Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lentwood

The plan is obvious but the squad is so thin we’re only one or two injuries away from crisis

I don’t see that as being Ole’s fault tbh and if we’d had Pogba and Martial in 90% of our games we’d have at least 4-6 more points

Needs to be given until at least Christmas 2020

Rafaeldagold

No it doesn’t.

Him getting us relegated is ridiculous is what I’m saying. Like I say, we’ll agree to disagree.
Why doesn’t it? We’re further off top 4 than relegation so he’s failing really really badly

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
We are playing better football. There are signs of improvement in terms of attack and the way the squad are playing together.
Credit to you for actually having the ability to be flexible. Too many people here pin their flags firmly to one mast and then stop seeing things objectively

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Performances like today cannot be one offs. If OGS is going to succeed at this level, this has to happen regularly.

Manchester United is about having one-off bad performances, not one-off good performances, which has been the theme since he became permanent manager.
We've looked better since Liverpool imo. B'mouth was a bad one, but we looked leggy from the first minute so no doubt three away games in a week had taken its toll.

Not saying we have been amazing, but our league results have been worse than we have deserved
Vs Palace the ref was a cnut, we should have had another pen much earlier and they should have had a man sent off. We miss a pen and several huge chances, while Palace scores 2 goals from 1,5 chance
Vs Wolves we have complete control besides a 5 minute period and they score a worldie, we miss another pen
Vs Soton we are camped in their half the entire game and yet again miss several huge chances, they score from their only attack
Vs Newcastle, Maguire somehow misses a free header from 6 yards and they score from a long range effort
West Ham was bad, but there again we miss some big chances early and then fall asleep on their first goal and they score a worldie from a stupid FK given away
B'mouth was also bad, but as i said, we looked tired and we really gifted them a goal there

Having our only proper AM, CF and LB injured considering our thin squad has not helped either.

And i know "bad luck" is a lame excuse as good teams make their own luck, but in to many games this season we have had decent control, but been let down by key moments in both attack and defense.

NJM78

Still don’t want Ole managing us and hope he isn’t from 20/21 season at least.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Why doesn’t it? We’re further off top 4 than relegation so he’s failing really really badly
I think you’ve mis-read my posts.

I’m saying I don’t believe Ole will get us relegated and in my view, it’s not as bad as certain fans claim (ie we’re not going to get relegated).

lysglimt

Scout
No but you can’t call it a ridiculous notion either
Unless we get 3-4 more players injured and can't get a single-player in - it wont happen. We are simply too organized with too much quality up-front for that ever to become an issue

DoomSlayer

We have to keep winning in our next 3-4 matches, the pressure is still on. The way the league is going, we must challenge for the top 4.

passing-wind

Show improvement and demonstrate better quality of football and receive more support. It's not rocket science really.
That's easy to say on the basis of this result but on the credibility of the entire season has Manchester United played a better quality of football ?

Ole has underperformed thus far, it will take consistent wins / results in the next 6-8 games to balance out the dreadful performances at the start.

midnightmare

Fair play to Ole for this one. 5 wins in the last 6 overall so can’t say form deserves the sack - albeit 3 of those wins were in Cup games. If he can actually build some momentum in the PL over the next 7-8 games, I’ll change my vote from Sack. For now though, not convinced. PL is where it counts and PL form remains poor over the season. Yet to get back to back wins FFS!

Abhinav

I was waiting for us to finish our match before posting this so as to not invite the wrath of the luck gods but it is ridiculous how many posts condemned Ole for having us in 14th without us even having played this weekend. It is extremely tight between 5th - 17th right now and for people to not even have the patience to wait for the weekend to get over before they come out with their Sack Ole posts is ridiculous. We are P7 W5 D1 L1 GF13 GA 5 since the last international break and it would be good to see some positivity on the board sometimes than constant moaning.

Alabaster Codify7

My opinion has not changed.

Ole out.

I'm not going to be swayed by false dawns and the odd good performance with a few goals. We've seen too many of those since 2013 to continue falling for it. If Ole manages to win the next 3 on the bounce, I will then admit that I need to reassess the situation.

I stand by the fact that he is not a good enough manager to bring us glory and ultimately, we are a club that should be getting glory.

Foxbatt

No I still want a much better manager. Beating Brighton at home is nothing to shout about.
Let's see how we do in the next few matches.

Kemizee

No I still want a much better manager. Beating Brighton at home is nothing to shout about.
Let's see how we do in the next few matches.
Hmmn. The sorry state of our club when a Manchester United manager is hailed vociferously for beating Brighton at home. We have truly fallen beyond belief! God help us!

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Ole’s damning point is Rodgers & Lampard doing wonders with a worse squad (Brandon) or no experience (Frank).

El Jefe

It will take a monumental 2020 for me to change my opinion of sacking him at the end of the season.

Odd great games here and there do nothing to change my opinion. As it stands, Ole is one of the worst managers in the league, that's not a dig its the harsh truth. So pragmatically, why would I want one of the worst managers in the league managing United especially when there's far better options out there.

bonothom

Yes we're back we've beaten the mighty Brighton. Ole in! Seriously though you just know that this team will go to Sheff Utd and lose with Ole telling us what a top team the blades are. You just know it.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
It will take a monumental 2020 for me to change my opinion of sacking him at the end of the season.

