Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MalcolmTucker

We got there in the end!!! You was just itching to get this off your chest :lol:

Listen it’s match day. I can’t actually be bothered for an Ole debate today. I’m in a good mood. Imagine me calling myself a United fan and being excited for a United game.

Anyway enjoy your day.
I'm glad you've taken my advice and have decided to enjoy this moment rather than wallow in negativity. I'm looking forward to tonight as well, very big game. Fingers crossed we smash them.

Rafaeldagold

Obviously it will be the boards / scouting team's call but if your going to come onto a forum and discuss a certain topic try be informed and offer up suggestions on how to improve on the situation.

Basically saying Ole should probably go but I've no idea whom should step in is redundant.

I'm happy for Ole to continue into next season based on what he's done so a replacement isn't in my mind personally anyway, for those saying get rid they should offer up a suggestion at least.
I’ve always not been totally convinced by Ole to be honest yes, I feel like maybe it’s the talent of the players (Ie Bruno’s inclusion) more so than any great managerial ability for the great form we’ve shown recently.

I think we should still be looking for the best managerial talent in the world, but I can also see how Ole gets another season ;especially if we get top 4) and I hope he proves me wrong.

Withnail

We got there in the end!!! You was just itching to get this off your chest :lol:

Listen it’s match day. I can’t actually be bothered for an Ole debate today. I’m in a good mood. Imagine me calling myself a United fan and being excited for a United game.

Anyway enjoy your day.
You're as slippery as an eel Mainoldo :lol:

Keefy18

I’ve always not been totally convinced by Ole to be honest yes, I feel like maybe it’s the talent of the players (Ie Bruno’s inclusion) more so than any great managerial ability for the great form we’ve shown recently.

I think we should still be looking for the best managerial talent in the world, but I can also see how Ole gets another season ;especially if we get top 4) and I hope he proves me wrong.
Well didn't Bruno sign for Ole and his abilities? In turn hasn't he used him correctly and not stifled him like some other managers may have?

There's no absolute certain way to hiring a manager, otherwise all clubs would be doing it. We had LVG & Jose who had far better CV's than Ole and he is out performing both of them in building a team for the long term and playing far better football than either at any point.

Again it comes back to whom do you replace him with?

I like Poch but reality is, even Ole has won more silverware than Poch.
Allegri done fantastic work at Milan & Juve of course, does that translate to United? Possibly but there are no guarantees as we've seen with Jose "Serial Winner" Mourinho.

kidbob

His man management style seems to be perfect and almost all of the players are responding well to it, this is a vital side of the role. His signings. for the most part, have been positive too. I think the best thing we can do now is identify a tactically strong assistant manager/coach who can come in and strengthen that side of the team. The manager doesn't have to be excellent at everything, you just need to have the right mix of people to cover the needs.

AshRK

He’s done well recently but to say he’s a ‘great manager’..? Definitely not. We’re still 5th for starters & not once have I seen him change a game for us when it was tight or it wasn’t planning out well (Burnley/Southampton etc) Just nothing which is concerning.

Perhaps when he gets Manchester United into the top 4 he can be classed as a good manager & great if he managers to win things. Saying he’s great now is pretty far off the mark
I keep on hearing you say he has not changed the game but he did do that against our former manager when we faced spurs. We literally were all over them in that second half. Not many managers including klopp and pep change the formation in between of the game, they just change the personnel.

Yes we were not great against Soton but even then we should have won had rashford and martial taken their chances. Even a rival fan here has admitted that we were good that day just unfortunate that we lost our left back and were playing with 10 men. I know we should have made sure to finish that game 2-1 but shit happens. You don't go on winning by 3 goals margin for 4 consecutive games if you are just not good. You may not like it but we have played some good football since Bruno has joined. Now you will say that is Bruno effect and nothing to do with ole but then we can say same about klopp that it is VVD effect or Mane effect that Pool are doing so good. If you blame ole for poor performance then you should also praise him for the good which I don't see you doing with the same passion. It's like you are more interested in to be proven right than Ole being successful.

Rafaeldagold

I keep on hearing you say he has not changed the game but he did do that against our former manager when we faced spurs. We literally were all over them in that second half. Not many managers including klopp and pep change the formation in between of the game, they just change the personnel.

Yes we were not great against Soton but even then we should have won had rashford and martial taken their chances. Even a rival fan here has admitted that we were good that day just unfortunate that we lost our left back and were playing with 10 men. I know we should have made sure to finish that game 2-1 but shit happens. You don't go on winning by 3 goals margin for 4 consecutive games if you are just not good. You may not like it but we have played some good football since Bruno has joined. Now you will say that is Bruno effect and nothing to do with ole but then we can say same about klopp that it is VVD effect or Mane effect that Pool are doing so good. If you blame ole for poor performance then you should also praise him for the good which I don't see you doing with the same passion. It's like you are more interested in to be proven right than Ole being successful.
Southampton weren’t unlucky at all, draw was a fair result.

