Would you ever sing YAWN

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
Hasn't there always been a debate as to who sung it first, us or them?
Theres been a debate, and no ones ever truly got to the bottom of it.

I couldnt say who sung it first, but either way, most United fans nowadays ( me included ) hate that fecking song with a passion, yet in the late 70s and early 80s it was regularly sung by United fans..

It just shows the level of hatred that has developed over the last 20 years or so.

Count Duckula

I remember watching Liverpool v Celtic in the UEFA Cup a few seasons back and both sets of supporters were singing YAWN, since it's a "Celtic" song, too. Best part was, though, was a guy at the bar turned around and actually had the audacity to say, in all seriousness, "fecking Scots have stolen our song!"

Moron.

Robbo

feck me..theres not much I see here that I did'nt know..but thats one of em...gobsmacked

MUFCgal

I've always known that song as Liverpool's so I hate it with a passion. When I took my niece to the X-Factor concert and Ray was singing it, I was singing along with the words 'you'll never get a job, sign on, sign on with hope in your heart, you'll never get a job'

Livvie

Executive Manager being kept sane only by her madn
Scout
I remember watching Liverpool v Celtic in the UEFA Cup a few seasons back and both sets of supporters were singing YAWN, since it's a "Celtic" song, too. Best part was, though, was a guy at the bar turned around and actually had the audacity to say, in all seriousness, "fecking Scots have stolen our song!"

Moron.
Who sang Fields of Athenry first? That was Celtic surely?

fadas

Liverpool sing Fields of Anfield Road exclusively, I think. Don't think they've ever sung the proper song itself.

That and "YAWN" are two fecking maudlin dirges anyway. To paraphrase a great man, stick it up their bollix.

Count Duckula

Well it's really fitting that the two most well-sung songs at Liverpool are two that sounds like funeral dirges. They probably cry and lay flowers as they do it.

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back

Moron.
The scots didnt sing it first though, so your information is in fact incorrect.

The first fans to sing it were either United or Liverpool, but theres much debate as to who sang it first..

Celtic did copy it later on, but who they copied it from is still not known.

Count Duckula

The scots didnt sing it first though, so your information is in fact incorrect.

The first fans to sing it were either United or Liverpool, but theres much debate as to who sang it first..

Celtic did copy it later on, but who they copied it from is still not known.
I wasn't trying to say that the Scots sung it first, more highlighting the idiocy of Liverpool fans in that they thought it was their song, always had been and that no one else could possibly sing it without trying to steal it off them.

It's not theirs to have someone steal.

fredthered

I want Peter Kenyon back
Liverpool sing Fields of Anfield Road exclusively, I think. Don't think they've ever sung the proper song itself.

That and "YAWN" are two fecking maudlin dirges anyway. To paraphrase a great man, stick it up their bollix.
Celtic sing the original because of their pro-nationalist views about Ireland, and the F.O.A is a well known nationalist song sung.

Liverpool altered the words because that song is sung alot around the pubs of Liverpool by the large number of Irish descendants that live in and around Merseyside...

henno

The fact that shiverpool still sing YAWN is a prime example of how they are unable to let go of the past........ lots of teams sang that song when it came out first.... it was just the fact that it was a liverpoor band who released it (1960's) which made it attractive to the scum......

its also very popular in ipswich.....

Dyslexic Untied

I would never sing it. When I watch the Liverpool CL matches I always turn down the sound or switch to another channel when they start with that shit at the eve of the game.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Plech is right, you would have to be a right gimp to be a Manchester United supporter and sing YAWN in this day and age.

A right gimp.

Canuckred64

Throughout the 70's and 80's a lot of clubs sang it. That 83 Cup Final against Brighton, both clubs at one time in the match were singing it.

What is even stranger is the 77 Cup Final against Liverpool and hearing United fans sing the song.

It is a measure how intense the rivalry has grown between United and Liverpool that no United fan would ever thing of singing it now.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
It's a nice song unfortunately. It's annoying that it's assosciated with such a rabble of shite.

RUUD_10_LEGEND

I hate how Liverpool's fans seem to they're better than everyone else just because they sing some random depressing song that has nothing to do with either football or their club.