Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
At least this argument will die now. :D
I was thinking the same but it won't. People who want Ole to stay will say that Poch doesn't have better results this year than Ole. CL does not matter, he is worse in PL than Ole so Poch is shit:lol:
I can't believe there are some who think Ed would fire Ole now just to get Poch. Not only that, Poch is damaged goods right now.
Only in the eyes of United fans who love Ole.

Greck

I don't think Poch getting sacked changes anything.

On what basis is Poch any more viable than the multitude of managers currently available, such as Allegri or Solari for example?
Even better, we have a handful of viable alternatives. How blessed we are to have so many good candidates.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I can't believe there are some who think Ed would fire Ole now just to get Poch. Not only that, Poch is damaged goods right now.
I hope you are right, but I have no faith in Ed and the gang to control their urges.

Ole is just beginning to turn things around too.

I Am Zlatan

Now that Poch is sacked, and there is someone else available other than the “outdated” Allegri, so to the people who said, there is no one else to hire, what’s your stance now?

Irrational.

I'd be on the phone to Poch if I was Woody, with a view to signing him up at the end of the season. By far the best option available. Poch with money is dangerous.

Jericholyte2

With Poch being sacked, do we think Ole could potentially step aside and take on a role such as the technical director?

His signings so far have been positive, could we have him teaming with Poch, with Ole looking at possible incomings, liaising with Poch, then working together to bring players and coach them fully?

dove

With Poch being sacked, do we think Ole could potentially step aside and take on a role such as the technical director?

His signings so far have been positive, could we have him teaming with Poch, with Ole looking at possible incomings, liaising with Poch, then working together to bring players and coach them fully?
No, this myth of Ole's "incredible" signings needs to die. They have been OK, nothing special especially considering how much they cost.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Yeah sure, Ole will leave his dream job. He would not do that even if we finish 20th. Long term and shit like that

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
We've been really bad for months, a lot longer than the run that has seen Poch sacked. A few decent results isn't going to erase that in my mind.

If there's a chance to bring Poch in, I would happily bring him in right now.

I Am Zlatan

See post above yours
about Ole starting to turn things around? I agree it would be little harsh since we stuck with him when things were terrible and now better and he gets sacked, but I’m still in the Ole out camp, and he still had that terrible run, we don’t know if he’ll completely turn it around, or another false dawn..

Not going to lie, I’m impressed by the team in the last few matches, but I’m very aware about how many times we thought it’s turned around, when it actually didn’t..

By the way, no matter how unimpressed I am by the manager, I never wish to lose just to sack him.. also if we lose and sack him, we won’t have a chance to qualify for the cl (if we drop a lot in the league, or get knocked out in Europa), so even if we lose and Ole (or anyone else) gets sacked, we’d still be in a bad situation..

el3mel

If we let Poch run of our hands we will regret this simply put. He will do everything that Ole will do and even more. Will build the squad and install proper coaching in the players.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

Why not?

For what it's worth; I don't blame Poch for Spurs' downfall this season. For me, it was a combination of Levy refusing to meet his players' contractual demands and many of them growing tired of the 'project' not producing results - i.e trophies - and underperforming for the club as a result.

I think he walks away from Spurs with his reputation intact and with several high profile clubs interested in his services. If we can retain Ole in a role better suited to his abilities - which I believe the DoF role is - then the idea of recruiting Poch is worthy of consideration.

dove

I hope you win some money from that certain knowledge you seem to possess as well.
No idea what it has anything to do with winning money. We are shit, is it really that hard to predict us losing a game, especially away where we have like 1 win in half a year?

DoomSlayer

No idea what it has anything to do with winning money. We are shit, is it really that hard to predict us losing a game, especially away where we have like 1 win in half a year?
You are adamant that the results are already predetermined. That's why I'm saying that you should take advantage of this situation and secure your financial future.

dove

You are adamant that the results are already predetermined. That's why I'm saying that you should take advantage of this situation and secure your financial future.
Unfortunately the betting odds are not very favourable as everyone knows we are shite.

El Zoido

We’ve won 5 out of our last 6 games and have started to look good. Can see the signs of progress in the last few games and things are starting to click. Not really the time to bump this, especially after the disastrous job Poch has done this season.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Try contributing to the thread rather than throwing around sly remarks ;)
This thread and all Ole's thread had gone in repeat mode long time ago. Bad manager, long term solution, loves United, bad results, progress, building for future, shit squad, low standards....everything is said already. By pro Ole people and sack Ole people.

Remarks are only what is left:). And is @Ban only who can be sarcastic here? ;). I know that i am not good as him in that but i can learn

C'est Moi Cantona

Ole is ok for now whilst there isn't a credible option available, but if we have Poch fluttering his eyelashes at us, and no Levy standing in his way, then we'd be crazy not to take advantage of it.

Afterall it was less a year a go we were hearing he was our number one target, and we'd be willing to pay out his contract, etc. Clearly what we've seen since doesn't warrant us passing this chance now if it's there.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I hope you bet on that and win a ton of money, since you know what will happen already.
Numbers know. They say that so far this season in PL it is 50% chance that we will lose away game and 85 % chance that we are not winning that game.

stubie

We’ve won 5 out of our last 6 games and have started to look good. Can see the signs of progress in the last few games and things are starting to click. Not really the time to bump this, especially after the disastrous job Poch has done this season.
It’s only been the last 6 months which have been bad. His stock would have been sky high had he resigned after the Champions League Final.

Mainoldo

Numbers know. They say that so far this season in PL it is 50% chance that we will lose away game and 85 % chance that we are not winning that game.
Better off beating on us to win. But you’d likely lose your money.

el3mel

We still haven't won even 2 games in a row in the league though.

Shark

@NotShark
Lose against Sheffield United and I think Woody will start to seriously consider his future with Poch now available. We can’t keep on losing in the league, it’s been shocking league form for months on end.

Status
Not open for further replies.