Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

b82REZ

Did it touch a nerve? Did I just said something that may have touched a little bit of the truth? I'm not botherd at all. Just look around at this forum and you'll see what has been written about Solskjaer.

You can call it stupid but that is truth. If you have been on this forum you should by now have seen posters even wanting us to lose just to get rid of Solskjaer. People have called him cluless, deluded and everyhing from heaven to earth. There are every kind of excuse why we should get rid of him. People even talking about players that don't want to join us because of him. Are those obective reasons you are talking about? I agree that the subject is not black and white but you just have to see some matchthreds and other to check what people write.

I'm not discrediting Poch. I'm just telling the fact. If you don't believe in it check for yourself.
I'm not saying there aren't idiots on both sides of argument as there quite clearly is.

I've seen maybe one post where a poster suggested they wanted us to lose and maybe a couple more that have attacked Ole's character but on the flip side I've seen posters for other side be obnoxious and just pinning a lot if hope through blind faith. There is a definite issue for some posters to effectively distinguish between Solksjaer the player and Solksjaer the manager, which is why there is so much vitriol in these threads.

Like I said you are the one of the worst for making this like a personal attack, as your reply to momo above shows. You seem to struggle with the concept and facts that Ole hasn't done a great rebuild despite all this positive spin he and the club have put on his tenure.

2nd in the form table despite a makeshift midfield, most expensive player in our history seemingly deciding when he wants to play, well positioned in the europa, semis of the league cup, fa cup to come and a new transfer window open where he has stated he has money available and people still want him fired for god knows who :rolleyes:

https://uk.soccerway.com/national/england/premier-league/20192020/regular-season/r53145/
To be fair, I think most people (myself included) were beyond worried when we we'd played 14 games, winning just 4 and were 9th, or after 18 games when we'd won only 6 of them and were 8th. The good results against Spurs and City suddenly looked like a continuation of that unacceptable form.

Are there many that really want or expect Ole to get fired now? Because that's bizarre, he's now in a great run of form and Everton/Burnley seems lees a return to type and more as a bump in the road during a very good run.

Topping a EL table with the sides we have in it, or beating Colchester at home are hardly reasons to show any top manager is doing a good job :)

Chairman Steve

The problem with anti-Ole brigade is not performences or results. It is some personal thing. He is not "cool" enough for some.
:lol: Come on now. You‘ve got to be joking as I am fairly confident that people who are not sold on OGS are basing it on performances and results.

I‘m still not sold on OGS as the Utd manager so I guess that makes me some heinous villain who wants to run a smear campaign against him. He’s been getting more favourable results as of late but the performances are still somewhat iffy, especially against the lesser sides who there are a lot more of than the major sides which play into the OGS play style nicely.

I don’t know whether you can attribute all these changes seen around the club solely on OGS. For all we know Woodward finally decided to listen to our convoluted football structure made up of head scouts, chief scouts and whatever other people who do the same job but with a flowery title. The three signings we made seem more like club signings than only OGS wanted them. He probably passed judgment on it. AWB and Maguire appear to be no-brainer enough and low-risk to make (despite the faffing around for Maguires fee). James seems like a low-spend, low-risk bet that if it pays off, then the club looks to expand in the lower divisions for young talent. Woodward and the club have probably seen that these expensive marquees are not worth it, possibly their agents like Raiola are too much hassle and listening to big name managers for transfers like LVG and Jose wasn’t good either.

LVG has said that he didn’t sign Shaw and that it was a club signing, and said the same about Martial too. Jose said he didnt sign Fred yet there’s been rumours that McKenna cited Fred as a good example of a central midfielder when McKenna was in charge of the youth team... so there does seem to be signs and evidence that the club has decided to listen to itself more rather than be dazzled by the big name managers they gave carte blanche too, and in turn marginalised the internal staff who probably had better ideas for the long term. Jose signed a contract at the beginning of 2018 then for whatever reason did not get backed in the summer, with the only major signing being a guy who Jose says he didn‘t sign. I’m hoping that the Sanchez deal caused an epiphany in the clubs head and decided that we should have listened to our internal scout staff and convoluted football structure who probably had better long-term options than Jose’s short to medium term options. God fecking knows why they didn’t make more signings in the summer because we definitely needed to make some with the outgoings. Maybe the clubs a bit too risk averse to make too many moves in case it all fecks up again? Maybe they want to avoid getting marquee names who probably get sold to us by their agents for a big pay off. I have no real problem with them not going for Dybala or Eriksen for example since I get the feeling that we were getting played by Juve in Dybala’s case, or been seen as the ultimate pension package in Eriksens case if the two major Spanish sides didn’t put forward a good deal.

