Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Enigma_87

You know who
He has the Jose card, ole was sacked because Jose the cnut left him a poisoned chalice of a team
Apparently he’s also evaluated on getting rid of some players and it took some monumental effort. :lol:

Despite Jose and LvG themselves getting rid of many players as soon as they came in.

It’s like being cheered for showing up on time at work.:D

Tony247

After watching the match yesterday I really don't know what united should do. Looks like players don't want to play anymore. There was no urgency, no intensity just nonchalant passing of the ball to nearest player - in Fred's case nearest invisible player.

This club is in mess. If sacking Ole will solve the problem then I am in.

tonnas

How can ANYONE defend Ole? Its only because he was a legend as a player. We have NO IDEA what is going on int he pitch, players are clueless, no scheme or pattern or any clue how to attack and yet people are keeping faith? The season will get worse and he will be sacked just like jose was last years, its bloody obvious. Wont be surprised if he is sacked after the liverpool game just like Jose was last year.

Loon

:lol:
I mean sure but we aren't looking at finishing outside the top 4. We are looking at finishing outside the top 6. Maybe 8th?

We have a better team than that and we'll Ole allowed to team to get worse in attack choosing not to replace Lukaku.

We must have a cut off point that just isn't good enough. For me that can't be lower than 6th.
Not replacing Lukaku was a shocker. I don't know if it was simply prime target was unavailable and a stop-gap striker was not deemed financially viable, but that decision could ultimately cost us any chance of top four and, in the long-term, Solskjaer his job.

tonnas

So having a potentially 5th manager in 6 years is the solution? With the existing club structure in place still? Your post about thinking with emotion is irony at it's finest. Out of interest who would you honestly bring in? Who would want to come? With Woodie controlling the purse strings :confused:
so what do you want? keep a clueless manager incharge?

RAVred

2/3 of our "terrible" managers achieved much better results with the same mediocre board, with arguably less backing and support. He's pretty much a mouth piece of the board and institution thats Man Utd

Mourinho overachieved greatly with this team, just because you dislike his style of play, antagonist antics and philosophy doesnt mean he was a bad coach for us. And he had next to no backing from the board, buying players like Fred in the last window is clear evidence of that. Yea some of his signings didnt work out, but the board clearly wanted high profile and name signings rather than signings he wanted to play his football, i.e. Perisic.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Firmly in the give Ole more time camp, and I'm not particularly bothered about last nights frankly dreadful performance, but I don't agree with his post match comments saying that we played well. I can only assume he didn't want to criticise the kids in public. Its okay to say the performance stank without criticising individuals.

However, our objective is to get to the knockout stages with minimal fuss and an away draw on that pitch is a decent result. It will soon be forgotten. We must make 2 signings in January and then at least 4 in in the summer.

Enigma_87

You know who
I think Ole should be given until March 2020, and 1 more window to show if he can improve the team. If not then go all out for Pochettino.

Greenwood needs to go out on loan next season. Garner possibly too.

Ole has had a massive thankless rebuild, after 6 years of terrible spending from 3 terrible managers. He's gotten an awful lot right since he arrived, but is he making the correct team selections week in week out? I'm not so sure. His insistence on using Pereira, Lingard and Mata, while playing Pogba away from his favoured position is baffling. Diogo Dalot should play as the right sided forward, and I'm not sure who should play next to Scott in Central mid but Pogba, Fred, Matic and Pereira are all garbage there.
After Ole bombs out he will leave the squad in a worse state than when he inherited it.

Barebones of a squad. Assets like Lukaku sold without being replaced. Still players like Young, Matic knocking about first team football and bunch of players with brand new contracts.

Giving him time till 2020 will take this team even further in the abyss.

For starters you are looking at another year and a half of inept tactical management and zero coaching.

Loon

:lol:
I wont hate him. Anyone that hates someone because of football is an idiot.

He's trying. Its not working. No reason to hate him.
I agree. No reason to hate him. If he is sacked, he'll join Wilf McGuiness as one of those ex-reds who regrettably were simply not up to the task of managing United.

bondsname

Keep him till the second someone worthy shows up, someone that actually knows what he is doing.

AneRu

Our mistakes is thinking 2nd with that United team is a failure. We're impatience and thinks all it takes is a modern young attacking manager and we'll win the league.

Bollocks our squad needs rebuilding, by the time we finished our rebuilt other teams have 3-4 more titles in their bag. Here we are thinking it's Ok, once the rebuilt is done we'll sweep everything.
Tbh I don't mind too much if we embark on 3 or 4 year rebuild and then fail to win the title thereafter if we just return to being a fixture in the top 4 and CL quarters. Winning the title will come once you're good enough to achieve the above, imo. I just want us to have a competitive team because once you have that you are a Van Persie or Salah signing away from the big trophies.

