77

Is April post dumb threads month or something?

Why is a Chelsea fan even starting threads about United?

IRELANDUNITED

Ah come on, be serious, he’s just been sacked by Burnley. If we were unhappy with the standard of football under Moyes, LVG, Jose and Ole, just imagine the uproar when we started playing poorly under Dyche. He might be a good option for Chelsea when TT decides to jump ship, I doubt there’ll be many elite managers will to takeover that mess.

BigRon1985

I remember watching Wife Swap on Channel 4 years ago. How about they bring it back as..........Manager Swap!!!

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
If he’s found out as a Pep Guardiola is my idol, just get another Pep Guardiola is my idol in.

We need an rvn

Since neither of them are coming, its a mute point really...but at the moment I'd probably go for Dyche, his appointment would have half our current squad reaching for the toilet paper!!
Just as an fyi, it’s a moot point, not mute.

the only reason I know this is by watching an episode of friends where joey said it was a moo point, it’s like a cows opinion nobody cares, and I said something was a moo point and everyone laughed and corrected me

still like moo point over moot

but yes, this is all a mute / moot / moo point but I do think we have a massive locker room issue re egos and clicks that need to get rid of before anything gets better

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
No he wouldn't. Sean Dyche is suited to relegation threatened lower table teams.

Pochettino is very well suited to a Premier League club who have to finish top 4. No one will sack him for finishing behind City and Liverpool anyways.

Coming to the philosophy and style of play, Pochettino's is way more progressive and suitable for United.

Pochettino also has got a taste for managing big names. Dyche is used to his players completely obeying him. At bigger clubs player power is higher as are the expectations. Can see Dyche falling out with many big players and even board members and the press.

432JuanMata

We seen with Moyes(who is far superior) that a manager who plays more direct football does better at smaller clubs.

Also I’m all for ETH over Poch but seriously Poch is getting so underrated on here

Someone

Something
Honestly I like him and I think if he gets a shot at a Spurs like club he'd do a good job.