Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirAnderson

I said keep, but man its close for me.
It's that unbeaten run when he came on board after Mou, that's the only reason he is here! He was suppose to be the caretaker, and that bumped him into consideration, right now I wish he didn't do anything special, since we finished 6th any way! That way we would have actually considered a better option!

Kemizee

Voted keep because I don't want Ole sacked.
He does look out of his depth managing the club but assuming things dont improve significantly soon, Im hoping for a move upstairs or he simply resigns.
You think he is gonna resign and forfeit his hefty compensation? No chance. He is a nice bloke and smiles always but he is no fool.

Kemizee

Sounds like you’re on a coke binge, sober up and come back when you stop acting like a complete pompous tit.
People who tell others who to support should seriously feck off.
This. Any dissent against Ole's incompetence translates to you don't know the club and you are not a true supporter despite abundant evidence he is woefully out of his depth and is only riding on the ex-player and legend train at the moment. Absolute nonsense!

M16Red

We've been asking for the deadwood gone and he's got rid of most of them bar 4 more players (Young, Mata, Jones, Rojo).

I think if he can get rid of them soon and hopefully find the right players to replace them.

I think people forget how poor this squad is three different managers have had their input and we're a mess

Suedesi

Let’s look at history. Moyes window was a disaster. We know that even at Everton Moyes was known for “dithering” and even know years later he talks about trying to sign Bale, Ronaldo, Fabregas in his first summer at United. Players who didn’t want to move or wanted to go to another club. Also he rejected Thiago, and panicked buy Fellaini at the last minute.

Under LVG, a very assertive and self confident man, first transfer window was extremely successful even if the players flopped. By successful I mean we got the players we wanted.

Same thing with Mourinho first window; and second window, but last window the board rejected certain things due to club values.

Now Ole, first window a disaster. It’s more then likely Ole just lacked the confidence... it takes balls to put your name and rep on deals that cost millions and it takes a certain mindset to ignore all the options and choose just one player , especially when shopping in a market where you’re not going after the stand out individual or obvious choice.
No we fecking didn't - every year Ed Woodward was touting "we can do things no other club can" and he was taken for a ride by any fecking superstar looking for a contract extension.... Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale, Toni Kroos, Sergio Ramos, Robert Lewandowski, Thiago Alcantara, Thomas Muller, Neymar, Isco, Marco Reus, Marquinhos, etc.

The moment Ronaldo was serious about a move, he called his agent who called Juve (not Ed the clown) and got the deal done the first week of June. Signed, sealed, delivered. Meanwhile Ed generated 4 fecking summers of column inches about Ronaldo back to his "home" and feeding the muppets, which is his job because clicks drive ad revenue, brand awareness and other shit that sponsors care about.

Do you remember this story? That's Ed Woodward in a nutshell.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
How long have you even “supported” United? If this rebuild is too difficult for you to stomach, go support City or Liverpool. Or better yet, Tottenham. We really don’t need half drunk gits who have never kicked a ball, much less had anything remotely intelligent to say.
I've been supporting United for over 30 years, I've got an IQ over 150, and I've played on a semi pro football team. Don't be getting mad at folks like me just because we have a thing called standards. If you enjoy mediocrity so much, why don't you go support Chorley? They seem to be of your type of football.

Rafaeldagold

We've been asking for the deadwood gone and he's got rid of most of them bar 4 more players (Young, Mata, Jones, Rojo).

I think if he can get rid of them soon and hopefully find the right players to replace them.

I think people forget how poor this squad is three different managers have had their input and we're a mess
What a great manager he is for letting go of players. Genius

Look how well we’re doing now because of it.

Steve Bruce

I've still got faith, however results need to change very swiftly. After the liverpool game, we have 5 or 6 winnable games, we need to be picking up near maximum points from these games if he is to have a shout at keeping his job IMO.

M16Red

What a great manager he is for letting go of players. Genius

Look how well we’re doing now because of it.
Did I say anywhere in my comments about him being a great manager?

There is one great manager in the EPL that is Pep, the others are just very good.

Kemizee

We can't keep sacking managers. The deficiencies in the squad are plain for all to see and that's something Solskjaer inherited. I'd say it'll take another 3 to 4 transfer windows to sort out.
Yes we can untill we get the right one. That's how other top clubs have been successful in recent times. There will be no other Fergie. Manchester United as a club need to move on with the times.

TrueRed79

Haven't scored more than one goal since the 11th August. Five wins in 20 games. Dire football. Bottom half of the table. There are certain standards you should have and he is falling below the bare minimum yet we should put our blind faith in a manager who definitely wouldn't get a job with another PL club. Yes we all know he is not the main problem but lets not kid ourselves that we should stick by with blind faith for an unproven manager.

