Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
It's hilarious. They are desperate to be right in their assertion that Ole is the worst manager ever.

If Rodgers or Lampard produces the same result today they are raving about how great they are. Instead today 'it's only Brighton', managed by Potter, another manager they have been praising for his 'coaching' and 'patterns of play' they are all now experts on.
Statiscally Ole is one of the worst Man Utd managers ever. It's not up for debate.

Alabaster Codify7

I doubt that you and many others would be swayed if we won the league to be honest.

It's a completely pointless argument because we are not finishing in the top 4 under this manager let alone dreaming about competing for the title. Absolutely no chance in a million years. Would Roy Hodgson win the title with United? No he fecking wouldn't and he's a better manager than Ole.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Yes we're back we've beaten the mighty Brighton. Ole in! Seriously though you just know that this team will go to Sheff Utd and lose with Ole telling us what a top team the blades are. You just know it.
Sheffield are the hardest team to score on this season after Leicester. If you think we'll net 4 if we just play well, you are out of your mind.

9 goals allowed in 12 matches. Sheffield are going to park the bus and then some. They are also currently 5th in the Premier League. Like, why this big need to talk down on other clubs, especially when they are having fantastic seasons?

That being said, we are clear favorites away and I expect us to win.

That being said, amazing job coming from today game and still being a sourpuss

Chairman Steve

My view of having a new manager isn’t necessarily dependent on whether OGS’ performance in the role is good enough. It’s what other options are out there on the market and the risk that could end up at other clubs or worse our league rivals.

Imagine a hypothetical situation where a new Alex Ferguson appears on the circuit, and he’s performing miracles somewhere akin to Aberdeen in the 80s and OGS is still giving us inconsistent results and inconsistent performances (face it, it’s still inconsistent at best under him)... do we move heaven and earth to get this new guy in or are we going to stick with OGS and almost hope he turns into Guardiola?

Will Singh

Still haven't seen any consistency for me to say ok let's keep him. To many knee jerks in here who change there vote after a good or bad result. I think the clubs requirement from him is top 4 so unfortunately we are stuck with him, if we want to get back to the top it should be top 2 with a good cup run, that should be the clubs requirement not top 4 AFC bullshit!

bonothom

Still haven't seen any consistency for me to say ok let's keep him. To many knee jerks in here who change there vote after a good or bad result. I think the clubs requirement from him is top 4 so unfortunately we are stuck with him, if we want to get back to the top it should be top 2 with a good cup run, that should be the clubs requirement not top 4 AFC bullshit!
Hang on, if the clubs requirement is top 4 then Ole has no chance. We are 9 points adrift and United need to go on a 6 or 7 match winning run to just get back into contention. That's not going to happen. We haven't had back to back Premier league wins since last season.

chickensgowoof

I voted keep a while ago. Initial reason was, I was impressed by the 3 signings.
We've all seen those areas as problem areas for ages and they've never been addressed till last summer. I've also been impressed with the way he's kept faith and developed Mctominay & Williams to fix other problem positions.

Ole & staff seem to know the problems we still have, I've got faith they will fix them too, hopefully we will sign a creative yet strong AM, and with Martial finally back and on form, and Pogba not far off, we should be OK.

Yes, tactically hes not the greatest, our inability to break down defensive teams is terrible.
Klopp isn't a great tactician either, but he's built a really well balanced team that destroys their opponents, hopefully Ole will do the same

For this reason, my vote stays as keep......

for now

Hawks2008

Still don't think he's good enough and the past few weeks of decent results haven't changed that. Credit for this improved spell but needs to keep it up for as along as he had us playing shite before he wins me over.

TrustInOle

Isnt doing to badly now the Injury list has cleared up abit, still missing our best playing piece, which should only further improve on what we are currently seeing. 5 wins in 6 isnt to shabby, also the only blemish on Liverpools record this season, which takes something, see Man City today. Add to this the style of play we want is coming through more and more, maybe giving him more time wouldnt be such a bad idea, instead of persisting with this manager and philosophy u-turning. Proud of Ole and the team recently after all the hate and criticism that came their way. :devil:

TrustInOle

Ole has us so down the pecking order that actually being 7th feels like something great.
Half the fan base, before the season, were happy challenging top 4 and seeing more attacking philosophy while promoting youth. Especially when the window shut. Expectations were low before Ole arrived, that's not on him when a squad has finished consistently around 6/5th place in recent years. '6th' Youngest squad in league, huge injuries, thin squad and a point of 5th. I'd say he is on target and deserves the time to show more of what he is trying to build.