Saddy

October is a huge month now with 2 bottom 4 clubs away and our hated rival to play at home - 3 losses in these matches will probably mean a bottom 6 position and I would think the lowest position in the league since the 80s then we play Chelsea away so it's actually possible we could be in the relegation zone at that stage. Defo sacked but in my heart I wish he would just walk away and admit he couldn't do it - I'm sure the club would still honour a portion of his contract maybe one year. The best option would be DOF but we know that won't happen...

Ole is reeling off the same attempted positive talk but it's written all over his face that he doesn't believe what he's saying !

If we win these 3 matches or maybe realistically get an exciting draw against Liverpool he stays in the job but he's a dead man walking IMO as the players continue to regress

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The gradual lowering of standards has been a masterstroke by the Glazers.

I never thought I'd see United fans being happy with a 6th placed finish.

Unreal from our owners. What a soft fan base we have. "biggest club in the world" apparently :lol:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Tbh I don't mind too much if we embark on 3 or 4 year rebuild and then fail to win the title thereafter if we just return to being a fixture in the top 4 and CL quarters. Winning the title will come once you're good enough to achieve the above, imo. I just want us to have a competitive team because once you have that you are a Van Persie or Salah signing away from the big trophies.
Nah, we're too high for that.

2nd is nothing, winning europa league is nothing, we're manchester united we need to win the league.

/sarcasm

davidmichael

I’m very much now of the thinking that whoever takes over or managing us needs about £500 million to invest in midfielders and forwards.

We desperately need a defensive midfielder, a playmaker, a right sided forward and a striker and the type of quality that we need to be around £100-£150 million per player.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I actually think this is the one instance we will not sack a manager who finishes outside the top four. The decision makers feel/hope Solskjaer is building something and will give him another season. I guess they're praying lighting will strike twice as when Bobby Charlton et al persuaded Edwards not to bin Fergie in 1989/90.

If only...
What about a manager who finishes bottom half? Because that's a very, very realistic possibility.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Not replacing Lukaku was a shocker. I don't know if it was simply prime target was unavailable and a stop-gap striker was not deemed financially viable, but that decision could ultimately cost us any chance of top four and, in the long-term, Solskjaer his job.
not very "long run" at this rate...

Mainoldo

Difficult one.

He is clearing out well

And his signings have been good

And he’ll give youth a chance

And we can’t go an a perpetual cycle of hiring and firing managers

...and he’s a legend

But negating all that. The football is terrible.

Perhaps give him another 12 months. In that time 4 more signings and then let’s see how he does. He has after all inherited an awful squad.
Well that’s false.

He’s cleared out deadwood and also created more deadwood. Rashford; Lingard; Shaw; Lindelof; Pierera all looking extra shite.

His signings have been here a month. If Dan James doesn’t kick on with his development he’ll be deadwood too. I don’t want to be seeing this player 12 months done the line. Harry Maguire is good on the ball but I wouldn’t know because he don’t keep it well.

I rather he didn’t give youth a chance.. the more they play the more I fear for their overall career.

We’re in the cycle and to be quite frank.. we take too long in doing that too.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
What about a manager who finishes bottom half? Because that's a very, very realistic possibility.
last year, I said we had as much chance of being relegated as we did of winning the title. I can't repeat that this season: we are far more likely to go down than win the title

AneRu

It’s very odd way of looking at it. You would keep the worst one on the premise that you fired the last 3?

Basically you are evaluated not on stinking up your job at the moment but on the guys before you?
He is saying if you replace a flat tyre with one that has a slow puncture you shouldn't change the tyres since doing so hasn't worked on previous occasions whilst completely ignoring the fact that the thought processes we carried out on replacing managers were flawed.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
No it isn't - league performances have been better than the results suggest. No chance we finish lower than 6/7th IMO. Feel free to slate me at seasons end if I am wrong.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I still don't see how we can lump all of this on the manager. The squad is threadbare - I mean really a trainwreck. We have a pretty good first XI when everyone is fit, but one which two signings would make a very obvious and immediate improvement to.

We question the first XI that is being picked, but what these cup games are showing is that in fact the best team we have available are being selected in the league. There are no doubts about that. Fred isn't good enough for this level. Gomes and Greenwood are not ready yet (Gomes may never be). There simply isn't an alternative team that can be picked for our league games, and when we consider that this best XI has no right winger or number 10 worthy of the name then its clear that we are going to struggle to score goals.

