Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
If Ole doesn't prove himself worthy, then naturally he should be sacked. But he deserves 2 more windows, starting in January then next Summer.
Then give him until Christmas next year to see if there is a big improvement. If this doesn't happen, then let him go and bring in someone else.
He deserves this at least.
You keep on repeating this statement but i would like to ask you why exactly you think he deserves unquestionable support for multiple seasons?

When the team's performances are rotten and infinitely better managers weren't afforded those same luxuries?

In my opinion he deserves nothing. In fact I can't stand his brand of clueless naive management.

He's been here over 9 months now, so what progress have you seen on the pitch in that time?

I Am Zlatan

The latter is where I'm at anyway.

I think Solskjaer will inevitably fail here because he simply isn't good enough and if/when the right manager is available (someone young, progressive and with a record to suggest they could be a success here) then I'd happily make the switch. Ideally coupled with structural changes at the club.

However, that mystery manager doesn't seem to be available right now. In which case I'd prefer to keep Solskjaer for now rather than bring in the wrong manager or a caretaker manager. At the very least Solskjaer's admittedly limited activity in the transfer market suggests he might leave the squad in better shape than when he took over.

Regardless of who the manager is, expensive flops on big money will have to be sold and better quality players brought in. Doing so will take time and will inevitably see relatively mediocre results during that transition. If we trust Solskjaer to at least do some of that work even as he's failing here then life becomes a lot easier for the next manager we appoint.
The thing is for me, is the results have been so bad, that’s it’s hard to see the positives of Ole.. I understand and agree the squad isn’t great, but after 9-10 months of him being in charge, other than the initial win streak, he haven’t shown much to be positive about..

What if we buy better players and still play bad and not win matches? I mean we bought two good defenders but we can’t keep a clean sheet, mind you the defenders we bought are much better than what we had. We bought a decent winger but rarely we score more than one goal..

I feel like bringing in a better manager now, and maybe salvage the season and attract better players for the future is the way to go, instead of still eventually brining in a better manager and risk falling further behind by that time, I’m sure there are other managers out there who know how to rebuild..

I’m against changing managers so often, but we have to experiment until we get the one that takes us forward, also times have changed, managers stay at clubs for 2-5 seasons then leave, no more SAF’s and Wengers anymore..

Even klopp/Pep will leave soon probably, and they’re dominating. Poch looks like leaving and the players don’t seem to be motivated by him anymore, despite him being awesome over the past few years at Spurs.

Unfortunately this era is different and if we stay focused on what worked 30 years ago and not evolve, we’ll fall further behind.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Question...

let’s say we have a better squad, maybe even Liverpool’s squad, do you think ole is the man to challenge for titles? Or does everyone agree, that he’s not good enough but the people want him to stay, to stabilize the team then make way for a better manager?
Ole couldn't stabilise a bike so no I don't agree. He is on course to drag us down to the bottom.

He's been here over 9 months now. The more time he has had to influence the team, the worse we have become which is a damning indictment on his skills as a coach. He talks a good game but he hasn't got a clue come match day.

No amount of time is going to suddenly make him competent is it?

I believe he's the worst manager currently in the league so naturally I can't wait for him to go.

hobbers

If Ole doesn't prove himself worthy, then naturally he should be sacked. But he deserves 2 more windows, starting in January then next Summer.
Then give him until Christmas next year to see if there is a big improvement. If this doesn't happen, then let him go and bring in someone else.
He most certainly does not.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Why?

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Question...

let’s say we have a better squad, maybe even Liverpool’s squad, do you think ole is the man to challenge for titles? Or does everyone agree, that he’s not good enough but the people want him to stay, to stabilize the team then make way for a better manager?
Most likely not and so basically yes.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
United supporters wanting immediate success. When they don't get it, looking for scapegoats
Most just want us to resemble like a football team on pitch. As in see some cohesion or chemistry to our play. No one is asking for trophies.

Deep down every one of them knows that no amount of coaching is going to get Young, Matic, Fred, Periera, Lingard and Mata playing good football. They know injuries have decimated an already weak squad. They know most of the dropped points have been down to individual errors as opposed to tactics or coaching.
Yet he rewarded Young, Jones, Pereira and Mata with new deals and if rumors are to be believed Lingard is next in line. He's only compounding more deadwood in this 'weak squad'.

