Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Code-CX

Why did Solskjaer decide to buy a CB, a RB and a LW when we were stacked in the CB, RB and LW departments?
I don't object to us signing Maguire and Wan-Bissaka, I just want to know why he didn't start the rebuild by signing, for example, a CM, LB and RW instead.
To be fair to him, our CB and RB options were complete dross. The problem is we have so many other positions that need reinforcing but our CEO somehow manages to feck up our transfer window year after year. When this year's transfer window closed I remember thinking we are absolutely insane to go in to the season with the squad we have. Not only did we not reinforce crucial areas, we ended up losing players who might have helped us given the injury crisis we're going through right now. I don't know whether I should blame the management or the board on this one but whoever made that decision deserves every piece of criticism for our present situation.

fergiesarmy1

Season has not gone yet if we act quickly. If we stick with Ole, it's 100% gone. When has any of our players shined since that initial run? Many of them regressed with Ole in charge, he hasn't improved a single player.
He could do with his superstar showing up now and again and Martial getting his arse up off the physio table.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Keep is winning! :confused:
Sentimentality is winning. People have lost the plot.

They can't see that the manager is clueless. They think United needs better players to beat the likes of Rochdale, Astana and AZ comfortably.

Louis Van Gonads

I think he will be gone by the weekend, I’ve got no faith in the situation turning round even with new owners and ceo.

Even a clown like Woodward can see this heading for a bigger disaster than Mourinho.
I'm not convinced. More likely to be if we lose the next two league games to Newcastle and Liverpool. It wouldn't surprise me if he gets until the end of the year though.

Enigma_87

You know who
Season has not gone yet if we act quickly. If we stick with Ole, it's 100% gone. When has any of our players shined since that initial run? Many of them regressed with Ole in charge, he hasn't improved a single player.
It’s gone mate, let it go.

bushyboy

I'm amazed we see a poll with nearly 60 percent of people wanting to keep him.

Get him and our useless coaches out if Poch fancies the job. No brainer. He's absolutely bobbins and so are Carrick and Mckenna atm. Is Carrick even a trained coach?
We're Man United for gods sake, they look like little boys sat on our bench. It's an insult to the club just watching it while our fans cheer along because they are old favourites. It's embarrasing.
Bingo! The whole club is rotten top to bottom. Getting rid of some of the deadwood is one thing but then relying on not good enough youth is a recipe for disaster. Utd needed a major overhaul. Getting only 3 players in smacks of a' Yes-man' manager and coaching staff that haven't a clue on how to turn the situation around. It also speaks volumes about the penny pinching bastard leeches that couldn't back an inexperienced manager.

fergiesarmy1

I think he will be gone by the weekend, I’ve got no faith in the situation turning round even with new owners and ceo.

Even a clown like Woodward can see this heading for a bigger disaster than Mourinho.
The absurdity of Woodward sacking ole after leaving him short in midfield and attack might end up with me doing one of those stupid extension rebellion protests.

Ole should be able to sack him.

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
Sentimentality is winning. People have lost the plot.

They can't see that the manager is clueless. They think United needs better players to beat the likes of Rochdale, Astana and AZ comfortably.
Exactly. Can anyone name one player that has improved loads under Ole and his team?

We're worse than under Jose when he started to self sabotage.

Phil

There are two big problems with these debates round these parts and on other social media outlets.

The first problem is the Ole in crowd, who (most often than not) are very quick to judge that the other side are plastic fans who haven't a clue on the United DNA, whatever that is, and on how to properly support the club. The second problem is the Ole out crowd, who at times fail to identify that the Glazers are the number one reason why we're here in the first place and are also quick to judge the other side as being 'deluded fanboys' and whatnot.

Truth is, both sides of the spectrum want the best for our club. The Ole out crowd are as much United fans as those who are high on the top red league table, but the Ole in crowd are not the 'fanboys' that the Ole out crowd often make them out to be. As to whether sack or keep Ole: the answer is also somewhere in the middle. Whilst the club didn't back him enough in the summer, he has shown sweet FA to this very minute that indicates he's a manager capable of managing a club with very high expectations and ambitions like us.

A bit of perspective, people. That's all.
Don't see posts this rational on here too often

Rafaeldagold

The absurdity of Woodward sacking ole after leaving him short in midfield and attack might end up with me doing one of those stupid extension rebellion protests.

Why are you making Ole blameless here? He’s the manager, he should have said exactly what players he wanted or not sell all our strikers.

