Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralph1386

Can you explain what is wrong with what he said?
He's comparing himself to a better and more proven manager who had a track record at Dortmund to back up his claim.
It's not because SAF or Klopp were given time that every single manager deserves times.
(It really hurts to criticise a club legend who gave us many great memories. :( )

Ralph1386

It will make zero difference if Ole is sacked or not. The glazers and woodward are the problem. Keep changing the manager that's the answer for some, especially those idiots on some of the YouTube sites. AWB and Fred are useless according to some on there, my god, what are these people watching? Do they get football?
Woodward and the Glazers are the main problem. But an unqualified manager is not the solution. Sadly, no manager will be properly backed by them in the transfer market because we are run like a business, not a football club.

But there are more qualified managers out there who can coach and get more out of these players. Even with the injuries, we are better on paper than a lot of the teams we lost against (Newcastle, Burnley etc...).

AC1689

He's comparing himself to a better and more proven manager who had a track record at Dortmund to back up his claim.
It's not because SAF or Klopp were given time that every single manager deserves times.
(It really hurts to criticise a club legend who gave us many great memories. :( )
This. Plus the fact he’s basically justifying the club giving him at least 4 years regardless of how woeful we are, just because “Jurgen”

Mr. Christian

Are you saying Ole is the best manager we can get that will get the most out of these players? In other words have we hot the best manager in the world?
Your comments are hillarious!
“Get the most out of these players”.
Didn’t we have Mourinho! Even he couldn’t get the most out of these players. There’s a reason for this. Half the team falls well short of being anywhere near the standard!
One summer ain’t gonna fix things. It’s already come out that Woodward was blocking Mourinho transfers, so the problem isn’t exactly on the managerial front. The team is crap!

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
I don't want Ole to stay because I think he's good enough. I almost want him to stay now because he's not. The club needs to fall further than 5th and 6th to see real change. Needs must. No cracks to be papered over for me. Ole in (for now i must stress). He won't last a week under a more competent board and rightly so.

I'm not buying into a new manager and new start again. Been here too many times now and nothing ever changes. We are no further on 6 and bit years later. Fans need to realise this. Woodward n Glazers will consume Poch and spit him back out.

Mainoldo

I don't want Ole to stay because I think he's good enough. I almost want him to stay now because he's not. The club needs to fall further than 5th and 6th to see real change. Needs must. No cracks to be papered over for me. Ole in (for now i must stress). He won't last a week under a more competent board and rightly so.

I'm not buying into a new manager and new start again. Been here too many times now and nothing ever changes. We are no further on 6 and bit years later. Fans need to realise this. Woodward n Glazers will consume Poch and spit him back out.
Have we ever hired an attacking coach?

Shark

@NotShark

It just keeps on getting worse. You simply can’t deny the guy is totally deluded at this point.
Never in my wildest dreams would I have said United would make the exact same mistake only 6 years after sacking David Moyes, but here we are again. It was the exact same near the end of his reign too, banging on about how he needs time and probably the same fans sticking by him. Arrogant comments about how SAF would have failed with that squad. It’s only going to get worse and worse from here, after all we’re only 10 points from relegation.

Shark

@NotShark
This. Plus the fact he’s basically justifying the club giving him at least 4 years regardless of how woeful we are, just because “Jurgen”
It’s like it came straight from David Moyes’ mouth. He thought he’d see out his entire 6 year contract while he turns us into Everton.

AC1689

He was actually correct. I do hope however that he realises the extension must be earned through progress and current performance
Well yes, he is correct in his statement that Jurgen took 4 years. However, to then use this as a direct link to his own tenure, as if to say he should be afforded the same amount of time, is absurd. So hopefully people can see that given 4 years, Ole will have us winning the UCL (2 finals in consecutive seasons too) and the PL?

It is a ridiculous comment let's be honest. Any failing manager could say this, and therefore should be handed at least 4 years (or so) to bring their so called success. So we are only to judge him in 2023? Even if we finish 10th or lower, let us just wait until 2023, it is only fair right?

I really do despair at times with some of the things he comes out with these days. But what astounds me even more than this, is when our fans lap it up and hang on every word he says like he is some kind of superior celestial being.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

Have you ever seen what difference managerials changes makes at other clubs? It's only at United we have this romantic stick by your manager notion when they are not performing. The Ole Out crowd recognizes the problems beyond the manager, but there is no sane reason to think that Ole is the best man in the world to manage Man Utd.

