Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alabaster Codify7

It doesn’t matter who we appoint lads, any team that has Perreria, Lingard, Mata, James and Martial as regular starters will never finish in the top 4, our recruitment is absolutely fecked over the last few seasons and we’ve only just started getting it right again. The magic new manager bounce won’t save us until we get better players in.

It’s like playing solitaire with 51 cards at the moment.
Bollocks. Absolute utter bollocks, mate.
The new manager bounce earned Ole this fecking job, mate. He took this same squad, more or less, on a fecking 12-13 game unbeaten run and got the job based on a new manager bounce. If we get that again, we finish top 4 and guess what? It then becomes fecking easier to bring in good players. No cnut is coming to play for this absolute clown of a manager when we finish around 10th this season.

Eddy_JukeZ

It doesn’t matter who we appoint lads, any team that has Perreria, Lingard, Mata, James and Martial as regular starters will never finish in the top 4, our recruitment is absolutely fecked over the last few seasons and we’ve only just started getting it right again. The magic new manager bounce won’t save us until we get better players in.

It’s like playing solitaire with 51 cards at the moment.
Sheffield United are above us.

Do they have better players?

Chelsea are above us. Do they have better players? At worst, our teams are of the same quality.

Leicester are above us. Do they also have better players? No one on this forum thought Leicester would be 3rd prior to the season.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Easily the worst manager post SAF without a doubt Moyes was way better. What is so annoying is that the Ole in supporters just wont admit that the only reason they want him is because he is an ex legendary united player and that is the only reason. (Or a fellow Norwegian)
Seriously would we be giving any ex molde manager so much money to spend and so much time despite the crap results if he wasn't an United player? Admit it, its the only reason and its ridiculous just like Gatuso was for Milan.

Alek M

Da manic one
Wow so much negativity here. All of you asking for him sacked. Come up with what he could have done differently with 3 of our best players out against a solid top 6 team?

Mailo

Catastrophic manager. The worst of the bunch since SAF retired. No top club in the world would hire him like we did. Never mind a Top 8 club in any of the top leagues.

Eplel

Wow so much negativity here. All of you asking for him sacked. Come up with what he could have done differently with 3 of our best players out against a solid top 6 team?
Not play Pereira.

Rafaeldagold

You’re the negative one for sticking up for a piss poor, mediocre manager who is less inspiring & progressive football wise than David Moyes.

Be positive & start demanding he goes for the good of the club

Fooza

Coach better? Perhaps get a system in place where players pass quicker amd get behind the lines if we have to break teams down.

I don't think Ole knows how to break stubborn defences up. Only counter attacking, in fact he has no style, it's just freestyle.

I don't buy the argument that hasnt got the players. He needs to get this team playing better, quicker, good passing football if we play against stubborn defences.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
You’re the negative one for sticking up for a piss poor, mediocre manager who is less inspiring & progressive football wise than David Moyes.

Be positive & start demanding he goes for the good of the club
Good post couldnt agree more. And if Ole really loves the club like he says he should resign, no compensation.

0le

I do feel we've signed better players and our squad has promise, but that is about it. I don't think he can take us any further.

Paul_Scholes18

would fans be against hiring Chris wilder? He is on the up as a manager rather than going downwards like Mourinho was and potentially potchettino as well looking at how bad he had done with spurs in 2019, wilder is doing an unreal job with Sheffield United, the football they play is not ugly to watch and are brilliantly organized
I like them when I watch them. Very good as a unit. Although it is hard to know if he would do well in a bigger club. Managing bigger egos and bigger talent can sometimes make it harder if they do not focus as much in training on the tactical things or moves against you if you push them too hard.

Tactically he would improve us a lot. I think our squad would suit him fairly well. We got fighters like Fred, Matic and Mctominay who would love working under him. Guys like Williams would improve a lot too and I think Rashford would shine with better structures around him. Pogba and Martial might be a bit too lazy tactically for him though so needs to push them or sell.
Henderson could shine under him too ;).

