Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RedNed77

LVG bought us CL football. A notable improvement on Moyes. With time and The right players who knows maybe we might have seen his total football get implemented in a way that led to goals.

Mourinho bought us trophies and 2nd place. With time and his type of players who knows maybe we might have become competitive against Liverpool and City. But with a team of 28-32 year olds.

The difference between the above two and Ole is that they both got success... they both showed improvement in different ways. They both had a case for more time and money based not only on their history but also what they did at the club.

We might not agree with it. For example I think LVG deserved more time and money, but I don’t think Mourinho deserved more time and money. However, I can understand and see the logic that if Mourinho was allowed to buy and sell the players he wanted to we might have peaked for 1 or 2 seasons. But my argument was, what about when those 1-2 seasons are over? Back to square one, is it worth it? If he can’t be bothered to try and work with highly talented young players then feck him.

But regardless LVG and Mourinho were not failures.Compare them to Moyes, Solskjær, or pretty much any manager (even SAF first 3 years) and they were successful. It’s only because our expectations were so high but patience so low that we’ve bought into the narrative of them being failures.

The thing with Ole is that in 13 months he’s shown nothing. There is no logical footballing argument. The players he’s signed have regressed, baring AWB. We have no style of play. Rashford is on the trajectory that I expected but been badly managed, he hasn’t got consistency out of Martial. Fred is getting praised because before he was so crap but we’re only seeing a fraction of what’s in his locker. He’s actually a very good attacker.

In 13 months all Ole has shown is talk in the early days that he’s not back up, a naive approach to rebuilding that appeared to be more about appeasing fans by getting rid of Fellaini and Lukaku and not being able to replace them and promises of a tomorrow that his time has shown no reason to believe will ever arrive.

Both also had us playing the worst football I've ever seen with very very few games you would class as watchable or enjoyable. LvG had us finish 6th as well as our CL finish and showed no sign of implementing his total football, it was utterly utterly awful. The first time in my life I'd stopped watching our games.

Jose had us in relegation form before we pulled the trigger, he also wanted us to spaff £60m on Ivan fecking Perisic, stuck us with Sanchez and oversaw contract extentions to United greats such as Lingard, Rojo and Jones whilst at the same time allowing Herrera to run his contract down.

If you want to make the argument that Ole isn't good enough, fine, everybody is entitled to their opinion. But don't big those two up, they were terrible for us and set the club back a decade between them.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I've been thinking about what it would take to give our club the urgency needed to start making the changes that will make us competitive again.

And i think it has to be one of the following:

- Results worsen leading to lower finishes, no European football and ultimately less income from sponsors, fans boycotting home matches and hopefully protests in the streets. In that case, the Galzers either have to sell, or have to finally understand that on the filed performances directly affect commercial return, and re-invest in the club.

- Results worsen so naturally the manager is sacked and replaced by any manager who has some ounce of self respect, who will not sign a contract unless he has promises of funds to rebuild.

The easier of the two would be sacking the manager. So i think sacking Ole would be the only feasible way to have some sort of re-boot.

Now im not saying Ole has no self respect, as he is a club legend who i admire, but his Achilles heel is that he loves the club more than his own reputation as a manager. This is the owner's dream in a world where they would go to any lengths to not invest in an actual re-build. He's a nice guy who the fans adore, who would accept the job unconditionally and who will not cause a fuss as this is his dream job. Our form last year that lead to Ole's contract was probably Ed's wet dream.

Finally, after the Jose experiment, we can definitely see that a new manager might demand funds, and he would get backed in the first window, but there is no guarantee that the money will keep coming, irregardless of results. So i'm for sacking Ole now as it would mean we get a better more accomplished manager, and some spending. But i'm afraid there will never be a long term solution as long as the Glazers are here.

TL,DR: I'd sack Ole, and feck the Glazers.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Both also had us playing the worst football I've ever seen with very very few games you would class as watchable or enjoyable. LvG had us finish 6th as well as our CL finish and showed no sign of implementing his total football, it was utterly utterly awful. The first time in my life I'd stopped watching our games.

Jose had us in relegation form before we pulled the trigger, he also wanted us to spaff £60m on Ivan fecking Perisic, stuck us with Sanchez and oversaw contract extentions to United greats such as Lingard, Rojo and Jones whilst at the same time allowing Herrera to run his contract down.

