Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yakuza_devils

Klopps first full season at Liverpool
Net spend - minus 5m
Position - 4th

Second season
Net spend - minus 24m
Position - 4th, champions league runner ups

Third season
Net spend - 127m
Position - 2nd, champions league winners

We all know how the 4th season has been without any signings.

These stats is for those that compare Ole to Klopp. These stats is for those that think the 150m spent on players and the 70m net spend is not enough to make us challenge for top 4. These stats is for those that think no manager can do well with the board we have since they won't back the manager with adequate funds. These stats is for those that think Ole spent the budget wisely. These stats us for those that think our rebuild us going at it should be and there is significant progress.
Excellent post!

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
It's mind boggling that I woke up today and he's still the manager.
He's bullet-proof, at least until the end of season. It's staggering how journos are so quiet on him, we used to see a couple of articles every week on van Gaal and Mourinho on how they weren't good enough. With Solskjaer, it's back to Moyes days i.e. all about giving him time.

My biggest worry is him somehow lasting through all of this and starting the next-season still at helm :nervous:

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
What do people expect by sacking another coach? A miracle?

Thats like firing a chefcook because he cant make a restaurant quality dish with rotten groceries
I would hire that chef. He could not do worse job than Ole.

AC1689

Excellent post!
Trying to convince any ‘Ole In’ cultist that he should be sacked is like trying to convince a devout Christian or Muslim (or any religion) that god doesn’t exist.

There is zero evidence to suggest such a figure exists but they believe it anyway. There is zero evidence to suggest Ole is right for the job and is doing a good job, but they believe it anyway.

It’s beyond delusion now.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He's bullet-proof, at least until the end of season. It's staggering how journos are so quiet on him, we used to see a couple of articles every week on van Gaal and Mourinho on how they weren't good enough. With Solskjaer, it's back to Moyes days i.e. all about giving him time.

My biggest worry is him somehow lasting through all of this and starting the next-season still at helm :nervous:
Not just journos. Except Rio all our pundits protecting him. Keane, Scholes and Neville were so cocky and vocal in trashing Jose and Lvg but looked them now. They are protecting Ole with all weapons.

UpWithRivers

Anyone that wants to keep Ole now. Fans, past players, board are off their heads. How sht does a manager have to be before he is sacked. Blows my mind. Why keep him? Why? Because a new manager might not be able to do any better. Thats like going to the same restaurant over and over because what if you go to another and its worse. You are literally eating sht because you are too scared to change. Yes need a DOF, need new owners, sack Woody etc. But the fkn house is burning to the ground. Lets deal with the fire and worry about the structure and the rest of it tommorow.

Giggsyking

Usual scouse oppos voting keep and wumming every thread as they wish. This place is almost a mirror for the state of the club.
Yes opposition fans want him here, we should ban them from voting.

laughtersassassin

Can we get an option for sack now and get a caretaker. But a caretaker that we won't hire not matter how good he does. Cheers

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
I'm still keep. Nothing changed. Still the same arguments for and against. He need backing. Our squad is not good enough but has huge potential. Most expensive shit squad probably in history of the game. Still 5+/- players need getting rid of. Players gone/going need replacing with quality/prospects. That not happening still isn't on Ole alone. There's no quick fix imo. Will take the rest of this and probably next season, at least, to have us competing for 1st. New manager imo won't change this.

Irwin99

Wow, just seen the new poll. I very much doubt any manager could turn this around now even when the gap is only 6 points. The squad is too thin, even if we bought 2 players in this window it wouldn't cover the deficiencies.

The planning for this season was utterly atrocious. Even if we somehow fluke top 4 or a trophy it won't change my mind that buying two defenders and a 19 yer old championship winger was somehow a good plan when we lost an experienced striker and two midfielders. We're extremely LUCKY to be in 5th place.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20

Thats like firing a chefcook because he cant make a restaurant quality dish with rotten groceries
It’s really not. It’s firing your dads mate who does a street barbecue in the summer from working as a chef in a five star restaurant, after giving the whole place food poisoning.

Sure, the ingredients are from Tescos, and standards have slipped, but a real chef could still produce something edible, even pleasant.

The manager is the most important role, by far. Liverpool’s owners only look good because they stumbled across the right manager. Levy only looked smart and organised because he stumbled across the right manager.

I don’t understand how people can look at the squad and compare it to the teams around us, and still defend Ole. It’s an awful performance over a year, one that actually hints at incompetence, it’s so bad.