But they're spoilt and when spoilt people don't get what they want they get angry and want to blame someone. They want someone punished for the fact that they haven't got what they wanted.

So they go on to the internet and moan and talk in vague terms about things they know little about. And they make threads wanting rid of the first manager we've had in years who actually seems to know how to sign quality players. They dismiss the obvious change in focus towards hard work and young players as empty words. And they pretend to know about tactics while typically offering nothing specific about those tactics they are supposedly critiquing (empty words)

These people make a lot of noise but offer little to nothing in terms of solutions or even useful suggestions. All they really do is drag down the mood and create a shitty atmosphere. Best ignored really.
You're ranting for the sake of it.

MrSingh2002

Watch this press conference at 8 mins and 6 seconds.

It was the only good question asked ahead of the Europa league game and Oles shit answer says it all. Unfortunately he doesn't have a clue.

Sir Scott McToMinay

It was the only good question asked ahead of the Europa league game and Oles shit answer says it all. Unfortunately he doesn't have a clue.
“Defending, Attacking, Scoring goals”, is that the new “Dos, tres times?”.
He looks under serious pressure and he has got no clue how to get us out of it, I love Ole but this is really bad.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
He looks under serious pressure and he has got no clue how to get us out of it, I love Ole but this is really bad.
I don't really know what you expect him to say to that? I mean even when we went on that great run early in his tenure, he never uttered words which would make you say wow he's such a tactical genius.

However, I wish MUTV would stream our training sessions. Because I really want to see the 'amazing quality' these 'top' players are showing in training.

TommiHelm

I was quietly excited about him being hired temporarily, but not so much about his full time appointment. Was really hoping he'd do good, cause I do like him, but I honestly never thought he'd be good enough at this stage.

His only achievements as a manager are with Molde, who frankly are a bit of a dream club to manage with their rich uncle. The squads he won the leagues in Norway with were at least on par with Rosenborgs those seasons, and maybe even better, so I think many (average) managers would do just as good there. I mean they are running away with the league this season, on route to way more points than last season to. And that's after losing Haaland.

I also feel like he's made to many bad decisions. Keeping Young being the worst. I'm sorry, but in my opinion that alone is reason to be sacked. Same with starting Lingard every bloody match, he's literally been half a player at best for the past year. I also think he should bench Rashford or if he has to play him, then play him on the left. Greenwood deserves a chance, although I don't think he should have that responsibility either.

Frankly we should have gone all out for someone experienced like Mandžukić in the summer, but we just keep penny pinching, for what? Some illusion of playing "the United way"? What even is that any more? I thought it was playing attacking exciting football with a mix of experience and youth. Right now we're playing drop dead (like 6 feet under) boring football with mostly youth. There doesn't seem to be a game plan at all.

He also don't see to be able to change anything during matches if things aren't going well. Subs are coming way to late, there's zero tactical changes, just throw on a different player for 10 minutes and hope for the best.

I also don't think the board will back him in January or next summer. They'll get cold feet again when the results and performances are like they are at the moment, and we'll end up with another half full cup of nothing.

I really wish it'd turn out like everyone surely hoped, but I just don't believe in it at all. So yea, I think he should be off, but I don't think he should have been given the full time job at all.

m1tch

Finally feels like our transfer activity is going to take us in the right direction. Slowly at the moment unfortunately but we had so many to get rid of, it was impossible to replace them one for one in the one window. If this is Ole in control of reshaping the squad then he should be given appropriate time to build his vision. If his influence isn't significant in this much improved transfer policy then maybe he has less time if results don't improve. The last thing we want is another manager with another squad overhaul, LVG and Mourinho have left a right mess behind them.

UpWithRivers

Everyone forgets Ole wasn't actually the fans choice. He came out of nowhere. It was a glazers plot along with the sales pitch of happiness, the United way, young and British, bring the old heroes back etc. And everyone lapped it up because heck why not. It sounds fantastic and he was in the job already and we were just comming off the misery of Mourinho. But if we really thought about it he is flying the plane without a pilots license. And he got the job based on the 3 month high and already the plane was nosediving. We still want to believe but heck the ground is awefully close and we all sht our pants already. He isn't even playing the same system he used when he started. The same system we signed him based on. He's somehow ironically turned into Mourinho. Defence first and neglected the one thing he should be good at- attack.
It's getting awefully close to hysterical panic stations. Another couple of losses and it's Fk romance it's time we let someone else try to fly the plane. The stewardess. The taxi driver in the third row just back from spending all his money on coke and Thai prostitutes. Anyone.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Yeah sacking another manager so our crappy board and owners don't get any flack. Same thing happens every time.