Last edited:

SAFMUTD

Half the fan base, before the season, were happy challenging top 4 and seeing more attacking philosophy while promoting youth. Especially when the window shut. Expectations were low before Ole arrived, that's not on him when a squad has finished consistently around 6/5th place in recent years. Youngest squad in league, huge injuries, thin squad and a point of 5th. I'd say he is on target and deserves the time to show more of what he is trying to build.
Actually 6th youngest squad in the league. Lets not throw false information around.

Bojan11

Can't believe people are changing their vote after a win at home over Brighton.
It will go back after the Sheffield United game and the cycle will continue.

Still don’t think he’s the right man for the job but will be happy if he proves me wrong, but I highly doubt that will happen.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I don't get these types of posts. You're basically saying there's fans out there that want us to lose games or drop points because they are in the Ole out camp.

Rodgers and Lampard's teams are currently 10 points ahead of us why didn't you mention that. At the start of the season we were expected to finish ahead of both. You may call us pessimistic but games it'll take a lot more for me to be convinced than games against Norwich, Partizan Belgrade and Brighton before I start getting giddy. This same shite happened with Moyes and you had people on here thinking it was all 1999 again.
I've seen several posts explicitly state they want us to lose so Ole get sacked sooner, yes they exists. I dont know who "expected" us to finish above Chelsea and Lechester. Of course there was big question marks around Lampard and Chelsea, but even without Hazard they are far from a bad side. The last couple of years they have done some very good transfer business and their academy prospects have been excellent, Mount, Tomori and Abraham have been brilliant so far. Chelsea did in fact win the league only 3 years ago, with most of those players still there.

And i cant fathom why people still shit on Leichester. Is it because they are not a traditional "big club"? They won the league much more recently than we have, and despite losing some big names since then, they have also replaced them with excellent players. You dont have to be an expert to see Leichester have genuine quality in their squad. This whole "Leichester and Chelsea are doing well, therefore Ole is bad" is a bizarre argument
1. Both of them are also ahead of City who have two top four XI's. Needless to say they've had a flying start to the season and i would be very surprised if they can keep this kind of form going
2. Its not like they are some shite no-name clubs being carried by their managers. Rodgers is a good manager, Lampard remains to be seen, but both have plenty of quality players
3. Picking whoever is doing well then and there and then using it as a stick to beat Ole with is a weird. Is it relevant to us? Other teams aren't allowed to do well? Before the season started, all the rage was Poch and how brilliant he was and how he supposedly could single-handedly save us from mediocrity. That thread has gone awfully quiet now and when it is bumped you still have people bending over backwards to make excuses for him. If Ole had been shown the same amount of leniency that Poch is being shown by the Caf, that poll would have been 90% keep

Yes, beating Norwich, Partizan and Brighton is hardly cause for celebration, and there is still a long way to go. Whether fans want to admit it or not, we are still in a rebuild, the squad is still ridiculously thin in certain areas and we still have to place our faith in lots of youngsters so us being inconsistent is not really surprising. Regardless of individual results though, there are some good signs emerging
1. Defense is undoubtedly much more solid, both in the high press and when we are falling back. We still seem to concede a goal every match though, which is annoying, but its not like we are getting pelted with shots, are hanging on for dear life and is only being saved by De Gea like we used to. AWB in particular has been a revelation. Yesterday he had 6/6 successful tackles, most of anyone, and its hardly been mentioned since its a standard performance from him. The man is a machine
2. Work rate have improved a lot and we are much more energetic both in attack and defense. No doubt getting rid of Lukaku and adding the likes of James who can seemingly sprint at full pelt all game has helped, but other players like Martial also seem a lot more mobile and hard working
3. Getting Martial back has been night and day for our attack. Its scary how reliant we are on him and says something about our lack of squad depth, but in those games you mentioned we actually looked like a competent attacking side. Rashford, Martial and James is actually starting to look like a very decent attacking outfit and if we can get an in-form Pogba into the mix as well, i think we can become one of the better counter attacking sides in the league.
4. The starting XI's Ole are putting are very young. Yesterday it was just below 24 years in average and going by his willingness to promote academy players and his transfers, this is pretty promising for the future.
5. Despite some shitty results so far, players seem happier and more close knit than we have in a long time. There is also a honesty about this group of players we have not seen in a long time. No more of these mopey "superstars" and whinging mercenaries. It will be interesting to see how Pogba behaves when hes back, but if we get the diva version of him he should be shipped out ASAP, because we had more than our fill of that nonsense

Plenty of more football is to be played before the season is over and we will undoubtedly hit a few more snags along the road, but overall it think we are taking some small steps in the right direction.

