Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Irwin99

That was probably the most professional performance in an away game (not against the top 6) that I can remember in Ole's reign. No horrendous misses, no errors in defence, composed dominant midfield, strikers playing well, probably no one below a 7 and a clean sheet. I know we beat teams like Norwich away but this was a different kind of performance. Need more of them if we want to get 4th.

lysglimt

Scout
[/QUOTE]
Would not do it right now, but we should look for a better manager next season even if we manage to grind our way to top 4. Our squad has the potential to do much better and I want a manager to get the best out of the squad.
Although if we actually have a great spring and say win the league cup or Europa league with a commanding top 4 finnish then we should probably keep him.
A better manager than the one who made a bunch of players called useless 12 months ago, look like a proper team ?

Mr. Meeseeks

I have been very disappointed by his coaching and lack of improvement in general in our play.

And while Burnley were poor today and we weren't great in general either, I thought it is great credit to him how Fred has been performing, how Matic and Williams played coming in after a while.
How can you say that you are disappointed in his coaching and yet acknowledge the positive impact that he has added to Fred's game? When you think about it, Ole has also improved the overall quality of Rashford, Martial, Pereira (in his last 2 games), Greenwood, Wan-Bissaka, Dan James and Williams. Even Pogba is showing signs that he is getting back to his best.

What more 'coaching' could you possibly want? He has improved almost all of our players.

meamth

Seriously what does the Caf really know about coaching?

A well oiled machine who can play tiki taka?
A well drilled side that can play beautifully?
A robotic team who knows when to do a triangle?
A player like Pogba suddenly functional like prime Busquets?

Seriously, what do they know about coaching that Ole/Carrick/Phelan/Mckenna hasn't have a clue?

You really think they go to Carrington and do feck all to improve?

OrcaFat

Seriously, what do they know about coaching that Ole/Carrick/Phelan/Mckenna hasn't have a clue?

Interesting question. I suppose if there is some improvement in players and team over a long period it may imply there has been some effective coaching.

If there is general decline perhaps you could suspect some deficiencies in the coaching.

As for specifics of player performance and tactics, I don’t believe you can judge the coaching by watching individual matches. At all.

Therefore, I really don’t know if Ole’s a good coach or not. I believe he is an excellent manager in the making and I’m far happier now than at any time since SAF.

mav_9me

How can you say that you are disappointed in his coaching and yet acknowledge the positive impact that he has added to Fred's game? When you think about it, Ole has also improved the overall quality of Rashford, Martial, Pereira (in his last 2 games), Greenwood, Wan-Bissaka, Dan James and Williams. Even Pogba is showing signs that he is getting back to his best.

What more 'coaching' could you possibly want? He has improved almost all of our players.
What are you talking? Martial is doing what he has always done. AWB likewise. Pogba has played one half where he did nothing, cuz he didn't need to do anything, and the other was just 30 mins.

Fred's improvement is a credit to Ole's management, not coaching. There is nothing new to Fred's game that can be attributed to Ole's coaching.

When I talk about Ole's coaching, I'm looking for patterns on the ball, better ideas with the ball. What do you think it is that we do with the ball? What's our style?

Paul_Scholes18

What are you talking? Martial is doing what he has always done. AWB likewise. Pogba has played one half where he did nothing, cuz he didn't need to do anything, and the other was just 30 mins.

Fred's improvement is a credit to Ole's management, not coaching. There is nothing new to Fred's game that can be attributed to Ole's coaching.

When I talk about Ole's coaching, I'm looking for patterns on the ball, better ideas with the ball. What do you think it is that we do with the ball? What's our style?
Agree here. His man management appear to at least work with most of our squad, but the lack of attacking patterns is a concern.

Eriku

One move we frequently do is have wingers or backs go on a run while strikers or AMs come closer to get the ball in the centre of the park, which is often a good outlet for us to switch from a defensive to an attacking posture. Worked really well yesterday.

bonothom

A couple of decent results but the same weird decisions on late substitutions. The Shaw for Martial was pathetic, even Fergie couldn't believe it as its been shown on all the videos. The same defensive minded decision cost Utd points at Sheff Utd.

jem

Normal objective posters are great tbf, ones that want him to stay/go but don't need to act like a Kardashian craving attention just because they have an opinion.

