Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

romufc

That’s why majority would never support sacking of Ole at this stage.
That is exactly the reason. We do not want to go back to a manager coming in taking 6 months to assess a squad, then needs his signings and the cycle repeats itself.

With how Chelsea are investing, we cannot afford for Ole to fail. Sacking him would do nothing for us at this moment.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
We have lost 1 game in 20 and that too after fixtures were piled up and players were tired. Don't think Ole deserves any talk of sack. 3rd was the position most would have taken at the start of the season and we are on course for that.

Mainoldo

The biggest issue that Ole out gang can’t explain is why one of their choice of manager is bound to do as well or better than Ole. When some of the top tactical managers of their times, LVG (fresh out of Holland WC spoils) or Mourinho (title win with Chelsea and Real Madrid stint) failed miserably here.

Ole is doing some important things right, like recruitment and improving players. Another guy may have a completely different vision of the team and abandon the current team building halfway. What if some of the players amongst Greenwood/Rashford/Martial/AWB/Pogba/Maguire who have formed the core of our team are not suitable for the tactical play? We will be back to square one. That’s why majority would never support sacking of Ole at this stage.
You reckon? I think it’s easy to explain. I think the hard part is trying to convince the individual on the other end.

For example if I said Poch is a better manager. The response is he hasn’t won anything. However neither has Ole.. so then it just goes down to opinion.

If I say X manager who has won something. It’s then but so so Jose and LVG and that didn’t work.

It really proves nothing trying to justify who’s better. You either see it or you don’t.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
You reckon? I think it’s easy to explain. I think the hard part is trying to convince the individual on the other end.

For example if I said Poch is a better manager. The response is he hasn’t won anything. However neither has Ole.. so then it just goes down to opinion.

If I say X manager who has won something. It’s then but so so Jose and LVG and that didn’t work.

It really proves nothing trying to justify who’s better. You either see it or you don’t.
Umm. Ole out group needs to justify why he should be sacked and who'd be a good replacement. At the end of the day, the guy who is going to replace him needs to justify why he is a better option. That's how it works in literally every field, and not just football.

At the end of the day, you need to compare us from where we were an year ago, apply context and judge whether we've progressed, and whether the trajectory is still going upwards or if we peaked at the mid of the season and the line has been going down.

Any level headed person can see that we've progressed this season, our foundations are strong and thought over keeping not just the current season in mind, but the next 5-7 seasons. It's for that season, even the talks of him getting sacked (irrespective of us finishing 3rd or not) is rubbish.

Withnail

Yes yes when we win it’s down to Ole, when we lose we have shite players & not his fault .

Don’t you get tired talking rubbish?
I've never said those things whereas I think my comment was an accurate representation of what you have been posting.

You just reverse any criticism because you actually don't have anything constructive to say.

romufc

I was having a chat with a Liverpool fan. Have a look at this quote from a Liverpool fan site when it came to rating the players at the end of the season.

"76 points and fourth place in his first full season is a superb effort, especially having lost so many key players for lengthy periods.

Next season has to result in a genuine title push to be deemed a success, with better use of substitutions an area for improvement, and analysing why so many injuries affected the squad despite so few games.

This summer promises to be a very exciting one"

Klopp came in and worked on fitness, remember that he joined in October and Ole in December. The season after he pushed his players and injuries came about, similar to us this season, a small squad and key injuries have cost us.

The same things are being labelled at Ole with respects to his subs and squad rotation.

Disclaimer: I do not think Ole is anywhere near as good as Klopp, just putting things into perspective

Mainoldo

Umm. Ole out group needs to justify why he should be sacked and who'd be a good replacement. At the end of the day, the guy who is going to replace him needs to justify why he is a better option. That's how it works in literally every field, and not just football.

At the end of the day, you need to compare us from where we were an year ago, apply context and judge whether we've progressed, and whether the trajectory is still going upwards or if we peaked at the mid of the season and the line has been going down.