ManchesterYoda

What we need is a head coach that knows what he's doing with an attacking-entertaining-football philosophy. That's what we need and that's the man I would be prepared to give TIME to. Solskjaer is NOT THAT MAN because he doesn't know what he's doing and the football is shit.

Eddy_JukeZ

Ole was happy with the squad.

He didn't push for more signings.

Stubble

Any manager we bring in will have the same issues...
To me the main problem is the age profile of the squad. If you assume a players 'peak years' where fitness, ability and experience align are say 25-29 and probably later for central defenders 27-31 possibly - we have so few players in this age range. Some of those we do have such as Lingard, Fred and Rojo are either useless, inconsistent or bit part players. The mainstays of the squad are young players and even younger academy prospects - supplemented by age 30+ players way past their best (Matic/Young/Mata).
If you look at teams such as Liverpool the age profile is much more balanced overall. For instance a front three of Firmino (28) Mane (27) and Salah (27) whilst we field Rashford (21) Martial (23) and James (21) -possibly even Greenwood (18). The defence of Lindelof (25), Maguire (26), AWB (21) and Shaw (24) possibly add Tuanzebe (21) is also very young.
Bearing this in mind i'm not surprised the team at the moment is inconsistent, lacking backbone at times and devoid of ideas - its to be expected. The experienced players we do have are either useless or over the hill and are not knitting the squad together.
The positive is that many of the young players have ability and potential which will develop - the future will be brighter. However the next 2-3 seasons will probably not be pretty no matter who is managing.
How we got into this situation is another debate entirely !

Last edited:
Reactions: Cheimoon

fergiesarmy1

Why are you making Ole blameless here? He’s the manager, he should have said exactly what players he wanted or not sell all our strikers.
Pretty sure he did, Woodward let him down. Hence the talk of the January striker signing.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Keep him and make sure Ed is replaced with someone who knows what the feck they're doing.

If he fails next year then ditch him, but right now which manager would join us? Unless Poch became available I don't see the point in anyone else.

Eddy_JukeZ

of course the season hasn’t gone, it’s October 3rd. Hope you’re taking the piss, but giving up on the season already is daft. People did that when Ole came in too and it was stupid then too.
I think he's giving up, because he thinks we'll likely sack Ole too late or he won't be sacked at all.

Rafaeldagold

Pretty sure he did, Woodward let him down. Hence the talk of the January striker signing.
I’m pretty sure Ole sanctioned those signings as he thinks just putting all the kids in & faith in Greenwood was a good decision. Knew it’d appease the fans. That’s his problem- Ole manages like a fan with no real talent or structure behind anything he does.

No style has been implemented in 10 months.

That’s just poor poor coaching .

It wasn’t & it’ll be another factor in him losing his job as he’s a poor manager

Traub

Keep him and make sure Ed is replaced with someone who knows what the feck they're doing.

If he fails next year then ditch him, but right now which manager would join us? Unless Poch became available I don't see the point in anyone else.
Even giggs is a more qualified option than ole at the moment

Red Stone

I honestly don't give a feck who our manager is. It doesn't matter. That job is a poisoned chalice anyway. I'd rather we keep an out-of-his-depth former player who brings no controversies and keeps signing players that fit his vision than see what kind of clown Woodward decides to give a fat contract to next, only to have it blow up spectacularly because Woodward can't stop dicking around with transfers. And when it inevitably goes tits up to the point where we're all making polls on RedCafe again Woodward will have to sack said clown manager and pay him millions to leave, just so Woodward can bring yet another guaranteed failure and repeat the same shite all over again.

Until Woodward is gone and it becomes possible to succeed again there is literally no point doing anything about the manager. We're not going anywhere but down no matter who's picking the team.

Enigma_87

You know who
of course the season hasn’t gone, it’s October 3rd. Hope you’re taking the piss, but giving up on the season already is daft. People did that when Ole came in too and it was stupid then too.
They won’t sack him until we’re well off 4th place. The board might just do it even after the window transfer window. Going with him even in this summer decided the fate of the season.

We might just enjoy the horror show from the first row seat.

Rafaeldagold

I honestly don't give a feck who our manager is. It doesn't matter. That job is a poisoned chalice anyway. I'd rather we keep an out-of-his-depth former player who brings no controversies and keeps signing players that fit his vision than see what kind of clown Woodward decides to give a fat contract to next, only to have it blow up spectacularly because Woodward can't stop dicking around with transfers. And when it inevitably goes tits up to the point where we're all making polls on RedCafe again Woodward will have to sack said clown manager and pay him millions to leave, just so Woodward can bring yet another guaranteed failure and repeat the same shite all over again.