HarryRedCrumbs

I don’t think Ole is a tactical genius and I don’t think he’s the one to take us back to the top. He’s obviously not comfortable on camera or in interviews at this level. He does look uncomfortable and I feel bad for him. But the absolute worst thing about any of this is the nastiness and vehemence of our so called supporters towards him. The values that I always believed were core at United seem long gone when I read through this forum, or listen to the rage from the terraces. United we stand…? No, divided, and we fall. And every other club is laughing at us. Not because we aren’t in the top 4, but because we are in such a fecking mess, knives out and moaning left right and centre about everything.

The wolves fans to my right tonight were singing “football in a library” and “Mourinhos right, your fans are sh*te” and they were absolutely bang on. Sitting in the car park afterwards listening to radio5, and a wolves fan calls Chris Sutton. All he has to say is how bad the Utd supporters were, how we don’t need a new manager, or new players…. “how about try supporting your team”, he said….

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It is incredible the amount of mental gymnastics people are going to, to defend this manager. 'No manager in the world' - what an absolute cnut fest of an excuse. Klopp wouldnt win the title with this team, but theyd be comfortably top 2. Same for Pep. In fact, same for bloody Rodgers. I would never want Chris Wilder managing United but the man is shitting all over Ole in terms of his performance and what he has to work with. Ole is an absolute fraud, he is the Mikey Carroll of football management - a lottery winner who has been thrown into a world in which he lacks the ability to survive.
Whilst I agree that people go to extreme lengths to defend Ole, I don't think any manager would comfortably be top 2 with the current team. Surely both sides of the Ole debate can agree that our squad is not fit for purpose (if said purpose is to win things) and that the club as a whole is being run terribly. That would also weigh on other managers. I'm sure loads of managers would do better than Ole has, but maybe they wouldn't come if they don't get the assurances that the club will professionalise...?

City and Liverpool are miles ahead, in terms of personnel. Everything else is up for grabs, also for our set of players.

Rafaeldagold

I don’t think Ole is a tactical genius and I don’t think he’s the one to take us back to the top. He’s obviously not comfortable on camera or in interviews at this level. He does look uncomfortable and I feel bad for him. But the absolute worst thing about any of this is the nastiness and vehemence of our so called supporters towards him. The values that I always believed were core at United seem long gone when I read through this forum, or listen to the rage from the terraces. United we stand…? No, divided, and we fall. And every other club is laughing at us. Not because we aren’t in the top 4, but because we are in such a fecking mess, knives out and moaning left right and centre about everything.

The wolves fans to my right tonight were singing “football in a library” and “Mourinhos right, your fans are sh*te” and they were absolutely bang on. Sitting in the car park afterwards listening to radio5, and a wolves fan calls Chris Sutton. All he has to say is how bad the Utd supporters were, how we don’t need a new manager, or new players…. “how about try supporting your team”, he said….
Supporting your team isn’t about just sitting idly by while you’re club keeps with an incompetent boring manager. Supporting your team & doing what’s best for the club is to sack Ole & get a decent manager in.

That’s real supporting of your team. Being honest so you can improve- not fcking lauding everything the club or a Shite manager does to feel like a superior fan

Paul_Scholes18

Supporting your team isn’t about just sitting idly by while you’re club keeps with an incompetent boring manager. Supporting your team & doing what’s best for the club is to sack Ole & get a decent manager in.

That’s real supporting of your team. Being honest so you can improve- not fcking lauding everything the club or a Shite manager does to feel like a superior fan
I think we are all still supporting the team and hope they do well.
Just you should also be honest with your opinion about what you think is the best for the club.
The fans can influence and push the club forward or backwards. Negative fan pressure can be a big problem, but it could also aid the players.

Mainoldo

I think the fact your bothered about those things instead of the fact we are allowing this manager to disrespect our status as a Juggernaut.. very interesting. The reason there is so much of a divide is because fans don’t know where to direct their frustration of not being the level we should be. Instead of worry about fake football religious morals.