So I would say that the club is steering itself away from all this crap, but it isnt solely OGS doing it. Based on that I’m still thinking that OGS is at best seen as a place warmer until the club can identify someone on the level of Guardiola or Klopp, who shares the same ideas as the club and can get the club making serious progress.

Results are the most important for OGS though. If he gets a huge win rate even with ugly, fragmented football then he stays. Alternatively he gets us playing really nice football and we don’t make Champions League, then we have to think about it... but realistically a man whose spent a decade in Norwegian football management is going to make the gigantic step up to being an English football title contender? It’s the ultimate Hollywood story that we’d all like to see happen but I just can’t see it happening. This isnt going to be Robert Redford in The Natural.

But that doesn’t mean that OGS gets a free ride until we find the new manager. We are still the club we are with incredible reach, wealth and fame and we should be doing a lot better than we are doing. Remember how we laughed at Liverpool celebrating salvaging a draw at Anfield to West Brom? We are not too far away from that right now. Whilst a lot of us knew they weren’t that good at the time, we still knew deep down that they should be doing a hell of a lot better. Rival fans will laugh at us for saying that we had a great win against Burnley because that’s how poor we are at the moment as well as they know that we should be doing better. If OGS really goes into a slump the next two months then he goes. I don’t care what the Utd hierarchy say about backing him through press releases, he goes and deservedly so. That is based on the club seems to have learned how to right itself from the mess it’s made and it wasn’t solely OGS coming in and telling them what to do.

For all we know, OGSs strengths don’t lie in football management and he might be good at being part of football director committee or transfer committee.

fergiesarmy1

To be fair, I think most people (myself included) were beyond worried when we we'd played 14 games, winning just 4 and were 9th, or after 18 games when we'd won only 6 of them and were 8th. The good results against Spurs and City suddenly looked like a continuation of that unacceptable form.

Are there many that really want or expect Ole to get fired now? Because that's bizarre, he's now in a great run of form and Everton/Burnley seems lees a return to type and more as a bump in the road during a very good run.

Topping a EL table with the sides we have in it, or beating Colchester at home are hardly reasons to show any top manager is doing a good job :)
I can see the poll is still around 50/50, apart from Liverpool obviously only one team with less defeats in the premiership this season than us and that is Leicester who are flying obviously. Quite a few of our defeats early doors were unfortunate as well. Everyone should be behind him now for at least the reminder of the season as he isn’t going anywhere until then at the earliest.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Did it touch a nerve? Did I just said something that may have touched a little bit of the truth? I'm not botherd at all. Just look around at this forum and you'll see what has been written about Solskjaer.

You can call it stupid but that is truth. If you have been on this forum you should by now have seen posters even wanting us to lose just to get rid of Solskjaer. People have called him cluless, deluded and everyhing from heaven to earth. There are every kind of excuse why we should get rid of him. People even talking about players that don't want to join us because of him. Are those obective reasons you are talking about? I agree that the subject is not black and white but you just have to see some matchthreds and other to check what people write.

I'm not discrediting Poch. I'm just telling the fact. If you don't believe in it check for yourself.
Anyone whose been on this forum will see that it’s always Ole in typing bull crap about “haha bet the ole out are angry we won /happy we lost”

There’s usually dozens of these types of comments by Ole In . The only ONE comment I read by Ole out , said that beating City would in the long run be worse for us.

It gets tiresome when people have to resort to lies and fabrications. But look, we’re on a good run, Chelsea are dropping points. Maybe now you can justify your Ole in with logic and reason instead of emotional ramblings. Or maybe you yourself don’t believe results will hold up, hence your Arsenal comment.

Last edited:

El Zoido

We have to keep him in place at the moment, I can’t fathom how anyone would want him fired right now. Do you really think it would help us at all? I don’t. He has the backing of the players, which is absolutely important, and for my money he’s got us on the right track. I’m sure this thread will go nuts if we drop points today but there’s no magic fix. Ole or not, it’s going to take time. There are clear improvements in the team as far as I’m concerned, and as a young side, there’s obvious development ahead. I think it would be a bigger risk to fire him. This team and these players are not going to get worse, they will improve, they just need some additions alongside them.

fergiesarmy1

Because most votes were placed at least 1 month or so ago before we won 4 out of 6 in the league (it originally took us 14 games to win that many) including wins vs. Spurs and City.

