Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
What is the long term thinking when results again begin to sour under Ole and no top manager is available then?
What happens if Poch isn't the roaring success at United that you seem totally convinced he will be? (See its easy to think negatively if you want to)

vidic blood & sand

What

What garbage , have you been brainwashed by the glazers
Wake up, ole is nowhere near good enough
It's not just a matter of being good enough at United. Mourinho was proven to be good enough, but it just didn't work.
SAF was proven to be good enough, but it didn't work for him for four years. Ole inherited a team in monumental decline and had to clear out good players who were a wrong fit for the club.
He was unable to strengthen every area that needed strengthening, and has had to rely on inexperienced players. He's been under pressure with the expectancy that comes with managing the biggest club in the world, and had to bounce back from some dreadful performances. The squad is not a top 4 squad whoever the manager would be.

Ole has done ok with the team he's got, but there are too many impatient fans here desperate for success who are critical of Ole simply because he's unproven. Too impatient!

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
By not being happy having a terrible season, even though they just played a CL final a few months ago. Meanwhile we are completely fine giving inept manager untouchable status as long as we don't get relegated.
It seems very much as though this sacking is more than just about results. Pochettino looks like he has wanted out for some time, as do a few of the key players.

Ole isn't untouchable - far from it - its just that some on here and many, many matchgoing fans seem to think that we aren't at the point where we need to fire our manager.

mu4c_20le

By not being happy having a terrible season, even though they just played a CL final a few months ago. Meanwhile we are completely fine giving inept manager untouchable status as long as we don't get relegated.
They didn't have much of a choice since he clearly lost the dressing room, and barely trains with his players anymore. Ole has not, so there's the big difference.

Enigma_87

You know who
What happens if Poch isn't the roaring success at United that you seem totally convinced he will be? (See its easy to think negatively if you want to)
There's a bigger chance of Poch succeeding here compared to Ole, considering both managerial abilities and their careers so far.

If we are to work with probabilities Poch is the safer option to take the club forward.

Every smart businessman or even a man would go for the option that gives him more probability for success. At least this is how the world is at the moment.

You seem to be on the romantic end and wishful thinking, tough.

There is a big chance Ole won't make it. And then, seemingly you are ok with passing on a very viable option for us available now, what would you suggest ?

Let's say Ole goes on another bad run and Poch is taken, Allegri goes to Arsenal or whatever,Nagelsmann and Rose are happy and just starting their work in Germany, what do you suggest? Keep Ole for 5 years?

mu4c_20le

If we are to work with probabilities Poch is the safer option to take the club forward.

Every smart businessman or even a man would go for the option that gives him more probability for success. At least this is how the world is at the moment.
Even after his previous spell ended in disaster, and a termination? What kind of businessman only looks at the positives?

Enigma_87

You know who
Even after his previous spell ended in disaster, and a termination? What kind of businessman only looks at the positives?
Poch played CL final not so long ago, hardly a disaster. Spurs are 2 points worse than us currently and 3 goals less in terms of GD - all of that can reverse just after a single game.

R'hllor

This thread will be a ultra shit show now. In one ditch you will have awaken followers and cultist of JM, who will be gunning for Ole while being in hypocrite mode, in opposite ditch you will have similar type in different package defending Ole corner with some mental logic. God help those caught in between.

el3mel

Ole deserves AT LEAST 5 years, we simply cannot judge him before he buys his own 25 players. Every win (rare but happens sometimes) is a credit to Ole, every lose is because of shit players.
And after this if we don't succeed they will say the board signed those 25 players not Ole.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
There's a bigger chance of Poch succeeding here compared to Ole, considering both managerial abilities and their careers so far.

You seem to be on the romantic end and wishful thinking, tough.

There is a big chance Ole won't make it. And then, seemingly you are ok with passing on a very viable option for us available now, what would you suggest ?

Let's say Ole goes on another bad run and Poch is taken, Allegri goes to Arsenal or whatever,Nagelsmann and Rose are happy and just starting their work in Germany, what do you suggest? Keep Ole for 5 years?
I find it a little annoying that anybody who doesn't want Ole sacked is thought to be feeling that way because he used to play for us. To be clear, that plays precisely zero part in my thought process.

If it doesn't work out with Ole there will be always be a talented manager available to a club of our size. You call it wishful thinking. I call it long-term thinking with a clear plan. Each to their own.

laughtersassassin

We need to get Poch tide up for the summer because it's the sensible thing to do.

Nothing against Ole but I don't now how anyone can argue for him at this point.

We will regret it if we let Poch go to someone else and are stuck coming sub 4th.

Caliban

It’s not about how much you enjoy the Norwegian league, it’s about the standard of the people competing in it compared with the much higher standard of people competing in the premier league.
Yes, that we all know. But, these are all football people in a football universe, in a football world doing a global game, which are much wider than the premier league and the norwegian alone. Even if the world of football is not as good a standard in Norway vs premier league. There are still the same people in Norway so as in England, namely football people, with different attributes but still with a lot of similarities and in the end the game is still being played on a pitch, with the same rules. The premier league are more professional, have a broader audience, more money etc.