Last edited:

John Blund

Again, when the totals are not working in our favor despite shoveling 130m in the defence then I don't really care about individual stats. Something considered hard for some doesn't apply here when you can't get the basics right.

You are a top dribbler but can't hit a barn door, who cares about the first then?

I'd rather have us 6th from open play and 6th defending set pieces rather than 2nd from open play and 20th defending set pieces.
If you're a top dribbler but can't hit a barn door, then you've found your weakness and know what you need to work on. It's very specific, and it should be much easier to get better. If you just isn't good enough in any part of your game, then you got one hell of a job in front of you. Like for Pereira, god knows what he's good at, and for me he'll never be good enough for a side challenging for the title in any of the top leagues. "Pereira, go be smarter, play the ball faster, learn to read the game better, shot better, make good runs!". That won't work. For Mason Greenwood, it seems to be easier; "Mason, go gain some muscle weight, continue making those runs and you'll get there. We know you can't expect much service with the support from Pereira and JLingz, but they wont be here next season!".

We can't fix all the problems we have in our team at once, but it helps to narrow the problems down. In October/November, we couldn't create chances. We're better at that now. We even managed to fix that without chopping Pereira. God knows how.
December was a half-decent month. Now in January, we've not managed to set enough of our chances. Martial doesn't look like he'll get there for us. James looks like he needs a rest. Pereira doesn't look like he has the qualities you'd expect from a United player.

Smores

Quite simply they expect this squad to be better coached. I don't think anyone even those spouting it actually believe that Ole is getting the maximum out of this lot.

There's still an open question on whether Ole with a top top team could achieve titles. I'd actually say he could as plenty of average managers have in the past. However if you're picking a manager to take you forward it should be one who hasn't already shown his coaching limitations.

Judas

Open to offers
There's managers out there who can teach these mugs how to defend a set piece. We can't even do the basics right, how anyone can think this squad won't be improved with an actual experienced manager is bonkers.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Honestly, not liking any of those options. If hes sacked now (or at the end of the season) that means Woody and co are let of the hook once again.

Ideally, Ole should resign on his own and then tell the world what a shitshow this club is. Maybe then Woody and the Glazers could be forced out

TRUERED89

It’s really not. It’s firing your dads mate who does a street barbecue in the summer from working as a chef in a five star restaurant, after giving the whole place food poisoning.

Sure, the ingredients are from Tescos, and standards have slipped, but a real chef could still produce something edible, even pleasant.

Don’t believe me? Look at the German just down the road!
The german has real ingredients, unlike the manure we're passing off as edible!

NJM78

Well maybe getting knocked out of FA cup and League cup will hopefully seal his fate because this is exactly what I see happening.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

We don't need miracle. We need coach who can make the team play better than it's sum, something that should be expected from every coach.

Eleven-Eighteen

If you're a top dribbler but can't hit a barn door, then you've found your weakness and know what you need to work on. It's very specific, and it should be much easier to get better. If you just isn't good enough in any part of your game, then you got one hell of a job in front of you. Like for Pereira, god knows what he's good at, and for me he'll never be good enough for a side challenging for the title in any of the top leagues. "Pereira, go be smarter, play the ball faster, learn to read the game better, shot better, make good runs!". That won't work. For Mason Greenwood, it seems to be easier; "Mason, go gain some muscle weight, continue making those runs and you'll get there. We know you can't expect much service with the support from Pereira and JLingz, but they wont be here next season!".

We can't fix all the problems we have in our team at once, but it helps to narrow the problems down. In October/November, we couldn't create chances. We're better at that now. We even managed to fix that without chopping Pereira. God knows how.
December was a half-decent month. Now in January, we've not managed to set enough of our chances. Martial doesn't look like he'll get there for us. James looks like he needs a rest. Pereira doesn't look like he has the qualities you'd expect from a United player.
Have to agree with this. As shit as our midfield is, Fred stepping up, Mata coming in and Matic making a few decent forward passes every game means that we're creating more chances. Call me crazy but i even see a glimmer of improvement in AWB's crossing.

With Rash gone the problem seems to have moved to finishing. Martial is awful and i don't understand why. How can a player who is so good with the ball at his feet not be able to sort out his legs fast enough to get a shot off in time, or connect when a ball does come his way.

Pereira's shots from outside the box are just laughable. And our set pieces...the less said the better

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
The german has real ingredients, unlike the manure we're passing off as edible!
The team is nowhere near as bad as they are being made out to be. They are 3 players away from being one of the top teams in the division. The same can’t be said for Burnley, Newcastle, Southampton and Sheffield United who all sit next to us in the table!!

