Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
How come we tolerate poor Results & play & Spurs don’t?

Are they a bigger club than us now mentality wise?
Yes.

Sacking their manager makes them bigger than us.

This place, Christ.

dove

In no way can you call spurs ambitious in hiring a manager deemed not good enough at Utd especially when fans hete want the manager they sacked .
More than us for sure. Mourinho is still one of the biggest names in football, whether you like it or not. We are fine sticking with the manager who loses game after game after game, imagine if we had finished TOP 4 in the last few years with Ole and just reached CL final? He would have untouchable status here, even if we got relegated.

ManRed

Next 2-3 months the pressure will be on Ole as a quality manager is available (unless Poch gets snapped up by another club). A few bad results and majority will be calling for the sack.

Right now the timing is not the best for us. Results have improved and quality too.

croadyman

Sadly thats so true, Woodward will wheel out the 'rebuilding project line' for as long as possible and when he finally decides to act there won't be a viable replacement available and we will go for Allegri.
Yeah that is exactly what will happen,Poch can also see how badly our club is run from top to bottom too. Our board is even worse than the Spurs one when it comes to making football decisions.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
More than us for sure. Mourinho is still one of the biggest names in football, whether you like it or not. We are fine sticking with the manager who loses game after game after game, imagine if we had finished TOP 4 in the last few years with Ole and just reached CL final? He would have untouchable status here, even if we got relegated.
Mourinho also has one of the worst reputations in football management right now. Appointing him comes with great risk to the stability and long-term future of the club attached.

How can board sack Ole right now after the team has shown signs of improvement recently. What message would that send?

fps

No, he wasn't.

The reason I'm arguing about it so much is because it pisses me off that we have so called fans who want the club to sack Ole on the spot and immediately hire Pochettino. I've seen deplorable comments like wishing Mourinho embarrasses us at OT so he gets his revenge on us and we get Poch.

What kind of a fecking fanbase have we become? It's disgusting and beyond spoilt to have that kind of mentality.
I don’t want the club to sack Ole. Where did that come from? Just because Pochettino has a better cv doesn’t mean I want him coming in for Ole and another reset and for Ole not to get a chance to prove himself. I’m a romantic, I want this to work out and haven’t seen comprehensive proof it won’t l.

Josep Dowling

I remember when Liverpool sacked Rodgers and replaced him with Klopp. They weren't doing that badly at the time of the sacking but the club knew they had a small window to hire one of the best managers in the world.

We have that opportunity right now and we will miss our chance once again because Woodward is so inept. And half the CAF seem quite happy with our current situation under Ole, mental.

Enigma_87

You know who
Mourinho also has one of the worst reputations in football management right now. Appointing him comes with great risk to the stability and long-term future of the club attached.

How can board sack Ole right now after the team has shown signs of improvement recently. What message would that send?
Improvements in terms of beating Partizan and two relegation candidates. Surely we haven't sunk that low to consider this some kind of a great progress, have we?

fps

Yes, that we all know. But, these are all football people in a football universe, in a football world doing a global game, which are much wider than the premier league and the norwegian alone. Even if the world of football is not as good a standard in Norway vs premier league. There are still the same people in Norway so as in England, namely football people, with different attributes but still with a lot of similarities and in the end the game is still being played on a pitch, with the same rules. The premier league are more professional, have a broader audience, more money etc.

Even so. Ole is not some strange dude (for some he is, but then again who isn`t), random character from the west of Norway, he has United blood through and through (and we will never know how good Poch would have done with Cardiff at the time)

I see where you are going though, and if you see where i am going we can agree to disagree and move on. These are all yesterdays yawny debates. Have a nice day (i mean it) !
I think people assume I must want Ole gone if I point out these simple facts about Ole’s cv versus Pochettino’s, but I don’t, I want Ole to get a proper chance, at least until the end of next season. I don’t think a manager having a better cv automatically makes them a better fit and another reset at United right now would frankly see me give up on them ever getting it right.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Instead of telling other people what to do, maybe you need to get a clue yourself. Ole has not done nothing, he has won the league in Norway, and Poch has failed in Spain and now again. So, he has now officialy failed more than Ole. His 'achievements' are nothing worth boasting about as well, as according to him the signings and scouting is done by other people, and not him. And taking a club like Spurs from a top 6 club to a top 4 club is not some amazing achievement.
Can you honestly say Ole is a better manager than Poch given that the 2 have been in management more or less the same amount of time?

Josep Dowling

It doesn't make sense that Poch is seen as such a sure thing on here and that hiring him is something we 'have to do'. He's won nothing in 5 years with a better squad than we've had in that time. It would just be blind faith that he could repeat his one 'successful' spell with a completely different set of players and circumstances.

They've now hired our failed manager to clear up his mess. It will be interesting to see how he compares results wise.
He won nothing with a team not expected to win anything and with no money to spend. He made that team better than us, how can some of you not see that? He put Kane in over Soldado even though Kane had no prior goal scoring record. He changed their style of football, he made Tottenham Hotspurs as we know them now.