Ole might soon end up being in the dead man walking category, simply because the clamour will intensify. For me though, I will forgive him almost anything until we strengthen this squad because I just don't believe that we could be doing much better than we are.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
No it isn't - league performances have been better than the results suggest. No chance we finish lower than 6/7th IMO. Feel free to slate me at seasons end if I am wrong.
This is continually your stance and I've already argued with you on it. Needless to say I think you're wrong and if it wasn't a club legend in charge you wouldn't be saying it, but I don't see the point in revisiting old debates.

You never responded to my post asking you what Ole's doing so amazing behind the scenes that makes up for our dreadful results so I assume you don't have an answer for that either.

AneRu

I’m very much now of the thinking that whoever takes over or managing us needs about £500 million to invest in midfielders and forwards.

We desperately need a defensive midfielder, a playmaker, a right sided forward and a striker and the type of quality that we need to be around £100-£150 million per player.
I don't think it's that bad or we need to go full on panic and start throwing huge figures at players again. Sign a competent right winger and striker you transform this team. Lozano went for €40m odd and we were linked with Baller before he went to Spurs. So for around £100m we could have had players that could plug the most serious holes in the side.

The figures we are always made to pay are a result of stupidity and lack of vision. Take Maguire for example, Fergie would have signed him the moment Hull went down but Mourinho chose Lindelof, half the player and paid twice the fee. One thing I like about this summer was the punt on James, we don't do those often enough these days.

Enigma_87

You know who
He is saying if you replace a flat tyre with one that has a slow puncture you shouldn't change the tyres since doing so hasn't worked on previous occasions whilst completely ignoring the fact that the thought processes we carried out on replacing managers were flawed.
He’s essentially saying that you should drive with 4 flat tyres instead of changing it because you had flat tires before.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United

Unreal from our owners. What a soft fan base we have. "biggest club in the world" apparently :lol:
Just throw them a bone like ole on the wheel or a new shiny toy and they toe in line

Halal Jalal

Just throw them a bone like ole on the wheel or a new shiny toy and they toe in line
This and this.

Vault Dweller

I want the team to succeed, ideally with Ole. As I said earlier in the thread, if he gets sacked it will be deserved but it saddens me.
How I feel too @JPRouve. There are still injuries and real issues elsewhere too but the tactical side of our game and the slow passing and moving really is poor. Things really have to improve drastically soon. I'm mystified by just how many injuries we seem to have, season after season.

RedIan

Our form under ole since the initial run of unbeaten games has been atrocious and relegation fodder. No wins in the last 10 away games worst run since 1989... its sacking form for anyone else..
I backed ole as i loved him but his nativity in not replacing 4 key players is just plain stupidity. Not only that the football has resorted to boring goalless crap ( a symptom of not replacing Lukaku) so Ole is lucky to still be in a job atm.

HybridMoments

Honest question: If David Moyes was our manager now, would people still be saying he needed more time and more transfer windows to get it right?

Vault Dweller

If only you could get away with only doing 3/4 of your job in other professions.

Pilot : takes off well, decent in cruise, but often crash lands. Let's give him a few more years to see if he can fix his landings

Teacher : knows his stuff, teaches well, but is a paedo. Let's give him another year, if you can work that out of him.
That's a weird comparison.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
This is continually your stance and I've already argued with you on it. Needless to say I think you're wrong and if it wasn't a club legend in charge you wouldn't be saying it, but I don't see the point in revisiting old debates.

You never responded to my post asking you what Ole's doing so amazing behind the scenes that makes up for our dreadful results so I assume you don't have an answer for that either.
Of course I don't have an answer. Its not even worth a response. I'm not behind the scenes, so I can't tell you what he is doing that's so amazing any more than you can tell me what he is doing so badly.

For the record, my stance has nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that he is a club legend. It doesn't even factor into my thinking, and I don't understand why anyone would be swayed by that.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Honest question: If David Moyes was our manager now, would people still be saying he needed more time and more transfer windows to get it right?
Honest answer from me is that my stance would be unchanged no matter who was our manager. The players aren't good enough.

Smores

Honest answer from me is that my stance would be unchanged no matter who was our manager. The players aren't good enough.
Fitness was a major issue at the end of last season and cost us top four IMO - that will be addressed. I think we'll be comfortably above Arsenal and Chelsea next season. We're a better team than people think.
Sometimes it's best just to let a poster argue with their past self

Status
Not open for further replies.