Any level headed person can see that we've progressed this season, our foundations are strong and thought over keeping not just the current season in mind, but the next 5-7 seasons. It's for that season, even the talks of him getting sacked (irrespective of us finishing 3rd or not) is rubbish.
I’ve never asked anyone to justify why Ole should be sacked. You’ve missed the main point. No matter what the justification is unless the manager is Jorgen Klopp your not going to win an argument with posters who want Ole to stay. Even if it was Klopp they’d probably have an issue with that too. Imagine trying to convince a poster Klopp who just took a sabbatical from a failed Dortmund season needs to come in and replace Ole as he’s currently free and out of management? It would be piled with insults and what has he done lately. He’s a flop etc.

More over You really have to judge things once the season is over based on what you’ve said. Last year we bottled top 4 this year is yet to be seen. But if he bottles it again I don’t see the progression.

Mainoldo

I was having a chat with a Liverpool fan. Have a look at this quote from a Liverpool fan site when it came to rating the players at the end of the season.

"76 points and fourth place in his first full season is a superb effort, especially having lost so many key players for lengthy periods.

Next season has to result in a genuine title push to be deemed a success, with better use of substitutions an area for improvement, and analysing why so many injuries affected the squad despite so few games.

Klopp came in and worked on fitness, remember that he joined in October and Ole in December. The season after he pushed his players and injuries came about, similar to us this season, a small squad and key injuries have cost us.

The same things are being labelled at Ole with respects to his subs and squad rotation.

Disclaimer: I do not think Ole is anywhere near as good as Klopp, just putting things into perspective
Your disclaimer is the main point though.

Fussball13251

He hasn't done too badly tbh. But if he goes Erik ten Hag would be my next choice... but you'll need some of his staff aswell.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
I’ve never asked anyone to justify why Ole should be sacked. You’ve missed the main point. No matter what the justification is unless the manager is Jorgen Klopp your not going to win an argument with posters who want Ole to stay. Even if it was Klopp they’d probably have an issue with that too. Imagine trying to convince a poster Klopp who just took a sabbatical from a failed Dortmund season needs to come in and replace Ole as he’s currently free and out of management? It would be piled with insults and what has he done lately. He’s a flop etc.

More over You really have to judge things once the season is over based on what you’ve said. Last year we bottled top 4 this year is yet to be seen. But if he bottles it again I don’t see the progression.
The reason I think you can’t win the argument is because you can’t put forward a decent option for a manager to replace Ole and reasons why. I havnt seen them anyway, just usual cries for sir Poch or allegri

romufc

Your disclaimer is the main point though.
Yes, but I do not think there is another manager who is as good as him at the moment. This is the problem.

When we had LVG, the board made the decision to sack him and get Jose because he was a better manager at the time. Yes people will say he had lost it etc but he had won the league with Chelsea 2 seasons prior.

Sacking for sacking sake is pointless.

Fussball13251

Yes, but I do not think there is another manager who is as good as him at the moment. This is the problem.

When we had LVG, the board made the decision to sack him and get Jose because he was a better manager at the time. Yes people will say he had lost it etc but he had won the league with Chelsea 2 seasons prior.

Sacking for sacking sake is pointless.
1. Ole hasn't done all hat badly. But to say there is nobody else is ridiculous. Erik ten Hag and I can name others. Your mindset is of that of a Liverpool fan when they were stuck in nowhere land.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

Except that Oles been in the job for almost two years and results wise, we've not really improved.

romufc

1. Ole hasn't done all hat badly. But to say there is nobody else is ridiculous. Erik ten Hag and I can name others. Your mindset is of that of a Liverpool fan when they were stuck in nowhere land.
Please read it properly, I said there is no manager like Klopp, I know there are other managers around.

My mindset might be there, but you might need to stop acting like an entitled fan.

We have not competed for the PL since SAF and not competed in CL since then too, so don't act as if we are this super successful club at the moment.

A new manager will not make us compete for the league with this group of players.

Rafaeldagold

Exactly there’s loads of better managers around the world. Ole is NOT our only option like they try to make out

tomaldinho1

I'll never get this Poch argument. I like Poch but the stick that we're using to beat Ole with can easily be used to beat Poch with as well.

