Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Focusmate

Supports
Non League
No Lukaku replacement, threadbare squad, world record signing wants out and barely played, team in transition.
Id say Ole has done well. Later stages of Europa and FA cup with chances in both. Fighting for top 4.
Who thought we would be better than this at the start of the season? Jury is still out on Ole but deserves another season... we seem to be on the up at the minute.
Also in contrast to the Pogba situation he would put everything he had into the club.

Zen86

Not a case of me telling myself anything, simply pointing out the obvious realities.
The obvious realities are that we just won 3-0 and you’re on here criticising him over... well, whatever the hell it is you’re trying to say. Get over it.

Amarsdd

If Haaland never rejected us we wouldn’t have had neither. Master stroke our Ole.
:lol: did Ole do something to you or your close ones? just based on the last couple of pages it seems very very personal ..

hobbers

Still think he would be an excellent squad option for the future.

But Im Norwegian so could be biased.
He's already 28 though. We don't need more mediocre squad options we need top players to push us up a level. He wouldn't have been a bad loan signing, same as Ighalo, but a permanent move should have been a total no-no.

You would look less like a clueless, blind agenda poster if you actually gave credit where it's due. Just saying.
:lol: Plenty of people in this thread could be accused of being clueless, blind and agenda-driven and I am not one of them.

I'll save the giving of credit for when it's actually due. Like if we finish the season in the top four, which we should do easily given Spurs and Chelsea's situations. And if we win a cup, which we should do especially having the easiest possible draws in both of them.

I gave Ole plenty of credit this time last year and then look how that turned out... we'll see if the 'total collapse in mid-March' was just a one-time thing.

Foxbatt

Today was a good result so lets keep it that way until Sunday. Let us see how it goes on Sunday.

Mainoldo

:lol: did Ole do something to you or your close ones? just based on the last couple of pages it seems very very personal ..
Yeah. He said yes when Woodward gave him the job offer :lol:

I find it weirdly entertaining. Don’t ask me why.

Fts 74

I changed to Ole out after Burnley and I stand by that, but i'll give credit where credit is due, this is an excellent little run we're on and if we can get 7 pts from the next 9 It could turn into a very good season after all.

RUCK4444

7 clean sheets in 9 games. Good run.
Yeah and a good amount of goals scored as well.

I really hope even the hardened Ole haters can see the grass chutes of improvement in this squad.

I said in the Bruno thread that we now have a team capable of having a player like Bruno and actually make the most of him. A player like Bruno will force the game and try the tricky pass and we will lose possession quite a bit as a result. Having a starting 11 capable of coping with that without shit*ing the bed is big progress IMO and tells me we have something to physically start building on.

The prime example of this is Pogba. Similar player to Bruno and I honestly believe we would see the best of him in this more settled, functional squad.

If we can keep Pogba and add Sancho (and Kane if we really want to dream) then this side will be making huge strides forward.

Mainoldo

We're on a nine-game unbeaten streak having scored 22 goals and keeping 7 clean sheets.

Credit where it's due?
Obviously I won’t us to do well. So long may it continue. Fingers crossed we make the Champions League..

SteveW

His 100% success rate in the transfer market is enough to warrant another season in charge in my opinion.
He's building a squad one good signing at a time. People underestimate the importance of recruitment in being a manager. He's getting it spot on.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Yeah and a good amount of goals scored as well.

I really hope even the hardened Ole haters can see the grass chutes of improvement in this squad.

I said in the Bruno thread that we now have a team capable of having a player like Bruno and actually make the most of him. A player like Bruno will force the game and try the tricky pass and we will lose possession quite a bit as a result. Having a starting 11 capable of coping with that without shit*ing the bed is big progress IMO and tells me we have something to physically start building on.

The prime example of this is Pogba. Similar player to Bruno and I honestly believe we would see the best of him in this more settled, functional squad.

If we can keep Pogba and add Sancho (and Kane if we really want to dream) then this side will be making huge strides forward.
Unlikely they're all too busy ******* to the idea of bringing in their favourite Manager rather than actually enjoying our performances lately. Each to their own I guess.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Yeah but the real test is on Sunday.
I'm not so sure it is. City are the best team in the country, a draw against them will be a great result. The real tests are beating a garbage Spurs team and Sheffield Utd because if we win both those games I think we will be heavy favourites for the top four.