It's the ones that want to run around the forum with a big in/out neon sign around their neck craving attention that are amusing. The amusing part is watching them get into a state when they can't take the stick that they dished out days prior.
It's so pathetic to watch. I'm not convinced Ole is the right man for the job, but I fecking love the guy, and nothing would make me happier than to see him lifting a trophy as United manager.

mav_9me

One move we frequently do is have wingers or backs go on a run while strikers or AMs come closer to get the ball in the centre of the park, which is often a good outlet for us to switch from a defensive to an attacking posture. Worked really well yesterday.
Fair point. But that doesn't really help us with creativity.

Acquire Me

I have not changed my vote yet. I still think he is not the right choice to United.
Fair, but what is it based on? I am curious, because it’s not easy to predict the future. If you are a analytical wiz kid, I will hire you tbh.

Eriku

Fair point. But that doesn't really help us with creativity.
Talented creative players would help with that, which we’re lacking, even if Pereira has picked up a wee bit lately. At any rate it’s clear that we do have some patterns of play, and we managed to get some decent chances against a low block yesterday. For the life of me I can’t understand why some people preferred watching us under LvG or Mourinho.

Davìd Moyéz

Shocks me that if Solskjaer was fired tomorrow over half of the people on here would say "Yep, correct decision". What are people expecting to have achieved by this point of the season? We're still fighting on four fronts.

OrcaFat

Talented creative players would help with that, which we’re lacking, even if Pereira has picked up a wee bit lately. At any rate it’s clear that we do have some patterns of play, and we managed to get some decent chances against a low block yesterday. For the life of me I can’t understand why some people preferred watching us under LvG or Mourinho.
Indeed. Good post.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Shocks me that if Solskjaer was fired tomorrow over half of the people on here would say "Yep, correct decision". What are people expecting to have achieved by this point of the season? We're still fighting on four fronts.
Consist results we’ll get CL football. And by this time next year we will have a good style of play

SAFMUTD

I haven't been excited by our front four since the early 90's
Really you weren’t excited with York, Cole, Giggs and Beckham?

Or the best attack in the world at the time with Cristiano, Nani, Rooney, Tevez?

But now youre excited with our current attack? Strange...

Mainoldo

The same thing we always won’t. Play good football.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
A couple of decent results but the same weird decisions on late substitutions. The Shaw for Martial was pathetic, even Fergie couldn't believe it as its been shown on all the videos. The same defensive minded decision cost Utd points at Sheff Utd.
Amazing you know exactly the context behind Fergie's mannerisms based on seconds of TV footage

ReddBalls

Amazing you know exactly the context behind Fergie's mannerisms based on seconds of TV footage
Yeah. And those bits of Fergie might as well be form another time in the game. They do put in bits that fit their narrative when it suits them. Famously (in Norway) the producers planted prerecorded bits of wildlife into the live coverage of the disciplines of the Winter Olympics in 94.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Really you weren’t excited with York, Cole, Giggs and Beckham?

Or the best attack in the world at the time with Cristiano, Nani, Rooney, Tevez?

But now youre excited with our current attack? Strange...
Strange you would include Nani in that. The best attack in the world? No way.

SAFMUTD

Strange you would include Nani in that. The best attack in the world? No way.
Which was better than us? We won the premier league and the UCL that year when Messi hadn’t stepped up and Cristiano won the Balon d Or.

bonothom

Yeah. And those bits of Fergie might as well be form another time in the game. They do put in bits that fit their narrative when it suits them.
That happened as I was watching it live. Fergies reaction was to taking off our main threat to put on a defender. It didn't matter this time but it cost United points against Sheff Utd.

ReddBalls

That happened as I was watching it live. Fergies reaction was to taking off our main threat to put on a defender. It didn't matter this time but it cost United points against Sheff Utd.
That's what they want you to believe, just like the Norwegian broadcaster wanted the viewers to believe there was a fox roaming around the ski tracks during the winter olympics.

Fergusons reaction might have been recorded earlier in the game. The producers have cameras pointed at the stands at all times and everything is recorded. It is pretty common to use that kind of footage to tell some kind of story (here: weird subs), by putting it into the live broadcast.

Amarsdd

most of them have won tens of trophies in football or championship manager, so they know quite a lot ..

Suvvernmanc

To be fair luke shaw played left wing when he came on. It was not necessarily a defensive substitution. It was that Luke shaw could 'shore up' the left side and give Brandon William's a break getting forward as he'd ran his socks off getting up and down the left wing all game. It was in my opinion a good move by Ole.