Until Woodward is gone and it becomes possible to succeed again there is literally no point doing anything about the manager. We're not going anywhere but down no matter who's picking the team.
Wow lucky Ole can be a shite as he wants as there’s no point eh.

What a fatalistic view. We would definitely improve with a half competent manager.

Stop giving Ole a free pass to he fcking Diabolical

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
United haven't scored more than 1 goal in the last 9 matches and we are 10 games into the season. It's all ok though because he loves the club and has a long term plan

Paolo Di Canio

"we have to realise it's a doggy dog market"
Ole I love you, you are the first player i got printed on the back of a United jersey, you will always be a club legend

But the writing is on the wall for you, tonight reminded me of the last few weeks of the last 3 managers. You're heading for the chopping block soon mate. I know Fergie told u to always back your players in the media. But you are making a fool of yourself backing that garbage tonight.

"Man Utd should never be out run by any team"..remember that guy ? The guy with standards who first arrived. Your team played at walking pace tonight and were conceeding chances for fun. And you praise them in the media ? .. Stop the smiles now and that goes for Carrick also, its time to start being ruthless and light a fire in these guys again

AC1689

Solskjær’s tenure as Cardiff boss lasted just 30 games. From those fixtures, he managed to pick up nine wins, five draws and 16 defeats.

Combine this with his record since becoming permanent manager of United, it reads as follows:

50 games, 14 wins, 12 draws and 24 defeats. Win rate 28%
. Loss rate 48%.

So those are the damning stats for Ole Gunnar Solskjær as a permanent manager in English league football.

Yet people still have faith. Oh do tell us why.

Rafaeldagold

Solskjær’s tenure as Cardiff boss lasted just 30 games. From those fixtures, he managed to pick up nine wins, five draws and 16 defeats.

Combine this with his record since becoming permanent manager of United, it reads as follows:

50 games, 14 wins, 12 draws and 24 defeats. Win rate 28%

So those are the damning stats for Ole Gunnar Solskjær as a permanent manager in English league football.

Yet people still have faith. Oh do tell us why.
Because ‘ patience ‘ ‘ he used to play for us’ & ‘ Woodward is shite’

I think that’s the full house for keep Ole bingo

SAFMUTD

People - myself included - have elaborated on this time and time again across many threads so make an effort yourself if you're curious. Not once have I seen anyone present anything even resembling "it's Ole of course we have to back him he's a legend lulz" argument you guys are repeating to be the source of our continued support so just stop it it's nonsense. Read back if you may - the real reasons are all there to see and comment on so stop being a child arguing a point nobody's making.

As for today's game - it's apparent we don't rate the EL. Did you see the team put out there? That was our reserves - plus James played out of position. We didn't field a team to win but one that hopefully wouldn't lose. With a squad as thin as this I can see why they don't want to risk even further attrition - but that being said it was depressing. Our first eleven just needs two or three reinforcements to be a good side but beyond that we are obviously miles away from having the depth required to challenge.
Not going to continue arguing with you if you cant even post your reasons, this is a discussion forum you may very well repeat your opinion so we can discuss.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
It’s not the regime I follow which probably 99% don’t anymore, everyone is sick of the clown Woodward and the glazer thieves. Do I still entrust ole to change the culture that has manifested in the last decade? Yes.

Sorry if that offends your short term preference of bringing in someone else.
Not offended by you if you like watching pathetic displays. Me on the other hand, I like watching good football and winning. Where’s that culture now? We had it at the start of Ole’s caretaker stint with the same players minus a couple players. I don’t see it now 10 months later. That’s a sign of regression and I don’t have my head in the sand about it.

fergiesarmy1

Do you think we would ever have won the Premier League if Brian Kidd DIDN'T join as Ferguson's assistant?
What do you think the chances of someone like Brian Kidd joining as Solskjaer's assistant are?
Not sure what Brian Kidd has to do with it but yes, Fergie was a force of nature and anyway it was Cantona that made the difference.

Brian Kidd is nothing but a puppet at city these days, brought in mainly to enhance their lack of reputation.

Apokalips

Fans who compare Ole to SAF and think time will change everything are like people expecting Akinbiyi to become R9. There is no rationale whatsoever to say Ole is going to turn it around because he has no pedigree at this level. It was a gamble, it hasn't paid off, let's just move on from this instead of sticking by him out of stubbornness. We are no different from any other club in world football and need to stop with irrational, blind faith.

Status
Not open for further replies.