Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pennywise

Dreadful last week. Dreadful this week. Dreadful in all of these games away from home. The responsibility is Ole's. He has no plan whatsoever to win these games. He has to go but he wont sadly

AaronRedDevil

Stats need to be banned for united matches. Seriously if it ever pops up again. Put your entire life savings into the bet. Watford hasn't won a home game this season till now. A of player hasnt scoreed in 10 years. Till now. This team hasnt score a single goal in the second half, but you bet your ass united will correct that :lol:. Every single time it happens.

BlueHaze

I just took a look at the table and with 18 played we are on the same points as Newcastle which we play on Wednesday which will likely be further dropped points. We just got beat 2-0 against a team that even with the 3 points they gained are still 6 points away from getting above the relegation zone. Disaster is a the key word here, shocking.

ash_86

Not kneejerking yet. Lingard was a bad selection that goes against ole. Pogba seems to be back and looks good. We have 2 more games against low block teams and if performance don't improve then I'll change vote.

OrcaFat

Every time we lose I think about changing my vote but sacking him is not the answer. Time is the answer. After a long time terrible time, with much despair into the bargain, he’ll turn it around.

Defence has been shaky for a while but the whole team was a shambles today.

On the plus side, Pogba at “10” with McT and Fred behind looks like a decent prospect.

jasT1981

Change of manager won't do much I think... We've been down that road with Moyes, LVG and Jose. There is something deeper that is wrong at Utd these days. Right from the top all the way down. A complete change of club structure is needed.

Recruitment, coaching, transfers, Director of Football, Woodward.. All those need changed ASAP.. Look how Pep and Klopp have changed City and Liverpool's structures, I hate to say it but they are years ahead of us right now. Utd is run as a business not as a football team.

manunited1919

Going back to sack. Unfortunately he is clueless in how to setup the team against bottom half premier league teams. It seems they have the template on how to frustrate United, and Ole has shown again and again an inability to see the problems and do something about them.
  • Lingard keeps getting starts.
  • Greenwood put into the game too late.
  • Rashford allowed to shoot from any angle and distance at every opportunity.
  • No creation in midfield.
  • Over-reliance on speed. Good tactics for when there is space, but don’t work at all against a well organised and packed defence.

Roboc7

That´s not the plan. That´s not what counter-attacking football means. It means that when you win the ball - wherever on the field - you seek passes up field as quick as possible, and with higher risk of loosing the ball. An alternative strategy is to prioritise possession and play it more safe. Counterattacking football is not synonym with parking the bus, it´s about how you act when you win the ball.
No evidence that is what the plan is, it’s mid table tactics, sit back and hit on the break. That’s plan A but it doesn’t work against most of the teams in the league.

Everton, Watford, Newcastle and Burnley, Ole’s par is 4 points and he’s well on course for that.

Hectordegraft

Do you think changing a manager would make Lingard and Perreira world beaters? We have so many average players, it's not even funny! We're in need of midfielders but people are salivating over Haaland?

jem

We have lost to Watford, West Ham, Bournemouth, and Crystal Palace - all teams in the bottom half of the table (as well as Newcastle who are one result away from being in the bottom half.) We have drawn Aston Villa, Southampton, Everton and Arsenal - also teams in the bottom half. That kind of form would get you sacked as the Watford manager, so why is the manager of one of the biggest clubs immune to the sack when putting up such results?

Tony247

Two things from me
1. Ole is definitely not a managerial solution. He needs to go in summer. No point bringing a new manager at this point.
2. Looking at players and how pogba single handedly raised the game, I firmly believe we are 2 creative midfielders away from being a top 3 team.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Still sack. Voted after the Rochdale match, not seen anything to make me change my mind yet.

Edit: Or maybe I've got a brain like a sieve? :lol: Thread wasn't even started then, but I remember thinking he should go after that. Probably actually voted after Newcastle. Point is it's been a decent while now and nothing's changed.

Last edited:

Judas

Open to offers
Every time we lose I think about changing my vote but sacking him is not the answer. Time is the answer. After a long time terrible time, with much despair into the bargain, he’ll turn it around.

On the plus side, Pogba at “10” with McT and Fred behind looks like a decent prospect.
Based on nothing but wish and delusion.

Blokes not at the required level, never has been. The squad is a mess too. Not a good combination.

jem

If you're still behind Ole being manager then you can't complain when we get to May and have succeeded in being played off the park by every single fecking team in the league from 8th downwards.