Gomes

Oh, I remember when LvG used to put out League's youngest team every other week. Turned out great didn't it. Alienating mopey Di Maria was a masterstroke too.

There is no need for quotation marks around expected. Everybody was talking about top 4 finish at the expense of Chelsea. Nobody said we have a worse squad than Newcastle then. In fact, some even said that United is going to win the league before Liverpool.

midnightmare

Oh, I remember when LvG used to put out League's youngest team every other week. Turned out great didn't it. Alienating mopey Di Maria was a masterstroke too.

There is no need for quotation marks around expected. Everybody was talking about top 4 finish at the expense of Chelsea. Nobody said we have a worse squad than Newcastle then. In fact, some even said that United is going to win the league before Liverpool.
:lol:. Yeah, Gaz was insistent on that. In his defence, he didn't know then that the dippers had spunked the amount saved on player acquisition on the refs instead ;)

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Actually 6th youngest squad in the league. Lets not throw false information around.
Big difference between youngest squad, and youngest squad on the pitch.

Yesterdays team was the youngest team to play in the Premier League this season at 23yo350days.

Oles opening roster was the youngest on the day as well in the first round.

The manager is constantly choosing younger players over experienced veterans, contrary to what seems to be the prevailing idea. Simply because we have players like Matic, Mata and Young in the team doesn't mean that they are constantly seeing playtime.

MUFC have fielded the 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 9th youngest team so far in the EPL this season. Other teams with an emphasis on young starting XI's are Chelsea, Bornemouth and Norwich. Villa and Southampton are also playing a lot of developing talent. Whereas on the other end of the scale you have teams like Watford, Palace, Manchester City, Tottenham, West Ham and Burnley who all have squads nearing a post-prime average.

Arsenal, who does have the youngest registered squad, does not play the kids the same way the abovementioned teams do, and have not had a playing roster with an avg age less than 26 all year so far.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

No 'everybody' wasn't saying we would finish top 4 at the expense of Chelsea. Correct, nobody said we had a worse squad than Newcastle and haven't since either.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
There's no doubting five wins in six is a big improvement. I still think he needs to do a lot more to convince me he should keep the job at the end of the season when more proven managers will be available but I'm not as vehemently against giving him the rest of the season as I was.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

Yesterdays team was the youngest team to play in the Premier League this season at 23yo350days.

The manager is constantly choosing younger players over experienced veterans, contrary to what seems to be the prevailing idea. Simply because we have players like Matic, Mata and Young in the team doesn't mean that they are constantly seeing playtime.

MUFC have fielded the 1st, 2nd, 5th, 6th, 9th youngest team so far in the EPL this season. Other teams with an emphasis on young starting XI's are Chelsea, Bornemouth and Norwich. Villa and Southampton are also playing a lot of developing talent. Whereas on the other end of the scale you have teams like Watford, Palace, Manchester City, Tottenham, West Ham and Burnley who all have squads nearing a post-prime average.

Arsenal, who does have the youngest registered squad, does not play the kids the same way the abovementioned teams do, and have not had a playing roster with an avg age less than 26 all year so far.
Whats the source for this ?

Not doubting it, just interested

I had read earlier in the season that Leicester also had one of the youngest X1

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Gary Neville on his podcast said that since the last international break, it has been a good month for United aside from the Bournemouth result. I have to agree, we have been better over the last 3-4 weeks or so and while it's still not brilliant (see Bournemouth) things have definitely improved. Let's see where we are once Pogba is back and how we get on over the next few games, I'm still Ole in and think we can improve further and push higher up the table.

SAFMUTD

Thats a good point, but then again youngest squad on the pitch should be a fact that is reviewed after each match not just given as a fact just because in some games we have the youngest starting XI.