red thru&thru

Everyone forgets Ole wasn't actually the fans choice. He came out of nowhere. It was a glazers plot along with the sales pitch of happiness, the United way, young and British, bring the old heroes back etc. And everyone lapped it up because heck why not. It sounds fantastic and he was in the job already and we were just comming off the misery of Mourinho. But if we really thought about it he is flying the plane without a pilots license. And he got the job based on the 3 month high and already the plane was nosediving. We still want to believe but heck the ground is awefully close and we all sht our pants already. He isn't even playing the same system he used when he started. The same system we signed him based on. He's somehow ironically turned into Mourinho. Defence first and neglected the one thing he should be good at- attack.
It's getting awefully close to hysterical panic stations. Another couple of losses and it's Fk romance it's time we let someone else try to fly the plane. The stewardess. The taxi driver in the third row just back from spending all his money on coke and Thai prostitutes. Anyone.
Hahaha great post. I must say, I agree with it all.

I really do feel sorry for Ole. He's just simply out of his depth.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
In the 2015/16 season we scored 49!!! goals in the league placing 5th, only Stoke scored fewer among the top 11 teams.
LVG's possession-style was a lot less direct, linebreaking and with even lower risk than Pep's. Under LVG's regime we didn't take any counters, at all. None!
No fullbacks. The one attacking fullback (Shaw) got injured early for the entire season and that ruined our play. People forget how great Shaw started that season and how attacking our early games were that season with Shaw doing pretty much what City’s two fullbacks do.

Remove fullbacks from City and you’ll have a similar thing, but less dramatic because Pep has several great cm’s, wingers, number 10s and a world class striker.

Btw. LVG still managed to finish 5, only missing out on a CL spot due to goal difference. He gave debuts to a whole bunch of academy players, but where are all those academy players today? The young players that LVG trusted in CB and FB positions and made look better then time has shown they really are.

11reds

I think Ole should be kept for the season regardless of how bad it gets. His three transfers in the summer should buy him time.

The players haven't set the world on fire now under four different managers. Rashford and Lingard go around with their big wage packet but no performances to back it up. Rashfords scoring record is shocking, Callum Wilson is a better striker in my opinion and would instantly improve us with Rashford put out wide.

While we still have Ole we should use his close ties with Haland to get him on board.

MrSingh2002

In 3 games time the voting will be very different. He was only saved last season by the season finishing.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
He’s not the man for the long run, but sacking him solves very little. Shit squad, even shittier board.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Short term maybe, wouldn’t you prefer a long term strategy?
Sure but I sadly think we could give Solskjær all the time in the world and it wouldn't work. It pains to say that as a fellow Norwegian but he should never have been given the job.

fergiesarmy1

Sure but I sadly think we could give Solskjær all the time in the world and it wouldn't work. It pains to say that as a fellow Norwegian but he should never have been given the job.
Still remember that picture of Solskjær’s name in lights in norway after he got the job, I’m sad you’ve given up on him. I don’t believe he is the problem though so am still behind him fully.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
That’s my thoughts too! That’s why I think we should bring someone in ASAP to try and salvage the season, since it’s going to happen at some point..
I don't agree. There's nothing to salvage from this season with this squad, it's never going to score enough goals, especially with the constant injuries. There's no quick fix manager that will guarantee anything.

I think he's got a decent chance of getting the squad back to the standard it should be with seemingly a good plan to look longer term rather than short term with purchases. With that i think he's the right man for the current job which is getting us back on track before we can even think about challenging for any titles.

Once we do have a squad that i feel that we should be getting at least top 4 with, then i can properly judge how good he is. He's obviously no Pep but he's out on his own in my opinion.

e.cantona

Mummy, mummy, diamonds, I want them too
Yeah because failing at Cardiff is all he's ever done. Those eight months stuck at a sinking ship is what should define someone who's been in the game and bred success wherever he went for decades - both as a player and a coach. Cardiff - the club with an owner who changed the color of their kit because he believed in magic - that's all Solskjaer was ever about prior to joining us. You numbwits need to stop parroting eachother - it's beyond pathetic at this point :lol: And yeah it's the worst start in decades I'll give you that and the rest of the season will probably be one of mediocrity as well - but don't forget that we were also in the worst state we've been in for thirty years when he came in - so what is making you put all this blame on Ole exactly? What's he done wrong so far - at our club?

