Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
I think we still need about four players. A ten (assuming Pogba goes), two MFs, possibly a winger and possibly a LB, although young Williams looks really good.

We look rudderless though. No tactical nous to our play. City were well drilled tonight as to how Baldiola wanted them to play. We instead were relying on individual brilliance.
Totally agree.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
"I love Ole BUT....."

"I want Ole to succeed BUT...."

This is infuriating. I'm sure every United fan liked him as a player, you don't need to justify yourself in criticising him as manager. It just shows people are still struggling to separate the two.

Aside his CV and his poor performance in the job, he simply does not have the personality or character to manage Man Utd.
Yeah....this is where I'm at, I'd hate to see him sacked. I just love the guy.

We just should never have given him the permanent role.

redflash

We need a forward to take pressure off rashford, martial, Greenwood and james all of whom cannot hold the ball.... We need 2-5 midfielders a defensive, 2 box-to-box, 1 attacking.... Need 2 new centre backs. 1 to start, one to replace Phil jones.

We also need to sell;
Jones
Rojo
Smalling
Matic
Mata
Lingaard
Pereira
Young

All this needs to be done before start of next season

youmeletsfly

The guy mentioned that there was nothing to be done to prevent City's 1st goal.
Are you fecking kidding me, how about some defending, closing in the angle?
I loved him as a player but as a manager he sometimes comes up with these absolutely crazy excuses.

NJM78

I want Ole out more than I ever wanted LvG or Jose out, it’s now neck and neck with Moyes for me.

Seij

Nah people need ed to start saying that otherwise you get assumed to be an Ole hater with no valid opinion.

Got to jump through the hoops :lol:
Plastic fans insulting the legend :mad::mad::devil: How could you want a new manager when we know the new manager will fail anyway?!?!?

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I think the Ole in vote is still pretty high because a lot of fans realise that we won't go anywhere with Poch either. Been here before with LVG n Jose. The club is broken right at the top. Changing managers will only ever bring temporary changes. Until Woodward fecks off with the Glazers we are a nothing club. End of.

John Blund

Still in the "Ole in" boat. I didn't expect us to beat City today. I've not expected us to beat City for a few years, and the LC doesn't matter for me. I'd take the Ethiad win in PL 100/100 times over this LC semi.

I don't know if Ole can change anything for us, but so far he's not talked trash about his own players (Mourinho?), and we've not spent millions on players we didn't need. I'd love to have a better version of Maguire (the Leicester version), but I'd take Maguire over PJ or Rojo every day. A few midfielders, and a decent number 10, and we'll be looking better. I don't believe we'd win anything sacking Ole mid-season, while we still are in the race for both 4th in PL and in the EL.

MoskvaRed

It’s obvious he is several leagues out of his depth but unfortunately a sizeable proportion of our fan base are morons who think time plus youth = Alex Ferguson.

Russky14

The Regime have conditioned the many that its a "plan". I have a plan to build to £2m house but hey ho its delusion.

The plan on youth is because Woody spuncked millions on duff players. Oh wait a minute that on top of the 1.7 billion in dividend, management fees ans interest payments.

This is the underlying issue. We have wasted a 800m on players but then wasted 1.7b via the greedy cretins that own us.

Refer to my Regime Change Thread. If you want to moan keep posting here. Want change be constructive on that thread.

bonothom

If United were sold to a rich Arab for instance, the first thing they would do is bring in DOF and a top level experienced coach. Ole would probably be offered a kit job role similar to Brian Kidd at City. Fans who want the owners out but still support Ole are kidding themselves if they think any prospective buyer would keep him in the job. A bit like what City did with Mark Hughes. They knew he wasn't good enough to take them where they wanted to go and got Mancini.

Rafaeldagold

Sorry but any football fan who thinks Ole is actually coaching this team is retarded. If this fraud was sacked tomorrow he wouldn't be offered a job by any other team in our top 3 leagues. What anybody can be seeing in this manager beggers belief. All our players know he is clueless, every rival fan knows he is clueless, the media and pundits know it to, yet there are actually people on this very forum who are not embarrassed to be vocal in their backing of him and actually believe he is the right man for the job. Astounding. Truly astounding. :lol:
100% this. Anyone who thinks Ole is a good enough manager for us or even one of the best 50 in the world we can get are wrong.

If you support Ole as manager you don’t understand football & have no footballing intelligence it’s as simple as that. I’m fcking sick of seeing our great club slide into mediocrity because people are too thick to see what’s right in front of them. Im not saying we’d win the league with a good manager but we’d do so so so much better, be in the top 4, have hope for the future.
Right now we have nothing & anyone supporting Ole still is also culpable as surely all anyone wants for their club is to be the best they can be? We are NOT doing that by having Ole as manager, fcking wake up

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
100% this. Anyone who thinks Ole is a good enough manager for us or even one of the best 50 in the world we can get are wrong.