I have praised him for our good results & performances. Which is why I’m not saying he definitely should be sacked just that I’m not totally convinced & think we could probably do better that’s all

AshRK

Southampton weren’t unlucky at all, draw was a fair result.

I have praised him for our good results & performances. Which is why I’m not saying he definitely should be sacked just that I’m not totally convinced & think we could probably do better that’s all
Tell me how many chances Soton had the other day. I remember one good save that de gea had to make, that's it. We had 2 great chances in the second half itself. Again not saying we were good but you cannot keep on showing up after the games we drop points and then pretend to be fair to Ole.

Rafaeldagold

Tell me how many chances Soton had the other day. I remember one good save that de gea had to make, that's it. We had 2 great chances in the second half itself. Again not saying we were good but you cannot keep on showing up after the games we drop points and then pretend to be fair to Ole.
Southampton constantly looked a threat, we didn’t look in control at all. If you didn’t see it that way then fair enough.

So Ole can’t get any criticism, after I’ve just said I praise him for the way we’ve come back from a truly awful season to a potentially half decent one, ok fair enough

AshRK

Southampton constantly looked a threat, we didn’t look in control at all. If you didn’t see it that way then fair enough.

So Ole can’t get any criticism, after I’ve just said I praise him for the way we’ve come back from a truly awful season to a potentially half decent one, ok fair enough
I hope to see you here in this post if we finish in top 4 because I am sure to see you if we don't.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Southampton weren’t unlucky at all, the draw was a fair result.

I have praised him for our good results & performances. Which is why I’m not saying he definitely should be sacked just that I’m not convinced & think we could probably do better that’s all
Southampton were very lucky to escape with a point. We should have been out of sight before the 70-minute mark, but failed to take our many chances and ultimately paid the price.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin

Confirmation bias indeed.

For all their energy and enthusiasm in midfield, they never looked like scoring against us. We should have won the game comfortably.

Rafaeldagold

Southampton were very lucky to escape with a point. We should have been out of sight before the 70-minute mark, but failed to take our many chances and ultimately paid the price.
Did you honestly think we had a good game? Must’ve been watching a different one as Southampton always looked a threat & we had no answer for their pressing

Rafaeldagold

Confirmation bias indeed.

For all their energy and enthusiasm in midfield, they never looked like scoring against us. We should have won the game comfortably.
They never looked like scoring? Wow how on earth did they manage 2 then.

Confirmation bias indeed

AshRK

They never looked like scoring? Wow how on earth did they manage 2 then.

Confirmation bias indeed
Then according to your analogy we also deserved to score more than 2 even after not being good. You cannot just refuse to admit one fact and then keep on saying Soton were amazing and we were shit. Yes Soton were better in that second half but even then we missed 2 huge chances and Soton hardly created anything and only managed to score when we were down to 10. And in this whole argument we are not even talking about Romeu's challenge which should have warranted a red card.

Shit happens so move on.

Rafaeldagold

Does that sound hugely different to you?
Obviously. Tearing us to pieces makes it sound like they were destroying us all game.

Cutting through us with ease is suggesting it was way too easy when they attacked us only & we looked susceptible

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Then according to your analogy we also deserved to score more than 2 even after not being good. You cannot just refuse to admit one fact and then keep on saying Soton were amazing and we were shit. Yes Soton were better in that second half but even then we missed 2 huge chances and Soton hardly created anything and only managed to score when we were down to 10. And in this whole argument we are not even talking about Romeu's challenge which should have warranted a red card.

Shit happens so move on.
Agreed. Romeu sent off and we take one of our several other chances, we win the game comfortably. Just one of those games the other night, they happen. Looking forward to tonight.

ILC

Anyhing other than a win and ALL the Ole out brigade are out in full force.
Stop it please. This is not some random draw or loss in December when you still have time to recover, improve etc. This is literally a choke job when we had the chance to go 3rd. This is literally the same pattern from the end of last season repeating now. It's not a coincidence.

Strelok

Why on Earth are you showing highlights as a means to prove your point? You need to show the whole game to see how the game actually went- not just snippets of it.
:lol:
If there's any scoring chance, it'd be in the highlight. And it's from the Sou youtube acc.

Could you show us a clip that Sou got more than three scoring chances in that please?

Rafaeldagold

:lol:
If there's any scoring chance, it'd be in the highlight. And it's from the Sou youtube acc.

Could you show us a clip that Sou got more than three scoring chances in that please?
I swear some people don’t actually watch football properly. You could have a very threatening attack with a ball fizzed across the box not included on that highlight package, you don’t get the feel of how the game actually went from a highlights package.

Withnail

Obviously. Tearing us to pieces makes it sound like they were destroying us all game.

Cutting through us with ease is suggesting it was way too easy when they attacked us only & we looked susceptible
Well, when you focus on a handful of attacks and claim a team who weren't really creating clear-cut chances were cutting through us with ease, it makes it seem like we were in real danger of losing the game.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Did you honestly think we had a good game? Must’ve been watching a different one as Southampton always looked a threat & we had no answer for their pressing
It wasn't our most convincing performance since the restart, but I put most of that down to fatigue. Playing the same team five times in quick succession is bound to have an adverse effect, they are only human.

