Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

passing-wind

The one problem with this is that it's actually quite an average team. If you're happy with top 6 but hey, the team is full of academy products, then great.

Personally I have higher standards for a club of our stature. That is not going to be a title challenging side.
This is where I stand. I can't understand why fans are not inclined to think that top four isn't a realistic target for Solskjaer and the club this season. I saw a statistic the other day that Chelsea with their current position for being fourth have the lowest conclusive points total in almost 15 years. People talk about the squad setting the bar low but the league this season is catered for our ineptness. If we had beaten Huddersfield + Cardiff last season we would be in the champions league.

These are the small miniscule objectives that Ole is failing to exploit. We need short term success to anchor a foundation for long term achievements. We are not signing flavour of the month surnames in the summer with a 5th spot finish, not to mention losing our resources in investment of the team.

fergiesarmy1

This is where I stand. I can't understand why fans are not inclined to think that top four isn't a realistic target for Solskjaer and the club this season. I saw a statistic the other day that Chelsea with their current position for being fourth have the lowest conclusive points total in almost 15 years. People talk about the squad setting the bar low but the league this season is catered for our ineptness. If we had beaten Huddersfield + Cardiff last season we would be in the champions league.

These are the small miniscule objectives that Ole is failing to exploit. We need short term success to anchor a foundation for long term achievements. We are not signing flavour of the month surnames in the summer with a 5th spot finish, not to mention losing our resources in investment of the team.
Seems quite a few think it’s mission impossible, there are still 45 points up for grabs and no one we need to worry about are getting results with any consistency.

Over the last 10 games we are fourth with Chelsea and arsenal playing one game more. Rate it’s going Southampton might start fancying it, a team that got slapped 0-9 at home not so long ago :lol:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/pre...e/wettbewerb/GB1?saison_id=2019&min=14&max=24

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
They have spent more money than Manchester United this season, it’s a fact and they don’t generate anywhere near what us or a lot of premiership teams do. Also “free” transfers for the likes of Godin and loan deals for a certain Sanchez start to rack up in real money even if there is no transfer fee plus I don’t know how £80m on other players means all his budget went on Lukaku? Are you being deliberately argumentative on this point or just not actually that well informed on their spending this year?
Im not saying they havnt spent but its not as massive as you make it out to be.

fergiesarmy1

Im not saying they havnt spent but its not as massive as you make it out to be.
By Inter standards of the last decade its huge but I was stating the sheer numbers of players incoming as crazy (versus our 3 :rolleyes: with way more leaving)

Also you did say the majority of his budget went on Lukaku which isn’t true when it’s less than half of what he’s spent on new players not including all the frees and loans.

Anyway let’s move on, Conte only came into an argument from someone else.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I think Ole and the coaches have worked miracles to get us where we are at the moment, 5th in Prem, and still in all the cup competitions, with the lack of investment in the summer (how some posters can blame Ole for not signing another striker and a couple more midfield players is beyond me, I would imagine that he had given a list of players required to Ed, and then waited for him and Judge to get them done, which they didn't).

There is no proper coaching apparently, how people know that is ridiculous, do they have access to Carrington? Then they have no idea what goes on. The coaches have obviously worked with Fred, AWB (still more work required with his passing and attacking skills, but he is forward a lot more now), Rashford, Greenwood, Williams.

Tacticly inept is another one. We have set up well against the so called top clubs, beating them all (Chelsea twice), and most of those are without our 'star' player, and a threadbare squad. Accept that against the so called lesser or poorer teams we have struggled, and this again because we have little creativity in the team without Pogba. Mata has come back in and done well, and perhaps Ole could and should have used him more against these type of teams, but again many posters were livid that he was given a two year contract, and we should have got rid, but class is permanent, even if legs are not. I am a Manchester United fan/supporter, not an Ole fan (although I like the guy), but give the man a chance to build something here, there is no guarantee that ANY manager coming in will improve the team/squad while we have such an inept idiot in charge of the transfer budget (Ed).
I agree that our squad is way too thin but ole is not working miracles. The only reason way top 4 is still realistic is because Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea are having terrible seasons too. We are more or less on same points as Shef United who were promoted from the championship.

mirdo

Predictable and repetitive response to any positive post on here. Ole isn't good enough. Ole will kill the potential etc etc. What am I supposed to say to that? I don't agree with you
How seriously is going to Maguiere be better if now he is worse than when he came?

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Seems quite a few think it’s mission impossible, there are still 45 points up for grabs and no one we need to worry about are getting results with any consistency.