If you support Ole as manager you don’t understand football & have no footballing intelligence it’s as simple as that. I’m fcking sick of seeing our great club slide into mediocrity because people are too thick to see what’s right in front of them. Im not saying we’d win the league with a good manager but we’d do so so so much better, be in the top 4, have hope for the future.
Right now we have nothing & anyone supporting Ole still is also culpable as surely all anyone wants for their club is to be the best they can be? We are NOT doing that by having Ole as manager, fcking wake up
I'm quite confident he's not even among the top 50 coaches in Greater Manchester.

The Purley King

I just want a system, a structure, a sign that maybe with one or two better players that he’d get somewhere.
Klopp had this, Guardiola had this in their first years.
People Have mentioned bielsa, he had this too. Even lvg had a visible plan even if it might have been fecking tedious.
Just some sign that he knows what his vision is beyond “these players ‘get’ the club”.

This is my system this is how we will play. That’s what I want.

We have the occasional counter attack and could not score against an u15 team if they defended the box.

It’s not good enough. Over a year now and no hint of a style.

As much as I like him he’s got to go now.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
If you support Ole as manager you don’t understand football & have no footballing intelligence it’s as simple as that.
He is there because the Glazers want a yes man who the fans won't turn on as they pile up cash instead of trophies. It's as simple as that.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Seems a strange comparison seen as fergie was into year 4 by then and Ole has had just over 12 months.
Tell that to the people that make it. They also used Klopp, although why he’d get sacked when in his second season he was 2nd by December and playing great football.. so had actually showed something

Amerifan

I honestly do not think that most fans here on CAF who support to keep Ole are real United fans. Any idiot can see that he is out of his depth. When he sees the City line up( yes he sees them before the kick off) he should have realised that they are not playing with a CF. So he should have instructed at least one of his CBs to step into the space in front of them.
He should be sacked instantly only because he is starting Lingard and for no other reason.
Have you considered that sacking Ole in and of itself is pointless. It’s who replaces him that matters. Change the poll to Hire Poch or Hire a DOF and see how the “idiots” vote.

klsv

We need systematic changes in the entire structure of the club. Sacking Ole alone won't help us. It's a start, though. Ed should sack Ole, sell the majority of the players and commit a harakiri infront of the OT. Then we go from there.

oreon

Disgusted by the amount of short sighted fans we have.

Not saying Ole is the man. I think it’s a bit to big for him.

Gross negligence has led to this situation. Fault lies above the manager.

If LVG or Jose can’t do it. What make anyone think Ole can???
Ole is not the root problem but he's not part of the solution. Football has eveolved. Its about having a system of play and philosophy that can break teams down. Counterattacking football may win you indvidual games but over the season it won't win you the league. Ole is a one trick pony, all he can do is play counter attacking football. We need a manager with a system. But first the structure must change. An experienced DOF must be brought in and given money and independance to right the ship. And also Ole needs to go as well. If both won't happen we'll be stuck in mediocrity for whoever knows how long

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Darren Fletcher just on TalkSport, here's basically his key points..

1. The club is in this mess because of past recruitment from LVG and Jose. The club not to blame because they backed their managers until a point late on with Jose.

2. Never recovered from losing Fergie and Gill.

3. Club knowingly left themselves short of players for long term gain.

3. Club aiming to rebuild ready for the decline of Liverpool and City. Know it will be painful for fans but no quick fix signings, only the right players if they're available.

4. Solskjaer knows what he's doing. Wants to play better football in possession but hasn't got the players capable apart from Pogba.

To be honest I feel completely dejected after that performance. Heart breaking watching what we've become this season, I just hope those backing this management team and Woodward are seeing something that I'm not because, in my opinion, you don't need the best midfield in the world to beat the lower placed teams. Liverpool don't have the best midfield in the world and they're the best team in the country.

There's so many arguments to be made against what we're seeing but I just don't feel like getting into it anymore. I don't think Ole is the right manager, he's only ever proven that he isn't. Hopefully the rest of the footballing world didn't see something in him that we have and he will prove me wrong. He's not going anywhere, that's for sure, so all we can do is hold blind hope.

el3mel

Disgusted by the amount of short sighted fans we have.

Not saying Ole is the man. I think it’s a bit to big for him.

Gross negligence has led to this situation. Fault lies above the manager.

If LVG or Jose can’t do it. What make anyone think Ole can???
If he can't do it, what's the point of him staying then?

Marcus

Came in to see what my vote was again. Doesn't move the percentage. Was already sack.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
He is there because the Glazers want a yes man who the fans won't turn on as they pile up cash instead of trophies. It's as simple as that.
You get it!
Now, let's see if Ole supporters realise this.

sunama

Baghdad Bob
For anyone still on the fence...