Also we should mention that we have some consolidated "youngsters" in the starting XI that are bringing the average age down, players like Rashford, AWB and McTomminay that are were either bought or inherited by Ole. When people state that we are playing youngsters its made to look as if Ole has a bunch of new youngsters playing in when in fact the only new ones who are getting constant minutes are Greenwood and Williams, and neither is consolidated as a starter its not like Chelsea who has Tammy and Mount starting game after game.

I get the fact that we have a young squad but I dont see how that is Ole's merit, like I said if he would had incorporated more youngsters as Lampard has then I would agree.

SAFMUTD

Whats the source for this ?

Not doubting it, just interested

I had read earlier in the season that Leicester also had one of the youngest X1
Its been reported on twitter, but its being exagerated here to make it look as if Ole is constantly promoting youth. Yesterday the starting XI average age was 23 years 350 days, its the youngest starting XI since May 2017 when we averaged more than a year less with 22 years and 284 days, guess who was the manager on May 2017? Exactly Mourinho but of course nobody would dare to claim that Mourinho was a youngster promoter, but here since many people want to defend Ole and hes not giving much then people hold on to this kind of statistics.

Here's the tweet by the way:

Kemizee

I voted keep a while ago. Initial reason was, I was impressed by the 3 signings.
We've all seen those areas as problem areas for ages and they've never been addressed till last summer. I've also been impressed with the way he's kept faith and developed Mctominay & Williams to fix other problem positions.

Ole & staff seem to know the problems we still have, I've got faith they will fix them too, hopefully we will sign a creative yet strong AM, and with Martial finally back and on form, and Pogba not far off, we should be OK.

Yes, tactically hes not the greatest, our inability to break down defensive teams is terrible.
Klopp isn't a great tactician either, but he's built a really well balanced team that destroys their opponents, hopefully Ole will do the same

For this reason, my vote stays as keep......

for now
Theoritical knowledge is different from practical knowledge(implementation).

Ole knows how to articulate the right things but problem is that he doesn't know how to make it translate to actual results which makes us sticking to him nothing but an exercise in 'faith' like you claimed. That's all we've got. His managerial history leaves so much to be desired and I am highly skpetical he is the right man for a club of our size!

Falcow

Excellent post, well researched. Ole could have kept older players like sanchez, lukaku and played matic more but he hasnt, a deliberate choice. He also didn't have to sign AWB and James, two young inexperienced players but he did, again his choice. Question his tactics but dont see how his willingness to play youth can.

Reactions: Rood

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Its been reported on twitter, but its being exagerated here to make it look as if Ole is constantly promoting youth. Yesterday the starting XI average age was 23 years 350 days, its the youngest starting XI since May 2017 when we averaged more than a year less with 22 years and 284 days, guess who was the manager on May 2017? Exactly Mourinho but of course nobody would dare to claim that Mourinho was a youngster promoter, but here since many people want to defend Ole and hes not giving much then people hold on to this kind of statistics.

Here's the tweet by the way:
May 2017, last PL game of the season, locked in 6th position, 3 days before the Europa league final. Context.

mancave bear

I am so happy that Ole got the inteligence and guts to get rid of players that was not part of the long time solution, in order to build a winning team in the future.

Its like choosing between getting one banana now ore a million bucks in a year. It looks like 52 percent on this forum would go for the bana.

Reactions: Rood

lysglimt

Scout
He has made Fred look like a footballer - that is the best proof that he isn't as hopeless as some think he is.

SAFMUTD

May 2017, last PL game of the season, locked in 6th position, 3 days before the Europa league final. Context.
Yes thats why taking statistics from only one game is not a great idea to judge a manager is it?

Conor

With Pogba coming back, and the opportunity to make some signings in January, I think we could make some decent progress up the table(barring major injuries). We are still very thin at a squad level, but our starting 11, especially with Pogba in the 10, has enough to create some chances against teams that sit deep. It's clear that we can do damage to teams that give us space, if we can keep up the attractive football for a sustained period we will be in for an enjoyable few months.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
We're the only team to get point off Liverpool, we gave Leicester and Chelsea both one of their two losses, that's the top 3!

There is plenty to be encouraged by, Ole is going to make mistakes this season, perhaps underestimating some opponents, but I'm happy enough at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.