Poch entirely focused on the League and Champions League. He never took the FA cup and League Cup seriously. To suggest we have been that much more successful when as a club we have probably spent £250m+ more than Poch's Spurs and won a grand total of an FA cup, League Cup and Europa League in that time. Check our runs in all those cup wins. Apart from Manchester City in the League Cup (when they played a weakened team) we didn't face any top teams to win those trophies.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Why do people insist on calling it a romantic project? Is it romance every time a club appoint a former player as manager?

If at the end of the season Ole's performance is deemed to be insufficient and Poch is still available, then he would be a great choice as a replacement. At the moment I don't believe that to be the case.
Of course it's romanticism to hire an ex player with no experience at the top level and no prior evidence to suggest they can deliver. That doesn't mean it can't work out though, Pep did at Barca and so is Lampard at the moment. I'm not sure how you could possibly argue that it isn't?

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Of course it's romanticism to hire an ex player with no experience at the top level and no prior evidence to suggest they can deliver. That doesn't mean it can't work out though, Pep did at Barca and so is Lampard at the moment. I'm not sure how you could possibly argue that it isn't?
I'm arguing that it isn't because he was brought in as an interim appointment and then appointed full time because of what he achieved here. The interim appointment - romantic if you will, but the permanent appointment was based on merit.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
He won nothing with a team not expected to win anything and with no money to spend. He made that team better than us, how can some of you not see that? He put Kane in over Soldado even though Kane had no prior goal scoring record. He changed their style of football, he made Tottenham Hotspurs as we know them now.

Poch entirely focused on the League and Champions League. He never took the FA cup and League Cup seriously. To suggest we have been that much more successful when as a club we have probably spent £250m+ more than Poch's Spurs and won a grand total of an FA cup, League Cup and Europa League in that time. Check our runs in all those cup wins. Apart from Manchester City in the League Cup (when they played a weakened team) we didn't face any top teams to win those trophies.
Kane was starting games and scoring goals under Sherwood at the end of 13/14. It wasn't until he started playing Kane again 9 games into the 14/15 season that his fortunes changed.

dove

We are not sacking him now of course after we won a few games, he should have been sacked earlier, or ideally not given permanent job. We fecked it up as always.

Red Devil's Advocate

I don’t want the club to sack Ole. Where did that come from? Just because Pochettino has a better cv doesn’t mean I want him coming in for Ole and another reset and for Ole not to get a chance to prove himself. I’m a romantic, I want this to work out and haven’t seen comprehensive proof it won’t l.
Hey babe, I see that your eccentric but hot friend is single now, so ffff you.

Rafaeldagold

We are not sacking him now of course after we won a few games, he should have been sacked earlier, or ideally not given permanent job. We fecked it up as always.
Yep we messed up yet again like we always do. Our timing & decisions have been awful last decade or so

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Instead of telling other people what to do, maybe you need to get a clue yourself. Ole has not done nothing, he has won the league in Norway, and Poch has failed in Spain and now again. So, he has now officialy failed more than Ole. His 'achievements' are nothing worth boasting about as well, as according to him the signings and scouting is done by other people, and not him. And taking a club like Spurs from a top 6 club to a top 4 club is not some amazing achievement.
Oh for Christs sake, this is just silly. If we did sack Ole now and hire Poch which club would hire Ole? Be honest. Poch will end at club that would never even consider Ole as a manager and you know it.

Alabaster Codify7

This would be sensible. Poch right now is a bad move, and I am Ole Out if anything. He's going to be raw from his sacking, he needs a few months recharging away from the game - chucking him into an under-performing United setup right now would not be a wise move.

It could go tits up very quickly.

Personally, I would allow Ole a few months more and if we're still hanging around 10th in the table with no consistent uplift in what we're seeing, I would offer the job to Pochettino if he's still available.

But he's not the only option out there and shouldn't be treated as such.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
A better manager is available.

A good CEO knows when to change his team, whether that's the First Team manager, his commercial director or his PR Advisor.

Just because we've had a few recent wins doesn't prove Ole is the best man going forward. Pochettino might not be either - but he has consistently had Spurs qualify for the CL, they've been in the CL final, he's developed promising youngsters into top level players, he's brought the best out of players like Eriksen, Son, Davies and Alderweireld who were not exactly bank breakers.

I would be delighted if it happened, but it's not going to happen because Ed has proven time and time again that timing of his decisions is poor (LVG sacking, Ole contract, signing off moves for Fellaini and Mata etc. Ole still has my support, and will continue to do so whilst he's in charge.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Improvements in terms of beating Partizan and two relegation candidates. Surely we haven't sunk that low to consider this some kind of a great progress, have we?
Nothing groundbreaking, admittedly, but there have been enough improvements shown to warrant optimism.