I've made a checklist here of what supporters expected from a new manager when Mourinho decided to throw us into the toilet but thankfully got sacked before having a chance to properly flush:

- Raising Morale: Check he's done that.
- Instilling some work ethics into the squad: Check he's done that.
- Getting rid of or at least sideline players who's heads were elsewhere and lacking the proper dedication / mercenaries / deadwood / whateverthefeckyoucallthem: Check he's doing that.
- Give youth a chance: Check he's done that.
- Sign players who are top class and actually appreciates playing here: Check he's done that.
- Adapt a more attractive style of football putting us back on the front foot: Check he's done that.
- Improve our defense: Check he's done that.

Now here's the things he's not done yet - or at least only partially:

- Improve our midfield: James is definitely an improvement and McTominay is someone who makes me miss Herrera less than I thought I would but we sorely need a proper creative force and per now we're suffering due to this.
- Improve our attack: Lukaku was good riddance but he was also our third best contributor offensively and it's proven a disastrous decision not to replace him as we have no natural finishers of proper age at present.
- Build a team of such quality it can successfully stand on it's front foot playing a more attractive style of football: They failed to improve midfield and attack so for now that's tough even though they do try their best.

Now in all honesty - two more signings is probably what separates us from looking a much better side this season - a solidified top-four even - and we'll probably get those come January. In my opinion t was a mistake of epic proportions not to get this done before entering this campaign and I believe they grossly overestimated the strength of certain members within our squad when deciding to proceed without reinforcing those areas - but to be honest that's the only thing I feel let down by since he took charge so even though we're currently paying a high price for that slip-up - I'm looking past that effortlessly. Especially as it seems he too has acknowledged this - and they're working on remedying the situation as soon as possible.
This. MC and some type of attacker and we'd be a much different side. We bought and sold Lukaku for 75mill. Imagine the price on someone proven good enough for us.

Mainoldo

Alright Goldbridge. Rants n Bants. Got any views without your ghost writer?

Suedesi

@DRM

You've championed Allegri, but even the most basic questions about his philosophy or tactics you couldn't answer.

You mention that that he won 4 titles in a row like sprinkling some rare piece of wisdom, when you probably gleaned that from wiki. The obvious retort to his success with Juve is that Juve in Italy would have won the scudetti regardless of Allegri, just like PSG would have won Ligue 1 in France regardless of Tuchel, Unay Emery, Laurent Blanc or Ancelotti, or just like Bayern would have won Buli in Germany regardless of Kovac, Heynckes, Ancelotti or Guardiola. Those are well oiled teams operating in one-team leagues.

Your points:
He can get his teams to score more than 1 goal a game and not shit the bed when they concede a goal. Doesnt get rid of attacking players without finding adequate replacements.

Actually Juve shit the bed quite a few times last year when they conceded a goal (vs Inter, Ajax, Atalanta, Genoa, Roma, Samp to name a few). His game plan reverted to give it to Ronaldo, he'll fix it. Juve's midfield was disastrous and he made their most talented attacking player Dybala feel like surplus. Juve's midfield is full of bruisers (matuidi, emre can, khedira) and little guile (pjanic) and he conceded the middle of the park way too many times to inferior teams. Just refer back to Inter, Ajax, Atalanta, Genoa, Roma, Samp to name a few.

Oh and by the way, he got rid of Andrea Pirlo when he was managing AC Milan in order to field Gattuso - Ambrosini - Flamini week in week out. Great job Max, you just handed Juventus and Conte 3 titles in a row!

Good relationship with the board - not really, if it was he'd still be the coach of Juve and Agnelli wouldn't have to had pay Chelsea to get ahold of Sarri.

He sets up his team to win - he doesn't, more often that not he sets up not to lose. Doesn't play expansive football and he's quite dull. He got criticized in Italy for being too defensive. This is a country in love with defense, and catenaccio and closing down, so let that sink in for a moment.

Does not throw his toys out of the pram ala Mourinho - he does, and he had many meltdowns last year. Just Google Allegri/Adani (but then again you don't speak Italian, so you'll probably have no clue what was said).

