Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tonnas

See this attitude pisses me off . We are United . What in hell does that even start to mean ?
It means nothing, tell that to AC Milan or Liverpool or Arsenal .

Ole has started to turn around the disasters of Moyes LVG and to a lesser extent Mourinhos signings . We actually look like we are going somewhere for the first time since Ferguson retired . I'm glad match going fans can see this and not have opinions like half the glory hunters on here
Ohhh so if peopl do nto agree on Ole they are Glory Hunters? I think any Glory hunter have left the club much before in the last 8 years...

Tel074

Ohhh so if peopl do nto agree on Ole they are Glory Hunters? I think any Glory hunter have left the club much before in the last 8 years...

Nah I've no probs people not agreeing with Ole being the boss

DarkXaero

"The only team to take points off Liverpool this season" can now be chalked off Ole's resume :lol:

Ole has been very lucky to be in the position he's in right now. Awful performance most of the season, but still has a great chance (now) to get CL qualification. If he somehow messes this up, it's a massive failure on his part.

tonnas

Still can’t believe 50% of this thread want Ole gone despite the excellent rebuilding job he has done.

Far too many people can’t see past a few games at a time
Because it is NOT imo,we had some improvement but we had much more dreadfull performances and results. Do you think we can win the league and cl with Ole? What I really think, if Ole is given a very very good squad the max he could do will be a constant cl spot (simialr to wenger in the rvp era), nothing more (maybe a cup there and then). I want a mnager that with a very good squad will challenge for the league and cl.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

This month is make or break for Ole. We flopped hard in January, but if he can get this team firing through March we can put ourselves in a brilliant position. We could be chasing down 3rd if we can get any level of consistency.

RUCK4444

See this attitude pisses me off . We are United . What in hell does that even start to mean ?
It means nothing, tell that to AC Milan or Liverpool or Arsenal .

Ole has started to turn around the disasters of Moyes LVG and to a lesser extent Mourinhos signings . We actually look like we are going somewhere for the first time since Ferguson retired . I'm glad match going fans can see this and not have opinions like half the glory hunters on here
Totally agree mate. Don't get me wrong I don't want standards to drop, last thing I want, but people need to wake up and realise how far we had fallen.

When you fall down to that level you can't demand success and trophies every season just because it's what we are used to. It takes a hell of a lot of work and inevitably time to get back to the top. And every time we changed managers we effectively restarted from the beginning.

The impatient and demanding fans view each manager through this perspective of instant success. It skews their opinions and ultimately puts a huge amount of pressure on each manager, they feed off the press and vice versa which only helps to build the pressure cooker atmosphere every United manager faces.

theklr

With Chelsea continuing to drop, if Ole doesn't get the top 4, he should be sacked immediately at the conclusion of the season. It's almost inexcusable now.
Harsh but true.

Think not getting CL next year will be so damaging to our players, club and transfers that we need a new manager to soften the blow.

croadyman

I still don't believe he is the right person for the club long term, however I wouldn't want us to bring in a manager who rips everything up and we have to start the rebuild all over again. Ideally I would like to see us bring in someone like Nagelsmann to take over Ole once he has got the club in a healthier position than the one left by Jose.

Tel074

Totally agree mate. Don't get me wrong I don't want standards to drop, last thing I want, but people need to wake up and realise how far we had fallen.

When you fall down to that level you can't demand success and trophies every season just because it's what we are used to. It takes a hell of a lot of work and inevitably time to get back to the top. And every time we changed managers we effectively restarted from the beginning.

The impatient and demanding fans view each manager through this perspective of instant success. It skews their opinions and ultimately puts a huge amount of pressure on each manager, they feed off the press and vice versa which only helps to build the pressure cooker atmosphere every United manager faces.

Totally agree with that but thankfully 99% of people I talk to on match days are backing Ole and make OT a place where he and the players don't feel that pressure . We all have different opinions on if Ole can win us trophies but only a idiot would give him zero credit for the rebuild he is obviously doing atm

RUCK4444

Totally agree with that but thankfully 99% of people I talk to on match days are backing Ole and make OT a place where he and the players don't feel that pressure . We all have different opinions on if Ole can win us trophies but only a idiot would give him zero credit for the rebuild he is obviously doing atm
Yeah the match going fans are incredible, the away support is the best in the league.

I agree that people are entitled to their opinions, of course they are, but the agenda a lot here have against Ole is beyond tiring.

hobbers

Was LVG Moyes or Jose a past player? What a moronic post
Oh sorry, did I say that all disastrous managers ever were former players at whatever club they imploded at? What an embarrassing attempt at a rebuttal. :lol:

I shouldn't have to explain something so simple but I'll take pity on you. Liverpool and Milan's massive falls from grace were not solely down to nostalgically giving old players chances in the manager seat, but that certainly played a part in both of their demises. Do you understand now or should I break it down even more?

Tel074

Oh sorry, did I say that all disastrous managers ever were former players at whatever club they imploded at? What an embarrassing attempt at a rebuttal. :lol:

I shouldn't have to explain something so simple but I'll take pity on you. Liverpool and Milan's massive falls from grace were not solely down to nostalgically giving old players chances in the manager seat, but that certainly played a part in both of their demises. Do you understand now or should I break it down even more?
Read your original post haha . You know what you where attempting to imply and now you are trying to look like it wasn't as bloody moronic as it really was . Honestly just accept you posted complete nonsense and we can move on

L1nk

Read your original post haha . You know what you where attempting to imply and now you are trying to look like it wasn't as bloody moronic as it really was . Honestly just accept you posted complete nonsense and we can move on
Uh, i understood it perfectly, Liverpool especially are known for being far to romantic and nostalgic in that period and its part of the reason its taken them this long to really rise back to the top, because the fall was that dramatic. It's your post thats moronic.