If you want to make the argument that Ole isn't good enough, fine, everybody is entitled to their opinion. But don't big those two up, they were terrible for us and set the club back a decade between them.
The same Sanchez Ole said is coming back in the summer and will prove everyone wrong

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
For the first time in a year I changed the vote to sack now. I can't stand the man anymore

ken11

Him saying he's bringing Sanchez makes me think he should be sacked. feck off Ole. You and Ed and the Glazers. feck off.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
That press conference is just highly embarrassing, the guy is a walking joke to opposition fans.

Mr. Christian

Check the meaning for insanity mate. It is exactly what Ole is doing.
I say exactly because of respect towards the club he needs to go!
Please enlighten me as to how sacking Ole would strengthen the team or club or even player morale.

Should we bring in a manager with a proven track record..... LVG / Mourinho?

After the debacle we have seen since SAF left I believe that Ole has got to be given his chance. He’s made 3 strong acquisitions, got rid of some dead wood, brought through more young talent, greatly improved Rashford and is clearly attempting to alter the style of play,

Weather or not he should have been given the job on a permanent basis is a different discussion alas, Ole is in and to sack him now without at least another transfer window seems reactionary, petulant and futile.

The current side as a whole isn’t really good enough, building a new team will take time, especially considering how poor it was when he took over!

I find it dismaying how so many so called Utd fans want to sack Ole so soon. The man would bleed for the club, understands club culture and has made it clear on multiple occasions that the current side aren’t quite good enough and new recruitment is required.

He’s also gone about his business in a positive, upbeat and respectful manner, the way in which Utd representatives should indeed portray themselves.

I think all those shouting ‘sack’ do not represent Utd culture and are simply wanting everything now, typical of this generations wining, whinging, I want it all and I want it all now attitude.

Take a good look at yourselves. Think back to pre SAF, have some respect and start thinking in a practical manner.

Come on you Reds

Mainoldo

Please enlighten me as to how sacking Ole would strengthen the team or club or even player morale.

After the debacle we have seen since SAF left I believe that Ole has got to be given his chance. He’s made 3 strong acquisitions, got rid of some dead wood, brought through more young talent, greatly improved Rashford and is clearly attempting to alter the style of play,

Weather or not he should have been given the job on a permanent basis is a different discussion alas, Ole is in and to sack him now without at least another transfer window seems reactionary, petulant and futile.

The current side as a whole isn’t really good enough, building a new team will take time, especially considering how poor it was when he took over!

I find it dismaying how so many so called Utd fans want to sack Ole so soon. The man would bleed for the club, understands club culture and has made it clear on multiple occasions that the current side aren’t quite good enough and new recruitment is required.

He’s also gone about his business in a positive, upbeat and respectful manner, the way in which Utd representatives should indeed portray themselves.

I think all those shouting ‘sack’ do not represent Utd culture and are simply wanting everything now, typical of this generations wining, whinging, I want it all and I want it all now attitude.

Take a good look at yourselves. Think back to pre SAF, have some respect and start thinking in a practical manner.

Come on you Reds
When we get him all his players we’ll still be lingering around 5th playing counter punch football. No thanks.:boring:

hobbers

Should we bring in a manager with a proven track record..... LVG / Mourinho? So we should never ever bring in any proven and reputable manager again then, eh? Why is this idiotic point still being made?

After the debacle we have seen since SAF left I believe that Ole has got to be given his chance. He’s made 3 strong acquisitions overspent massively on two defenders and yet has barely improved the defence as far as the stats go, got rid of some dead wood, brought through more young talent, greatly improved Rashford played Rashford, and then injured Rashford :lol: and is clearly attempting to alter the style of play to be counter-attacking giant slayers, emulating the likes of such footballing colossi as Wolves and Leicester

Weather or not he should have been given the job on a permanent basis is a different discussion alas, Ole is in and to sack him now without at least another transfer window seems reactionary, petulant and futile common sense.

The current side as a whole isn’t really good enough, building a new team will take time, especially considering how poor it was when he took over! And when no good player out there wants to come and play for you.

I find it dismaying how so many so called Utd fans want to sack Ole so soon. The man would bleed for the club So would any fan, irrelevant, understands club culture vacuous buzzwords and has made it clear on multiple occasions that the current side aren’t quite good enough and new recruitment is required.

He’s also gone about his business in a positive, upbeat and respectful manner Not so positive and upbeat of late, the way in which Utd representatives should indeed portray themselves.