Odd great games here and there do nothing to change my opinion. As it stands, Ole is one of the worst managers in the league, that's not a dig its the harsh truth. So pragmatically, why would I want one of the worst managers in the league managing United especially when there's far better options out there.
Or you can argue that Ole is the 7th best manager in the league if we go by the rankings. It all depends how you look at it. Yes, United havent had the best of starts, but let the young players evolve and grow together as a team and im sure the right conclusions will be formed when this season is over.

BlueHaze

It's kind of fun to see it changing though isn't it.
It is. Whenever these type of polls are made I make my choice and stand by it for the rest of the year regardless of results. But it's rather pathetic seeing people flip flop every weekend.

RG 11

I'm still in the Ole out camp but the signs are encouraging. We're scoring more than 1 goal and scoring from open play too. I think the midfield of McTom and Fred is settling in and credit for Williams at Lb goes to Ole. Martial coming in has also helped a lot since Rashford was horrible with his back to the goal. It's reduced pressure on James and Rashford and they are playing better.

The next five games have 3 tough games (Spurs, City and Sheffield) so we'll see how we fare. I don't have high hopes but if he manages to leverage this momentum and win 4/5 then I think I would change my mind and be ready to give him this full season. Top 4 is out of reach but he can still do well in the EL and domestic cups considering his record against top teams isn't too bad.

El Jefe

Or you can argue that Ole is the 7th best manager in the league if we go by the rankings. It all depends how you look at it. Yes, United havent had the best of starts, but let the young players evolve and grow together as a team and im sure the right conclusions will be formed when this season is over.
Well that would be an odd way of looking at things as it would indicate that Steve Bruce is better than Poch and Rodgers is better than Pep. I understand where you're coming from about forming conclusions at the end but I'm sure enough of my opinion at this point.

The same way I don't need a whole season to know Pereira isn't good enough to be our starting No.10, is the same way I'm sure Ole isn't the man for the job.

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
Well that would be an odd way of looking at things as it would indicate that Steve Bruce is better than Poch and Rodgers is better than Pep. I understand where you're coming from about forming conclusions at the end but I'm sure enough of my opinion at this point.

The same way I don't need a whole season to know Pereira isn't good enough to be our starting No.10, is the same way I'm sure Ole isn't the man for the job.
Hence why i said it depends how you look at it. You can compare Poch, Rodgers and Bruce because they have a much longer managerial career then Ole. Ole has his first full season (in the Premier League) and currently stands 7th. Also, you can be right in your opinion, however how would we measure that if we didnt give Ole atleast this year to let the team evolve and grow together?

lsd

The Oracle
I take it a lot of people on this thread hate to see Utd playing well going by their posts . Pathetic

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I take it a lot of people on this thread hate to see Utd playing well going by their posts . Pathetic
It's hilarious. They are desperate to be right in their assertion that Ole is the worst manager ever.

If Rodgers or Lampard produces the same result today they are raving about how great they are. Instead today 'it's only Brighton', managed by Potter, another manager they have been praising for his 'coaching' and 'patterns of play' they are all now experts on.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
The issue i observe is that many made their choice already and even with positive results, they are not flexible enough to atleast give the manager and team a chance to grow and evolve together.
It's hilarious. They are desperate to be right in their assertion that Ole is the worst manager ever.

If Rodgers or Lampard produces the same result today they are raving about how great they are. Instead today 'it's only Brighton', managed by Potter, another manager they have been praising for his 'coaching' and 'patterns of play' they are all now experts on.

That's Bs. I am happy with today and hope Ole can turn it around but others aren't as happy because they genuinely don't rate Ole's management. They know what a set of fluke results did previously (land him a job he wasn't ready for and finished our aspirations in the premier league few matches in) and have seen enough of these false false dawns.

Today's win was actually good so giving Ole credit, but I was super annoyed the day we beat leicester 1-0. It showed how bad Ole was managing this team.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

I have always said give it till January 2020. If I were the director I'd sack him at this rate unless he proves something incredible in next few games/start of January.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Can't believe people are changing their vote after a win at home over Brighton.

matt10000

My opinion has not changed.

Ole out.

I'm not going to be swayed by false dawns and the odd good performance with a few goals. We've seen too many of those since 2013 to continue falling for it. If Ole manages to win the next 3 on the bounce, I will then admit that I need to reassess the situation.

I stand by the fact that he is not a good enough manager to bring us glory and ultimately, we are a club that should be getting glory.
I doubt that you and many others would be swayed if we won the league to be honest.

El Jefe

I don't get these types of posts. You're basically saying there's fans out there that want us to lose games or drop points because they are in the Ole out camp.

Rodgers and Lampard's teams are currently 10 points ahead of us why didn't you mention that. At the start of the season we were expected to finish ahead of both. You may call us pessimistic but games it'll take a lot more for me to be convinced than games against Norwich, Partizan Belgrade and Brighton before I start getting giddy. This same shite happened with Moyes and you had people on here thinking it was all 1999 again.

Status
Not open for further replies.