Toad

You can see he is improving as a manager as the season progresses. He always wanted Bruno from the summer and I think if he had him back then we would have comfortably been in a top 4 position. You can see the rebuild shaping up slowly, a long way to go though in terms of more signings but more important, the development.

crossy1686

career ending
I'm not so sure it is. City are the best team in the country, a draw against them will be a great result. The real tests are beating a garbage Spurs team and Sheffield Utd because if we win both those games I think we will be heavy favourites for the top four.
It was a joke mate. Every time Solskjaer wins a game he never gets credit for it, and it used to be "Yeah but x is the real challenge next week". That team could have literally been anyone.

We had a period where some posters wanted us to lose just to see how we would react to a defeat...

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
He's building a squad one good signing at a time. People underestimate the importance of recruitment in being a manager. He's getting it spot on.
Quite right.

After the travesty of Jose and LVG's transfer market excursions, it's refreshing heading into the summer knowing we have a manager with a keen eye for player talent, rather than one who goes for the most expensive player on the market. I've never been a fan of the galactico policy.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Quite right.

After the travesty of Jose and LVG's transfer market excursions, it's refreshing heading into the summer knowing we have a manager with a keen eye for player talent, rather than one who goes for the most expensive player on the market. I've never been a fan of the galactico policy.
:lol: well he's definitely bought the most expensive CB on the market, in the premier league anyway. And as a RB AWB can't be far off most expensive on the market.

I get the points about credit where credit is due. We have looked promising recently, there's no denying it and Ole deserves the credit for that. But I still find it hard to believe people are amazed when you spend £200m on three players and they turn out to be half decent. Shock horror!

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
:lol: well he's definitely bought the most expensive CB on the market, in the premier league anyway. And as a RB AWB can't be far off most expensive on the market.

I get the points about credit where credit is due. We have looked promising recently, there's no denying it and Ole deserves the credit for that. But I still find it hard to believe people are amazed when you spend £200m on three players and they turn out to be half decent. Shock horror!
I think you missed the point mate.

Anybody can go out and buy the most expensive players on the market, ala Jose and LVG, but identifying whether they will settle in the area, gel with their teammates, adapt to the tactics and genuinely want to play for the club is another matter entirely. Ole isn't afraid to spend big money in the transfer market, clearly, but he's doing so with a calculated approach. A far cry from the Jose method.

Stadjer

Yeah but the real test is on Sunday.
Ole usually does well when he can set up to sit back and just counter with speed. His problem is going to be that Rashford is perfect for that type of tactic but he isnt fit.

I do wonder what Ole his tactic or change would be if he came behind early in the game. Pretty sure he will start with his 5-3-2 tactic again.

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I think you missed the point mate.

Anybody can go out and buy the most expensive players on the market, ala Jose and LVG, but identifying whether they will settle in the area, gel with their teammates, adapt to the tactics and genuinely want to play for the club is another matter entirely. Ole isn't afraid to spend big money in the transfer market, clearly, but he's doing so with a calculated approach. A far cry from the Jose method.
You do realise of course that two of our standout performers in recent run of good form have been Fred and Matic right? So much black and white on these threads, gets tedious. Ole’s the bestest ever he’s spent £200m on three players really amazingly well, no one else could have done that. Terrible Jose the pantomime villain only loaded up the club with 35year old mercenaries who turn to dust when he leaves blah blah blah

Snuffkin

I like how Ole doesn't just boost his own signings. He's happy to extole the virtues of Jose signings and so on. Lindelof is a good example. A lot of managers would have replaced him with Smalling but Ole just wants what's best. There is no ego trip going on which is a pleasant change.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
You do realize of course that two of our standout performers in the recent run of good form have been Fred and Matic right? So much black and white on these threads gets tedious. Ole’s the best ever he’s spent £200m on three players amazingly well, no one else could have done that. Terrible Jose the pantomime villain only loaded up the club with 35year old mercenaries who turn to dust when he leaves blah blah blah
Yeah, I have noticed that. You'll also notice that Jose couldn't get a tune out of Fred or Matic when he was in charge, whereas Ole has them playing better than ever for the club. So not only has Ole outshone Jose in the transfer market, but he has also improved his players as well. That's pretty good going, no?