I think all those shouting ‘sack’ do not represent Utd culture and are simply wanting everything now, typical of this generations wining, whinging, I want it all and I want it all now attitude. No, they just want to see a clear path forward and to see progress being made. Not to see the club being taken backwards at such a rate of knots by someone who would struggle to get a job in the Championship.

Come on you Reds
Sigh

jamesjimmybyrondean

Sack him please. Do people that want him to stay actually think he's a good coach compared to let's say Pochettino or Allegri? Please please don't tell me Ole should be given time to show what he can do because he's had a thin squad this season. We can all judge him based on his past records whether he is good or not. And looking at it, he's a pretty average manager at best. We talk like Ole is Arteta or an upcoming manager. We say we're waiting for signings or players to come back from injury before you truly judge Ole when there is tons of evidence from his past that he can be judged by. If we decide to sign Benteke are we going to wait until we have a decent midfield to judge whether he can lead the line for us??

Just tell me why a coach who has proven to be an average one should be the one to carry out this rebuild. I need to know. It's not like his signings have been one great revelation. In case you are worried that we can't sign players like Maguire or AWB or Bruno if he goes they've all been obvious signings except James (who was recommended) that would have been targeted by any progressive modern manager. So why the feck do you want him to stay?

Based on his past records we know he's not good enough to manage us, his three signings although decent are very fecking obvious except James, he's cleared just two deadwood so far(Young and Darmian) . So there really isn't anything special he has done. The rebuild with the squad has hardly started so sack him while his input has been quite minimal and get in Pochettino or Ragnick who are good coaches and have proven to carry out a rebuild

Last edited:
Reactions: Sultan

RedNed77

The same Sanchez Ole said is coming back in the summer and will prove everyone wrong
He will be back in the summer as nobody else is stupid enough to buy him or even take him on a free at this point. We can have him back with Ole admitting he is shit, or we can have him back with Ole appearing to give him some support in the vain hope he finds a modicum of form. It’s not a difficult choice.

dirkey

Right. Actions are a tad stronger than words. He shipped him out. What's he supposed to say? "Oh God. That lummox? Crikey no, no way we're having him back. He's brutal, have you seen how bad he is?"

Wouldn't affect his transfer value at all.

My God, some of the comments on that. Incredible.

In the next day or so his spending will have risen to €214 million in just 10 months since getting the permanent role.

Let's hope we see a massive change in ours and his fortunes when he has Fernandes and Pogba available to select, excuses will be running out then.

Alabaster Codify7

Once Fernandes is confirmed, that will be 4 x new starting players Ole's been given. Net spend, around £130m (Maguire's fee was cleared by selling Lukaku). If he finishes below 5th, the board need to look at this as "should we really be giving this bloke more money again in the summer?"

Personally, I think he's taken the club as far as it can go under his level of management. If he makes top 4, I would rethink somewhat and begrudgingly give him the summer window and some more additions.

I don't think he will, even with Bruno.

Alabaster Codify7

In the next day or so his spending will have risen to €214 million in just 10 months since getting the permanent role.

Let's hope we see a massive change in ours and his fortunes when he has Fernandes and Pogba available to select, excuses will be running out then.

I still think Bruno is Pogba's replacement. Which might not be bad. If we were to sell Pogba for around £120m in the summer, and used ALL of that to sign 2 x new midfielders, we'd probably be okay.

I still think Bruno is Pogba's replacement. Which might not be bad. If we were to sell Pogba for around £120m in the summer, and used ALL of that to sign 2 x new midfielders, we'd probably be okay.
I think so too, so it's smart to then use the Pogba money to buy Matic long term replacement.

Matic, Fred, McTominay, Fernandes, NEW CM sounds decent enough to me.

Matriac

To those always arguing that Ole is a mediocre manager because he stayed in Norway all those years.

Did you ever consider that maybe he chose to stay close to his home community while his kids were growing up in their formative years? His career always came first when he was a player. Maybe it was time for his wife and family to have some priority. By all accounts manager wise he is still young. So staying with Molde until his kids got older makes sense to me.

Not sure what the age of those using the years in Molde argument as a negative is, or if it's just a difference in thinking for Nordic people compared to other parts of the world. To be a top athlete you need to put yourself first, but there comes a time when you should have different priorities.