Over the last 10 games we are fourth with Chelsea and arsenal playing one game more. Rate it’s going Southampton might start fancying it, a team that got slapped 0-9 at home not so long ago :lol:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/pre...e/wettbewerb/GB1?saison_id=2019&min=14&max=24
Im feeling increasingly confident that we can finish fourth. The break in February comes at a good time for us in terms of getting players back, and we have a really nice run of fixtures after the City-Spurs double header mid-March. If we are within a few points by that stage I think we make it.

Its a tough season for everyone though. Whether the league is stronger than usual or whether the big clubs are just sh*t is up for debate, but I don't think anyone outside of Pool & City are going to put together consistent wins this season. This will go to the wire. In fact I have a sneaky suspicion that our match away to Leicester on the final day might end up being a play-off for a top four position.

Foxbatt

Surely, surely he can go to any club and buy a midfielder better than Pereira.
Now Chelsea are getting Cavani. He needs to get sacked ASAP

dove

Entitled twats, Burnley have a better squad than us. Ole is doing a fantastic job.

TrueRed79

Four clean sheets in 35 games. £150M spent on our defense. Ole is a garbage manager. How people can defend him is beyond me.

bonothom

Utter crap. Ole's words were this week that the Liverpool defeat showed how much United have improved since last season. What's the utter bollocks that's gonna come out of that Norwegian idiots mouth tonight after this shit show.

bonothom

Why is Greenwood not playing. Why is that useless twat Pereira playing again? Why does he keep picking him?

FujiVice

Ole's a poor manager, no doubt, but they'll probably got an agreement with Poch for the summer anyway. Cant see him getting sacked any time soon.

RUCK4444

Why is Greenwood not playing. Why is that useless twat Pereira playing again? Why does he keep picking him?
I think he must be playing for his work rate, you don’t really get that from Greenwood and with his age he fades in and out of games.

That said he would have buried every chance that Martial and Mata have missed.

RUCK4444

yes but we created about 3/4 clear cut chances. How is Ole to blame?
He’s always to blame mate, they have no other way of processing what they see.

They are expecting a Wizard to fly in and totally transform us regardless of injuries and squad quality.

There’s been some awful finishing in that first half, awful.

Because someone on the Busby Way today was trying to call Ole a genius, stealing ideas from Klopp with his inverted wingers and attacking fullbacks. Ole couldn't have any of that nonsense, he needs the World to know anything he stumbles upon is exactly that, a stumble, be it through injury or sheer naivety of selling half of his squad.

Machine Elements

Get him out of the club along with that slouch of a CB named Maguire. Even if we scrap a win, it doesn't mean anything. When we win it just papers over the cracks and not because we're getting progressively better at the playing style we want. A good coach does that with his team and you can only talk about progress then. We're just scraping some wins here and there when we win. We're not getting anywhere under Ole. How can anyone disagrees with that is beyond me.

izec

Four clean sheets in 35 games. £150M spent on our defense. Ole is a garbage manager. How people can defend him is beyond me.
Yes, people wanted to fix the defense first, and then the attack. After spending the money on 2 starting players, we are still leaky at the back and shit in attack.

Eddy_JukeZ

He 100% has to go.

I wouldn't sack him now, because this season is a write-off.

But in the summer, he's got to go.

bonothom

Entitled twats, Burnley have a better squad than us. Ole is doing a fantastic job.
Exactly what Ole fans will be saying. Our players are worse than Burnley and none of it is his fault. It's an absolute delusion cos he's an ex player.

TrueRed79

He’s always to blame mate, they have no other way of processing what they see.

They are expecting a Wizard to fly in and totally transform us regardless of injuries and squad quality.

There’s been some awful finishing in that first half, awful.
Yeah right, mate. He's responsible for the fact we can't defend set pieces or control a game when we are in front. He persists with zonal marking when we have conceded 9 set piece goals this season. I could go on and on about the mistakes he makes as a manager. If you can't see it, then poor you.

It's an absolute delusion cos he's an ex player.
They deny that though which is odd.

I mean, if Neil Warnock had come in here, had the same great start as Ole, said all the same things, made all the same decisions, are they seriously going to look at us with straight faces and say they'd be supporting him just as strongly? My guess is that they would be absolutely fuming worse than probably anyone about his shitness.

Irrational.

Feck him outa this club. I don't care about his past or how well other managers are doing, but he's actively contributing to the decline of the club. He doesn't have a clue, and hasn't had one since he signed that fecking contract. Utterly delusional with his glib positivity week in, week out. 'The signs are there' - I can certainly see the signs Ole, the signs of shit when I see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.