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
Yeah, I have noticed that. You'll also notice that Jose couldn't get a tune out of Fred or Matic when he was in charge, whereas Ole has them playing better than ever for the club. So not only has Ole outshone Jose in the transfer market, but he has also improved his players as well. That's pretty good going, no?
He deserves credit for the team playing and performing well at the minute. The signs are promising.

As for how much credit he’s getting, the lines are not as generous as you’re making out. Matic was a fine performer in the season where we came second. Fred was always likely to need a season to adapt, especially playing with some of the players weve been fielding.

In fact one of the things bothers me is how lvg and Jose are written off as these useless failures in their time here. If that’s the bar people are using, htf does ole compare to that? I mean they actually won stuff.

Lvg spent most of.a season playing fecking paddy McNair in midfield and people think ole has it bad....

troylocker

This poll needs to be live or removed....right now it reflects nothing but the, in my mind, embarrassing state of the caf after a couple of bad results.

Water Melon

Your on mate enjoy your last few weeks on the caf
With pleasure, mate. It looks like Ole might get us CL this season which would be good. However, if he does not, I am sure he will be replaced. The run in is going to be really special for me now :lol:

RUCK4444

A big factor in the progress we've made in the rebuild in my opinion is down to the fact that Ole has not only bought well but there is a marked improvement in almost every player in the starting 11, he doesn't care if they are 'his' signings or not, he's worked with what he had for the good of the club, no ego, no excuses. I can relate to and respect that.

Rashford - Was having his best season under Ole (injury was gutting)
Martial - Likewise having a very good season, even by his frustrating standards, and link up with Rashford improving further.
Fred - Has been completely transformed, one of the first names on the team sheet, a lot here wrote him off, Excellent player for us now.
Matic - Starting to look like his old self, went to absolute bits under Mourinho towards the end, wish he was 5 years younger.
Shaw - Recently looking the real deal again, Mourinho seemed intent on ridiculing him and writing him off, looks great under Ole.

That's existing players that were not his own signings. When you do factor in his own signings they have been spot-fecking-on. That's pretty impressive imo.

You know what your getting with Ole, he has no ego, he simply wants the best for the club, the same as us fans. He's been an outstanding custodian in his spell so far imo, if he continues to rejuvenate this squad and manages to secure CL football then he will have done a great job when you consider our situation at the end of Jose's tenure.

Some here don't deserve him, he's been the one shining light of positivity and the sole person who has started to steer this juggernaut of a club in the right feckin' direction since SAF retired. Yet 50% of posters here want him sacked immediately according to the poll, incredible.

Whatever happens with Ole I hope he's remembered for at least stopping the 6 year rot and having a positive impact in polar contrast to supposedly 'better managers' that have come and gone before him. I for one appreciate him and will continue to sing his name at games.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
This poll needs to be live or removed....right now it reflects nothing but the, in my mind, embarrassing state of the caf after a couple of bad results.
Yeah, most of the original votes are from 5 months ago and some people, we don't know how many, changed their vote once or multiple times.

SteveW

Quite right.

His attention to detail has impressed me. Not only is he looking for quality signings in exactly the positions they are most needed he's looking for attitude, genuine desire to play for the club and leadership. 2 of his 4 signings were club captains. All 4 of his signings have almost spotless career injury records and barely miss any games through injury. This type of planning sets him apart from previous managers who've signed a collection of mercenaries and sicknotes. And it's starting to pay off on the pitch.

I get the irony of me typing this as AWB, Maguire and James all missed tonight's game through injury. :lol: My point still stands. They've been almost ever present.

Tarrou

7 clean sheets in 9
new signings doing well
attack starting to function
unified support from the players
players like Shaw, Matic, Fred all improving
youth players having an impact

despite the negatives to counter the above I struggle to understand why fans wouldn't want to see this through until at least the end of the season

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
Ole deserves his credit no doubt. Bruno has been massive for us so far and Igahlo seems to be settling in nicely. A big part of the improvement in my opinion is that we now have confidence and it’s bringing out the better quality in players who have otherwise been poor before. See Fred for example. It’s great now, but we’ll see how it turns out when we have a day where our heads get rocked again, and how we respond. That response will tell us a lot about our improved form. For now, I’d update my vote to let Ole finish the season at the very least.

Status
Not open for further replies.