Paula

Supports
Bayern
It does not look that bad, but the results just suck.

fergiesarmy1

Haven't scored more than one goal since the 11th August. Five wins in 20 games. Dire football. Bottom half of the table. There are certain standards you should have and he is falling below the bare minimum yet we should put our blind faith in a manager who definitely wouldn't get a job with another PL club. Yes we all know he is not the main problem but lets not kid ourselves that we should stick by with blind faith for an unproven manager.
So your in?

Revaulx

Let’s look at history. Moyes window was a disaster. We know that even at Everton Moyes was known for “dithering” and even know years later he talks about trying to sign Bale, Ronaldo, Fabregas in his first summer at United. Players who didn’t want to move or wanted to go to another club. Also he rejected Thiago, and panicked buy Fellaini at the last minute.

Under LVG, a very assertive and self confident man, first transfer window was extremely successful even if the players flopped. By successful I mean we got the players we wanted.

Same thing with Mourinho first window; and second window, but last window the board rejected certain things due to club values.

Now Ole, first window a disaster. It’s more then likely Ole just lacked the confidence... it takes balls to put your name and rep on deals that cost millions and it takes a certain mindset to ignore all the options and choose just one player , especially when shopping in a market where you’re not going after the stand out individual or obvious choice.

Example. Rodri.. replacement for Fernandinho... cost £60m. Wasn’t the obvious choice or stand out individual was probably one of 5-10 players City could have signed in that position and that style and at £60m or under.
I don’t know. If Ed’s convinced himself that this Young British Hard Working etc. strategy is the way forward, the options are going to be very limited and very expensive.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
I will contribute to the poll in January if it is still going. I get that people getting slated for wanting Ole out is a bit harsh but equally, expecting everything to be rosy if he goes has no basis. We tried it with two of the biggest names in football management at the time, spent an absolute fortune and still failed miserably in kicking on.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
I don’t know. If Ed’s convinced himself that this Young British Hard Working etc. strategy is the way forward, the options are going to be very limited and very expensive.
Exactly. The clubs policy should always be if very good young British players breakthrough then Man Utd should be the team that they step up to.... eg like with Rooney, Rio, etc but to restrict ourselves to only looking for British players to the extent where we’re chasing Longstaff stinks of Ole just trying to imitate SAF

fergiesarmy1

The end of last season is fresh in my memory and nothing much has changed seven games into the new season except we are now in the bottom half of the table this time.
We have been there before though without selling our soul and came through it ok

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Simple enough thread and in my opinion the topic deserves a poll following performances and results over the past 20 or so matches.

Performances aren't as good as we had under previous managers and neither is the win %.

Mods please can you add a poll to the thread?
Thanks for this thread so I can go on an ignore fest. Yourself included.

Spoony

The People's President
I'd get rid... But whom do we replace him with? Perhaps a manager who's not long in the tooth or wet behind the ears eh?

Ander herrera the warrior

Exactly. The clubs policy should always be if very good young British players breakthrough then Man Utd should be the team that they step up to.... eg like with Rooney, Rio, etc but to restrict ourselves to only looking for British players to the extent where we’re chasing Longstaff stinks of Ole just trying to imitate SAF
Are you sure we went after longstaff? I think if we were really went after him, we could have got him. Newcastle are not Leicester, as they have a case against selling to us.

mancave bear

Let's wait for Poch to be available.

He managed a strong one goal loss at home against Manchester United (managed by Ole). And he just lost 2-7 to Bayern Munich at home, which is a big achievement. He will make Old Trafford a real fortress.

His habit of winning everything, both as a player and as a coach, will make the trophy room at Old Trafford too small. It will have to be expanded, and the tour will last 30 minutes more : )

AlwaysRed66

Do you want to see us relegated? Performances or results don't interest you huh?

All about that Ole at the wheel sentimentality, or maybe you just want to see the club burn... who knows...
Ironically, being relegated is the one way we might get rid of the Glazers. Which certainly would be a win in the long term. Cannot see it myself, however bad we are, being relegated.

DSG

Sounds like you’re on a coke binge, sober up and come back when you stop acting like a complete pompous tit.
People who tell others who to support should seriously feck off.
I don’t know. This is like my third post on this thread, you have maybe 50? If anyone is on a coke binge, it’s the fella that can’t stop posting and has a hard time with rational thought.

I realize that your life probably revolves around the fortune of the club, but your insecurities and life challenges shouldn’t affect Ole and his task of trying to rebuild the squad.

Grow up. You have to realize that we are trying to resolve six years of madness after the most successful era of the club. It will take time and we need fans who understand that a hand that is steady on the tiller is more important than a fan who started supporting the club a decade ago and has the patience of a gnat.