Mainoldo

And I agree, Ole has NO business coaching at this level, but changing coaches yet again whilst Woodward and the current inept board are still in charge will prolong our agony.
What would prevent the new manager from performing?

HarryRedCrumbs

I think the fact your bothered about those things instead of the fact we are allowing this manager to disrespect our status as a Juggernaut.. very interesting. The reason there is so much of a divide is because fans don’t know where to direct their frustration of not being the level we should be. Instead of worry about fake football religious morals.

Well thats a fair view, but it's not for me. I prefer morals, loyalty and enjoying football. I think anything can outgrow it's self, a country, an empire...a football club. When it gets too big, too fat and complacent, it eats itself. No wonder Ole looks so uncomfortable trying to hold it all together.

ManchesterYoda

100% SACK. I am sick of watching us play with such an unbalanced attack every single game. Why does he refuse to sign a right sided attacking player? Liverpool have Mane on one side, Salah on the other. Our left is injured and our right is SHIT. Rather than sign the right sided attacking player we need Ole prefers to sign a complete random from China. I can't take it anymore, it's frustrating and depressing.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
hope when Klopp leaves pool they replace him with David Fairclough

Mainoldo

100% SACK. I am sick of watching us play with such an unbalanced attack every single game. Why does he refuse to sign a right sided attacking player? Liverpool have Mane on one side, Salah on the other. Our left is injured and our right is SHIT. Rather than sign the right sided attacking player we need Ole prefers to sign a complete random from China. I can't take it anymore, it's frustrating and depressing.
We’re waiting for Sancho :lol:

crossy1686

career ending
Bollocks. Absolute utter bollocks, mate.
The new manager bounce earned Ole this fecking job, mate. He took this same squad, more or less, on a fecking 12-13 game unbeaten run and got the job based on a new manager bounce. If we get that again, we finish top 4 and guess what? It then becomes fecking easier to bring in good players. No cnut is coming to play for this absolute clown of a manager when we finish around 10th this season.
And then it evened out based on the squad we have. All our wins were front loaded when in reality they should and would have been more balanced.

bonothom

Why do I keep seeing claims that Bruno was playing as a holding midfielder or deep playmaker? He certainly wasn’t.
Of course he was in the 2nd half. Even Gary Neville said it and even remarked he was good there. But continuing to use him as a defensive midfielder will be ridiculous as his main attributes is a creator and scorer. What's the point of buying him if he's going to be nowhere near the oppositions goal. Solskjaer hasn't got a clue in what he's doing.

bdspeedy

What would prevent the new manager from performing?
The constant during this malaise has been Woodward and his owners. We've had: SAF's choice -- Moyes, two of the best managers in history and a club legend but some how things will improve if we keep bringing in new managers every year or two. MAYBE we need to replace ALL of those who are completely out of their depth. Starting at the top and working through the entire club. We probably have 75 percent of what we need, but if anyone thinks that Poch, Allegri, Favre or..... whomever... will take us back to the top level while these carnival barkers continue to run the team into the ground, the past 6 years would suggest otherwise.

Im red2

Prophet of Doom
In the begining(time), God created the Heavens(spa
Of course he was in the 2nd half. Even Gary Neville said it and even remarked he was good there. But continuing to use him as a defensive midfielder will be ridiculous as his main attributes is a creator and scorer. What's the point of buying him if he's going to be nowhere near the oppositions goal. Solskjaer hasn't got a clue in what he's doing.
He was played as a holding midfielder in second half, he was good there but I think he would have been even better up front as an attacking midfielder. I mean we are Manchester feckin United and are at home against Wolves, FFS

Eddy_JukeZ

The constant during this malaise has been Woodward and his owners. We've had: SAF's choice -- Moyes, two of the best managers in history and a club legend but some how things will improve if we keep bringing in new managers every year or two. MAYBE we need to replace ALL of those who are completely out of their depth. Starting at the top and working through the entire club. We probably have 75 percent of what we need, but if anyone thinks that Poch, Allegri, Favre or..... whomever... will take us back to the top level while these carnival barkers continue to run the team into the ground, the past 6 years would suggest otherwise.
Both has-beens when they came to United.

