g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Would you rather win the FA cup and keep Ten Hag or lose, sack Ten Hag?

Scottynaldinho

I'm not going to answer this myself, but I dread watching this team play. To quote Mourinho "if I say something I'm in trouble".

Scandi Red

Hates Music.
Why create a pointless scenario? Van Gaal did better than him in the league and won the FA cup. He still got sacked.

Win the FA Cup and sack Ten Hag over the speakers in the stadium while he's walking up to lift the trophy.

SER19

win and keep ten hag obviously. he can be sacked in september if we're still crap

leontas

Whether we keep or sack ten Hag won’t depend on the outcome of a single game but rather his body of work over the entirety of the season.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Yeah I don't think it matters. The FA Cup is a nice trophy to win if we're having a decent season but it doesn't gloss over another terrible league campaign. Van Gaal also deserved to be sacked at the time

Tap

Of course Win and keep, then sack if results and performances don’t improve

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
A thread reflective of the internet age we live in - where only the most polarising possibilities matter because they bring out the best reactions.

lex talionis

I love these hypothetical questions, would you be willing to accept a bad short term outcome in order to achieve a greater long term outcome? This isn't what we're facing, mates. The decision to sack or not sack ten Hag has very likely already been made and for obvious reasons hasn't been announced yet.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Stupid question . The answer should always be cup win . Anyone who thinks otherwise is also Stupid.

Reason is simple. Its one of the prestigious trophy and it's been a while since we did it. The incoming new manager doesn't guarantee us anything which means we are potentially losing a trophy for something uncertain. If current manager stays and he continues to do bad, he would be sacked anyway.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Win the FA Cup of course. It's not the end of the world if Ten Hag stays another year given the whole delays with Ashworth and everyone else being brand new. It's not ideal, but it is what it is. Just gotta be patient on that side. Any trophy, especially a cup final vs City, is big.

Todd

The fact that we've failed to qualify for the Champions League renders this season a resounding failure, regardless of whether or not we win the F.A. Cup, so winning the F.A. Cup doesn't really do anything for me.

That being said, everyone knows that Ten Hag needs to go and he'll go at some point, so I'd take the trophy with him staying (for now) in this silly scenario.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Beat city and win a trophy or lose to city again in the FA Cup final.

Tricky question for a United fan that.

Jev

If he stays, which I hope he doesn’t regardless of the outcome of the final, he’ll be sacked by October/November anyway, and hopefully won’t have the power to ensure we spend the summer budget on the wrong players. Obviously would rather win the final.

Would be very unprofessional if one match decided his future.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Win and keep, but can sympathise or whatever the word is with the question itself.

The FA Cup has never been particularly important for people of a certain age. We all know what happened to LVG after winning it too, so it's not big to our higher ups either.

LVG going of course means that win and sack is very much on the cards, but it very much does show how the FA cup is regarded too, making it a legitimate question of sorts. Nobody would ask this question of the Champions League or Premier League. The FA Cup or Europa League is where it begins for some.

SirAF

Ageist
Sack ten Hag and win the cup with Keane as interim manager :keano:

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Tough one. I really want to win the FA Cup but another season like this could be incredibly destructive, and if our results caught up to performances of the last 18 months, then we would be even lower in the table. And if that did happen, then a lot of the posters choosing the FA Cup right now would be frothing at the mouth about the fact he wasn't sacked at the end of this season.

Fortunately this situation isn't going to arise, as an FA Cup win won't be enough to save him - but it would actually smooth the path for his exit and gloss over his failings for his potential next employers. I think it works well for both parties.

Ayoba

Poster of Noncense.
Id rather lose the FA cup a keep ten hag.

He he

Dr Foo

I would hope that a decision has already been made regardless of the FA Cup. It’s more that he has to use these last 5 games to show that he can coax better performances to even have a reconsideration