The fergie reaction was probably the same reaction I gave to my 11 and 13 year old children sat next to me.

Foxbatt

feck the wing play. Sorry to say that. Our biggest problem is not our wing play. It is our middle of the park play. Look at the basics. We need to pick up the ' second ball". We rarely do in the middle of the park. It is a basic mistake we make. Even against Burnley we tend to help them by restricting the field when we have the ball. Looking at our passing. We wait until the last minute to pass. Waiting for the last moment allows the defending player to make smaller the area he has to defend or intercept the ball. How many times did we see two or our players going to head the same ball? Lots.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
Agree here. His man management appear to at least work with most of our squad, but the lack of attacking patterns is a concern.
The man management part of his job is probably the easiest to deal with because basically the squad has been left so threadbare he doesn't have much choice in who to play which translates to happy players. Once we (hopefully) start getting in top players his job gets a whole lot harder because he will have to upset players by dropping them. How he deals with that remains to be seen because it will be another learning curve for him.

fergiesarmy1

The man management part of his job is probably the easiest to deal with because basically the squad has been left so threadbare he doesn't have much choice in who to play which translates to happy players. Once we (hopefully) start getting in top players his job gets a whole lot harder because he will have to upset players by dropping them. How he deals with that remains to be seen because it will be another learning curve for him.
Obviously Mr Pogba has been on leave for the last 3 months but there is zero sign of discontent with Ole from this group of players who have been putting a shift in, no leaks in the press and no one throwing toys around so I’m happy.

MrSingh2002

The poll needs to be shut down. Fast descending into farce with 200-300+ votes fluctuating each game based on result.
Weird comment. An opinion poll is based on opinions..... which would change depending on many variables... results being one of them..

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Martial played 70 minutes 2 days before, and we play arsenal in just a couple days.
How hard is it to understand that players needs to be rested and others needs to get playtime?

lysglimt

Scout
It makes sense to do it. Burnley had one real threat - crosses into the box, Luke Shaw was better suited to stopping those crosses than Martial. But you can do the right thing and things can still go wrong, there are no guarantees. Sometimes it backfires...

The main problem against Burnley was that we hadnt finished off the game earlier

lysglimt

Scout
Martial played 70 minutes 2 days before, and we play arsenal in just a couple days.
How hard is it to understand that players needs to be rested and others needs to get playtime?
Very hard - there are people here who were upset that we didnt let the players work their socks off in the last 30 mins against Newcastle to improve our goal difference, rather than getting fresh players against Burnley.

Mainoldo

Very hard - there are people here who were upset that we didnt let the players work their socks off in the last 30 mins against Newcastle to improve our goal difference, rather than getting fresh players against Burnley.
So how does this work for Rashford then?

Mainoldo

Don't follow ?
Your commenting because someone doesn’t understand why people got their knickers in a twist with the Martial sub. So your basically agreeing he should have came off as he played excess minutes etc. But he’s played less minutes than Rashford, so was Martial the only player that required a rest?

Foxbatt

When SAF rotated players we were almost on top of the league or there abouts. So he can afford to rotate and freshen up players. At this moment in time every game is a cup final for us. We cannot afford to try and rotate players and lose points. We need to win every game right now. We cannot afford to think about games next week or next month. Today's result shows that we would have a hard time catching up with Chelsea. It means we may not get the CL spot.
We have also lost to Dortmund to sign Haarland. Honestly I am not so sorry to see him not sign for us. We need midfield players and one really quick and very good CB too. Someone like Haarland is not a priority.

lysglimt

Scout
Your commenting because someone doesn’t understand why people got their knickers in a twist with the Martial sub. So your basically agreeing he should have came off as he played excess minutes etc. But he’s played less minutes than Rashford, so was Martial the only player that required a rest?
Burnley were attacking on Uniteds left side - we weren't defending as well on that side as we were on the right. Martial could have gone off, Rashford could have gone off. I assume OGS chose Martial because Rashford is slightly more reliable defensively. But it was the right decision to bring on Shaw to help out Williams.

SGA

Surely no true United fan can stomach any more of this novice. Ole couldn't even get the signing of Halland over the line. We will end up paying crazy money in a year or 2. GET OLE OUT NOW!!!!!!

Brokenbeard

Surely no true United fan can stomach any more of this novice. Ole couldn't even get the signing of Halland over the line. We will end up paying crazy money in a year or 2. GET OLE OUT NOW!!!!!!
Are you serious? Go to bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.