If we appointed peak Jose and he failed here, then your point might have some merit.

Jose was finished when we appointed him. His last season at Chelsea should have been a major warning sign.

In Rainbows

And yet we still haven't had a coach that excels in coaching the attacking side of the game. So you're assumption that we've already tried everything isn't right.

bdspeedy

Both has-beens when they came to United.

If we appointed peak Jose and he failed here, then your point might have some merit.

Jose was finished when we appointed him. His last season at Chelsea should have been a major warning sign.
Ah. Has-beens. As opposed to never was's like Poch and all those others who have been suggested over the years? Most of whom haven't been thought of or heard of in years. I honestly couldn't care any less at this point. Go ahead and bring in number five. I'm sure that as Beck said, "things are gonna change. I can feel it." When we've tried EVERYTHING and gone backward, it just seems like we should look at changing the parts of the team that we KNOW are defective but haven't upgraded or replaced. The F-ING SYSTEM IS BROKE and we keep wanting to change the same ancillary (obviously the manager is one of the most important parts) part over and over and over,..... Something about the definition of insanity? ....... did someone say that????

hobbers

I honestly couldn't care any less at this point. Go ahead and bring in number five. I'm sure that as Beck said, "things are gonna change. I can feel it."
Well it took Liverpool 9 goes to find the right manager to bring them back to the title. So the faster we can tick the duds off the faster we'll get back to it as well.

el3mel

Ole has succeeded in one thing and that's bringing the expectations around the club down hill. All his supporters have downed their expectations for United to what you would expect from a midtable level. People are totally convinced no manager is going to do anything better than him with the current squad. They have been shouting "but we are still 5th" as if this is some sort of an achievement.

He has succeeded in convincing everyone to down their expectations to rock bottom so that his job would look good enough. Good job from Ole here. He had absolutely succeeded. His supporters now can't expect anything better than 5th and some few wins here and there.

Yakuza_devils

We’re waiting for Sancho :lol:
I really believe that even if we had Sancho it wouldn't make any difference. Our tactics were so shit. There were no movement and we were so easy to defend against. In fact Wolves were the better team and they were gutted not to win. Many teams felt the same playing at OT under Ole.

Eddy_JukeZ

Ah. Has-beens. As opposed to never was's like Poch and all those others who have been suggested over the years? Most of whom haven't been thought of or heard of in years. I honestly couldn't care any less at this point. Go ahead and bring in number five. I'm sure that as Beck said, "things are gonna change. I can feel it." When we've tried EVERYTHING and gone backward, it just seems like we should look at changing the parts of the team that we KNOW are defective but haven't upgraded or replaced. The F-ING SYSTEM IS BROKE and we keep wanting to change the same ancillary (obviously the manager is one of the most important parts) part over and over and over,..... Something about the definition of insanity? ....... did someone say that????
So you don't disagree that they were has-beens then? Good to note..

If Poch is a never was, what is Ole?

The problem with you guys ignoring Ole's failings and blaming Woodward/the Glazers - is you think us who are against Ole think he's the only problem.

He's not. There's more than 1 problem at this club. But that doesn't mean that you just stop trying and let it play out. You'd rather Ole stay here for 10 years and continue our decline? What good does that do?

We tried everything? Did we? We hired every manager possible and they all failed? No we didn't.

Fact remains, we never hired a proactive, progressive manager on the rise. And even if we did and he also failed, that doesn't mean you stop trying ffs. You keep going until you hire the right guy. Not sit around waiting for a miracle.

Guess who we've gone backwards under the most? Hint: It's our current manager.

And guess who else is defective(arguably more defective than the Glazers/Woodward)? Hint: It's our current manager.

Yakuza_devils

I can't believe that I have spent so many precious weekend watching these boring tactics for the last 7 years. But Ole tactics is the worst of all.

How many more weekend to ruin before the club get it right?

Status
Not open for further replies.