Once Fernandes is confirmed, that will be 4 x new starting players Ole's been given. Net spend, around £130m (Maguire's fee was cleared by selling Lukaku). If he finishes below 5th, the board need to look at this as "should we really be giving this bloke more money again in the summer?"

Personally, I think he's taken the club as far as it can go under his level of management. If he makes top 4, I would rethink somewhat and begrudgingly give him the summer window and some more additions.
Doesn't even need to be top 4 for me, would need to be a massive upturn in results though, get himself winning at minimum over 50% in the PL for the remainder of the season, come close in EL and play some cracking football... that could do it.

If he carries on similar to this even after spending 214m euros in 10 months since taking the job on a permanent basis, I know they would be how the feck could anyone defend that?

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans

Come on you Reds
Yeah pre Saf we were dreadfull and then we hired a world class manager in his prime to sort us out.

There is no logical argument that only Ole can do a succesfull rebuild because past it Lvg and mourinho didnt cut it here.

Gehrman

To those always arguing that Ole is a mediocre manager because he stayed in Norway all those years.

Did you ever consider that maybe he chose to stay close to his home community while his kids were growing up in their formative years? His career always came first when he was a player. Maybe it was time for his wife and family to have some priority. By all accounts manager wise he is still young. So staying with Molde until his kids got older makes sense to me.

Not sure what the age of those using the years in Molde argument as a negative is, or if it's just a difference in thinking for Nordic people compared to other parts of the world. To be a top athlete you need to put yourself first, but there comes a time when you should have different priorities.
Maybe he was just never offered a top job because he was abysmal with Cardiff.

Mainoldo

Maybe nobody wanted him. Makes fare more sense.

Matriac

Maybe he was just never offered a top job because he was abysmal with Cardiff.
I remember seeing reports that he was offered other gigs both before and after Cardiff, but turned them down.
If that was for purely sports reasons or if personal reasons played a part is just speculation on my end. But if he wanted to manage a team in a European league other than Norway, earlier than being offered our gig, he could have.

dove

I don't think anyone here is arguing that "he is mediocre because he stayed in Norway all those years". He is mediocre because... he is and we all can see that with our own eyes. Let's not pretend he rejected some great offers from top clubs only because he wanted to stay in Norway with his family. He clearly did not. He possibly got some attention from some random average teams but that's about it I think. He was never a good manager, he is not a good manager and he will never be one.

Gehrman

I doubt ole would be able to get a job in the top 10 pl teams if he is sacked.

Did you ever consider that maybe he chose to stay close to his home community while his kids were growing up in their formative years?
Has this poor chap above (@Matriac) forgotten about Cardiff? :lol:

He dropped Molde like a sore thumb as soon as lowly Cardiff came knocking.

Iron Tulip

I just don't feel that sacking Ole is the key right now, okay yes he's not the best manager tactically but this manager merry go round we're on is horrendous. We need some stability and that pivot point needs to be Ole for at-least til the end of next season. In that time we need to change the way we run the club starting with a sporting director who is an actual football man.

Every signing Ole has made thus far has been sound. Okay, yes maybe some contract extensions were debatable but he is trying to keep some players with title winning experience in the squad for obvious reasons. Once we have a sporting director in place for a year or so then they can then keep the continuity and the manager debacle won't be as bad.

passing-wind

Too many posts defending Ole are centered around his off the field influence. That doesn't matter because there's nothing Solskjaer has done by way of player recruitment that a DOF wouldn't do. The reason it seems so amazing to get three decent players in one window is because of how bad the structure of the club is and the fact many of the hierarchical responsibility lies in Woodward's hand.

If we assess Solskjaer's main responsibilities (on the pitch) everything from our ethos, our identity, our philosophy, our consistency to perform, our motivation to get results, our phases of play, our dynamics as a team, our ability to correctly possess the ball, our tactical fluidity, our cohesion as a team its all absolutely abysmal. Just to give you some perspective, last week Chelsea being 4th with 30 something points was the worst points tally for a top four team in almost 10 years, the fact we behind them is telling despite Solskjaer spending 130 odd million. This signifies no improvement, we have actually regressed as a team since summer having attained more points under Mourinho this time last season.

The quality of the team is also a non argument, we have predominantly lost games to opponents with inferior starting 11's. Injuries miraculously changing our season's fortunes is also a rubbish excuse, when we started the league campaign with no absentees it took us only two games to drop points. Our record with a full fit starting 11 in three games was W1 D1 L1. Solskjaer for me has served his purpose, he was an adequate interim to see out the season after Mourinho.

