Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MonkeysMagic

:lol: We are destined to become AC Milan of the PL. Stupid fans living in some alternate universe are as much to blame as our useless board. Ole would have already been sacked months ago from any club in the world having any sort of standards. We boast how we are the biggest club in the world but feck me we act like we are a polar opposite of it. We are a laughing stock, rival fans pray we stick with Ole for years to come as they know he is inept. But we are fine hiding behind this rebuilding job, can’t judge manager until he got 3 years crap.
Well said. I cannot for the life of me understand how any self respecting Utd fan thinks that the current mediocre teamplay isn't squarely due to the ineptness of the manager.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Sack him and we got a chance at top four. Chelsea been fecking up non stop and we always join in.
We'll not do it. I've given up hope. This club is fecked from the very top to right down to its fans. As a club we cannot make simple, logical decisions and some utter cretins actively defending this and calling it some sort of a process. feck it. I fecking hate football.

mav_9me

Anybody who is supportive of Ole can they please explain how to support a manager who continues to play Lingard and Shaw?

Greck

The type of pressing we saw from Arsenal in the first 45 minutes 3 matches into Arteta is what Ole has been talking about but never doing over the last 12 months
We'll just buy good pressing in a couple transfer windows, no problem, or so Ole and Neville would have us believe

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Then he will get the sack next season, one way or the other, he will get sacked. He's too fecking shit as a manager not to be sacked at some point
If he gets next season then it's over for us as a club for a decade, it will set us back big time under Woodward and Glazers.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Anybody who is supportive of Ole can they please explain how to support a manager who continues to play Lingard and Shaw?
Because the alternatives are Pereira/Mata and Williams/Young, all 6 nowhere near good enough.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Basically Ole is performing as well as Mourinho when he was trying get himself sacked.

vidic blood & sand

Who's fault is that? We should have replaced Herrera, Matic, Fellaini, Lingard. We knew at the start of the season that we had issues but according to Ole everything was fine and he was happy with the squad. Would you like quotes to back this up? He chose to spend 80 million on fecking Maguire when we have 40 fecking CB's. He could have signed Tielemans and I'm sure a couple of other decent midfielders but he chose not to. If a person stands on a rake and the shaft breaks his fecking nose in the process, I'm not going to be sympathetic towards him -- I'll criticise that person for being a fecking idiot, for not having foresight, for not being to see the obvious. Sorry, the midfield thing doesn't fly. If you choose to believe it, fine. But frankly it's a shit excuse.
Remember we've lost Mctominay and Pogba today as well. We've don'e better than expected with what we've got, and the rebuilding process in midfield begins in earnest in the summer. If after the summer we have the same midfield, then we have a crisis on our hands.

starman

You've got to love people using Arteta as a argument. It's not like United looked like a different team after solskjaer took over from Jose...

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I swear every game people are in this thread saying things like “oh the Ole out brigade are back” or some other such shite as if the people who think he needs to go are somehow in hiding at times even though there’s a mostly consistent view from a large number of people that he’s not the right man.

Eplel

I don't like the kind of hate he gets from some people, but I do agree that he needs to go.
What we need is a game changer, and Ole is not one. He is not a good tactician, and he doesn't have what it takes to build a team.

Giggsyking

Shocking when you read the stats. Today is not the game that should end oles reign. That game should have been the Watford game in my opinion.
He should have walked away in May 2019, thats it. He is a nothing manager, someone who relegated a premier league club and won a title in Norway, If his name was not Ole, he would have never touched this team. But hey, he is a legend.

DamoK

Can't disagree with this more.

As for Ole, I really want to back him but I still don't see any sort of patterns of play that tells me he can sort out our inability to break down teams.

Also, starting Lingard over and over should be a sackable offense.
I totally agree all of us can see that he's absolutely useless yet he keeps on starting him again and again. It's baffling, every attack broke down with him again. tonight. For me just by persisting with him when it clearly isn't working is a very bad sign. Why did Shaw comeback into the team when Williams was so good against Burnley. Shaw was awful tonight too.

He's tactically out of his depth, proven time and time again when we go 1-0 down that he can't change it around and he waits too long to make subs. But it's not all Oles fault our board haven't backed him either

Rolaholic

Ole's been on the job over a year now and we still have no set identity or play style besides hoping to hit every team on the counter...not good enougu for Manchester fecking United

Arteta has been on the job for less than 3 weeks and you can already see a play style and identity developing under him...

