Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueman

Supports
Man City
Ole is probably spending sleepless nights worrying about how things are going. He's such a nice guy, he shouldn't be stuck in this position between demanding fans and a board interested in balancing the books.

I hope he resigns. It might be bad for utd overall but he's in a really difficult situation.

KingCantona87

No.

People are thinking with emotion instead of their brain with Ole.
So having a potentially 5th manager in 6 years is the solution? With the existing club structure in place still? Your post about thinking with emotion is irony at it's finest. Out of interest who would you honestly bring in? Who would want to come? With Woodie controlling the purse strings :confused:

Matst1

We'll probably finish mid-table, maybe 7/8th. And I'm ok with that, he needs A LOT of time and patience and i think if he gets it, and we, as a fan base, give it to him, it will work out once he gets his team. Don't think he'll ever win anything, but he'll get us back into the top 4 eventually and then someone like Poch can take over.

I think its all about Ole re-building, getting an identity, then handing over to a more qualified manager.

The sad thing is with Ole, he knows what needs to be done, getting the right type of players, getting rid of the deadwood, identifying united-type players, but he shouldn't be coaching them, he should be our DOF. Feel sorry for him, just hope with Martial coming back and Pogba hitting form we can turn things around. I think the upcoming international break will do us good.

Eddy_JukeZ

So having a potentially 5th manager in 6 years is the solution? With the existing club structure in place still? Your post about thinking with emotion is irony at it's finest. Out of interest who would you honestly bring in? Who would want to come? With Woodie controlling the purse strings :confused:
Yes let's give Ole 3 years.

He'll get us competing for titles.

My god.

If he's failing(and he's failing hard), it's time to get rid.

I'd bring in Pochettino if he's out of a job next season.

Sir Scott McToMinay

We'll probably finish mid-table, maybe 7/8th. And I'm ok with that, he needs A LOT of time and patience and i think if he gets it, and we, as a fan base, give it to him, it will work out once he gets his team. Don't think he'll ever win anything, but he'll get us back into the top 4 eventually and then someone like Poch can take over.

I think its all about Ole re-building, getting an identity, then handing over to a more qualified manager.

The sad thing is with Ole, he knows what needs to be done, getting the right type of players, getting rid of the deadwood, identifying united-type players, but he shouldn't be coaching them, he should be our DOF. Feel sorry for him, just hope with Martial coming back and Pogba hitting form we can turn things around. I think the upcoming international break will do us good.
What makes you think he’s a qualified enough coach to get all this patience and resources to build “his team” when we are clearly regressing and the team is looking clueless playing together than ever before?

Darkhorsez

If there was a poll on whether Woodward should go feck himself it would be 99% absolutely and 1% Eboue. If there was a vote on whether we should hire a competent DoF and grant him the commensurate authority it would be the same. And if there was a vote on whether you'd want to swap the Glazer cnuts for an individual or group interested in footballing success (not a PR project for murderers I might add) that would be the same. We're all in agreement there. At least with Ole there is a bit of a discussion :cool:
:D

Marcus

Erm I am ok with finishing 7/8th if we are really seeing some progress. By the way, 7/8th is not midtable. Midtable is where United are right now which is 10th. I fear we may become a bottom half of the table team shortly. I don't think Ole can use the rebuild card at that stage.

KingCantona87

I will be honest in the past I've called for Moyes' head, LVG's head and then Mourinho's head but when you have 4 managers and still witness the same shit over and over again, it's clearly NOT the manager that's the cause of seeing the same shit over and over again. Anyone with any level of sense would be able to see that.

It's like having a slow puncture on one of your car's tyres and then replacing the driver every time the tyre eventually runs flat.

MisterLupus

If that's your career, you've must be sleeping when watching us play
Or maybe it's not even my career. Could even be it is though and I'm awesome at it while you're just an amateur and something of a dumbo clueless as to what it is you're seeing - or even if that isn't the case that I'm just smarter than you in general capable of looking beyond the results your feeble little brain chooses to obsess over. Or might be I'm wrong of course - there's always that. So many buts and ifs in all of this - and in life in general actually - "A fool sees not the same tree a wise man sees" and all that jazz. Either way - you bore me now so feck off please ;)

Marcus

Changed back to keep, in case Ole's grand plan is to relegate United and force the Glazers to sell up.

Matst1

What makes you think he’s a qualified enough coach to get all this patience and resources to build “his team” when we are clearly regressing and the team is looking clueless playing together than ever before?
I mean any manager would struggle with players we have right now

Matst1

Erm I am ok with finishing 7/8th if we are really seeing some progress. By the way, 7/8th is not midtable. Midtable is where United are right now which is 10th. I fear we may become a bottom half of the table team shortly. I don't think Ole can use the rebuild card at that stage.
I meant mid table (11/10th) or maybe 7/8th
If we’re lucky.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
So what if we have a 5th manager in 6 years? The only thing worse than constant chopping and changing is ignoring your problems and refusing to replace defective parts out of principal or emotion.

Should we stick with Periera on the right just because we're Manchester United and we give youth a chance, despite it being painfully obvious that he isn't good enough?

Last edited:

el3mel

I will be honest in the past I've called for Moyes' head, LVG's head and then Mourinho's head but when you have 4 managers and still witness the same shit over and over again, it's clearly NOT the manager that's the cause of seeing the same shit over and over again. Anyone with any level of sense would be able to see that.

It's like having a slow puncture on one of your car's tyres and then replacing the driver every time the tyre eventually runs flat.
Let's imagine we magically got a Dof and new owners who are willing to splash the cash on the team and decide to spend a 1 billion of dollars next summer market. Will you then trust Ole to lead the team forward and win us titles with this money based on his tactics we are seeing? Be honest with your self when you are answering this.

sweetmgd

Maybe i can called myself "shot on target hunter" because all i wanted tonight was only a shot on target :lol:

Listar

I’m not a big supporter of poch when we had Mourinho. But I don’t mind us giving poch a go now seeing how we are evolving under ole.