I keep saying this,: but it will get worse, the longer Ole (and Woodie) are in charge.
Several negative records were broken since SAF, but Ole has managed to drop standards even further to break some additional negative records.

Mainoldo

1. The club is in this mess because of past recruitment from LVG and Jose. The club not to blame because they backed their managers until a point late on with Jose.

3. Club aiming to rebuild ready for the decline of Liverpool and City. Know it will be painful for fans but no quick fix signings, only the right players if they're available.

4. Solskjaer knows what he's doing. Wants to play better football in possession but hasn't got the players capable apart from Pogba.

To be honest I feel completely dejected after that performance. Heart breaking watching what we've become this season, I just hope those backing this management team and Woodward are seeing something that I'm not because, in my opinion, you don't need the best midfield in the world to beat the lower placed teams. Liverpool don't have the best midfield in the world and they're the best team in the country.

There's so many arguments to be made against what we're seeing but I just don't feel like getting into it anymore. I don't think Ole is the right manager, he's only ever proven that he isn't. Hopefully the rest of the footballing world didn't see something in him that we have and he will prove me wrong. He's not going anywhere, that's for sure, so all we can do is hold blind hope.
Our secret DoF people. A club filled with mates. What a load of toss. Our master plan is to wait for City’s and Liverpool’s decline. Sitting in 5th. As stupid as Kewell’s comments of our success coming to and end and Essien’s calculator. Are City and Liverpool just going to hand us the keys then.

Hawks2008

If what he says is true then we're a finished club. A frightening lack of ambition, painting our incompetence at if it's for 'long term gain' and they're peddling the 'right players' bullshit again when the reality is we dither are only a pull to average PL players. There are so many players in Europe and beyond who would improve us so I refuse to believe that only certain players are 'right'. You know how you get the 'right' players? Convince good players to come and sell Ole's plan to them rather than targeting average players simply because they jump at the chance to come. Expecting players to come running just because we're United is entitled as feck.

It seems all that Fletcher DoF talk in the summer was just the club making him a shill for the current regime because he cannot he this blinkered.

And for all the talk of "Oh poor Ole isn't the problem it's so much more than the manager", you could give him the best board, DoF, scouts etc. and he would still be an amatuer. If anything the fact our club is a shambles means we are more reliant on having a great manager so why stick with a dud?

Everything about the club right now makes me fecking sick.

Last edited:

Amerifan

Point 3 is the frustrating one. He’s saying we will not attempt to go head-to-head against arguably two of the best managers in the world. We will bide our time until they leave and then invest and make a run for the title. Problem is even without their managers we can’t outspend City and Liverpool‘s football organization has consistently outperformed us. It may not be the worst business strategy to hang back, but it’s defeatist and demotivating for fans and players alike. If this really is our strategy we better get used to a long title drought.

Mainoldo

Point 3 is the frustrating one. He’s saying we will not attempt to go head-to-head against arguably two of the best managers in the world. We will bide our time until they leave and then invest and make a run for the title. Problem is even without their managers we can’t outspend City and Liverpool‘s football organization has consistently outperformed us. It may not be the worst business strategy to hang back, but it’s defeatist and demotivating for fans and players alike. If this really is our strategy we better get used to a long title drought.
Long drought. We will never win the title under this regime. But we all knew that already.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

Slow rebuild is absolutely fine but ffs, appoint a capable coach. Show something in the ground

Ole is clueless. Not sure how fletcher doesnt get this.

Backrow Singer

I’m concerned, 100%. The situation feels very convenient for everyone. Woodward and the Glazers have a bloke there who won’t challenge them, who will smile politely and will always have the backing of the fans.

The players seem to like him, I thought today was a disgusting performance to be honest and he still didn’t criticise them. Why would they want him to leave when they can get away with performances like that? Anyone see Lindelof’s effort (or lack of) for the second goal? That’s not a piece of play from a player who is under pressure or who is being held accountable by his manager. The players are coasting in my opinion.

For Solskjaer, if he was sacked tonight, I don’t see where his next offer would come from.

So how do you keep everyone happy? You use the good old “long term project” line. As far as I can see, in relation to that project, it just means OGS putting a few young players in the team. I don’t see any tactical development, I don’t see any structural development, I don’t see any development really at this moment in time. He’s literally being backed by some people because he’s giving minutes to young players. I can only assume they’re going through a mid-life crisis or something. In terms of our play, or the quality of our play, I’m not seeing anything to suggest we’re improving.

As it stands right now, I see very little evidence that he’s the right man.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Wait for your love rival to die before getting the girl of your dreams.

Status
Not open for further replies.