Any other nuggets, please feel free to contribute.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.

Cringeworthy... like literally.

It's actually genuinely embarrassing from 8.04.

He's so likeable though - for me at least, but he hasn't got a fecking clue has he...

I dunno, maybe it's just better to laugh about it at this point.

Bless him.

Suedesi

Pretty wank. He's too fecking nice and doesn't have an air of arrogance that comes from self belief and competence. He's starting to sound like Moyesie.

Then again, we're all armchair psychologists trying to analyze speech patterns and body language.

Last edited:

Cloud7

I am genuinely curious as to why, of all the managers that we've had since the great man left, that Ole is the hill that so many of our fans choose to die on.

A lot of people have pointed to his transfers as some kind of strong point, but for a bit of comparison let's look at Jose. I am in no way a fan of Jose, and indeed I was one of the most vocal Jose out posters when I felt his time here came to an end. James, Maguire and AWB. Dan James, fair enough, we were far more likely to get a Perisic or Willian than him, but then he was recommended to us by Giggs, he wasn't some find by our scouting team. Jose wanted Maguire last year, and AWB, arguably the most defensively accomplished RB in the league, he seems like exactly the kind of player Jose would have wanted (Lest we forget his two defensive signings for us were both young players, before anyone mentions the age argument). Looked at from this angle, then at least two of the three transfers Ole is praised for are players the miserable one would have wanted as well.

The style of football is genuinely not any better than under any of the previous managers. For me at least, I don't see any signs of what he's trying to do. During the initial few games when he came in I thought that was the style of football he was trying to implement, but then after an entire summer with the team, our style of play couldn't be further from that, and just overall we look aimless. As I said in the Arsenal post match thread, we're just a nothing team. We don't really try to do anything in particular on the field, it's just sort of aimless scrimmaging and hoping for a moment of magic.

Then there's the issue of the board. Sure, our board have their issues, certainly, but the board had issues when the previous managers were around as well. Didn't we all agree that those managers were crap during their time here, in addition to the board being crap? How then, has it become the case with Ole here that the board is crap, so we don't know what Ole is capable of, and this is all on the board?

"He loves the club/Genuinely cares for the club" Why is this relevant when assessing him as a manager? How many of the most successful managers in the last fifty years have been people who loved the club they were successful at? Perhaps Pep and Zidane, both of whom were exceptional right from the off, but other than them, is this really something we should be considering when looking at what our manager is doing? Certainly I don't think Sir Alex loved United or genuinely cared for United when he came down from Aberdeen.

On paper, there isn't much that needs to be said. Ole has been a manager for around a decade now, and on paper he's the worst/second worst manager we've had in the post SAF era, so it's not like he has any sort of CV for us to point towards.

This has turned into a bit of a ramble, but in the end, from my point of view at least, there's absolutely no reason that OGS should be the manager, of all the managers we've had, that we say we're going to back beyond any shadow of a doubt and see what happens. He's the manager with the most doubt hanging over his head, after all. If we were going to do that, then why didn't we stick with Jose?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
I am genuinely curious as to why, of all the managers that we've had since the great man left, that Ole is the hill that so many of our fans choose to die on.

A lot of people have pointed to his transfers as some kind of strong point, but for a bit of comparison let's look at Jose. I am in no way a fan of Jose, and indeed I was one of the most vocal Jose out posters when I felt his time here came to an end. James, Maguire and AWB. Dan James, fair enough, we were far more likely to get a Perisic or Willian than him, but then he was recommended to us by Giggs, he wasn't some find by our scouting team. Jose wanted Maguire last year, and AWB, arguably the most defensively accomplished RB in the league, he seems like exactly the kind of player Jose would have wanted (Lest we forget his two defensive signings for us were both young players, before anyone mentions the age argument). Looked at from this angle, then at least two of the three transfers Ole is praised for are players the miserable one would have wanted as well.

The style of football is genuinely not any better than under any of the previous managers. For me at least, I don't see any signs of what he's trying to do. During the initial few games when he came in I thought that was the style of football he was trying to implement, but then after an entire summer with the team, our style of play couldn't be further from that, and just overall we look aimless. As I said in the Arsenal post match thread, we're just a nothing team. We don't really try to do anything in particular on the field, it's just sort of aimless scrimmaging and hoping for a moment of magic.