Sign Haaland. Sack Ole.
The funny thing is I could actually imagine Woodward justifying not sacking Ole due to his being close to Haaland.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Perhaps, looking at things objectively and wait until the January window instead of moaning at every possible negative
We've just been beaten by the bottom team in the PL, arguably one of the PL's shittest ever sides who hadn't won a game at home all season and hadn't even lead a game at home all season, and they were comfortably the better side, and you're trying to tell posters to stop "moaning". Just think about that.

it's like someone screaming because they just got their legs chopped off and you saying "oh come on now, you've still got your arms, stop whining will you!"

Yakuza_devils

Hope Watford will defence deep today. I really want to see if we found answer to play against those team with Pogba as no. 10. (Hope he starts)

If we can unlock team with some creativity from no 10. then Ole deserve more time to bring in more creative players to continue the major rebuild.

We can't just be one dimensional and only good at counter attacking football. In EPL, we usually face team that sit deep.
Watford didn't even defend deep. They played better than us and keep attacking us.

Pogba is our best player by far but he can't do it alone.

I have seen enough and no doubt that Ole should go.

Why every club is so decisive to change manager except us when it's clear as day that Ole is the wrong manager.

Dr. StrangeHate

Do you think changing a manager would make Lingard and Perreira world beaters? We have so many average players, it's not even funny! We're in need of midfielders but people are salivating over Haaland?
Not world beaters just Watford beaters which is enough for now.

JakeTheRed

What do you do if you're Woodward?

1. Sack Ole now, bring in a new manager mid-season (could we get Poch right now?). This could either give us a huge boost or could add more instability to this already unstable team.

2. See the season out with Ole, regardless of results, sacking him in the summer and replacing him then? This could de-motivate our team completely if it gets even worse and the fan-base would go berserk. On the contrary, it allows the new manager a fresh start and a summer to build his own team.

3. Keep Ole for the foreseeable. Ha.

Nick7

It doesn’t take world beaters to win against Watford ffs. They’re dead last in the league and fecking awful. They were comfortable the better team today.

Un4givableB

Having world beaters as players won't make OGS more than he is, which is average.

Untd55

I do not see where we have improved under Solskjaer.

Our record against teams outside the top six:

2 Wins, 4 Draws, and 5 Losses. We are shockingly bad against teams that do not give us acres of space behind the defence. This is untenable; there is going to be a point where we stop getting the results against those top teams. We will really have issues then.

Our Defence has not improved much and is getting steadily worse by the game. We are the fourth-worst team in terms of clean sheets, having conceded in every single Premier League game since the start of September.

We have spent £130m on defence to save us six goals on the prior season.

In terms of goalscoring, we are worse than last season. For such a supposedly attack-minded manager, we have scored fewer goals than we did under Mourinho at this same point last season. We have scored 8 fewer goals this season compared to last season.

I cannot say that I am surprised by the last two results; I said it would be a major test and he has failed thus far with more games against the lower teams to come.

UDontMessWith24

Needs more time. Just wait til that 2026 transfer window. Everyone knows in professional sports it's up to the players to motivate themselves. He'll turn it around. :)

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Do you think that a half decent manager would keep the likes of Jones, JLingz and Periera? Would he give a feck about players 'understanding the club' or would he just go for talent and professionalism?

edgecutter

Christ, if the team at least showed some plan today I could be more forgiving, but we offered nothing until we went 2 goals down against the worst team in the league! If we continue with Ole don't be surprised if we drop more points against Newcastle. Top 4 is there for the taking and we need someone who has a clue to get us challenging that group.

OrcaFat

Based on nothing but wish and delusion.

Blokes not at the required level, never has been. The squad is a mess too. Not a good combination.
You may be right. But anyone who thinks bringing in Poch (or anyone) will solve our problems is just as deluded.

starman

We've just been beaten by the bottom team in the PL, arguably one of the PL's shittest ever sides who hadn't won a game at home all season and hadn't even lead a game at home all season, and they were comfortably the better side, and you're trying to tell posters to stop "moaning". Just think about that.

it's like someone screaming because they just got their legs chopped off and you saying "oh come on now, you've still got your arms, stop whining will you!"
They and you can moan like you want doesnt mean I need to hold your or their opinion highly

Status
Not open for further replies.