The play is getting worse and worse.

TheeAma12

Supports
Chelsea
Honestly what did united fans expect? He got fired at Cardiff. Cardiff let that sink in

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
How deluded do you have to be to think a fecking manager doesn't have any accountability in this?

KingCantona87

So what if we have a 5th manager in 6 years? The only thing worse than constant chopping and changing is ignoring your problems and refusing to replace defective parts out of principal or emotion.

Should we stuck with Periera on the right just because we're Manchester United and we give youth a chance, despite it being painfully obvious that he isn't good enough?
Nothing to do with principle or emotion. Quite the opposite really. If you've had 4 managers in 6 years and things remain the same, it is not the manager that's the cause of the problem.

Constantly chopping and changing means a constant turnover of players. It means new tactics new everything over and over again. This means no consistency and the cycle repeats itself over again. The Glazers won't fork out the money required for a total rebuild of the squad. We've spent £900 fecking million in 6 years with 4 managers. How on earth is bringing in a new manager going to cure the issue when the clueless cnuts that run the club have no idea how to run a football club?

Florida Man

And the glory hunters.
So you seem to be okay with relegation just to make a point to "glory hunters"?

Imagine the financial implications if United got relegated. Seriously, imagine it. Strange how a fan would want that just to get rid of a few fans he don't like.

Florida Man

Nothing to do with principle or emotion. Quite the opposite really. If you've had 4 managers in 6 years and things remain the same, it is not the manager that's the cause of the problem.

Constantly chopping and changing means a constant turnover of players. It means new tactics new everything over and over again. This means no consistency and the cycle repeats itself over again. The Glazers won't fork out the money required for a total rebuild of the squad. We've spent £900 fecking million in 6 years with 4 managers. How on earth is bringing in a new manager going to cure the issue when the clueless cnuts that run the club have no idea how to run a football club?
Funny how changing failing managers seems to bring results at other clubs.

JonDahl

So you seem to be okay with relegation just to make a point to "glory hunters"?
That's the cherry on the cake.

Get rid of the Glazers - who don't care about the club, and the glory hunters - who don't care about the club.

VP

I would have thunk anybody that wants Ole sacked by default is a glory hunter, no?
Yes, how dare fans want their team to do well and play good football? They should want United to suffer so that they can flex their top red muscles on the internet.

Florida Man

It hasn't for ours though has it? So that's a moot point.
Because we have gone for inept managers. In the rest of football and the real world, if a manager isn't producing results, he's out. Simple as. Let's examine a team who had recently gone through years of mediocrity similar to ours: Liverpool.

After Rafa, they cycled through:

Hodgson — Who was just terrible, no explanation needed. He probably had a plan and a vision but he wasn't getting any results. And we laughed at Liverpool.
Dalglish — Liverpool legend on and off the pitch, had previous success, and even won a trophy in his second stint. I'm sure he had a plan. They finished 8th, he got sacked next year, and we laughed at Liverpool.
Rodgers — The guy had them playing great football at one point and nearly won them the league. But then he dropped off and they started drawing and losing a bunch of matches, he kept referencing "they showed character" too many times, I'm sure he had a plan for Liverpool too. But he got sacked, and we all laughed at Liverpool.

Now they got Klopp. He started poorly at first but you could immediately see the style and plan he was trying to instill. He then gutted the shitheads, found players he liked, and eventually got them to playing fast paced attacking football, just like we used to do. They nearly won the fecking league and won the Champions League, beating Bayern and Barca along the way. Now they're one of the best teams in all of Europe, with a record start to their league campaign. They finally found their guy, and we're here watching them in envy. Guess what. Would he be managing them if the owners (who were criticized for being greedy just like ours) insisted on staying with Dalglish, or Rodgers because they had a little success once? Hell no.

KingCantona87

Because we have gone for inept managers. In the rest of football and the real world, if a manager isn't producing results, he's out. Simple as. Let's examine a team who had recently gone through years of mediocrity similar to ours: Liverpool.

After Rafa, they cycled through:

Hodgson — Who was just terrible, no explanation needed. He probably had a plan and a vision but he wasn't getting any results. And we laughed at Liverpool.
Dalglish — Liverpool legend on and off the pitch, had previous success, and even won a trophy in his second stint. I'm sure he had a plan. They finished 8th, he got sacked next year, and we laughed at Liverpool.
Rodgers — The guy had them playing great football at one point and nearly won them the league. But then he dropped off and they started drawing and losing a bunch of matches, he kept referencing "they showed character" too many times, I'm sure he had a plan for Liverpool too. But he got sacked, and we all laughed at Liverpool.

Now they got Klopp. He started poorly at first but you could immediately see the style and plan he was trying to instill. He then gutted the shitheads, found players he liked, and eventually got them to playing fast paced attacking football, just like we used to do. They nearly won the fecking league and won the Champions League, beating Bayern and Barca along the way. Now they're one of the best teams in all of Europe, with a record start to their league campaign. They finally found their guy, and we're here watching them in envy. Guess what. Would he be managing them if the owners (who were criticized for being greedy just like ours) insisted on staying with Dalglish, or Rodgers because they had a little success once? Hell no.
Whilst it worked for Liverpool, there's no guarantee it would work with us. What's helped Klopp is having a wonderful recruitment team behind him, along with a good Sporting Director. With Ed's "I'm playing FIFA" mentality when it comes to signing players, I have no faith in it working for us, with the current owners/Ed in place.

Status
Not open for further replies.