Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
I don't disagree but Ole's whole mantra is based on romanticism and nostalgia, I can't see him releasing former United legends/players and replacing them with people from outside of the fold because it goes against every thing he stands for and his entire sales-pitch for getting/remaining in the job.

And therein lies the problem. We are not hitting the next level with Ole, Carrick, McKenna and Phelan - I'm sorry, we are not. Ole and a team of modern, progressive coaches who can do the things he can't? Absolutely, it could happen.
I'm not sure what you want done. Any manager should get his choices for assistants, period. Do you really want the owners and directors to have veto power on who the manager hires? Do you think any good manager would accept such conditions?

Danimancer

It's a pretty objective way of measuring progress. Sure nobody gives a damn if you win the leauge with 70 points, but it's an objective of measuring results. Liverpool finished 2nd with 97 points last season that is pretty good measure of their quality compared to our 82 points finish with Jose.

If we finish the season with 2 points more than Sheffield United then quite clearly something is deeply wrong with our club.
If we finish the season with 2 points more than Sheffield United, but as either 4th, 3rd, 2nd or 1st, then I say we moved forward. In the end football is measured in results - not points tally obtained to get the results, or goals conceded, key passes, playing style, VAR decisions etc... that's always going to be subjective in terms of importance given. No, it's the cold brutal tally of trophies/titles/league place earned.

TRUERED89

Just like Moyes he’s not my manager. He’s just on an internship until the club decides to get serious again. Hopefully in May.
So only good managers, are your managers? If you support Man United they're all your managers whether you like it/them or not!

TRUERED89

We've conceded lots of goals from them and haven't scored enough so imagine how many points we'd have had with one.
Yep, but we've seen an improvement on defending set pieces vs Everton (slab head was immense). Then also an improvement on scoring them too vs Chelsea (Bruno massively helping with this). So I think going forward this will improve sooner rather than later.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
If we finish the season with 2 points more than Sheffield United, but as either 4th, 3rd, 2nd or 1st, then I say we moved forward. In the end football is measured in results - not points tally obtained to get the results, or goals conceded, key passes, playing style, VAR decisions etc... that's always going to be subjective in terms of importance given. No, it's the cold brutal tally of trophies/titles/league place earned.
If it happens next season as well it's clear we need to switch managers with Sheffield United.

Mainoldo

So only good managers, are your managers? If you support Man United they're all your managers whether you like it/them or not!
Yes. When he eventually goes I’ll forget it ever happened. Similar to Moyes. I just about remember him when prompted.

Alabaster Codify7

I'm not sure what you want done. Any manager should get his choices for assistants, period. Do you really want the owners and directors to have veto power on who the manager hires? Do you think any good manager would accept such conditions?

I don't know really man. What I would expect, is for the manager to recognise shortcomings and if his current coaches aren't rectifying the problems, look to upgrade and modernise the coaching team. But it seems Ole is happy with the coaching team, which for me personally (as someone who doesn't think they are good at all), suggests he doesn't have an eye for such things and doesn't think there's a problem. The fact we're on course for our lowest points tally suggests otherwise.

TRUERED89

Yes. When he eventually goes I’ll forget it ever happened. Similar to Moyes. I just about remember him when prompted.
So what's your criteria to support a manager then? Instant glory? I guess you only consider SAF and SMB the only managers we've ever had then.

matt10000

We had two of the worlds best coaches at our club, that didnt work out. We dont know what kind of coach Ole is because he is only starting. Barca did it with Pep, Madrid did it with Zidane.

Ole has shown glimpses in what he can do, the man needs time. He has improved players, he has signed good players. He has been unlucky with injuries. 1 year is not enough time, if all these Ole outers where around in the late 80's Fergie would have been gone. Lucky the board knows bit more about football than some of our 'fans'.
There were plenty that wanted Fergie out but I have never met a fan who admits to have been Fergie out, funnily enough everyone seems to have known at the time he would succeed. No internet then though!

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
There were plenty that wanted Fergie out but I have never met a fan who admits to have been Fergie out, funnily enough everyone seems to have known at the time he would succeed. No internet then though!
Saf really is the exeption rather than the rule. Wenger is the closest thing to Saf in the modern era and didn't win half the silverware Saf did.

Foxbatt

It's ridiculous to even talk about Fergie because he was brought to Manchester United because of his success in Scotland. He won the Scottish league with Aberdeen when the Scottish league was very strong. Then he beat Bayern Munich and Real to win the Cup winners Cup. He already had the track record of winning and up coming manager while Ole had only won the league in Norway.

Mainoldo

So what's your criteria to support a manager then? Instant glory? I guess you only consider SAF and SMB the only managers we've ever had then.
I’m not ancient I’ve only lived through SAF and the rest. How many have you lived through?

There’s no criteria theres no manual. I don’t like Ole and I didn’t like Moyes.

I don’t demand people support the players because the majority damn well sure don’t if they consider them not fit to be at ‘our’ club.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I’m not ancient I’ve only lived through SAF and the rest. How many have you lived through?

There’s no criteria theres no manual. I don’t like Ole and I didn’t like Moyes.

I don’t demand people support the players because the majority damn well sure don’t if they consider them not fit to be at ‘our’ club.
You were quite active in the Jose Out thread too if I recall.

