Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Maybe just comment on what I actually write if you disagree rather than attempting to psychoanalyze me. I'm not interested in getting intimate with you RandomInternetGuy2496474901 ;)
I'm actually interested in whether those that defend him genuinely think he has real talent. It baffles me that this might be the case but no one seems willing to confirm one way or the other.

Regardless of that I'm really not sure if you're my type but I'll still be there if you need me. :smirk:

TrueRed79

I’d love to know what the 60% are smoking honestly. At this rate, we’ll be celebrating staying out of the relegation zone.
I'd like to know as well. What are you smoking? It's a weird blind loyalty to a player that served the club so well and he'll always be a legend but 5 wins in 22 games!? Cmon, wake up.

MisterLupus

You don’t fcking sell them both with no replacements. Naive, suicidal & awful management
They had to be sold - they also needed replacing. They didn't get it all wrong they got it 50% right the way I see it and now we're paying the price for not going the whole nine yards - something most of us warned about too I might add.

This is Manchester United. Its criminal to not replace them - and reportedly he told Woodward that he had the strike force he needed. He has no clue how a big club participating in four competitions is run. Utterly out of his depth. Lukaku needed to go but he is ten times the finisher Rashford is. Ole will pay for it (very soon).

Also you can't say you're not a fan of xg and then use it as a basis for your argument.
Of course the should have been replaced - I've already said this so why keep pressing that point? Keeping them however was never an option - I won't agree on that. Did we do better towards the end of last season with them in the team? They contributed feck all except poisoning the atmosphere both on and off the pitch - Lukaku couldn't even do a thirty meter sprint without spending the next five minutes gasping for air. Of course they had to go - but equally so it was a given they needed replacing. And who reported Ole having said that? Because the only thing I heard Ole say was that he needed four-five replacements during the summer. He got three - one of them an unproven kid (who've done good don't get me wrong). No matter who's behind the decision not to replace though - it was a horrendous one.

And I did elaborate on what I like and don't like about xG. It's useless for predicting results or justifying the lack of such results - which is what most people delude themselves into thinking it's awesome at - but it is good as a statistical tool used the way I suggested.

red thru&thru

Funny thing is if we get sacked he won't get work anywhere. That will be 4 of our last 4 hires who can't or struggle to get a job. We sure do know how to pick em
Hahahaha so true. I hate to laugh but I would cry otherwise!

Popcorn

At the moment, I voted for keep. I think he just needs more help. The team definitely needs coaching, but not sure if that is entirely his responsibility. We do have other coaches too. It takes coordinated movement from multiple players to create space, players need to know where to move to in given situations, when to play the ball first time. You can see this with other teams, before a player receives the ball, depending on where on the pitch they are, attackers are moving down the channel or attacking the box, and more than one of them.We need a plan for when we lose possession, who and when we press, how we press and how long we sustain it for. We need a plan to break down teams that sit back and defend.Yes, we don't have the personnel, but we need to move the ball around faster, players need to move to create space and make themselves available, others need to move into the spaces. This is work that one would assume is taking place on the training ground, but does not seem to translate into matches/viewing.

MisterLupus

This just proves that stats can be manipulated anyway you want . As we’ve been boring, definitely not attacking, no attacking plays being developed.

We look absolutely clueless. It’s like the Moyes day’s again. We’re a soulless club with no identity right now & a lot of that is our poor managers doing
Or it proves you're just a crybaby seeing everything in either black or white creating your own reality then focusing solely on the results while lacking any talent whatsoever in understanding the foundation on which they're built.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It saddens me as well in exactly the same way that Jose failing saddened me.
The way I see it we have 2 basic options.
Keep hiring and then sacking managers.Eventually that will work. Eventually.
Or the penny/cent will drop and Woodward will realise that the problem goes far deeper and accept that major structural changes are required and implement a transformation plan to bring the football club into the 21st century.
Even though I am an optimist I cannot see the latter happening.
It won't, because of your 2nd point.

Aretak

Funny thing is if we get sacked he won't get work anywhere. That will be 4 of our last 4 hires who can't or struggle to get a job. We sure do know how to pick em
I don't really think that's accurate with Van Gaal or Mourinho. The former was always planning to retire and Mourinho has already turned down offers. He'll also probably be Zidane's replacement when he inevitably gets the boot.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Say what you will, but literally no one on Redcafe could do a worse job in managing the team, it wouldn’t make a difference to the worse.
There is zero coaching involved there, this is a classless joke being played on us, worse than Hodgson’s Liverpool.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Say what you will, but literally no one on Redcafe could do a worse job in managing the team, this is a classless joke being played on us, worse than Hodgson’s Liverpool.
We're the laughing stock of world football. Won't be surprised if we see Ole in banners from the scousers in two weeks.

