Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

theklr

Ole is doing an adequate job. United's problem is the paper-thin and young squad, and it's evidently a decision to risk punting on this season to build for the future

The issue is, Ole is doing an adequate job. He's not shown anything that makes you think he might do better than that. So the question is, is an adequate manager good enough for United?
That question answers itself, doesnt it.

Adequate players can be lifted up by good managers and adequate managers can be lifted up by good players.

We dont have a good manager and we dont have good players (they are all injured).

It pains me to say it, but all those injuries really shows his limitations.
Every manager could get result with our best XI, but it is in these times a manager really shows what he's made of.

We need Pochettino or Allegri, and we need new players.

Hopefully, the pressure will get so high that the board gives in and hires Poch while giving him full control over transfers, but it is very unlikely unfortunately.

TheHeya

Club legend, yes.
As a manager he is clueless and out of his depth. He’ll be gone in the summer

John Blund

Again, many teams set up like that against us because they don't have the capacity to score from open play against better players. And against us is working.

If you are 2nd in one defensive category and 20th in another you are still average at it and probably regressed all things considered (130m poured in).

And how it is easier to fix and then you say for 13 months he hasn't fixed it and it's even getting worse?

Our biggest problem since March is having an incompetent manager. You can dilly-dally here and there and put a positive spin in certain areas, but the fact remains he's League One standard and no time or Woodward getting world class players in will help a soon to be 47 years old manager become a world beater.
If you're the 2nd best in the league defending from open play, that makes you rather good at defending.
Fixing a defense that struggles against the open play, is usually considered hard because there are so many variations you'll have to account for in the open play. On set-pieces, you can pretty much train for every scenario. Clearly we've not figured it out yet, and I don't believe it is Ole that does the set-piece training himself, but he is the one to blame if our current training regime doesn't work.
I don't believe we started too many "world class" players yesterday. I don't believe any of the players we started yesterday would be guaranteed a starting spot in Leceister, Chelsea, or Spurs. Arsenal would take our CBs, in any condition.

Aresma7

I have been Ole in for some time, but that blind faith in Pereira has made me lose all patience

passing-wind

I can’t belive no one is factoring in the amount of injuries we have had to crucial players this season in their assessment of Ole. I am sure they have absolutely nothing to do with our current form.

If we were performing like this with everybody available, I would understand the scathing criticism coming from seemingly everybody. But at the moment we have crucial players missing and many games on the schedule.

Ole needs players. He hasn’t been brilliant so far, but I think most managers would struggle to get the team scoring freely whilst relying on the likes of Pereira and Lingard. Besides, we have much bigger problems that I would rather we attend to first.
Tired of hearing this same nonsense, to start the season with our full first team in our opening 3 games (9 points) we took a sum total of 4 points (W1 D1 L1). Solskjaer has had this team perform inconsistently with no injuries and exactly the same with injuries. It's a lazy excuse to suggest injuries have had a massive impact on our season. He is just as inept no matter if our best players are available. Anyone backing Solskjaer has to be devoid of any sense at this point.

Enigma_87

You know who
If you're the 2nd best in the league defending from open play, that makes you rather good at defending.
Fixing a defense that struggles against the open play, is usually considered hard because there are so many variations you'll have to account for in the open play. On set-pieces, you can pretty much train for every scenario. Clearly we've not figured it out yet, and I don't believe it is Ole that does the set-piece training himself, but he is the one to blame if our current training regime doesn't work.
I don't believe we started too many "world class" players yesterday. I don't believe any of the players we started yesterday would be guaranteed a starting spot in Leceister, Chelsea, or Spurs. Arsenal would take our CBs, in any condition.
Again, when the totals are not working in our favor despite shoveling 130m in the defence then I don't really care about individual stats. Something considered hard for some doesn't apply here when you can't get the basics right.

You are a top dribbler but can't hit a barn door, who cares about the first then?

I'd rather have us 6th from open play and 6th defending set pieces rather than 2nd from open play and 20th defending set pieces.

NJM78

Hopefully today is the day. Maybe they keep him though until the break so he can manage us to a few more defeats first.

Last edited:

Sparky Rhiwabon

He's looking like a Glazers / Woodward puppet at the moment, criticising the fans for singing about Woodward out and saying all the right (but wrong) things in interviews like "the lads are working hard", "great squad / bunch of lads", "going in the right direction" etc

BlackBen

How’s he still here? Can we have the “Ole Goner Solskjaer Sack Watch” thread already!

Ixion

I read he's lost more games than he's won here which is crazy given its been over a year.

MS4

What do people expect by sacking another coach? A miracle?

Thats like firing a chefcook because he cant make a restaurant quality dish with rotten groceries

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
It's mind boggling that I woke up today and he's still the manager.
Even if we sack him what comes next?

Honestly, what top manager would take over at Man Utd? If I was Pochettino I would not take the job. Pochettino's a very good manager but, lets be frank, he's not going to be able to turn Andreas into Ronaldinho. Mata is not suddenly going to get the pace of Usain Bolt etc

This is the worst Manchester United squad in the Premier League era and there are no signs that the club wants to fundamentally rebuild it. We've signed a handful of players in the last few windows. We've got a bunch of kids on the bench that, frankly, besides Greenwood, haven't even shown they're the level of Adnan Januzaj.