Still, we created more than enough chances to win the game and would have had our finishing been on par with our previous 4 or 5 games. It wasn't though, and we paid the price as a result of that.

That's just football.

Strelok

I swear some people don’t actually watch football properly. You could have a very threatening attack with a ball fizzed across the box not included on that highlight package, you don’t get the feel of how the game actually went from a highlights package.
You call it a very threatening attack with 3 scoring chances for the whole 90' ?

Well that's hell of a new definition :lol:

Now, again, seriously do you have any other evidence to back up your very threatening attack than just your own words ? And don't dodge it again man, it makes you look bad.

Rafaeldagold

You call it a very threatening attack with 3 scoring chances for the whole 90' ?

Well that's hell of a new definition :lol:

Now, again, seriously do you have any other evidence to back up your very threatening attack than just your own words ? And don't dodge it again man, it makes you look bad.
If you watched the game and didn’t think they looked threatening (and them scoring 2 goals implies) then good for you, I’m not trawling through clips for you

Rafaeldagold

It wasn't our most convincing performance since the restart, but I put most of that down to fatigue. Playing the same team five times in quick succession is bound to have an adverse effect, they are only human.

Still, we created more than enough chances to win the game and would have had our finishing been on par with our previous 4 or 5 games. It wasn't though, and we paid the price as a result of that.

That's just football.
That’s another fair take from the game, we weren’t convincing correct. And when you’re not that convincing you can’t complain when we draw. I was gutted when they scored at the end, but was it undeserving, I honestly don’t think it was unfortunately

bsCallout

1. In your opinion. I think most people remembered him winning the league in Germany and still factored it in.

2. I actually don't think he should be sacked. I just think people dismissing all the concerns about him are foolish. I think the club should be looking at alternatives so we're not starting from scratch if he ever gets sacked.

You didn't respond to my question about the academy player compared to Ronaldo. Would you treat them the same?

Regarding the unbeaten streak:

https://www.manutd.com/en/printprod...ecord-for-remaining-unbeaten-at-old-trafford#

Unbeaten streaks don't guarantee future success. Mourinho's track record of negativity eventually hurt us despite the unbeaten streak and the people who remembered that track record and weren't blinded by the streak were proven correct. I, and many other United fans, worry that something similar could happen here regarding OGS's lack of experience.
1. No it is not opinion. Klopps record didn't have to be factored into it because the progress was clear. Now if he was performing poorly then maybe they would say, 'let's give him more time because he's done good before' but it wasn't even a discussion. Ole is performing well, progressing, like Klopp. If we were playing poorly now, Ole's job would definitely be on the line because he has no prior achievements to speak of. At the moment it shouldn't be in discussion.

2. I think all clubs, at all times, should be looking for available managers, at the moment though Ole's position shouldn't be in question. He has things to prove still, and things to work on, like all managers that aren't top of the league. Even Klopp should be queried by fans for his inability to challenge in multiple competitions, but it doesn't mean his position is in question.

Mourinho's streak was littered with draws, and it was ONLY at OT, which means he was otherwise losing games. He also wasn't winning games by 3 goals, bringing through a very young squad and showing progress in style of play. The environment was also horrible. It is not comparable.

Sorry, I didn't see the academy player Q, was that aimed at me?

romufc

I am glad you watched it properly. Did you see how many saves DDG made and block after block made from our defenders? They had like 2 ball fizzed across :lol:

They have one good save of DDG, one mistake goal and one corner.

If we had no answer to their pressing, how did we score 2 goals? How did we create better chances than them? If we had no answer, it means we relied on set pieces and long balls, why were both our goals created from brilliant play?

RedDevilUnited369

Is anyone really entertaining a new manager?

Wouldn't the money be better used on the squad seeing as there is a remarkable improvement under Ole?

Why is this thread still going?

Rafaeldagold

I am glad you watched it properly. Did you see how many saves DDG made and block after block made from our defenders? They had like 2 ball fizzed across :lol:

They have one good save of DDG, one mistake goal and one corner.

If we had no answer to their pressing, how did we score 2 goals? How did we create better chances than them? If we had no answer, it means we relied on set pieces and long balls, why were both our goals created from brilliant play?
Why is everyone so defensive with Ole. If it was a Jose/LVG match it would be a more fair reflection of the game I’m sure.

I never said we were Shite. We just weren’t convincing & a draw was a fair result

Paul_Scholes18

Is anyone really entertaining a new manager?

Wouldn't the money be better used on the squad seeing as there is a remarkable improvement under Ole?

Why is this thread still going?
Because Ole is probably not good enough based on what we have seen so far.
Good enough to win big things that is.
It is not enough to just buy players you need to coach them to an elite level too.

Status
Not open for further replies.