Even so. Ole is not some strange dude (for some he is, but then again who isn`t), random character from the west of Norway, he has United blood through and through (and we will never know how good Poch would have done with Cardiff at the time)

I see where you are going though, and if you see where i am going we can agree to disagree and move on. These are all yesterdays yawny debates. Have a nice day (i mean it) !

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: nimic

el3mel

Eh? He left Dortmund with his head held high, on his own terms, the team even went on a good run after he announced he was leaving at the end of the season.
He was fighting relegation for the first half of the season, and they barely improved enough to finish 7th and lost the cup final even though they won the title in 2 seasons previously. Poch could have as well finished the season with Spurs and finished in the same spot if they don't sack him, why do you know? Just because BvB gave Klopp more time it doesn't mean anything. Are you basing it entirely on the idea of being sacked or not?

Liverpool hired Klopp coming on the back of his worst season. Means feck all because he was a young manager and was quality that just had a terrible season for various reasons.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
We will miss out, because we have a project and a manager and not even close to sufficient reason to rip that up at the moment.
You can't truly believe that there aren't enough sufficient reasons to sack Ole for Pochettino, can you?

Mind you I don't see the point in doing so now unless our hand is forced by another club going for him. Better to wait til the season is over, but we would be idiots to let Poch slip away for the sake of some failed romantic "project" with Ole. A bit like we were idiots to let Klopp slip away and keep LvG.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It doesn't make sense that Poch is seen as such a sure thing on here and that hiring him is something we 'have to do'. He's won nothing in 5 years with a better squad than we've had in that time. It would just be blind faith that he could repeat his one 'successful' spell with a completely different set of players and circumstances.

They've now hired our failed manager to clear up his mess. It will be interesting to see how he compares results wise.

mu4c_20le

He was fighting relegation for the first half of the season, and they barely improved enough to finish 7th and lost the cup final even though they won the title in 2 seasons previously. Poch could have as well finished the season with Spurs and finished in the same spot if they don't sack him, why do you know? Just because BvB gave Klopp more time it doesn't mean anything. Are you basing it entirely on the idea of being sacked or not?

Liverpool hired Klopp coming on the back of his worst season. Means feck all because he was a young manager and was quality that just had a terrible season for various reasons.
It's not just about giving him more time, when klopp decided to leave it was because he felt he got them as far as he could. It was a natural progression. Poch has not looked right all year and the cl final probably did him in. He has been looking dour all season and been throwing his players under the bus every time they get a bad result. Tobys interview on ssn was so cold. Klopp's stock was much higher when he ledt back then, and he was famous for his philosophy. Poch is known for being a motivator, yet he s been looking depressed for awhile. Haven't we learned our lesson with Jose, and going after managers right after a bad breakup? We cannot just expect him to come here and be like 2015 2016 poch.

Denis' cuff

It doesn't make sense that Poch is seen as such a sure thing on here and that hiring him is something we 'have to do'. He's won nothing in 5 years with a better squad than we've had in that time. It would just be blind faith that he could repeat his one 'successful' spell with a completely different set of players and circumstances.

They've now hired our failed manager to clear up his mess. It will be interesting to see how he compares results wise.

Yep. I’ve no doubt The spent force that is Jose will bring the trophies to WHL that miracle worker Poch failed to do.

el3mel

It's not just about giving him more time, when klopp decided to leave it was because he felt he got them as far as he could. It was a natural progression. Poch has not looked right all year and the cl final probably did him in. He has been looking dour all season and been throwing his players under the bus every time they get a bad result. Tobys interview on ssn was so cold. Klopp's stock was much higher when he ledt back then, and he was famous for his philosophy. Poch is known for being a motivator, yet he s been looking depressed for awhile. Haven't we learned our lesson with Jose, and going after managers right after a bad breakup? We cannot just expect him to come here and be like 2015 2016 poch.
The first half of Klopp's last season there was as bad this half of Poch's. They were at one point in the last position in the league. Any other club would have sacked him then before he takes the decision to leave. They were close to relegation, you know?

It's really weird to throw everything Poch has done under the bus because of a terrible half of the season. He's 47 ffs. He's still a young manager and can very well be still on the same progression route as Klopp at this time. The only mistake he did wasn't quiting Spurs in summer after CL final. A terrible season is hardly going to change that. He was managing in CL final 6 months ago.

Bestietom

Poch likes to have a free role with all team matters including players he wants in and out. Don't think it would work wit Woody. We would be in the same boat as Mourinho again. Better allow Ole to continue the rebuilding.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
You can't truly believe that there aren't enough sufficient reasons to sack Ole for Pochettino, can you?

Mind you I don't see the point in doing so now unless our hand is forced by another club going for him. Better to wait til the season is over, but we would be idiots to let Poch slip away for the sake of some failed romantic "project" with Ole. A bit like we were idiots to let Klopp slip away and keep LvG.
Why do people insist on calling it a romantic project? Is it romance every time a club appoint a former player as manager?

