Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick7

I stand by my vote in this thread but now really isn’t the time for knee jerk reactions. Not after that game.

Matriac

Games like this show what Ole is still missing to be an elite manager. I really like the man and I would love to see us becoming a dominant force under him for the next 10+ years but whenever a game goes not easy and not like planned some deficits become obvious. No tactical reaction, just hoping that we somehow get over the line with the points.
Hasenhüttel got it right and deserved a point despite his team being inferior to ours.
Get outta here with that BS.
Games like these happened to Fergie, and as we've seen over this weekend it can happen to every "top team" working for these points at the end.

He definitely did make a tactical change by bringing Fred on for Pogba. Paul did not have the best day today and Fred helped stabilze us at the back while still providing some creative output on counters especially.

We had no-one else we could have brought on to add a creative output, Martial was on fire tonight so changing him for Ighalo would have made no sense.

Southampton did well, but were still lucky to get away with a point. There's a reason we feel deflated and it feels like a loss.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Piss poor tactics today. He just invited the pressure on to us for the last half hour. What on Earth was he thinking?
He’s done well to get us in contention again but is he an elite manager who’ll get us winning titles? I’m not so sure.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Honestly this forum should be shut down for an hour or so when we drop points, give everyone a chance to calm down. :lol:

edgecutter

At the beginning of the season we all said he had to get top 4 and if we don't get it we should consider his position. We can't be languishing again in the Europa league

oreon

If he makes to top 4 he has earned the right to coach another season. But if we miss out on CL, he has to go. Our run in is far too easy compared to Leicester and Chelsea. There's is no excuse not to make CL especially since out of the three teams we are the most talented.

BlueHaze

Seems like people completely ignore the fact that we are still 5 points away from matching the same points as the disastrous Moyes season. Third place would already have been wrapped up at this point if we didn't royally feck up so bad early and mid season, where our form was a complete shambles.

Idgaf if you like my opinion or not but if we fail to reach top 4 after practically being handed it on a silver plate then he should be axed with immediate effect. He has done absolutely nothing so far to gain my trust that he could actually turn us into even remote contenders.

M16Red

Piss poor tactics today. He just invited the pressure on to us for the last half hour. What on Earth was he thinking?
He’s done well to get us in contention again but is he an elite manager who’ll get us winning titles? I’m not so sure.
Do you think that Pogba was creating passing angles? He looked very static today to me.

Fooza

He certainly needs to show us now that he has what it takes to get us over the line, otherwise I will have zero faith in him coming into the next season.

And honestly, would anyone have faith in him if he doesn't get us top 4 when we in this position with the fixtures we have?

Revan

Assumptionman
At the beginning of the season we all said he had to get top 4 and if we don't get it we should consider his position. We can't be languishing again in the Europa league
Yeah, I agree. It is all good being pretty when there is no pressure (like Arsenal did for a decade), but when the pressure is on, we shit ourselves. 3 matches to redeem the season IMO, if we don't get the fourth place (and/or we don't win Europa), I don't see why we should continue like this. After all, there is still a non-trivial chance on finishing with less points than we ever did in the history of EPL, so 'the progress' might yet to show being 'yet another purple patch'.

Paxi

Do you think that Pogba was creating passing angles? He looked very static today to me.
Pogba was poor today but there was absolutely no in game management. Pogba can very well play more to the left and instead he just played deep and Southampton were wise to it since the get go. He’s not what you would call and orchestrator. In fact I hate having Pogba in that role as tends to hold on to the ball a bit too long. He’s good when we have all the possession but when we’re receiving the ball in your own defence well then you see can happen. Nearly happened at Vila too.

ManRed

lost points were not on Ole but a lot of small things that didnt go our way. The only criticism I had and that is a small one is why wasn't he on the touchline for the last few minutes.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
It was more the players running out of energy around the 70-minute mark than anything tactical.

The only 'mistake' Ole made was trusting refusing to make changes to a side that had played 5 games in quick succession, but who could blame him after the form they were showing?

RedStarUnited

Get outta here with that BS.
Games like these happened to Fergie, and as we've seen over this weekend it can happen to every "top team" working for these points at the end.

He definitely did make a tactical change by bringing Fred on for Pogba. Paul did not have the best day today and Fred helped stabilze us at the back while still providing some creative output on counters especially.

We had no-one else we could have brought on to add a creative output, Martial was on fire tonight so changing him for Ighalo would have made no sense.

Southampton did well, but were still lucky to get away with a point. There's a reason we feel deflated and it feels like a loss.
Its very simple for me, one of Pogba or Bruno has to be on the pitch or we have no attack.

taking Bruno off on the 89th minute was needless. I dont think McTomanay touched the Ball or made any tackles.

Eddy_JukeZ

To not get top 4 with how it's been laid on a silver platter for us would be a disaster.