If your telling me a Cardiff relegation candidate / Molde league operator has to lead one of the largest clubs in Europe, I don't understand how the Glazers can even rationalize with this level of impoverished thinking, there are a few managers out there for me who would be doing a better job on the field. Hopefully it's top four or Ole's out the door. It would be irrational to sack him mid season if the coaches we need are unavailable, give him until June.

Last edited:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
The quality of the team is also a non argument, we have predominantly lost games to opponents with inferior starting 11's. Injuries miraculously changing our season's fortunes is also a rubbish excuse, when we started the league campaign with no absentees it took us only two games to drop points. Our record with a full fit starting 11 in three games was W1 D1 L1. Solskjaer for me has served his purpose, he was an adequate interim to see out the season after Mourinho.
I assume if we had won the first 3 games you would have seen that as conclusive evidence that we would win every game?

Mr. Christian

I've been thinking about what it would take to give our club the urgency needed to start making the changes that will make us competitive again.

And i think it has to be one of the following:

- Results worsen leading to lower finishes, no European football and ultimately less income from sponsors, fans boycotting home matches and hopefully protests in the streets. In that case, the Galzers either have to sell, or have to finally understand that on the filed performances directly affect commercial return, and re-invest in the club.

- Results worsen so naturally the manager is sacked and replaced by any manager who has some ounce of self respect, who will not sign a contract unless he has promises of funds to rebuild.

The easier of the two would be sacking the manager. So i think sacking Ole would be the only feasible way to have some sort of re-boot.

Now im not saying Ole has no self respect, as he is a club legend who i admire, but his Achilles heel is that he loves the club more than his own reputation as a manager. This is the owner's dream in a world where they would go to any lengths to not invest in an actual re-build. He's a nice guy who the fans adore, who would accept the job unconditionally and who will not cause a fuss as this is his dream job. Our form last year that lead to Ole's contract was probably Ed's wet dream.

Finally, after the Jose experiment, we can definitely see that a new manager might demand funds, and he would get backed in the first window, but there is no guarantee that the money will keep coming, irregardless of results. So i'm for sacking Ole now as it would mean we get a better more accomplished manager, and some spending. But i'm afraid there will never be a long term solution as long as the Glazers are here.

TL,DR: I'd sack Ole, and feck the Glazers.
Fantasy cuckoo world. You are seeing a reboot! But it doesn’t take one transfer window.

As for demanding backing, we spent more than any other club in EPL in the summer. We also managed to cut loose some dead wood.

“More accomplished manager”!
You mean like LVG or Jose? They don’t come more accomplished.

You respect Ole but say let’s sack him? That isn’t respect mate, that’s naivety and most definitely not the Utd way.

Come on you Reds
When we get him all his players we’ll still be lingering around 5th playing counter punch football. No thanks.:boring:
There’s every chance we still end up struggling, that’s most likely outcome whoever is in charge. It’s also pretty certain that an under qualified manager who is out of his depth and was only supposed to be a stop gap until we got a proper manager will fail u see these circumstances.

That’s what we have, at the end of the day anyone saying Ole shouldn’t be our manager is just being realistic. He shouldn’t have got the job, he shouldn’t be able to succeed, he’s have spent the rest of his career in Norway and would never have worked in the Premier League again. He’s the worst manager we’ve had in the Premier League and is getting less points than any of the others which isn’t a surprise.

Ole succeeding would be a shock, it wouldn’t make sense and anything other than failure is a fairy tale.
A qualified manager like; LVG? Let’s go one better, maybe Jose?

Realistic? Working with mediocrity is no simple task given the responsibility involved. Half the team are bang average!

Surely you can see this? It doesn’t matter which manager you get in.

As for Ole getting the job in the first Place; That, my friend is an entirely different discussion. The fact is Ole is manager and should be given a chance.

In his defence, his signings look good, he has already had a significant effect on Rashford, he’s come out and said we need new signings, he’s provided opportunities for emerging talent, he’s stated United need to play in a certain way.....

What more do you realistically want from this season? The man would bleed for the club.

As for tactical nouse, I’m not sure you are aware of how many analysts and coaches are involved these days, not to mention 4 points from two games from possibly the 2 best teams around!

I see your monicker as using Bryan Robson’s name and number. I think therefore you should consider remembering who Ole is, what he’s done, give him a chance and show some respect to the guy, given that you have come out and written him off already.