Since the Liverpool game:

a) we've won three games away from the comfort of Old Trafford - an obvious improvement here. Results have improved across the board, in fact.

b) the team is looking a great deal fitter, enough that we are ending games on the front foot now rather than with our backs to the wall defending a lead. Leading me to believe (or hope) that the squad are beginning to adjust to Ole and the coaching staffs' rigorous training sessions.

c) Fred, Mctominay, Tuanzebe, Williams, Rashford, Greenwood, Martial have all, to varying degrees, shown improvements in their game recently.

d) partnerships are popping up in various areas of the pitch; Fred + Mctom, Rashford + Martial + James, Maguire + both center backs, among others. Martial links with everyone around him, such is his awareness.

e) the squad seem happy and retain their faith in Ole's project.

Probably more but that's all I can think up off the top of my head.

I'm not naive enough to believe 100% we have turned the corner permanently - disappointments under Moyes, LVG, and Jose have me guarded against that - but I feel there is something positive developing at the club right now. Ole deserves to see the season out like each of his predecessors.

Poch will always be an option should the situation turn sour.

JustAGuest

This would be sensible. Poch right now is a bad move, and I am Ole Out if anything. He's going to be raw from his sacking, he needs a few months recharging away from the game - chucking him into an under-performing United setup right now would not be a wise move.

Personally, I would allow Ole a few months more and if we're still hanging around 10th in the table with no consistent uplift in what we're seeing, I would offer the job to Pochettino if he's still available.

Sensible comment.

steve.crowford

I will be so gutted if Ole is sacked to bring in Poch now.
Manager performance is 80% transfer-related. Of course Poch has done badly since he has had so little transfer money to spend. Same with Ole, of course he struggles if you look at the lack of midfielders brought in this summer. Despite that last one or two transfers this summer, I see very promising signs with team morale and discipline, a strong defense, plenty of contracts being sorted and some very good attacking performances of late. All that is really lacking is more creativity in midfield to break down low blocking teams,especially now that Pogba is injured. Bringing in Poch will not improve that.

lysglimt

Scout
I remember when Liverpool sacked Rodgers and replaced him with Klopp. They weren't doing that badly at the time of the sacking but the club knew they had a small window to hire one of the best managers in the world.

We have that opportunity right now and we will miss our chance once again because Woodward is so inept. And half the CAF seem quite happy with our current situation under Ole, mental.
You are joking right ?

Liverpool under Brendan Rodgers Went from title candidates in 2014 to 12 defeats in 14/15 - including 0-3 against United, 1-4 against Liverpool and the icing on the cake - 1-6 against Stoke.
They ended 6th with 62 Points after

And when they started the next season with 1-3 againts United, and 0-3 at home against West Ham

They weren't doing that badly at the time ???

lysglimt

Scout

Chucking him into an United-side might be a bad move - didn't we learn anything from Mourinho ?

lsd

The Oracle
We need to get Poch tide up for the summer because it's the sensible thing to do.

Nothing against Ole but I don't now how anyone can argue for him at this point.

We will regret it if we let Poch go to someone else and are stuck coming sub 4th.

We can't argue for a manager who has won 5 of his last 6 ?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Poch is obviously a better manager than Ole but I fundamentally don't see us having the appetite to sack Solskjaer, so I don't see change happening any time soon.

laughtersassassin

We can't argue for a manager who has won 5 of his last 6 ?
Love Ole and im not Ole out per se just more Poch in, but no, look at those six games with some context along with the rest of his short reign and i really don't think you can. Keep Ole till summer and have Poch sign a pre agreement and have months to plan.

Winning 5 out of 6 is a hell of a spin on our position. I could also tell you Newcastle have got pretty much the same amount of wins in their last 20 PL games as us under Ole give or take one or two.

Karlos PFC

Exactly.

Ed and Co. will do the same shit all over again

Rish Sawhney

Prejudged? I've watched every game since Ole took over. It's obvious to everyone in the footballing world except the pro-Ole section of United fans. Caring about the club means nothing if you don't produce the results. Your second point is a tiresome contradiction. If you don't want people saying to you that we're not getting another SAF then don't invoke SAF's time at the club. What happened with him was both a long time ago and unique to him and only him. His example is a once in a lifetime example. Every other successful club in the world changes managers who are out of their depth or not producing results and then replace them with someone who can.
Again making blanket statements that just can't be proven true or false in any way. This is pointless. I've also watched every game since Ole took over and I've enjoyed watching it more than I ever enjoyed watching United under LvG or Jose (even in the season we finished 2nd). And I'll enjoy watching it a lot less if we became like Spurs under Poch.

John Blund

Our players seem to like Ole. I'm sure they'll be over the moon if we sack him now, as they've finally found some form. It's not just the wins against relegation candidates, we've also improved our play much the latest games.

Still too depended off our wings, as we don't create anything through the middle, but that will improve once Pogba is back. Hopefully.

Rish Sawhney

Our finish this season will have absolutely no impact on Ole being fired. The board know that the squad they gave him is very thin and young and I reckon they all expected it to be a tough season going in. And our problems lie in other places. We could hire Pep, Klopp, Jose, Poch - none of them will take us to the top again.

Status
Not open for further replies.