Then our story would be - "Poch hasn't won anywhere, atleast Ole had won somewhere. Plus Ole learned from the very best and had a good understanding with players like Pogba who he coached when they were young. Poch couldn't win a thing with Kane, Son and Eriksen when City, Chelsea and Utd managers were finding their feet."

Poch's biggest strength is improving his players, but the same can be said of Ole as well! I like Poch, but I don't see why we should change managers now, when we are on the upward trajectory
The issue with this way of thinking is that it's not drawing any experience from the past. Whether a manager has won trophies or not is actually irrelevant - Mou & LVG had won pretty much everything and Moyes had never won anything. What matters if if you can point to a manager's past experience and see evidence of building and improving a team. If that team matches with what you;d like to see in your club, you hire them and give them the tools to do just that. This is why our managerial appointments have been so strange - did we really envisage ourselves playing like Moyes' Everton, we all knew what LVG was about and were maybe duped by his national team setup, Mou was always a terrible match culturally & then Ole was an unknown.

There are certain managers in the PL who have a style of football that is easy to identify: Klopp, Pep, Farke, Hasenhuttl, Lampard, Mou, Rodgers to name a few and some might be better/worse suited to how we envisage United than others. With Poch you can say the same and I don't think it's an exaggeration to say he built and transformed that Spurs team and they played an awesome brand of aggressive, high press football that was really entertaining to watch. It is the type of football I thought United were going to try and play but realistically we simply haven't seen it happen and I can't see it suddenly beginning now. I feel like what we see on the pitch now is going to be our setup and the only thing to do is add more and more expensive players hoping that will make up the huge gap.

For me the legacy of a really good manager is when you see fans drastically change their opinions on players after they have been improved by that manager, it leads to a lot of revisionism and comments like your above ' Poch couldn't win a thing with Kane, Son and Eriksen' because Kane was really created by Poch, Son was seen as a weak, technical player who might find it hard to adjust and cost sub £30m & Eriksen cost £11m after Poch got some money for the Bale transfer. Now Kane is one of the best strikers in the world, Son likely among the top 5 LW in the world and Eriksen is an elite/arguably world class creative midfielder. I think you can take many of his players who no one really knew/rated that highly; Alderweireld, vertonghen, Demebele, Trippier and say their reputations skyrocketed under Poch.

romufc

Except that Oles been in the job for almost two years and results wise, we've not really improved.
Ole has been here 1.5 years, this is his first full season.

If we finish in the top 4 how have we not improved when we finished 6th last season? We are unbeaten in PL since January... I do not see how results have not improved.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
The reason I think you can’t win the argument is because you can’t put forward a decent option for a manager to replace Ole and reasons why. I havnt seen them anyway, just usual cries for sir Poch or allegri
Asking people to name Ole's successor is a limp and tired attempt at moving the argument away from Ole's performances as a coach and instead asking fans to name a manager that YOU agree with.

The problem there is that...

1. You are an Ole In fan, and thus will disagree with whatever manager he puts forward - then claiming that this 'won' you the argument, as you've done above.

2. That's not @Mainoldo or @Rafaeldagold , or any fans' job. It's Woodward's job. He's here as a fan talking about the current performances of Utd and Utd's current manager. He doesn't have to be able to achieve what Ed Woodward hasn't been able to do in 7 years!

I can see that the current U.K government are doing an absolutely shit job - I don't need to be able to fix their political mistakes myself in order to be able to see that they're failing.

Hopefully people can move past this absolutely ludicrous moving of debate and understand how utterly idiotic it is from a debate point of view.

Talk about what you believe in and see within Ole's coaching, tell us exactly why you think he's the best manager that Utd can get.

Last edited:

Flexdegea

You don’t want to see the rational arguments. You’re too set in your ways.

