Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I said that - even Wenger would be an improvement in at this stage, until end of season.
If you want english, go for Rodgers.
Hasenhüttl isn't a bad option either.
Wenger? I honestly though that was a joke option I thought United hated him. Could be a goer especially if he was a success, would love to hear the Arsenal fans.

Greck

I can’t believe the poll. We deserve mid table as a collective fan group. :houllier:
Because the poll isn't well phrased. I don't think he's right but would rather he didn't get sacked today because the season has no expectations to be salvaged. The poll should specify conditional options like when (ie end of season?) Or replacements (like if one becomes available)

Sir Scott McToMinay

:lol: okay

Luckily social media was around in the late 80's - fans like you (there's plenty more of you) would have had Fergie sacked.
Great and insightful response.
Stop for once and for all comparing 80s United to one of the powerful and richest clubs on the planet, it’s an insult to the club and our 2 and a half decades of success.

So, Ole doesn’t get any criticism for leaving us with a thin squad, he deserves praise for our post Jose run, which you claim had something to do with coaching and tactics (after 2 days in charge :lol:), and now that we’ve had our worst start in 30 years, everyone except Ole is to blame.

Don’t waste my time with cliches man.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Of course, no doubt about that. And he's bought well so far... so he could certainly get those players in if he's still here to do it.

But he's already talking about buying a striker in January, and January purchases are notoriously risky and often don't work out. isn't that a concern that shows panic and a lack of planning? He clearly wanted Rashford and Martial to be his main options up front and only 7 weeks after the window closed he's already reverting on that decision.

Whether he even gets to rebuild will depend on results, and the results are bad.. like.. really, really bad, and don't really look like improving, which was my whole point. So we can look toward the next few windows and say he'll maybe do better if he gets these players and whatnot but if we're languishing in the bottom half by the end of the season (a not impossible scenario) then how the hell is he even going to get those players? It's also very likely that our best player fecks off in the summer too which will leave our midfield in even more dire straits.
Any transfer is risky. We need attacking quality ASAP. I would hope that a right winger can be bought in too, but I suspect that Sancho is our balls-out option in the summer and if hat is the case then it will be because they have been given some encouragement from the player

As for Pogba I'd honestly rather have £150m to reinvest. He isn't playing particularly well and is not the leader we need in the middle. McTominay is showing him up this season.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Great and insightful response.
Stop for once and for all comparing 80s United to one of the powerful and richest clubs on the planet, it’s an insult to the club and our 2 and a half decades of success.

So, Ole doesn’t get any criticism for leaving us with a thin squad, he deserves praise for our post Jose run, which you claim had something to do with coaching and tactics (after 2 days in charge :lol:), and now that we’ve had our worst start in 30 years, everyone except Ole is to blame.

Don’t waste my time with cliches man.
Who said Ole doesn't deserve any blame? Let's learn to read before making stuff up.

Sacking him and starting again helps nobody.

Imagine if he finished 11th or 13th :lol:

Bestietom

Okay but when I see the words back I see Longstaff; Rice and Maddison. With Mandzukic up top because he believes in Rashford and Tony.

So as far as I’m concerned and I don’t need to see this out. We already known where it is going. The same place Moyes was looking to take us. There probably watching videos on Steve Bruce and Pallister getting shown how to defend.
I'm not saying that Ole is the saviour, but I would like to see him continue the rebuilding, only be backed more.
2 top Players in January ( a number 10 and a CF ) could be the start. Then next summer bring in another 3 Top players. 2 Midfelders and a RW.
No matter what manager comes in we need these 5 top players to compete for honours.

Castia

Appreciate his transfer dealings, I’m glad to see the back of Sanchez etc but on the field is Moyes-esque.

Tactics aren't good enough. We’re poor on the ball, dodgy in defence, creating absolutely nothing.

It’s boring to watch. Even if we had Sancho etc I just don’t see us being very good due to our setup. You don’t need world class players to get a style of play and system in place, we have absolutely nothing.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Who said Ole doesn't deserve any blame? Let's learn to read before making stuff up.

Sacking him and starting again helps nobody.

Imagine if he finished 11th or 13th :lol:
It sounds like you’d be happy with that and you simply can’t wait.
“Imagine if he finishes 18th an we play aways to Bradford and Forest next season, wouldn’t that be something?”

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
But when you sack him, who do you appoint?
Fred the Red. That's not the point though. We have no say in who to appoint. It's whether or not the job he is doing right now (coaching, performances, results) deserves the sack. Simple as that. And it's a resounding yes.

Besides, you don't stick with a manager who is consistently showing relegation form, dire performances and non-existent coaching just because you have been burnt many times in the past so now you're scared of making the decision. That's not a very good way to assess things in general is it?

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Any transfer is risky. We need attacking quality ASAP. I would hope that a right winger can be bought in too, but I suspect that Sancho is our balls-out option in the summer and if hat is the case then it will be because they have been given some encouragement from the player

As for Pogba I'd honestly rather have £150m to reinvest. He isn't playing particularly well and is not the leader we need in the middle. McTominay is showing him up this season.
We won't get £150m for Pogba next summer with one year on his contract. Plus we already need two midfielders even if we keep him. Sancho is a total pipe-dream unless we get top four, which we probably won't.