A new poll now would look massively different pal.
There be some stubborn bar stewards on here :lol:

There be some stubborn bar stewards on here :lol:
Nar.... if you read enough posts you'll see that the likes of myself and Massive Spanner along with many others have stated that whilst we can still see us regretting it in the long term, it'd be madness to sack any manager during such a good run of form.
All the majority of fans want/expect is for this squad to challenge for 4th at the very least and the last month has shown us that the squad is more than talented enough for those low expectations.
If Ole keeps us in touch with 4th, most will back him till at least the end of the season.

If we end up lingering around down in 8th-9th again, expect people to be rightly pissed off.

Last edited:

fergiesarmy1

Nar.... if you read enough posts you'll see that the likes of myself and @Massive Spanner along with many others have stated that whilst we can still see us regretting it in the long term, it'd be madness to sack any manager during such a good run of form.
All the majority of fans want/expect is for this squad to challenge for 4th at the very least and the last month has shown us that the squad is more than talented enough for those low expectations.
If Ole keeps us in touch with 4th, most will back him till at least the end of the season.

If we end up lingering around down in 8th-9th again, expect people to be rightly pissed off.
Have you seen develish posts, blames Ole for everything including us not getting Haaland even though the reasons were made clear was all due to terms.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Nar.... if you read enough posts you'll see that the likes of myself and Massive Spanner along with many others have stated that whilst we can still see us regretting it in the long term, it'd be madness to sack any manager during such a good run of form.

Exactly.

lysglimt

Scout
I'm not saying there aren't idiots on both sides of argument as there quite clearly is.

I've seen maybe one post where a poster suggested they wanted us to lose and maybe a couple more that have attacked Ole's character but on the flip side I've seen posters for other side be obnoxious and just pinning a lot if hope through blind faith. There is a definite issue for some posters to effectively distinguish between Solksjaer the player and Solksjaer the manager, which is why there is so much vitriol in these threads.

Like I said you are the one of the worst for making this like a personal attack, as your reply to momo above shows. You seem to struggle with the concept and facts that Ole hasn't done a great rebuild despite all this positive spin he and the club have put on his tenure.
If you are gonna attack a poster for being of the worst at something - it would perhaps be smart not to write something along the lines of: You seem to struggle with the concept and FACTS that Ole hasn't done a great rebuild ?

There is a difference between a fact and your personal opinion

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!

Exactly what do you imagine a rebuild is? A transfer window and here we go, Champions League final please?

We've had one transfer window and added 3 pieces that are playing more or less every single game. Solidly most of the time mind you.

We have Rashford breaking out, on pace to doubling his previous goal total
Brandon Williams and Mason Greenwood both looking like solid squad staples. Greenwood has been handled perfectly and is now hitting his stride. If his developmen trajectory continues he's a bigger star than Rashford is in 2 years.
Fred has gone from dumpster fire to the real deal. McTominay has become what looks to be a solid, iron dependable squad player in Michael Carricks image.

How much do you imagine we can possibly do in one single transfer window? mate, we have 7 players here who are either new to the club, and performing above expecation (AWB, James) or Are performing way above what we hoped going into the season (Greenwood, Williams, Rashford, Fred).

We have obvious deficiencies in our squad depth and midfield, with Paul Pogba missing the most of the season thus far, and with McTominay now out on his second injury spell.

ALL of this has taken place between the Summer transfer window and 01.01.2020. We routinely play the youngest team on the pitch in the Premier League. This is the very definition of a rebuilding team. Rebuild take time, thi is barely even scratching the surface. You are ignoring what is happening within the roster. By all reports from the players, they are loving what's happening with the club, even going as far as going in unison to the board unprompted to let them know that Ole is their man. You can say what you want about romanticizing and being clueless, but when your team does that, you have a serious amount of respect in the dressing room.

Hell man, either you commit to something or you don't. But not committing is the worst of flaky decisions that landed us where we are today. We're in the start of a outspoken 3 year plan, with Ole aiming to challenge for the title next season, ultimately depending on the transfer windows.