Your Quote; “He shouldn’t be able to succeed” / “Anything other than failure is a fairytale”.

Mate.you need to be more positive.

Come on you Reds

Reactions: Sultan

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

Last time i checked Cardiff was not in Norway.

Gehrman

Too many posts defending Ole are centered around his off the field influence. That doesn't matter because there's nothing Solskjaer has done by way of player recruitment that a DOF wouldn't do. The reason it seems so amazing to get three decent players in one window is because of how bad the structure of the club is and the fact many of the hierarchical responsibility lies in Woodward's hand.

If we assess Solskjaer's main responsibilities (on the pitch) everything from our ethos, our identity, our philosophy, our consistency to perform, our motivation to get results, our phases of play, our dynamics as a team, our ability to correctly possess the ball, our tactical fluidity, our cohesion as a team its all absolutely abysmal. Just to give you some perspective, last week Chelsea being 4th with 30 something points was the worst points tally for a top four team in almost 10 years, the fact we behind them is telling despite Solskjaer spending 130 odd million. This signifies no improvement, we have actually regressed as a team since summer having attained more points under Mourinho this time last season.

If your telling me a Cardiff relegation candidate / Molde league operator has to lead one of the largest clubs in Europe, I don't understand how the Glazers can even rationalize with this level of impoverished thinking, there are a few managers out there for me who would be doing a better job on the field. Hopefully it's top four or Ole's out the door. It would be irrational to sack him mid season if the coaches we need are unavailable, give him until June.
I honestly dont think our defense even looks better despite breaking transfer records.

Mainoldo

Fantasy cuckoo world. You are seeing a reboot! But it doesn’t take one transfer window.

As for demanding backing, we spent more than any other club in EPL in the summer. We also managed to cut loose some dead wood.

You respect Ole but say let’s sack him? That isn’t respect mate, that’s naivety and most definitely not the Utd way.

Come on you Reds

Realistic? Working with mediocrity is no simple task given the responsibility involved. Half the team are bang average!

As for Ole getting the job in the first Place; That, my friend is an entirely different discussion. The fact is Ole is manager and should be given a chance.

In his defence, his signings look good, he has already had a significant effect on Rashford, he’s come out and said we need new signings, he’s provided opportunities for emerging talent, he’s stated United need to play in a certain way.....

What more do you realistically want from this season? The man would bleed for the club.

As for tactical nouse, I’m not sure you are aware of how many analysts and coaches are involved these days, not to mention 4 points from two games from possibly the 2 best teams around!

I see your monicker as using Bryan Robson’s name and number. I think therefore you should consider remembering who Ole is, what he’s done, give him a chance and show some respect to the guy, given that you have come out and written him off already.

Your Quote; “He shouldn’t be able to succeed” / “Anything other than failure is a fairytale”.

Come on you Reds
You say working with mediocrity... he is the mediocrity :lol:

You have to laugh.. if I was naive I’d actually believe you believe what you write. Probably just making a comment to keep the forum uplifted.

Gehrman

Come on you Reds

Come on you Reds
Yeah im sure the worlds best talents want to join the ole project.

Mr. Christian

Out of interest, do you believe this current set of players are Champions League tackle, or are we just gonna blame Ole?

Zidane’s done alright! He had loads of management experience hey?

I don’t think he’s done any worse than what we had previous, and that’s some strong company, so give the guy a chance.

In fact there has been a number of positives.

Let’s see who he signs in summer and see how we go. If it doesn’t work then by all means cut loose.

Regarding Ole’s past history with the club.... I’m afraid it does carry weight. Any fan can see that! And demanding we sack him so soon is indeed disrespectful.

SAF achieved success in one season did he? Far from it. Not that I’m making comparisons.

That’s not to say he should be here forever though, but he has to be given chance and opportunity.

Come on you Reds

Roboc7

Come on you Reds

Come on you Reds
I’m just being realistic, being an ex player doesn’t mean he’s a good manager and being the worst and least qualified isn’t a selling point because better managers failed.

Unless there is an upturn in results he won’t even be matching the failure or
Moyes let alone the others. If he has tactical nouse it will be shown consistently not couple of times a season.

If one of our rivals made a similar appointment most of the people supporting Ole would be pissing themselves with laughter. Remove the bias and it makes no sense and shouldn’t work.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
The common myth that a Director of Football can and will only be a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.