Tel074

Uh, i understood it perfectly, Liverpool especially are known for being far to romantic and nostalgic in that period and its part of the reason its taken them this long to really rise back to the top, because the fall was that dramatic. It's your post thats moronic.
Who are you ? " I understood it perfectly" I was having a discussion with hobbers. Hahaha seriously are you his girlfriend did I upset him haha.
Ok my post was moronic, you two ladies enjoy your Sunday stroll and I won't respond or upset you both again

ReddBalls

I also understood perfectly. He was using anecdotal evidence to support the rather preposterous claim that it is wether or not the manager has played for the club that determines if he will be a success. There are countless examples of former players who are both successes and failures (more failures than successes for obvious reasons).

Stadjer

Ole won 3-0 against Watford. Klopp lost 0-3 and Ole also only lost 0-2 away to Watford.

Ole > Klopp

Sack Klopp new contract for Ole!

hobbers

Baffling.

What part of 'Milan and Liverpool appointed past players out of nostalgia and it greatly harmed their footballing ambitions' is too complex for you? What does that point have to do with us hiring Moyes or Mourinho?

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Another stupid decision to play a brand new formation which meant no one knew what they were doing.

We were completely absent in terms of attacking in the second half after dominating the first one.

Genuinely cannot see why people think we'd improve under this guy, apart from buying 11 world class players who'll coach themselves.

DRM

If he's still here next season expect more days like today. We have not managed to win 2 consecutive away games this season!! That's fecking shocking stuff.

Mainoldo

Wake up. This past annoying. This manager is clueless. Tries to play a rubbish version of Atletico Madrid in a must win game. Who is giving him advice?

No more learning on the job and no more borrowed time. Get a proper manager in.

TheGame

Another stupid decision to play a brand new formation which meant no one knew what they were doing.

We were completely absent in terms of attacking in the second half after dominating the first one.

Genuinely cannot see why people think we'd improve under this guy, apart from buying 11 world class players who'll coach themselves.
What are you babbling on about? We played well for 60 mins with the new formation so clearly everyone did know what they were doing. We were poor in the last 30 mins.

DRM

Ole "we're pleased with the point"

WHAT THE FLYING feck?!?

Greck

Three letters. W-D-L. Make sure to remember it when people get carried away.

90 + 5min

If he's still here next season expect more days like today. We have not managed to win 2 consecutive away games this season!! That's fecking shocking stuff.
Wake up. This past annoying. This manager is clueless. Tries to play a rubbish version of Atletico Madrid in a must win game. Who is giving him advice?

No more learning on the job and no more borrowed time. Get a proper manager in.
Has to go and by the end of the season. Second half performance was extremely poor again.
Three letters. W-D-L. Make sure to remember it when people get carried away.
I don't want to laugh at posts like this after a tough game where we played very good for 4/6. but I am very close to that.

Fooza

We’d all have taken a point before kick off and if it’s wasn’t for De Gea having a nightmare at the start we’d have won.
Calm down.
I'm not going in on Ole anymore as that's going to be decided on CL. But really? We'd have taken a point before... against Everton? I know Goodison is a tough place, but if that's the mentality than I'm afraid there is just no hope anymore.

I really hope Ole didn't have that kind of mentality before the game, it's a pathetic mentality and shouldn't belong at united regardless of the team we have.

Mainoldo

I don't want to laugh at posts like this after a tough game where we played very good for 4/6. but I am very close to that.
Not surprised your low standards find it funny. Have a :lol:. Would have been more disappointed in you if you was upset.

Irwin99

I'm not exactly thrilled by this season or the 'plan' in place this summer but come on, that was a good point at one of our trickiest games of this season with some good football in the first half. Even i'm not that negative to moan about the result :lol:

He got a good point and the diamond formation caused them problems. Only negative perhaps was that Everton figured it out second half.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
Ole "we're pleased with the point"

WHAT THE FLYING feck?!?
well we could have lost. VAR saved our arse again.

Maybe we should appoint VAR as manager with Ole as his assistant.

Roboc7

Today was why I don’t want him here next season, you can get him better players but he’ll always be the very limited, passive and negative manager that we saw. There’s no master plan with Ole or huge improvement coming just more of the same with a few better players.

Greck

Do you know why Ole needed the win? To give himself a cushion on our next 2 games against City and Spurs. You need to look at the bigger fixture list. Celebrating a good 45 mins preceding a 2nd half collapse is what we should actually be laughing at

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I think we need at least four points from the City and Spurs games. Avoiding two defeats but getting two draws wouldn’t be enough, and I’m not sure a win and a loss would be either.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Probably a bit harsh to give Ole much stick today.
We were poor in the second half, but it looked like they struggled for energy after Thursday.
If the form dips fully again then he should go, we’ll just have to wait and see what happens.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Who’s we? We all needed the win to get top 4. Bottled again.
I think “bottled” is unfair. We defended resolutely today and battled well even when the performance dipped. It definitely wasn’t a case of bottling it.

It’s disappointing because a win would have been massive, but it’s a decent result.

The two worrying aspects are the lack of ability to pass under pressure and the dip in second half performance. Both of which need to be analyzed.

Status
Not open for further replies.