If at the end of the season Ole's performance is deemed to be insufficient and Poch is still available, then he would be a great choice as a replacement. At the moment I don't believe that to be the case.

DoomSlayer

This is a terrible argument. Titles in Norway mean nothing compared with Pochettino’s work with Spurs.
It's a terrible argument yet you have no way to rebuke it because it's absolute facts. Pochettino hasn't won anything in his long managerial career. He has yet to prove his worth and be labelled as the supposed world class manager.

What I specifically don't like about him is the fact he sometimes acts like a mini-Mourinho and I have absolutely no time for that BS.

Zoo

Ole will get more time. There is harmony with the players and finally a bit of optimism and momentum. We're not going to bin him straightaway, let's be realistic. Besides Poch looks like he needs a break and if he really wants us he'd wait and see what happens for a while at least.

el3mel

It's a terrible argument yet you have no way to rebuke it because it's absolute facts. Pochettino hasn't won anything in his long managerial career. He has yet to prove his worth and be labelled as the supposed world class manager.

What I specifically don't like about him is the fact he sometimes acts like a mini-Mourinho and I have absolutely no time for that BS.
So was Ole on your top 5 list managers to manage United long term based on his "success" at Norway back in summer 2018 when Mourinho was having his meltdown?

lsd

The Oracle

In no way can you call spurs ambitious in hiring a manager deemed not good enough at Utd especially when fans hete want the manager they sacked .

Rafaeldagold

How come we tolerate poor Results & play & Spurs don’t?

Are they a bigger club than us now mentality wise?

Rafaeldagold

In no way can you call spurs ambitious in hiring a manager deemed not good enough at Utd especially when fans hete want the manager they sacked .
Jose was definitely good enough for us. He’s a world class manager. It just didn’t work out for him here- he’ll do great & win things are Spurs while we meander in mid table with Ole

DoomSlayer

So was Ole on your top 5 list managers to manage United long term based on his "success" at Norway back in summer 2018 when Mourinho was having his meltdown?
No, he wasn't.

The reason I'm arguing about it so much is because it pisses me off that we have so called fans who want the club to sack Ole on the spot and immediately hire Pochettino. I've seen deplorable comments like wishing Mourinho embarrasses us at OT so he gets his revenge on us and we get Poch.

What kind of a fecking fanbase have we become? It's disgusting and beyond spoilt to have that kind of mentality.

SteveW

His best achievement is winning the league numerous times with a team who never won it in their near 100 year history, he left them in good enough shape that they have already won their league this year with games to spare. He took them to Europe and beat former European and UEFA cup winners such as Cetlic and Sevilla, and beat former league champions such as Stuggart and Fenerbahce.
Correct

el3mel

No, he wasn't.

The reason I'm arguing about it so much is because it pisses me off that we have so called fans who want the club to sack Ole on the spot and immediately hire Pochettino. I've seen deplorable comments like wishing Mourinho embarrasses us at OT so he gets his revenge on us and we get Poch.

What kind of a fecking fanbase have we become? It's disgusting and beyond spoilt to have that kind of mentality.
Glad you are honest with yourself. Rest of the post, hardly related to your post that I was replaying on.

DoomSlayer

Glad you are honest with yourself. Rest of the post, hardly related to your post that I was replaying on.
I know you won't care because you used to be one of the Mourinho cultists and probably still are. You guys have no remorse and dignity, it's pathetic.

I hope we trash Spurs and all of you are back in you holes.

Enigma_87

You know who
His best achievement is winning the league numerous times with a team who never won it in their near 100 year history, he left them in good enough shape that they have already won their league this year with games to spare. He took them to Europe and beat former European and UEFA cup winners such as Cetlic and Sevilla, and beat former league champions such as Stuggart and Fenerbahce.
So we should consider Ronny Deila then? He won the title for the first time in Strømsgodset history and left them in a good shape. Won titles in Scotland too..

el3mel

I know you won't care because you used to be one of the Mourinho cultists and probably still are. You guys have no remorse and dignity, it's pathetic.

I hope we trash Spurs and all of you are back in you holes.
Is this supposed to be an insult? Very poor attempt if so. That's what you get from Ole in crowd anyway. Spreading insults left, right and center at everyone who doesn't trust Ole, and thinking themselves as the real fans of the club whom all people should learn from them. It will be funny what they will do once Ole inevitably leaves.

DoomSlayer

Is this supposed to be an insult? Very poor attempt if so. That's what you get from Ole in crowd anyway. Spreading insults left, right and center at everyone who doesn't trust Ole, and thinking themselves as the real fans of the club whom all people should learn from them. It will be funny what they will do once Ole inevitably leaves.
You and that footygirl are one of the biggest flip-flops on the Caf. It's incredible to see how gullible and reactionary some people can be.

Status
Not open for further replies.