Let's see, as I said, for Ole to get the chance you want him to, he really needs to improve on these results because it's shocking at the moment and if we continue at this pace we won't even get top 10, never mind top six. I'd love if he turned it around but at the same time I don't want a manager who isn't deserving of having the job (based on results) to stay should better options (Howe, Pochettino maybe) become available instead, so.. let's hope he proves he's a better manager than he's shown so far.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Fred the Red. That's not the point though. We have no say in who to appoint. It's whether or not the job he is doing right now (coaching, performances, results) deserves the sack. Simple as that. And it's a resounding yes.

Besides, you don't stick with a manager who is consistently showing relegation form, dire performances and non-existent coaching just because you have been burnt many times in the past so now you're scared of making the decision. That's not a very good way to assess things in general is it?
Well either is pulling the trigger unless there is a plan for after surely.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
At least I'm not claiming baseless opinions as facts and then replying "nah" when someone points it out. But carry on.
Baseless? It's almost as if you haven't watched these players.

Any manager in the world would struggle with this team and that is a fact.

Having Pep wouldn't miraculously turn Rashford in to a top striker or Lingard into anything other than the mannequin he is.

Lynty

I'd keep for now.

I'm starting to think that this isn't a job one manager can do. By which I mean that we're in such a bad way that even a manager doing the right things will be unable to get the short/medium term results required to keep himself in the job from this starting point.

As such, despite having no hope of Solskjaer succeeding here, I can imagine us being in a better situation squad-wise by the time he leaves. More signings like Maguire, AWB and James won't be enough to save his job (because ultimately I don't think he's a good enough manager) but they might provide a better platform for the next guy.

Unlike some of our previous managers, I don't think he's actively polluting the side in a way that will last beyond his reign.
My viewpoint from the start of the season.

Even if we finish 12th place. He'll leave the squad in a much better shape for a better manager to make a project of.

Keep until end of season, unless Relegation is a possibility

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Well either is pulling the trigger unless there is a plan for after surely.
He's easily the worst manager in the league so a better replacement shouldn't be that hard to find I imagine.

We're in danger of being sucked into a relegation battle with him in charge. The coaching is non-existent, the performances are dire and the results are absolutely rotten. It's not flippant in the slightest.

Last edited:

Ainu

Baseless? It's almost as if you haven't watched these players.

Any manager in the world would struggle with this team and that is a fact.

Having Pep wouldn't miraculously turn Rashford in to a top striker or Lingard into anything other than the mannequin he is.
There's a world of difference between turning players into world class performers or struggling in mid-table. And no, your second sentence is still not a fact. A past-it, destructive Mourinho continuing the pattern of his previous clubs and Solskjaer, who failed miserably at his one other Premier League job, are by no means evidence to turn your opinion into fact.

Ban

But that's jumping the gun though. That's not what the poll is for.

It's to assess whether you think the job he is doing right now (coaching, performances, results) deserves the sack? Simple as that.

Anything else is conjecture and distorting the outcome of the poll.

We aren't going to be informed of the club's future intentions regardless, so if that's why many people are voting keep instead, then it makes no sense to me.
It's not jumping the gun. It's making sure we don't make another fruitless appointment. Sacking the manager is the easiest thing in the world. Especially for post SAF United. Seems so some fans can't see past that.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Tough one, tbh. I’d probably sack him - if a few others changes could be made with it and IF a good managerial candidate is available. A few changes like either appointing a DoF and moving Ed away from the football operations or even move OGS into that position as DoF as he understands the club, the vision, he says the right things and his signings have been good, IMO.

Just tactically and coaching wise, I’m not seeing results if I’m honest.

Ban

If that's your logic we don't have a say in sack him or not. Anyway strange logic.

fergiesarmy1

40% :eek: Hasn't even been 1 year.
Sky just did a section with interviews outside old Trafford this morning, all were behind Ole so either they are biased in what they showed or it shows the internet is full of crackpots :lol:

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
What restructuring? We haven't hired a DOF and we replaced a seasoned goalkeeper coach with some guy who worked with Ole in his glory days at Cardiff. If you are referring to the fact that we allowed players like herrera and Lukaku go without bothering replacing them then that was more of dismantling the side rather then restructuring it.

The guy is out of depth. Everything from his tactics, his naive attitude regarding kids and his obsession to anything British is clear testament to that. I see ole more of yet another example of the problem rather then the problem itself. However he is certainly not the solution to it far from it.
Just off the top of my head Martyn Pert, Andrew Meredith, Michael Clegg, Ed Leng, Charlie Owen have all come to the club in the last six months suggesting the club know changes needed to be made, so just because the club aren't shouting it from the rooftops restructuring is going on and will no doubt carry on, and the scouting network has had a serious overhaul as well.

Castia

But when you sack him, who do you appoint?
That’s the problem. If there were 1-2 real candidates available I feel the vast majority of fans would call for a change, but there seems to be a lack of options.

If Poch walks out of Spurs and is available in January I’ll tell you now Woodward will go all out for the change.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Sky just did a section with interviews outside old Trafford this morning, all were behind Ole so either they are biased in what they showed or it shows the internet is full of crackpots :lol:
I can't speak for all united fans who aren't on the Internet, but everyone I know is still behind Ole.
From memory, people seemed most put off by Van Gaal, I remember people being desperate to get rid of him.

Ban

Tough one, tbh. I’d probably sack him - if a few others changes could be made with it and IF a good managerial candidate is available. A few changes like either appointing a DoF and moving Ed away from the football operations or even move OGS into that position as DoF as he understands the club, the vision, he says the right things and his signings have been good, IMO.

Just tactically and coaching wise, I’m not seeing results if I’m honest.
Thats the key. Changing a manager again but keeping the same structure won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.