I'm not pretending that Ole is a tactical genius. There are better managers out there. Much better managers actually. However, you would have to be a f'n alchemist to turn this shower of s-t into gold.

If Pochettino becomes United manager, without heavy investment, he risks wrecking his reputation. Even if he does a great job the summit of realistic ambition, with these players, is fourth place and a cup. As a United fan that makes me sick.

robinrooney

Was never qualified for the job and it is showing now.

The first 3 months were amazing but once his only game plan was worked out we have been atrocious.

Alarm bells should have been ringing towards the end of last season. The failure to beat Cardiff/Huddersfield was a sign of things to come.

He is not the main problem but he is clearly not the right man to get us out of this mess.

I'm tired of hearing the crap he comes out with post match

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
There's absolutely zero continuity in the squad that I feel sorry for him.

He started out imagining his attack to be built around Rashford and Martial with Pobga supporting them. Then Martial got injured and Pogba got injured. Then he rebuilt a functional midfield around Fred and McTominay only to see McTominay get injured. Then he patched up with Fred and Matic and now Rashford is out.

Its one calamity after another and this kind of shit doesn't happen without some kind of underinvestment in the medical department. Leicester and Liverpool play at a similar intensity and they have players like Vardy, Mane and Salah play week in/week out without any issues.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Would ideally want him gone ASAP but voted option 2, reason being I'd like us to have all options available to us when picking the next manager rather than being forced to pick from Poch and Allegri only.
I hear you, but what if Poch and Allegri aren't available in the summer?

Fredo

You broke my heart!
70% wants to sack Ole here, wow!

We nagged about coaches not using youth, Ole did just that but some of our youngsters are not ready and we are lacking leaders in the squad. Any new manager that will come in will look to ship players like Lingard, Rojo, Jones, Perreira etc, so whether it is Ole or someone else, a rebuild is needed, signings are needed, I prefer to have an off-season where I see what our players are all about (we all nagged that Andreas never had playing time, this year he did and he confirmed his status as being not good enough, other players too), then plan the rebuild. Never forget that we also have a cnut of a player in Pogba whose situation is not clear and that was the player Ole looked to build the team around this season, so plenty of changes to expect, plenty of disappointing results YES, but come next season, so many players of this squad will not be here.

Enigma_87

You know who

We nagged about coaches not using youth, Ole did just that but some of our youngsters are not ready and we are lacking leaders in the squad. Any new manager that will come in will look to ship players like Lingard, Rojo, Jones, Perreira etc, so whether it is Ole or someone else, a rebuild is needed, signings are needed, I prefer to have an off-season where I see what our players are all about (we all nagged that Andreas never had playing time, this year he did and he confirmed his status as being not good enough, other players too), then plan the rebuild. Never forget that we also have a cnut of a player in Pogba whose situation is not clear and that was the player Ole looked to build the team around this season, so plenty of changes to expect, plenty of disappointing results YES, but come next season, so many players of this squad will not be here.
It's actually 86%(some chose after the season is done). Rest are opposition fans and deluded bunch.

RedBanker

I love you Ole

The real surprise is that only 70pct want him gone now!

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
I would agree on that but with this squad, I'm skeptical.

Some of our players look at times uncoachable.
Never underestimate the difference that a good manager/coach can make. You just have to look at teams lower in the league such as Norwich, Southampton and Sheffield United to see very well coached teams. If we had that level of coaching applied to our considerably better players then we'd look far better than we do right now.

Alabaster Codify7

The worm is turning. As it should.

The manager and coaches play a huge part in a football team's performances.

Let's take Liverpool 2019/20. Arguably one of the most dominant teams the league has seen. If you replaced Klopp and his team with someone like, I dunno, Chris Hughton from the Championship I guarantee that Liverpool team would currently be around 15pts worse off and would have lost 4-5 games this season, if not more.

Ole is a Championship calibre manager and his coaching staff the same. We could spend £500m in the summer on new signings and I guarantee we would still be scrapping for 4-6th position next season and those same signings would look like a waste of money.

Why? Because our manager and coaches are not good enough to take them to the next level. This is our ceiling under this management team. It is that simple.

Get him out.

Enigma_87

You know who
The worm is turning. As it should.

The manager and coaches play a huge part in a football team's performances.

Let's take Liverpool 2019/20. Arguably one of the most dominant teams the league has seen. If you replaced Klopp and his team with someone like, I dunno, Chris Hughton from the Championship I guarantee that Liverpool team would currently be around 15pts worse off and would have lost 4-5 games this season, if not more.

Ole is a Championship calibre manager and his coaching staff the same. We could spend £500m in the summer on new signings and I guarantee we would still be scrapping for 4-6th position next season and those same signings would look like a waste of money.

Why? Because our manager and coaches are not good enough to take them to the next level. This is our ceiling under this management team. It is that simple.

Get him out.
He's not. He would've relegated Cardiff from the Championship despite heavy investment in the Summer. He's tin pot league (Norway) level or League One at best.

shaky

I voted for keep Ole. I understand the sack him now voters. I don't get the "keep him till summer, then sack him" viewpoint though. If we are going to sack him, surely there is no point in delaying the start of a new manager's era?

AnotherDayIsToday

Sack him and buy out "Julian Nagelsmann " from Leipzig he is the best manager in the world. Ohh I forgot United are broke and spineless.

Status
Not open for further replies.