Would you commit to United if you were Bruno?

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I would want to be part of the revival of the club, I think Pogba came in wanting to do that and failed, Bruno can succeed there because he has on a personal level, but if the club isn't following through on that, can anybody blame him if he's looking elsewhere in a couple of years? He's going to inevitably garner more interest with what he's doing, so it's up to the club to make sure he's not in a situation where he's looking over the fence to see if the grass is any greener.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
100% I commit. The side is clearly progressing. Anyone who believed after the group of death draw that this United would give 2 of last year's UCL semi finalists a run for their money and just fall at the last hurdle. Let alone be within 5 points of the top of the epl with a game in hand. After a the start we had with no pre season. Has not truth in them

pass.pass.pass

Nope..
No top player with a winning mentality wakes up in the morning thinking, "Gee, I'd like to play for Ole's United. That's where the fun and the trophies are."

Real will be sniffing around him soon enough. He's Portugese; he's apparently close to Ronaldo; and he has the will to win that Madrid, like it or not, have always always had. Now, that's a proper big club with fans uncoloured by stupid notions of process and patience and "get behind the club." You get behind the club by demanding the best, not by settling for the kind of shower we are.

owlo

Depends how happy I was in the city, how happy my family were here, and how much I felt valued by the organisation.

Roboc7

He’s going to get fed up at some point, he’s too good and seems too driven to just plod along and be happy to be here. I expect he’ll sign a new contract for a big pay increase so nothing to worry about for another 18 months probably.

Icemav

Every player of quality should exit the club asap for their sakes and we should just be left with the relegation fodder players. That is the only thing as a supporter of this great club I can possibly think of. Our true fans should also leave with these players. If we can get this done during the next transfer window that would be excellent.

Once in the Championship United should hire Hasenhuttl to start getting our remaining and new players to play lovely structured triangles. That should get United back into the top flight. I wish us/them luck.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
He’s not the only one and he isn’t Messi, Ronaldo either. There’s the likes of Rashford and Greenwood too. How long will they stick around.....Pogba’s going Degea is gone on a football level. Beyond these players we have a lot of mediocre players at the club. Some of whom the fans seem to love.

RoyH1

Make sure his wallet is fat and bring a top shelf manager in and we'll have the delight of Bruno for years to come.

Luckily for us, in this covid economy, the number of clubs that could afford him if he hypothetically wanted out is minimal. Barsa is on the verge of bankruptcy, Madrid is doing a half billion upgrade to their stadium at the worst possible time, Serie A clubs don't pay big transfer fees anymore and the Premiership is out of the question.
PSG and maybe Bayern and that's it. But even Bayern would have a tough time coughing up a hypotetical Bruno fee ( a lot more than Chelsea coughed up for Havertz).

NoPace

I mean it depends who wants him. He'd probably rather be at Barcelona in a midfield 3 with De Jong and Panic than here, sure. But I don't expect him to demand a move when we have lots of talent ahead of him in Rashford, Greenwood and Diallo and Van De Beek and Telles and the keepers are guys you can win even CL knockout games with. He's probably sending angry texts to guys on the Portugal squad who play CB, RB and DM asking them to come and making sarcastic comments to Ruben Dias when they have lunch or whatever.

Panther

"Should a player underperform because the team is underperforming?"

Yes, makes sense. Maybe if Pogba and De Gea didn't underperform, we wouldn't be as bad as we are now. We need committed players, not players who give up when things aren't going their way.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Embarrassing thread.
Why is this thread embarrassing? United have signed many very good players since Ferguson left, but none of them have stuck around at the club for more than a few years, playing at a high level in a individual capacity. Signed players have broadly regressed at the club, with many of them opting to leave and once again looking better players and happier at other big European clubs. I think it is naïve to believe that Bruno will somehow be the one to buck this trend. Why would he look to turn 30 at Manchester United? He's got one big contract or transfer left him in for him to realise his ambitions.