Be honest, you just hate football managers.

TRUERED89

Yes at under 5 I was repping get Fergie out :lol:
What were your thoughts on SAF between 2003 - 2006? You must of been pulling your hair out no ? I bet you said get him out and don’t lie either :lol:. You’ve been here since 2004 so technically a RedCafe elder statesman, I’d expect better from you son!

theklr

If Sam Allardyce only had Fergie's United.

He probably wouldn’t have been as good as Fergie but if he had Chelsea’s team he would have done a lot better with better players. But similar Fergie wouldn’t have been as good as Allardyce with his ‘imaginary’ Chelsea team.

Am I getting it right?
If you mean its easier to manage better teams, then yea.

Mainoldo

What were your thoughts on SAF between 2003 - 2006? You must of been pulling your hair out no ? I bet you said get him out and don’t lie either :lol:. You’ve been here since 2004 so technically a RedCafe elder statesman, I’d expect better from you son!
That was a long time ago but of course not. I was more interested in who do we eventually get to replace him as he’s getting on. I also questioned his decisions.. but so does everyone. We’re fans he wasn’t always right either. I mean Blanc for Stam. Like replacing Mourinho for Ole.

Mainoldo

You were quite active in the Jose Out thread too if I recall.

Be honest, you just hate football managers.
I was he was finished and fans kept backing him. You’d think I would have learned my lesson and released a lot of fans don’t have a clue.

I mean have you seen Mourinho for Spurs :lol:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
I was he was finished and fans kept backing him. You’d think I would have learned my lesson and released a lot of fans don’t have a clue.

I mean have you seen Mourinho for Spurs :lol:
I have, and I like what I see.

Agent Mourinho is doing a grand job so far :)

lysglimt

Scout
And now both Bruno and Ighalo seems like brilliant signings.....for a manager who is completely incompetent, he does a lot of clever signings

Mainoldo

And now both Bruno and Ighalo seems like brilliant signings.....for a manager who is completely incompetent, he does a lot of clever signings
If Haaland never rejected us we wouldn’t have had neither. Master stroke our Ole.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Big win for Solskjaer, get the feeling that if he could get to the F.A Cup final, he'll buy himself another season.

Not that I want him here, but the board obviously do for whatever reason, so good luck to him.

hobbers

... He could have signed Bruno in the summer. He wanted to sign Josh King, even on a permanent deal, before turning to Ighalo.

Not sure why you would think AWB or Maguire were "clever" signings either. Rather two of the most obvious signings ever made. More than a tad closer to a Real signing Ronaldo than an Andy Robertson or a Vidic.

theklr

... He could have signed Bruno in the summer. He wanted to sign Josh King, even on a permanent deal, before turning to Ighalo.

Not sure why you would think AWB or Maguire were "clever" signings either. Rather two of the most obvious signings ever made. More than a tad closer to a Real signing Ronaldo than an Andy Robertson or a Vidic.
Well, in the summer he thought Pogba would play for us, thats why he didnt buy Bruno. And King > Ighalo .

Zen86

Funny how we couldn’t make these obvious signings in the years beforehand isn’t it.

hobbers

Funny how we couldn’t make these obvious signings in the years beforehand isn’t it.
Well no, not really. We had Valencia and Young, and there were hardly many outstanding right backs out there to easily replace them with.

And it's not like Mourinho didn't try to sign Maguire is it?

Club signings, not Ole signings. End of.

And King > Ighalo .
Bournemouth's third best forward, previous United reject, who's best position is inside left, exactly the same as Rashford AND Martial AND James...

No, in this context a £30m+ permanent deal for King <<<<<<<<<< Ighalo on loan. Ole is just so, so lucky Bournemouth said no.

slored1

I've been one of his biggest critics, but a 9 game unbeaten streak is quite a good achievement. Our next three league games will be massive, if we get 7 points or more I'm fairly certain we'll get into CL next season.

Zen86

Well no, not really. We had Valencia and Young, and there were hardly many outstanding right backs out there to easily replace them with.

Heh, you tell yourself whatever you want :wenger:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
And now both Bruno and Ighalo seems like brilliant signings.....for a completely incompetent manager, he does a lot of clever signings
His 100% success rate in the transfer market is enough to warrant another season in charge in my opinion.

ReddBalls

Bournemouth's third best forward, previous United reject, who's best position is inside left, exactly the same as Rashford AND Martial AND James...

No, in this context a £30m+ permanent deal for King <<<<<<<<<< Ighalo on loan. Ole is just so, so lucky Bournemouth said no.
You would look less like a clueless, blind agenda poster if you actually gave credit where it's due. Just saying.

So many who can't even give him the slightest bit of credit. You know, you wouldn't be Ole in if you admitted he's done something right lately.

Not a single good signing (or if they admit some of them are good, it's not to Oles credit)
No players have made progress under Ole
If we beat big teams- lets complain on how we can't break down small team
When we do break down small teams, it's only (_______).

9 unbeaten in a row, 22-2 goal difference. Progress? Nope, obviously not.

Last edited:

theklr

I think King prefer to be a number 9 though, but I dont know the stats about where he does best.

Still think he would be an excellent squad option for the future.

But Im Norwegian so could be biased.

Status
Not open for further replies.