It’s ok, you just can’t rationalise the ex legend player to the average manager. Just give it time & you’ll mature enough to see the difference

Pot kettle black :lol:

Your post above this one was mostly rubbish. Still saying it's all bruno for the up turn. We made that turn around December. We've been clawing points back since then even with the injury issues.

Now we are sitting 3rd.

anant

Again, if a team is on the up, it makes literally no sense to sack a manager as there is no manager who can guarantee you instant success, or rather success. Whenever a team changes a manager, they are gambling on the fact that the new manager will perform better than the old one, and that decision is generally taken when the team is on the decline.

And irrespective of the result against Leicester, you need to look at how the trajectory of the team has been over 38 games and a single game shouldn't define whether Ole has been good or not. It's similar to Lampard's case. They've done well, but I'm certain their fans wouldn't ask for his head if they finish 5th and lose FA Cup final.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Asking people to name Ole's successor is a limp and tired attempt at moving the argument away from Ole's performances as a coach and instead asking fans to name a manager that YOU agree with.

The problem there is that...

1. You are an Ole In fan, and thus will disagree with whatever manager he puts forward - then claiming that this 'won' you the argument, as you've done above.

2. That's not his, or any fans' job. It's Woodward's job. He's here as a fan talking about the current performances of Utd and Utd's current manager. He doesn't have to be able to achieve what Ed Woodward hasn't been able to do in 7 years.

I can see that the current U.K government are doing an absolutely shit job - I don't need to be able to fix their political mistakes myself in order to be able to see that they're failing.

Hopefully people can move past this absolutely ludicrous moving of debate and understand how utterly idiotic it is from a debate point of view.

Talk about what you believe in and see within Ole's coaching, tell us exactly why you think he's the best manager that Utd can get.
When someone says Ole is not good enough and needs to be sacked, the logical question is for who and why. Most of the time there isn’t a who to be named so the whole moaning of getting Ole sacked is stupid and pointless.

As for Oles performance as a coach I’d say that we’ve clearly improved over the last year and he just went unbeaten in 19games in all competitions with the best points tally since the restart, so again I’d question the Ole out people as to why he should be out. Isn’t that also a logical question?

Di Maria's angel

Ole has been here 1.5 years, this is his first full season.

If we finish in the top 4 how have we not improved when we finished 6th last season? We are unbeaten in PL since January... I do not see how results have not improved.
Because we actually haven't improved. Teams around have gotten worse. We're on course for the same amount of points as last season. A loss and its the worst points tally since SAF retired. Thats not an improvement on anything.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
You don’t want to see the rational arguments. You’re too set in your ways.

It’s ok, you just can’t rationalise the ex legend player to the average manager. Just give it time & you’ll mature enough to see the difference
I'll rather throw a challenge your way:

What players have improved under Ole
Why have they improved
And how has the team improved?

Rules: You can't reply with 2 sentences and point to our score total.

This is a rebuild, it was announced that this would be a bumpy ride.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Because we actually haven't improved. Teams around have gotten worse. We're on course for the same amount of points as last season. A loss and its the worst points tally since SAF retired. Thats not an improvement on anything.
Points, points fecking points. You can’t compare points across seasons unless you want to start question our 99 team? They wouldn’t have won the league most years, must have been shit compared to other teams who won the league

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
For me the legacy of a really good manager is when you see fans drastically change their opinions on players after they have been improved by that manager, it leads to a lot of revisionism and comments like your above ' Poch couldn't win a thing with Kane, Son and Eriksen' because Kane was really created by Poch, Son was seen as a weak, technical player who might find it hard to adjust and cost sub £30m & Eriksen cost £11m after Poch got some money for the Bale transfer. Now Kane is one of the best strikers in the world, Son likely among the top 5 LW in the world and Eriksen is an elite/arguably world class creative midfielder. I think you can take many of his players who no one really knew/rated that highly; Alderweireld, vertonghen, Demebele, Trippier and say their reputations skyrocketed under Poch.
You can argue that Ole is doing the same with us though. The fact is that Pochettino was at Tottenham for a long, long time and he won nothing with a very good group of players, some would argue he had one of the best elevens in the Premier League. We therefore have learnt that Pochettino is very good at building a team, but has struggled and may always struggle to reach the final hurdle. That's fine, not every Manager is destined to be a winner. But we dont' know if this could apply to Ole, we're still early on in his rebuild of our squad, we know that our attacking players have improved, Martial has seen a massive rise in form since Ole took over while Rashford has not only brought more goals to his game but he's also developing into a playmaker. Greenwood goes from strength to strength. Shaw has improved his fitness and form, Lindelof looks like a decent CB finally. Heck, even Fred who I had totally written off has come good. There are signs that Ole is doing what Poch did and what Klopp did.