As a club, we are not addressing any of our underlying issues with a holistic approach to building an elite squad. We've still got no right-sided attacking players in the first team. We've still not got an anchor man comfortable playing as a sole holding mid. The goalkeeping situation is now a complete mess with DDG a lame duck on megabucks, Henderson being dicked about and we managed to cause disharmony in the dressing room by treating the world's best #2 with utter distain. Then there's the coaching to make the most out of that envisioned well balanced squad...

If you've got options, why would you trust your career to United? You will be well paid, but whether you get that self actualisation is another matter. Surely we have learnt by now that just throwing big transfer fees and wages at players isn't enough to build an elite squad, and that philosophy won't keep many of the top players happy for an extended period once they have signed.

Last edited:

Thiagoal

Bruno’s done fantastically well for us and his output is ridiculously good but some of the arse licking here of him is so cringe worthy. Compare him to Scholes, Giggs, Cantona, Rooney etc etc and he’s just a good player!

cyberman

Yes. Utd are a massive fecking club. Theres no need for this amount of self hate

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I think there is enough of a fan in Bruno to want to extend. He's only been here for year anyway.

Morpheus 7

In short another thread of, I don't blame Bruno if he goes because he deserves better than United. Just feck off, you absolute clowns said the thing of that rat Pogba for years. Some of you support a player more than your team overall. This twisted mentality of player over your club is a recent fan thing.

Skills

Snitch
I'd ask for a manager nuke clause in my contract.

If you activate the nuke clause the club either has 2 weeks to sack the manager or let him go in the summer for a nominal release clause of 20m or so. It's clear our inept board will never move on until it's far too late and the fanbase is far too besotted with the role - so the players need to do it themselves.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
What a long-winded way to say blame United for Pogba's terrible behaviour.

Bruno isn't a minor upgrade on Pogba, he's levels apart.

Pogba should never be compared with Rooney in any way.

If Pogba had done the job we bought him to do he wouldn't be a bit part player.

If I were Bruno I'd be off to Madrid or Barca
Still early, he’s not been here a year yet. But it’ll depend on the gaffer I guess, if the club keep the management after finishing outside top 4 he’ll consider his options for sure.
All players get giddy with a new top manager coming in though.
Utter nonsense. He spent 2 seasons and a half at Sporting and during that period he had a ex President imploding, an Academy being invaded by Ultras, the best players left, the club almost went bankrupt, crap coaches, crap players, crap environment, the ultras who supported the former President calling him everyday a rat because he wanted to leave the club, and do you think coming to one of the best clubs, in one of the best leagues in the World, where he is liked by the fans he will want to leave the club? :lol:

Stop putting players above the club, he is professional and well paid to do his job. Regarding Solskjaer it's another matter, but he certainly won't go against him.
These posts are on the money.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
Bruno is the best of a very average bunch. It says a lot about how much our standards have fallen that he tends to be deified by our fan base. If at any stage Bruno feels as though he has outgrown the club then he should be free to seek pastures new. He was part of a team that failed miserably in this CL group.

Oldyella

I would want to be part of the revival of the club, I think Pogba came in wanting to do that and failed, Bruno can succeed there because he has on a personal level, but if the club isn't following through on that, can anybody blame him if he's looking elsewhere in a couple of years? He's going to inevitably garner more interest with what he's doing, so it's up to the club to make sure he's not in a situation where he's looking over the fence to see if the grass is any greener.
Exactly. We need to bring in better players now while Bruno is playing at this level. Pogba for all his faults, while not getting the same numbers came in and played well too but Zlatan aside who got injured, the other signings we made just didnt perform. We have the basis of a good squad here, just need to hope the next few signings are at Bruno's level.

One thing is certain, Bruno wont be shy about calling out non performers, we have seen that already! When/if he shows his arse he will do big style.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Bruno is the best of a very average bunch. It says a lot about how much our standards have fallen that he tends to be deified by our fan base. If at any stage Bruno feels as though he has outgrown the club then he should be free to seek pastures new. He was part of a team that failed miserably in this CL group.
Absolute horseshit.