Then there's the issue of the board. Sure, our board have their issues, certainly, but the board had issues when the previous managers were around as well. Didn't we all agree that those managers were crap during their time here, in addition to the board being crap? How then, has it become the case with Ole here that the board is crap, so we don't know what Ole is capable of, and this is all on the board?

"He loves the club/Genuinely cares for the club" Why is this relevant when assessing him as a manager? How many of the most successful managers in the last fifty years have been people who loved the club they were successful at? Perhaps Pep and Zidane, both of whom were exceptional right from the off, but other than them, is this really something we should be considering when looking at what our manager is doing? Certainly I don't think Sir Alex loved United or genuinely cared for United when he came down from Aberdeen.

On paper, there isn't much that needs to be said. Ole has been a manager for around a decade now, and on paper he's the worst/second worst manager we've had in the post SAF era, so it's not like he has any sort of CV for us to point towards.

This has turned into a bit of a ramble, but in the end, from my point of view at least, there's absolutely no reason that OGS should be the manager, of all the managers we've had, that we say we're going to back beyond any shadow of a doubt and see what happens. He's the manager with the most doubt hanging over his head, after all. If we were going to do that, then why didn't we stick with Jose?
Great, great post. You sum up really well the strange, utterly illogical insanity that is over Utd and much of it's fanbase.

Also, 'scrimmaging' is a lovely word...

Cloud7

Great, great post. You sum up really well the strange, utterly illogical insanity that is over Utd and much of it's fanbase.

Also, 'scrimmaging' is a lovely word...
Yeah it is a great word. Our style of play reminds me of when my friends and I are waiting for everyone to finish getting their gears on when it's time for our weekly football, and we're just kicking the ball around each other, not really going anywhere or doing anything purposeful, just having a scrimmage :D

SteveW

Yeah because failing at Cardiff is all he's ever done. Those eight months stuck at a sinking ship is what should define someone who's been in the game and bred success wherever he went for decades - both as a player and a coach. Cardiff - the club with an owner who changed the color of their kit because he believed in magic - that's all Solskjaer was ever about prior to joining us. You numbwits need to stop parroting eachother - it's beyond pathetic at this point :lol: And yeah it's the worst start in decades I'll give you that and the rest of the season will probably be one of mediocrity as well - but don't forget that we were also in the worst state we've been in for thirty years when he came in - so what is making you put all this blame on Ole exactly? What's he done wrong so far - at our club?

I've made a checklist here of what supporters expected from a new manager when Mourinho decided to throw us into the toilet but thankfully got sacked before having a chance to properly flush:

- Raising Morale: Check he's done that.
- Instilling some work ethics into the squad: Check he's done that.
- Getting rid of or at least sideline players who's heads were elsewhere and lacking the proper dedication / mercenaries / deadwood / whateverthefeckyoucallthem: Check he's doing that.
- Give youth a chance: Check he's done that.
- Sign players who are top class and actually appreciates playing here: Check he's done that.
- Adapt a more attractive style of football putting us back on the front foot: Check he's done that.
- Improve our defense: Check he's done that.

Now here's the things he's not done yet - or at least only partially:

- Improve our midfield: James is definitely an improvement and McTominay is someone who makes me miss Herrera less than I thought I would but we sorely need a proper creative force and per now we're suffering due to this.
- Improve our attack: Lukaku was good riddance but he was also our third best contributor offensively and it's proven a disastrous decision not to replace him as we have no natural finishers of proper age at present.
- Build a team of such quality it can successfully stand on it's front foot playing a more attractive style of football: They failed to improve midfield and attack so for now that's tough even though they do try their best.

Now in all honesty - two more signings is probably what separates us from looking a much better side this season - a solidified top-four even - and we'll probably get those come January. In my opinion t was a mistake of epic proportions not to get this done before entering this campaign and I believe they grossly overestimated the strength of certain members within our squad when deciding to proceed without reinforcing those areas - but to be honest that's the only thing I feel let down by since he took charge so even though we're currently paying a high price for that slip-up - I'm looking past that effortlessly. Especially as it seems he too has acknowledged this - and they're working on remedying the situation as soon as possible.
Great post. This is exactly how I feel also

Water Melon

Good post. Never liked Jose's reign at United, but Ole seems to be utteely clueless here.

Status
Not open for further replies.