Greck

He probably read that one on the internet. it didn't take Klopp 4 years to build this team. This is an idiot assertion. What took 4 years was people taking them serious. Liverpool were amazing by the start of 2017/18. That was how they were one van Dijk away from being a powerhouse. They didn't get good out of nowhere

Last edited:

Smores

I really feel for the guy, he's had to work with one of the weakest squads we've had in years, lost his 'star' player for most of the season, had several other of his better players injured for spells (McTominay, Martial, Rashford). Has had no real recruitment (it looks like he had to sell players before recruiting new ones). He really is under pressure from the media, and some of the fans, so what can he do. I've seen this happen a few times now through the years, and we always come back by giving a manager time to build something, but unfortunately nowadays people want instant success, that is very difficult to achieve unless you throw £millions at it, which the current owners patently will not.
It's not the weakest squad we've had in years not at all.

I hated LvG but his team was way worse than this and got it to perform better albeit in terribly boring fashion. Even the Jose team wasn't much better it edges it because he made use of Lukaku rather than dumping him but he had a worse defence and similar quality midfield.

Pogba being injured is his only really genuine complaint from that list of excuses but it's not like we haven't played badly with him in the team either.

Smores

Liverpool fans used to say this relentlessly, oddly you don't hear them complain so much anymore.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Have you ever seen what difference managerials changes makes at other clubs? It's only at United we have this romantic stick by your manager notion when they are not performing. The Ole Out crowd recognizes the problems beyond the manager, but there is no sane reason to think that Ole is the best man in the world to manage Man Utd.
I don't know how else I can express what I said? Read what I said. There are lots of better managers out there than Ole but it will count for nothing. Jose n LVG are streets ahead of Ole. What happened there?

Rolaholic

It just keeps on getting worse. You simply can’t deny the guy is totally deluded at this point.
Klopp had also proven to be a world class manager in a top 3 league in Europe...hence why he was afforded time and he also instantly improved their football upon arrival.

Every season they got better under him and you could see an identity and set style developing. It's been a year on with Ole in charge and can we say the same for him to justify having him lead a long term rebuild?

Dr. StrangeHate

It will make zero difference if Ole is sacked or not. The glazers and woodward are the problem. Keep changing the manager that's the answer for some, especially those idiots on some of the YouTube sites. AWB and Fred are useless according to some on there, my god, what are these people watching? Do they get football?
If we had gotten Klopp we would be in Liverpool's position. Klopp is what changed everything there. We have the money, just not the right manager.
Woodward and Glazers aren't great but they still invested decent amounts until recently. It is the managers they hired that got the wrong players in.

wolvored

Can you explain what is wrong with what he said?
The fact that he has been in the job 13 months and it looks more like a shit show now after his transfers in and out than it did when he started.

passing-wind

Solskjaer just doesn't come across as being very intelligent when he makes these silly comparisons.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
I don't know how else I can express what I said? Read what I said. There are lots of better managers out there than Ole but it will count for nothing. Jose n LVG are streets ahead of Ole. What happened there?
They did a shit job. They spent loads of money on players who nearly all failed here.

wolvored

Fergie showed in Scotland and in Europe he could build a team to win big trophies. Klopp did the same in Germany and Europe showed he could compete at the top. Ole has already previous experience of managing in the premier and failed miserably. That's the difference.

Fredo

You broke my heart!
The fact that he has been in the job 13 months and it looks more like a shit show now after his transfers in and out than it did when he started.
Yeah 13 months and only got 3 signings, what the feck were you expecting? a place in the CL final with Lingard, Young, Lukaku etc. on board?

Klopp's finishes with liverpool:

Season 1: 8th
Season 2: 4th
Season 3: 4th
Season 4: 2nd

And that is your "world class" manager right there. If you want a coach who celebrates a 2-2 draw with Stoke go support liverpool.

Ole needs time to build and the board will give him that, every coach we get and sack and then start nagging "he did not have time to build, etc''. Someone has to clean up this squad and Ole is doing just that, but you just can't get rid of everyone because it is not so easy to get replacements when each club wants to double/triple their players' price when we are involved.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
They did a shit job. They spent loads of money on players who nearly all failed here.
About 4 months ago Jose Mourinho hinted in an interview he had no say on Fred coming to the club. Might be why he didn't pick him for months too.

THEY are Woodward and co. Wake up.

redshaw

This Klopp argument can be applied to every manager in the history of football, even Garry Neville.

First Klopp had the achievements and experience to be given time. After 12 months there he had them scoring for fun and went on to 78 goals in his second season with only one transfer window. We're on course to score about 50-56 in Ole's second season

Ole has been here only 9 weeks less than Klopp (Oct) Ole (Dec) before you see huge improvements under Klopp, both had 1 window.

Our attack is absolutely broken even with a flying Rashford. We're not really better than LVG''s insipid second season scoring 49 goals. Lots of possession but nothing to show for it.