He is literally the most productive/effective attacking midfielder in the PL right now (arguably Europe) Which is even more impressive considering he’s been part of a faltering team, under a manager who seems out of his depth.

Infra-red

We might be a bit rubbish these days but we're nowhere near as rubbish as Pogba has been for the last 2.5 years. Good riddance to him and his fat slug of an agent.

Bruno, on the other hand, is someone worth keeping happy. He probably won't be getting itchy feet yet, but we really need to break out of this seemingly endless cycle of poor managerial appointments and disjointed transfer spending.

Bondi77

When he feels like he does not want to play for Utd anymore then the guy should go elsewhere and that is the same for any player. We need players at the club who are good enough to make us great again and I am sick of this garbage about going to a club that matches the players ambition; If the club never had big ambition then why are we paying huge wages to these players who cannot string a handful of consistently good performances together and it is the players who simply are not up for the challenge or are not good enough.

Zoo

I hate these we’re not worthy threads. Thankfully Bruno has the correct mentality and will be fully committed to the cause.

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
It must be frustrating for him, in terms of quality he is so far ahead of the rest of the team it's almost embarassing. It depends on weather he enjoys that or he wants to go and play in a team with players on his level.

Smores

If we're not progressing and he's wanted by top clubs then yeah he'll want out at some point. I'm a bit confused why people are throwing their toys out of the pram at such a suggestion.

If we're scraping top 4 next year i doubt he'll be happy here.

RashyForPM

If I was Bruno and had his quality topped up with being a fan, yes I would commit because I love this club. However, we can’t say for sure whether Bruno is a United fan, and if Bayern, Juve or Madrid pay better while guaranteeing him trophies, then he will certainly not commit. People calling this a ‘self-hate’ or ‘we are not worthy’ thread are simply delusional.

Coxy

To be honest he’s nowhere near the level we’d expect a United player to be over the years. Embarrassing post. He’s the one who needs to improve. This is the same club who had Scholes playing for us week in week out.
He might not be at the level of some of our greats - but he IS the best we have.

That was the point of the OP - should he commit or not.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
It's a really easy question for Bruno to answer...

> if he wants to go down in history as one of United's best ever players (early indications suggest that this could be a real possibility), then he spends his peak years at Manchester United

> if he wants to win trophies then he goes to Real Madrid (I would have mentioned Barcelona as well, but I honestly don't think they'll be a force any more once Messi goes to City at the end of the season).

*EDIT - I'm a Utd fan so it's obvious which one I would choose.
5 years ago de gea was given roughly this post.

He's now a deadwood we need to sell. Football fans are a thankless bunch.

EireRed_GS

Im genuninely worried that if this inconsistent shitshow continues in the long run, and we are still overly reliant on Bruno, we could lose him.

And if we do, we are screwed big time. United need to sort their shit out asap. As i think our best bet of CL next year is winning this Europa league as our PL form is all over the place.

Comet49

I think if new top players are signed and a change of manager he’ll maybe stay, otherwise if top Spanish clubs are interested in him, then why would he, he’s Portuguese and surely prefers the lifestyle, climate over there.

Harold_Giles

He has a contract until June 2025 on 100k per week. That's 4 and a half years from now.

There's no way he wouldn't sign a new 200k per week deal until 2026, financially it wouldn't make sense not to.

So yes, I would commit and he will too.

Whether or not he wants out is another question, but seeing his value now would probably be in the 100-120 million pounds range it's unlikely he'd have any takers due to most clubs being skint in this covid era.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
United won't sell within England and i'm not sure that Barca or Real are interested in his services for the money required. He's exactly where he needs to be and is it really necessary to up his deal? I mean if he started playing badly he sure as hell wouldn't want to downgrade, Pogba didn't post Covid. No need to be a ****!