Same for Ancelotti in Merseyside

peridigm

Granted. But this doesn’t look like a team that knows how to attack as a unit, how to respond to different game situations, how to build up play and overload in dangerous areas. A lot of that was painfully apparent today and the buck rests with the club for the poor recruitment and mishmash of player profiles alongside Solskjær’s failure to implement the principles that would have seen a different response to falling behind.
We’ve shown how deadly we can be on counters plenty this season. Today was down to lack of work rate and urgency. I’ll concede the starting lineup with Lingard is tiresome. He’s been so bad for so long it’s almost criminal that he’s continually starting. That much at least is on Ole. Shaw has been poor for awhile as well.

Arsenal were really bad today. That’s what makes this so much worse. I think any other hard working team would have hammered them.

Rbrown0806

If he gets next season then it's over for us as a club for a decade, it will set us back big time under Woodward and Glazers.
There is a serious problem at the Club. It starts with the Glazers and then Woodward who are not football men. Ole is a nice guy but has zero track record to deserve this job. I'd like to say we could turn this around with 3 or 4 new players but we now have a reputation for turning good players into average players. Ming you Shaw and Lingard aren't even average. No idea what they are doing in the team.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
At this stage there is no valid reason for keeping him on beyond this season? The team selections are poor, tactics he's clueless and is not brave enough with his subs.

Can't even hide behind his transfers. He didn't even do the thing he kept banging on about last year, the players don't look fit. Rashford looks tired, Shaw looks unfit, we seem to tire quickly and we don't press.

Fact is, this is will not better under Ole no matter what.

Giggsyking

I don't like the kind of hate he gets from some people, but I do agree that he needs to go.
What we need is a game changer, and Ole is not one. He is not a good tactician, and he doesn't have what it takes to build a team.
He is not forced to manage the team, he can do the honorable thing and resign, but I doubt he will do it. He will hold on with both his hands and teeth on to the job even if we get relegated.

Cantona in disguise

He should have walked away in May 2019, thats it. He is a nothing manager, someone who relegated a premier league club and won a title in Norway, If his name was not Ole, he would have never touched this team. But hey, he is a legend.
I dont blame him for not walking away. Be honest would you walk away from your dream job? I know I wouldn't. He isnt good enough but he must believe he is. Woodward needs to do the right thing for a change.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
I’ve backed ole all the way. But I must admit watching that tonight, was utterly terrible. We cannot keep “bouncing back” and being so inconsistent; we where utter shite tonight and made arsenal look like Barca in first half
It's what we do under him. Win a couple of games looking quite good, than without any sign we look worse for wear like we've never played football before. Rinse and repeat.

Tel074

They're sure as feck better than Lingard.

But they just arnt . Mata is done as a top level player he finds it hard getting about the pitch and Pereira is possibly the worst player I've seen at United since Bebe

Giggsyking

But they just arnt . Mata is done as a top level player he finds it hard getting about the pitch and Pereira is possibly the worst player I've seen at United since Bebe
Then dont fecking play him, play with 10 men, it is better.

Eddy_JukeZ

He definitely has to go.

Just depends on when we pull the trigger.

If you can nab Pochettino, I'd probably get him in now.

Top 4 is still attainable.

Rolaholic

David Moyes played 53, lost 15
Ole played 38, lost 16
That's as damning a stat I've seen regarding Ole.

Having a worse record in fewer games than the chosen one is a hell of an indictment

Hope the board have already started reaching out to Pochettino

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Remember we've lost Mctominay and Pogba today as well. We've don'e better than expected with what we've got, and the rebuilding process in midfield begins in earnest in the summer. If after the summer we have the same midfield, then we have a crisis on our hands.
We had Pogba out for most of the season. We've won 2 out of 6 with Pogba in the team. As for McTominay, he's a decent player but if we're reliant upon him for us to get top 4 then we're fecked quite frankly.

Alabaster Codify7

The longer this lad spends here the lower we sink until it approaches irreparable. I would never hire a plumber to build me a house. That's what we have. We have an incredibly unsuitable manager that is nowhere near capable of winning us honours. I'm sorry guys but feck you - we are supposed to be United. Top 4 should be something we laugh upon not aspire to and this lad will not even get us top 4. Wanna know why? Because he's a shite manager. Wake up. Cardiff were on course to a second relegation until they sacked Clownshoes off. Warnock comes in and gets essentially the same squad promoted.

You want that penguin in charge of United?

Of course you don't so why accept this dogshite?

Status
Not open for further replies.