Rafaeldagold

Or it proves you're just a crybaby seeing everything in either black or white creating your own reality then focusing solely on the results while lacking any talent whatsoever in understanding the foundation on which they're built.
Yes I’m a crybaby..ok.

I’ve never just focused on the results. It’s ALL shite . Wake the fcuk up.

There’s no identity after long enough there. We’re regressing under him, not improving as any club would under a decent manager. We’re unbelievably boring. And the results are Shite too.

What are these foundations exactly? I mean seriously I think I’m going insane when some people still support him when he’s clearly so far out of his depth

Enigma_87

You know who
Keep and when we smash Liverpool in a couple of weeks give him a pay raise too.
I think it’s for the best for the club to go to the full cycle. Go the the lowest point - borderline relegation - so that experience teaches the board no to hire rookies anymore ever again.

This has potential to put us at the lowest point since Fergie was hired. I guess the rebuild truly begins when you reach the lowest point and I’m pretty sure Ole will lead us there.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Worst away run since 1989. Worst start to a PL season ever. Ole has a worse win percentage than his post-Fergie predecessors.

I don't see what giving him time achieves at this point. Managers don't just start to get better after such a long period of rotten football. Once the rot sets in, there's not really any coming back. Fergie was an anomaly, but that was a long time ago. I'd love to be wrong, because he's incredibly likable and he is a club icon, but he's way out of his depth.

His status at the club is going to buy him time that his job performance doesn't warrant. I predict he will see the season out regardless of how bad it gets.

Wilt

Last 15 games in the league = 17 points. That would be about 43 points for the whole season. We might avoid relegation after all.

Time has come. Get rid as soon as possible. Absurd situation this team is in with all the resources we have.
We truly are paddling down shit creek ...and picking up speed.

Ole’s at the wheel :nervous:

Sir Scott McToMinay

In two months it would be 75:25 in favor of sacking him in the poll and he would still be here until the end of December until it is mathematically impossible to finish top four.
The higher ups are literally saving face and wasting time.

Zoo

He’s out of his depth and it’s sad to see what is happening now.

pat dunne

At the moment, I voted for keep. I think he just needs more help. The team definitely needs coaching, but not sure if that is entirely his responsibility. We do have other coaches too. It takes coordinated movement from multiple players to create space, players need to know where to move to in given situations, when to play the ball first time. You can see this with other teams, before a player receives the ball, depending on where on the pitch they are, attackers are moving down the channel or attacking the box, and more than one of them.We need a plan for when we lose possession, who and when we press, how we press and how long we sustain it for. We need a plan to break down teams that sit back and defend.Yes, we don't have the personnel, but we need to move the ball around faster, players need to move to create space and make themselves available, others need to move into the spaces. This is work that one would assume is taking place on the training ground, but does not seem to translate into matches/viewing.
The biggest mistake Ole made was in the coaches he appointed . Phelan was always tactically inept, Carrick does not even have his coaching badges and the other guy never coached a first team . Ole needed a Queiroz or similar to fulfill a role he is clearly not capable of

MisterLupus

I'm actually interested in whether those that defend him genuinely think he has real talent. It baffles me that this might be the case but no one seems willing to confirm one way or the other.

Regardless of that I'm really not sure if you're my type but I'll still be there if you need me. :smirk:
I've already elaborated both on why I feel dismissing him at this point is premature and also on how far my patience stretches / what I expect - so I'll repeat that maybe you should focus on that rather than getting personal. What would be the point? You either get my reasoning or you don't - and if you feel you can convince me otherwise I'd actually welcome that. Good to know by the way but I wouldn't hold my breath - I'm not really that into people these days and I have everything I need in that department anyways :lol:

Roboc7

He’s on a run that would get him the sack at most clubs even with much lesser ambitions. It’s inevitable he will be sacked this season just a case of when.

Ultimately though what is the point we’ll be shit either way, I really couldn’t care less. The club will just make another bad appointment and we’ll still be playing terrible football after another failed transfer window.

