Would you bring Dalot back?

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Williams played more last season than Dalot did last seasons and the season beforehand.

that would suggest OGS (a Pro) thinks he’s a better prospect - and I would tend to agree.

We don’t know where either player will end up. But I’d rather have Williams than Dalot. Neither are starters.
that's because Williams is hardly seen as a player who can get frustrated at not getting game time -- and why Dalot got loaned to Milan. Williams, at least right now, is just not a good full back at all. Dalot at least has shown some promise .

that's because Williams is hardly seen as a player who can get frustrated at not getting game time -- and why Dalot got loaned to Milan. Williams, at least right now, is just not a good full back at all. Dalot at least has shown some promise .
I would suggest the reason Dalot was loaned out is that we needed to trim the squad, and last summer was pretty difficult to sell anyone, and no one wanted to stump up a fee. Same for AP - neither have a future and if we can find a buyer, they are gone. If not, probably another loan.

I beg to differ that Dalot has shown promise. I don’t claim to have watched every performance for Milan - but based on their United performances I’d bet on Williams having a better career. I don’t think either will be top class - but Dalot is overrated because Jose claimed he was the best FB of his age in Europe - and he’s never shown anything close. Jose bought a dud.

Oranges038

When?

Fredo

You broke my heart!
If we get a decent fee for him from Milan (provided they want him) we should cash in on him, otherwise would be a good option in cups against lower sides, has definitely more experience than Williams having played a full year in Calcio. I do think the Sacked One will probably bring him to Roma though....

MinGin

Of cause we must need to bring him back.

And sell him and replace a more suitable one.

Roboc7

If he came back he’d find himself in exact same position as Williams of hardly ever playing, Ole rarely rests AWB.

Knowing when to offload players is something club need to do better. Dalot and Lingard are prime candidates to be sold to generate some money not brought back, left on the bench or in the stands until regarded as deadwood again.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The Milan fan at work thinks he’s shite at defending and his versatility is his only good attribute.

Andersons Dietician

To think he went from one of the most promising fullbacks in Europe to “Nope, not good enough, seen nothing from him, sell him”

I’d take him back purely as cover and to see if he can progress at all and get back to why he was so highly touted and why Porto didn’t miss Telles when he was out injured. I’d rather have another look at Dalot than Williams if I’m honest but I think people are right in that Ole simply just doesn’t fancy him.

crossy1686

career ending
We should probably sell him but we've also just let Harvey Neville go to Inter Miami so the only RB we've got in the squad now is WB and Williams (and Laird when his loan ends). There isn't much quality there.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I'd keep him. He's only 22 and just had the best season of his career. He also offers something our current right back doesn't which is more attacking threat. If we sell him we get max 20 million. It'll easily cost more to get a young talented rb in today's market. Going into a season with Awb, Dalot and Williams as our rb options is reasonable for me.

DevTheRed

I’d keep him around for another season or two, see how he develops until Laird can eventually step up to the first team, who I expect to be loaned out to a championship club next season.

Dalot can cover LB & RB and is fairly decent going forward, certainly offers more than Brandon, who I think also needs a loan next season after a pretty quiet 20/21 campaign.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Would keep him as he's now had some proper experience and will only continue to improve. He will be good for squad depth.