This is also backed up with our form, we started off badly, don't think anyone here will excuse the first half season form. But we've also been on genuinely excellent runs of form, title winning form. The signs are there that Ole can make this work, whether he goes the same route as Pochettino and becomes a nearly man is up for debate. But to me, it's just a sideways step if we replaced Ole with Poch, no point upsetting the dressing room and fecking up our Summer transfer plans. I also get pissed off with people dismissing our goals as simply "excellent individual goals", i'm sorry, but that's utter, utter shit. The sheer quantity of excellent goals we've scored lately isn't luck, isn't fluke. It's attacking players confident to express themselves, that comes from the Manager. We aren't passing it sideways and playing safe, we're playing attractive creative football. It doesn't always work and we still are inconsistent (shocker), but that comes with time. Again, the signs are there that we're developing as a formidable attacking unit.

Not only has our attacking players improved but we're also picking up far more clean sheets, so we've improved at the back, improved at the front, scoring more goals, conceding less. Getting runs of solid form together and moved up to 3rd and yet by some in this forum we're not making progress. It's infuriating arguing with these idiots who've had it out for Ole since the day he was made Manager.

anant

The issue with this way of thinking is that it's not drawing any experience from the past. Whether a manager has won trophies or not is actually irrelevant - Mou & LVG had won pretty much everything and Moyes had never won anything. What matters if if you can point to a manager's past experience and see evidence of building and improving a team. If that team matches with what you;d like to see in your club, you hire them and give them the tools to do just that. This is why our managerial appointments have been so strange - did we really envisage ourselves playing like Moyes' Everton, we all knew what LVG was about and were maybe duped by his national team setup, Mou was always a terrible match culturally & then Ole was an unknown.

There are certain managers in the PL who have a style of football that is easy to identify: Klopp, Pep, Farke, Hasenhuttl, Lampard, Mou, Rodgers to name a few and some might be better/worse suited to how we envisage United than others. With Poch you can say the same and I don't think it's an exaggeration to say he built and transformed that Spurs team and they played an awesome brand of aggressive, high press football that was really entertaining to watch. It is the type of football I thought United were going to try and play but realistically we simply haven't seen it happen and I can't see it suddenly beginning now. I feel like what we see on the pitch now is going to be our setup and the only thing to do is add more and more expensive players hoping that will make up the huge gap.

As far as the style argument is concerned, we have developed a style - I agree it has changed over the course of the season, but then one can argue that that's how it should be. Changing styles based on the needs and the players you have available. And I don't think the answer to our problem is expensive players - of course we need some marquee players like Sancho and maybe a proper DM, but in terms of starting XI, I do not think we're that far off - as is evident when we play sides without fixture overload.

Now coming to your next part, Martial and Shaw are playing their best football, Fred has suddenly started looking like a good player, there are no mentions of Rashbeck and McT was fantastic this season. Pogba's best football at united has come under Ole. Williams has exceeded expectations of most here as well.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
You can argue that Ole is doing the same with us though. The fact is that Pochettino was at Tottenham for a long, long time and he won nothing with a very good group of players, some would argue he had one of the best elevens in the Premier League. We therefore have learnt that Pochettino is very good at building a team, but has struggled and may always struggle to reach the final hurdle. That's fine, not every Manager is destined to be a winner. But we dont' know if this could apply to Ole, we're still early on in his rebuild of our squad, we know that our attacking players have improved, Martial has seen a massive rise in form since Ole took over while Rashford has not only brought more goals to his game but he's also developing into a playmaker. Greenwood goes from strength to strength. Shaw has improved his fitness and form, Lindelof looks like a decent CB finally. Heck, even Fred who I had totally written off has come good. There are signs that Ole is doing what Poch did and what Klopp did.