Zahed

Another tactically inept performance today. Every team we play seems more organised and more tactically astute than us. We have a coaching team that no Premier League team would want.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
I've already elaborated both on why I feel dismissing him at this point is premature and also on how far my patience stretches / what I expect - so I'll repeat that maybe you should focus on that rather than getting personal. What would be the point? You either get my reasoning or you don't - and if you feel you can convince me otherwise I'd actually welcome that. Good to know by the way but I wouldn't hold my breath - I'm not really that into people these days and I have everything I need in that department anyways :lol:
I guarantee you wouldn't feel this way if this was happening at another club.

MisterLupus

Yes I’m a crybaby..ok.

I’ve never just focused on the results. It’s ALL shite . Wake the fcuk up.

There’s no identity after long enough there. We’re regressing under him, not improving as any club would under a decent manager. We’re unbelievably boring. And the results are Shite too.

What are these foundations exactly? I mean seriously I think I’m going insane when some people still support him when he’s clearly so far out of his depth
I'm not doing this dance any longer - arguing like an adult is obviously wasted on you. Go to your mom maybe she'll be able to offer you some comfort ;)

I guarantee you wouldn't feel this way if this was happening at another club.
I guarantee you are absolutely clueless both as to how I'd feel and why - so maybe just stick to what you do know about me which is what I've actually said? If you don't agree that fine tell me why - but cut this mindreading bullshite you have no talent for it.

Zahed

We've had a full season of games under him and I'm still not sure what his tactics are.

bleedred

I think he will be gone after Liverpool. I think even for Ed, this run is a sort of nightmare.

Rafaeldagold

I'm not doing this dance any longer - arguing like an adult is obviously wasted on you. Go to your mom maybe she'll be able to offer you some comfort ;)

I guarantee you are absolutely clueless both as to how I'd feel and why - so maybe just stick to what you do know about me which is what I've actually said? If you don't agree that fine tell me why - but cut this mindreading bullshite you have no talent for it.
What the hell ha. Can tell you’re a keep Ole in kinda guy

Enigma_87

You know who
The sooner people would realise that when you hire Championship level manager you would end up with a Championship level team and football the better.

We are heading towards there as well.

Zahed

We're worse than Newcastle under Solksjaer. Get ready. Another embarrassment likely awaits this weekend.
We are due a highly undeserved win,which will come against Newcastle and buy Ole another month. It's like ground hog day.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
I dread to think what it must be like for your partner to get a straight answer out of you.

MisterLupus

I dread to think what it must be like for your partner to get a straight answer out of you.
You got a straight answer from me you just won't accept it. You're intent on getting personal with me rather than just argue the case - I've told you I'm not interested. Not really rocket science - just accept it and move on.

HarryRedCrumbs

...sack? Absolutely not. Ole will go when he feels the time is right. He knows better than anyone on this forum what problems there are at the club and I believe he's doing what he can to sort things out. He's not the worlds best manager, and he's not a miracle worker. What are you going to do by sacking him...? You'll make the club look even more stupid. You'll be disrespecting a club legend. You'll be once again upsetting the apple cart...

There's a few people in the caff that could do with taking themselves a little less seriously and just try to get behind the team.

morbidsaint

Deansgate preaching scientology with Tom Cruise
The sooner people would realise that when you hire Championship level manager you would end up with a Championship level team and football the better.

We are heading towards there as well.
True, just like with two of the most experienced and succesfull managers of all time we would have won plenty of trophies. Its just.. that.. we didn't. They both failed at almost everything while managing Manchester United.

Lee565

All these excuses being made for poor old Ole, look at arsenal's team performance tonight full of youngsters, they spanked standard liege 4-0 playing good attacking football.

Seb burrow

Personally I think the board have had enough of certain players. And they are using Ole as a puppet whilst they clear out the squad. Ole will have zero authority compared to what other managers would demand with better CVs, Jose being the prime example.

Although they might listen to Ole’s opinion, They definitely agreed he’d just coach, which suits them.

I think once we’ve cleared out the crap we might find us going for a big name, but whilst we’re in this transition/s**t storm. Ole will be controlled.

Got a couple of windows of this atleast so we may aswell just enjoy the rollercoaster ride.

Oh btw. Arsenal’s kids have smashed both games in Europe. We’ve struggled in both. Eek.

Rafaeldagold

True, just like with two of the most experienced and succesfull managers of all time we would have won plenty of trophies. Its just.. that.. we didn't. They both failed at almost everything while managing Manchester United.
If they failed what the fcuk is Ole doing haha.

LVG & Jose DID both win us trophies & got top 4 in their tenure.

So if your argument is they failed then surely Ole has to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.