He has better ingredients than all of them. There is no way a competent coach would have served up what he did last night. It was abysmal.

fergiesarmy1

What's the point of sacking Ole with Woodward and Judge still in charge of strategy and recruitment?

That is repeating a failed experiment the exact same way expecting new results.
This is where I am. A big name manager would just throw his toys out the prom ala Jose once he realises he’s working for muppets who haven’t a clue what they are doing.

Dong Fangzhuo

I hear you, but what if Poch and Allegri aren't available in the summer?
Then hopefully we go after Nagelsmann or Rose or some other progressive young coach. I don't want Allegri at all and am lukewarm on Poch anyway.

Ideally we'd sack him now and have an interim see out the season with no intention of giving him the job full time while we conduct a proper search for the next guy (basically last year's plan that we kneejerk scrapped). Not sure I trust edwood to do that though.

steffyr2

I'm still keep. Nothing changed. Still the same arguments for and against. He need backing. Our squad is not good enough but has huge potential. Most expensive shit squad probably in history of the game. Still 5+/- players need getting rid of. Players gone/going need replacing with quality/prospects. That not happening still isn't on Ole alone. There's no quick fix imo. Will take the rest of this and probably next season, at least, to have us competing for 1st. New manager imo won't change this.
Utd isn't entitled to win always and everything.
When Mourinho had us in 2nd, there was no support for him or the team. Just endless bitching.
So now we have Ole and a 3 year project....well, we're still in year 1.
Keep him. This is what the fans wanted. A nice guy who never said anything negative about anyone ever.
If we go somewhere in 3 years, that will be good. If we spend 3 years not doing much of anything, perhaps people will be a bit more appreciative the next time we win things and are in 2nd place.

Judas

Open to offers
I too want someone like Nagelsmann or Rose, but I don't think we've got a board brave enough to go for anyone but the obvious choice which is Poch. To be fair, you need so much change all through the club it feels exhausting just thinking about any of it.

Castia

We’ve given Ole enough ingredients to have a better record than Burnley during his tenure. Lost more games than he’s won in the league? come on It’s joke.

TrueRed79

45 people want to keep and let him rebuild? :lol: :lol: Are you lot sadists by any chance. Feck me, he's absolutely terrible!!! Wake up you idiots.

The Bloody-Nine

Ed's not going to sack him. We have to hope the owners get off their asses and get rid of both Woody and Ole.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I too want someone like Nagelsmann or Rose, but I don't think we've got a board brave enough to go for anyone but the obvious choice which is Poch. To be fair, you need so much change all through the club it feels exhausting just thinking about any of it.
Nagelsman would be my first choice as well. Very impressive CV for such a young coach. What bothers me though is this

1) If Ole is sacked and blamed for this calamity then it means Woody and co gets off the hook yet again and none of the underlying problems will be resolved. Squad will still be shit and thin, Glazers will keep leeching money from the club and investment will still be far less than it needs to be
2) I have zero confidence that Woody and the board manages to hire a good coach. Barely a year a go we went through the same shite with Jose
3) Would any decent coach actually want to take this job?

I said it earlier in the thread, but is Poch is appointed and somehow manages to turn these mugs into league winners i would happily eat my own words. I would be thrilled, but i dont see that happening under the current regime. The Glazers needs to feck off and so does Woody and his cronies.

izec

I would love to get a new guy in, but ultimately, it wont happen until the end of the season at best. I think he may start the new season as well, but the lack of spending in January tells me as well that the board might have given up on him as well.

Handsome Devil

Honestly, not liking any of those options. If hes sacked now (or at the end of the season) that means Woody and co are let of the hook once again.

Ideally, Ole should resign on his own and then tell the world what a shitshow this club is. Maybe then Woody and the Glazers could be forced out
The trouble is, they couldn't give less than a sh*T. They will keep milking this cash cow until its udders start to bleed, or until somebody makes them an outrageous offer they just can't refuse. Can't see any of those scenarios anytime soon.
And Ole will never do that. If anything, he may be feeling overwhelmed now but feels between a rock and a hard place.
There is probably some gagging order which prevents ex-managers whistleblowing, or a golden handshake at least. Otherwise there would be loads of spill-all books hitting the shelves.
I mean, it has taken all this time for former players and pundits to voice concern - Neville and Rio.

Status
Not open for further replies.