I did change my vote to keep him, but tonight was a collective failure by the coaching staff and players.

We can't ALWAYS slip up when top 4 is in grasp and think it's okay. It's not.

We need to get top 4.

Shark

@NotShark
This thread shouldn't even be open anymore. It brings zero value to the forum.
It only brings zero value to the people willing to finish 5th this season from this gifted position and still not question the mentality of our team and management going into next season. I say gifted, because we've literally been handed top four on a silver plate despite our record low points tally.

Paxi

It was more the players running out of energy around the 70-minute mark than anything tactical.

The only 'mistake' Ole made was trusting refusing to make changes to a side that had played 5 games in quick succession, but who could blame him after the form they were showing?
What about Southampton? I’d hazard a guess they were blowing too. It’s just that we decided to sit back. You tire more without the ball — it’s Sunday league level stuff.

Bojan11

Southampton team was unchanged and played 3 games in a row. Tiredness is the same for every team, we can’t be using that as excuse. This isn’t where we came back from champions league duty to a Saturday fixture. Every team has the same fixture run in.

We were just sloppy with the ball. Southampton exposed our weakness from playing out from the back.

Mainoldo

That wasn’t the problem. We don’t have a squad to making changes in this top 4 run. It doesn’t work we’ve seen it too many time’s.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Jesus wept. We are playing the best football since Ferguson left. Ole got it wrong tonight by subbing too many players, leaving us down to ten, but i still back him.

We need a good win against Palace now next.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Seems like people completely ignore the fact that we are still 5 points away from matching the same points as the disastrous Moyes season. Third place would already have been wrapped up at this point if we didn't royally feck up so bad early and mid season, where our form was a complete shambles.

Idgaf if you like my opinion or not but if we fail to reach top 4 after practically being handed it on a silver plate then he should be axed with immediate effect. He has done absolutely nothing so far to gain my trust that he could actually turn us into even remote contenders.
So what? If we get top 4 who will honestly care what our points total is? Tonight was extremely poor and we might not make it now but my God, 18 games unbeaten and getting us back in with a chance of getting it. There’s a bigger picture at play here. Let’s see what happens the last 3 games.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
What about Southampton? I’d hazard a guess they were blowing too. It’s just that we decided to sit back. You tire more without the ball — it’s Sunday league level stuff.
Southampton team was unchanged and played 3 games in a row. Tiredness is the same for every team, we can’t be using that as excuse. This isn’t where we came back from champions league duty to a Saturday fixture. Every team has the same fixture run in.

We were just sloppy with the ball. Southampton exposed our weakness from playing out from the back.
Three games with the same team are doable, five games is a different story.

We were showing clear signs of fatigue out there, the fact that both Shaw and ABW picked up injuries only confirms that.

TheGame

We had a bad result against a side in good form. We had chances to finish the game but didn’t take them. We should have won but didn’t, it happens, and it’s bad timing. We have been playing great football and are on a long unbeaten run yet people are talking about sacking the manager. This place is an embarrassment sometimes.

M16Red

Pogba was poor today but there was absolutely no in game management. Pogba can very well play more to the left and instead he just played deep and Southampton were wise to it since the get go. He’s not what you would call and orchestrator. In fact I hate having Pogba in that role as tends to hold on to the ball a bit too long. He’s good when we have all the possession but when we’re receiving the ball in your own defence well then you see can happen. Nearly happened at Vila too.
I agree isn't a DM or DLM he loses the ball when pressed, but it was his mistake for lack of awareness. Tactics can't circumvent mistakes.

We're still unbeaten in 18 games now, so he's doing something right.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
That wasn’t the problem. We don’t have a squad to making changes in this top 4 run. It doesn’t work we’ve seen it too many time’s.
Yeah, but that's my point.

Ole couldn't make changes tonight due to the considerable drop in quality that would have come as a result.

Crustanoid

Sort it out ffs. We had a W/c team out tonight who couldn’t finish it off. They need to go in for the kill. Not fvck around like dicks for the last half an hour

BlueHaze

So what? If we get top 4 who will honestly care what our points total is? Tonight was extremely poor and we might not make it now but my God, 18 games unbeaten and getting us back in with a chance of getting it. There’s a bigger picture at play here. Let’s see what happens the last 3 games.
Then it's a different scenario and he should be given another season but as I said if we don't he should be gone.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I agree isn't a DM or DLM he loses the ball when pressed, but it was his mistake for lack of awareness. Tactics can't circumvent mistakes.

We're still unbeaten in 18 games now, so he's doing something right.
I don’t think he can be blamed for casual
Play by a World Cup winning footballer nor can he be blamed when the most talented forward misses chances. Martial was excellent but could and should have had a hat trick. Sometimes great players do that but the coach gets the blame

Status
Not open for further replies.