Fact of the matter is that we are performing on par with the previous season, which is so-so in itself, but we are doing so with the addition of a bunch of teenagers or early 20 year olds as opposed to established stars. This team is only going to improve as the players technical ability improves, Pogba returns to match form, and we add the players and talents we need to address squad weaknesses

So many of the posters are SO IMPATIENT. And dude, I see posters hoping we lose so we can hire Pochettino nearly daily, maybe we are reading different threads.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
2 Quick questions:

How did Spurs do in Pochettinos 2 first seasons in charge ?

If he was such a brilliant manager - why did Spurs completely fall apart in his last 12 months ?
Southampton:

8th place, their highest point tally since the inception of the preimere league.

For Spurs
5th his first season.
3rd his second season(highest league finish since 1990
2nd his 3rd season, 86 points their highest league tally ever.
4th in his 4th season, Cl Final Runners up(their best CL campaign ever.

This season shit: Probably his fault as well as the problem that Spurs generally have. At a certain Spurs best players want to move to win big trophies and get their highest salary. Something that is quite difficult for a club like Spurs to deliver, so you have key players wanting out and fed up of being paid less than they feel worth.

Zen86

I feel like we’re going to struggle with these injuries, so I can see this thread getting even more fun.

RonaldoVII

Finally changed mine to SACK. Persisting with Lingard, Shaw and to some extent James is enough. The players look clueless and we create nothing unless it’s on the counter. I’m all for a long term plan but this is going to be years of nothing.

ManRed

Championship manager so not surprised we see these kind of performances. He has no clue how to turn things around when not working. Just waited for the 2nd goal to come.

edgecutter

What's even more annoying is that we will probably beat wolves at the weekend and we will be told he deserves more time as he gets the "culture".

NK86

I feel like we’re going to struggle with these injuries, so I can see this thread getting even more fun.
Or you know, him being a shite manager may have more to do with it.

Roboc7

Being completely schooled by Arteta who you can see is actually coaching Arsenal already. Ole’s extremely basic management will only take us so far and will be continuously exposed.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Arteta took about 5 days to implement the double press. It's been an year and I have never seen anything in us , remotely close to how Arsenal are pressing.

NK86

How daft you must be to start Lingard:lol:
Lampard over the weekend immediately understood that a tactical switch needed to be made and he had the balls to do it on the 30 min mark.

Ole sits there like a fkng moron who has lucked into the biggest job and has no clue what to do next. We will hear the same bollocks about it taking years to implement a style or even fkng pressing and the daft fools on this forum will lap it all up.

Matty7

Finally changed mine to SACK. Persisting with Lingard, Shaw and to some extent James is enough. The players look clueless and we create nothing unless it’s on the counter. I’m all for a long term plan but this is going to be years of nothing.
This - You can blame the players all you like, its the manager who keeps putting the same lot out there time and time again. Pereira has been much better lately. Greenwood is far more productive than James. Yet they both sit on the bench...
Should of tried to fix this 20 mins into the game, we were getting trashed. But nope he doesn't want to hurt their feelings by bringing them off.

Giggsyking

just sack ffs what the feck are we waiting for, it is clear as day he is clueless, how can people not see that?

DJW

An absolute Fraud and tactically naive manager ! Arteta has already coached his team far more than Ole has in 12 months.
Please can anyone honestly say that Ole will deliver anything other another season of mediocre failure. He won’t take us anywhere near back to the top. Another season wasted.

Please lets end this disaster of an experience and get a manager in who can at least improve players and coach tactics it’s so painful that Ole should do the decent thing and realise he is nowhere near the required standard to be a coach in the premier league let alone a top team like Utd. Please let this nightmare end.

BlueHaze

His shambolic decision of not only neglecting the midfield but also forcing Pogba to stay against his own will has now put us in a position where midfield is utterly useless and completely lack any sort of creativity. Yet another season flushed down the toilet. Same shit will happen year after year with these owners and their cash collector Woodward.

As for Ole he's simply put a shockingly bad manager. Watching us under him is nothing but a massive frustration going into every single game never knowing what you will get.

Fooza

This is gonna be the most painfully drawn out sacking in the entire history of British football.
Agreed, he's done nothing in a year apart from getting rid of players. He's brought in players but they not performing as well as they should.

I'm still yet to see what he's made of in games like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.