I’m sure you’ll have some sort of non-clever comeback, but I’ll just leave it here. Ciao.

DSG

I've been supporting United for over 30 years, I've got an IQ over 150, and I've played on a semi pro football team. Don't be getting mad at folks like me just because we have a thing called standards. If you enjoy mediocrity so much, why don't you go support Chorley? They seem to be of your type of football.
In Florida? I believe if you are being honest with all that, you may get a medal for all of your achievements.

If you’ve truly played at semi pro level, you’ll know that this roster is bereft of quality and difference makers in the attack. Secondly, players in their mid 20s to early to mid 30s aren’t going to suddenly become top quality players (Lingard, Young, Matic, Jones, Mata, Rojo) in a new system of play. Or they are in out and out decline. Thirdly, some of our younger players look to be lower tier PL to Championship level players (Andreas, Chong, Fosu Mensah).

The young players you were hoping would become superstars have underperformed and carried a series of injuries (Martial, Rashford).

With this squad, Ole should get Manager of the Year if we manage to pip Leicester or Wolves to 6th.

DSG

Let's wait for Poch to be available.

He managed a strong one goal loss at home against Manchester United (managed by Ole). And he just lost 2-7 to Bayern Munich at home, which is a big achievement. He will make Old Trafford a real fortress.

His habit of winning everything, both as a player and as a coach, will make the trophy room at Old Trafford too small. It will have to be expanded, and the tour will last 30 minutes more : )
Best post in the entire thread.

Diabhal

I think we have to keep Ole at least for this season. Let's give him time to add players in January and next summer.

Squad is depleted, unbalanced and will take time to fix. I really don't see any manager that would do a good job with this team if Martial/Rashford/Pogba/Shaw/Bissaka are sporadically injured.

I'f we finish top 6 and young players like greenwood/gomez/chong have gotten enough time in the squad and showed development I'd be happy with this season.

Oles signings are looking much better than the previous managers and I think we should allow him at least another window and season.

Last edited by a moderator:

PoTMS

Why the feck we gave him a permanent gig when we didn't have to is anyone's guess. He's a caretaker manager whose taken us as far as he can.

Allegri or Pochettino should have a go at the hotseat. And if they fail, then so be it but they are better managers than Ole, who is not even a mediocre manager and wouldn't get a chance at any other PL team and most Championship teams. We've got shite players but we like to handicap ourself further by having a clueless manager.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Ole hasn't got a scooby doo how to methodically coach an attacking team at the top level. He's full of hot air. Saying it in interviews is one thing but it's a different story altogether putting it in practice and lo and behold, come match-day, he reverts back to the same conservative negative tactics people love to despise. But because it's Ole it's okay because he talks a good game, scored the winner in 99 etc...

What evidence have we seen on the pitch in the 9+ months he's been here that we are going to be a progressive attacking side anytime soon? All i see are the existing players going backwards, non-existent coaching & woeful in-game management time and again. I've never seen a worse Man Utd team in my life as his side. That says it all. I thought we'd hit rock bottom these past 6 years but obviously not.

To imagine another year of him is a horrifying thought indeed.

To put your faith in a miracle, which Ole definitely is now, instead of just accepting we're going nowhere and moving on before the whole season is written off yet again is...

And for those reasons i'm out...

SteveW

He tried to sign Dybala, Erikssen and Mandzukic you dope.

RedMilo

Really surprised there is a poll up already. We are what 7 games into a season. He has cleared out a few players 99% of fans wanted rid of and bought 3 players that have improved us defensively at least. Yes we are struggling for goals and the injury to Martial hasn't helped that. Its clear we are 4(ST, RW, AM & CM) players short of being a really good team but I accept the reality of the situation. Ole is on the right path, stick by him, enjoy the ride, there is going to be lots of frustrating results, we knew that, if a serial winner like Mourinho cant get us back to the top in 3 years, then it goes to show there isn't an instant fix to the situation we find ourselves in. We have to build and he is going about it the right way in my opinion. Buying players that want to play here, emphasis on quick transitional play and a cultural change that was badly needed. Im not happy about the start, no fan can be, but he knows what needs to be done.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
That's a terribly long way of saying you don't know who you would pick as alternatives, and likely don't fully understand what they'll even be doing at the club, like the rest of us.

Very true, knows just about enough to have a whinge. :lol:
So you think that these guys whose 'impressive' resume include Cardiff, Melbourne and the Bahrain are the best we can get? When you consider the experience of these guys added to that of the likes of Ole, Carrick, Woodward and Mckenna then no wonder why the club seem clueless

Last edited:

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Did I say anywhere in my comments about him being a great manager?

There is one great manager in the EPL that is Pep, the others are just very good.
Some are a bit shit as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.