We won't regularly mix it with the top teams coming up with 50-60 goals a season

Mainoldo

Never in my wildest dreams would I have said United would make the exact same mistake only 6 years after sacking David Moyes, but here we are again. It was the exact same near the end of his reign too, banging on about how he needs time and probably the same fans sticking by him. Arrogant comments about how SAF would have failed with that squad. It’s only going to get worse and worse from here, after all we’re only 10 points from relegation.
:lol: :lol: :lol:. It’s so bad you have to laugh. I really did think we dodged a lucky escape with Moyes. But boom... here we are again. We’ll probably hire Gus Hiddick to replace him.

Mainoldo

About 4 months ago Jose Mourinho hinted in an interview he had no say on Fred coming to the club. Might be why he didn't pick him for months too.

THEY are Woodward and co. Wake up.
18 months before that he was bragging about how he loved Brazilian’s and a Brazilian would be perfect for United. But maybe he was talking about Neymar and we got him Fred. How pathetic of us.:smirk:

James Ward

4 years, Am i reading that right!!! He shouldn't be given four more days with his brutal 4-2-3-1 formation and refuses to change it.

He is not a proven manager. Bring in Poch.

He can't even adapt the team to a different formation after the injuries.

OLE OUT!!!!!

el3mel

If he thinks he's going to get 4 years here with such performance he's delusional. I remember I was replaying to someone here who was thinking Ole's risking his job by playing youngsters because he cares more about the future of the club. He's not risking anything, he's simply deluded and thinking he'll have many years to do what he wants regardless of present results. LVG and Moyes thought the same too and ended up getting the sack.

sparx99

He was actually correct. I do hope however that he realises the extension must be earned through progress and current performance
You could see Klopp's style almost right away when he took over. His results in the League took a while to turn around but a fairly solid cup performance. We wouldn't have sacked Klopp had he finished 8th in a broken season and then 4th twice as we have shown CL qualification is often key to us sacking a manager.

Oct2015 - 2016 - Finished 8th. Lost League Cup Final. Lost Europa League final.
2016-17 - Finished 4th.
2017-18 - Finished 4th. Lost CL Final to Real Madrid.
2018-19 - Finished 2nd. Won CL.
2019-20 - Title almost certain and as good a chance as anybody in the CL and FA Cup.

Roboc7

Probably shouldn’t compare himself to Klopp, he’s already way behind the curve and that’s only going to get worse over time. He must be close to losing more games in the Premier League than Klopp has already.

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

If we had gotten Klopp we would be in Liverpool's position. Klopp is what changed everything there. We have the money, just not the right manager.
Woodward and Glazers aren't great but they still invested decent amounts until recently. It is the managers they hired that got the wrong players in.
Can you imagine Klopp being given the 500 million Euros (net spend) LvG and Mou were afforded? And the worst thing about it is that Klopp brings to the table the type of football United are renown for. It's about making the right choice at the right time. That's why all this nonsense about having already tried proven managers makes my blood boil. It's also kind of funny how the gist of Moyes' infamous quote about Ferguson struggling with the team, for which he was unequivocally lambasted, is being perceived as a legitimate excuse for another manager 6 years later. It's gonna take time, we know it but, in the meantime, applying some variety to your "pass the ball directly to Martial and if that doesn't work, try to work out a triangle in the wide areas or give it to Rashy" plan wouldn't hurt. But, hey, we'll be playing our second CL final in a row in 2023, so cheer up.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Your comments are hillarious!
“Get the most out of these players”.
Didn’t we have Mourinho! Even he couldn’t get the most out of these players. There’s a reason for this. Half the team falls well short of being anywhere near the standard!
One summer ain’t gonna fix things. It’s already come out that Woodward was blocking Mourinho transfers, so the problem isn’t exactly on the managerial front. The team is crap!
My comments weren't halarious in September when I made them, and they aren't halarious now. You don't think a good manager can get more out of players do you not? Interesting. So what we see now is the best we're going to get with these players? Ole is getting the most possible put of them? He's the Right man for the job and it is down to them being crap? Man for man how do you rate us against Leicester? Truthfully

jamesjimmybyrondean

I want him gone. He's meant for low tier teams like Moyes. But look how much attention the Glazers and Ed are finally getting under Ole's incompetence. If this is what it takes to get those feckers out or change the structure then so be it. A new manager will undoubtedly do better but that will just make the Glazers and Ed live to see another day.

Cloud7

Between this and the regular usage of SAF, no manager anywhere in world football should be accountable until 4-6 years have gone, because they could end up being the best manager in the world as well.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Ole is not for one minute suggesting that because Herr Klopp got x-amount of years that he should get the same, more that the guy widely regarded as the best in the business needed that time - in short, have some friggin patience, Rome wasn't built in a day!
Yeah I'm sure we'll finish top four this season, and reach the CL final next season, and win it the following season, and be unbeaten at the top of the PL the following season with a record points tally.

Status
Not open for further replies.