This is also backed up with our form, we started off badly, don't think anyone here will excuse the first half season form. But we've also been on genuinely excellent runs of form, title winning form. The signs are there that Ole can make this work, whether he goes the same route as Pochettino and becomes a nearly man is up for debate. But to me, it's just a sideways step if we replaced Ole with Poch, no point upsetting the dressing room and fecking up our Summer transfer plans. I also get pissed off with people dismissing our goals as simply "excellent individual goals", i'm sorry, but that's utter, utter shit. The sheer quantity of excellent goals we've scored lately isn't luck, isn't fluke. It's attacking players confident to express themselves, that comes from the Manager. We aren't passing it sideways and playing safe, we're playing attractive creative football. It doesn't always work and we still are inconsistent (shocker), but that comes with time. Again, the signs are there that we're developing as a formidable attacking unit.

Not only has our attacking players improved but we're also picking up far more clean sheets, so we've improved at the back, improved at the front, scoring more goals, conceding less. Getting runs of solid form together and moved up to 3rd and yet by some in this forum we're not making progress. It's infuriating arguing with these idiots who've had it out for Ole since the day he was made Manager.
Good post

romufc

Okay lets play into your narrative.

Wolves have gotten worse? Wolves will have more points than last season
City are still one of the best teams in Europe
Liverpool are the champions
Chelsea - similar to us.
Arsenal - Finished 5th, signed players this season
Spurs - they lost 13 games last season and 11 this season
SU - A promoted team that have taken points from alot of big clubs this season
Leicester - have 10 more points than last season

The rest of the PL always fluctuates from season to season.

We are on the same points as last season so? league position doesnt matter then?
Does that mean that all of SAF league titles should be stripped off? He never got 98 points and the last 3 seasons that's what it has took to win the title?

Di Maria's angel

Okay lets play into your narrative.

Wolves have gotten worse? Wolves will have more points than last season
City are still one of the best teams in Europe
Liverpool are the champions
Chelsea - similar to us.
Arsenal - Finished 5th, signed players this season
Spurs - they lost 13 games last season and 11 this season
SU - A promoted team that have taken points from alot of big clubs this season
Leicester - have 10 more points than last season

The rest of the PL always fluctuates from season to season.

We are on the same points as last season so? league position doesnt matter then?
Does that mean that all of SAF league titles should be stripped off? He never got 98 points and the last 3 seasons that's what it has took to win the title?
Finishing third would be akin to finishing 2nd under Mourinho.

Most people believe that Liverpool have won league because of the fact that the leagues weaker. Or do you think that Liverpool is the greatest ever team in PL history?

We're the best of a really bad bunch.

Paul_Scholes18

Finishing third would be akin to finishing 2nd under Mourinho.

Most people believe that Liverpool have won league because of the fact that the leagues weaker. Or do you think that Liverpool is the greatest ever team in PL history?

We're the best of a really bad bunch.
It is still a strong league. People claim it is the weakest ever all the time.
I think the bottom half is pretty strong this year.
Not that it is a strong defense for Ole since we should aim higher.

Withnail

You’re going to burst a blood vessel. Just leave them to it. They were the same with Jose and Moyes. They don’t learn and they can’t look past Ole the player.

I know it’s hard to let it rest especially when it’s so blatantly obvious what the problem is. But like people have said before only around 5% of a football fan base actually know anything about football.

You’re better off trolling it’s more fun.
Well well well :lol:

Rafaeldagold

I'll rather throw a challenge your way:

What players have improved under Ole
Why have they improved
And how has the team improved?

Rules: You can't reply with 2 sentences and point to our score total.

This is a rebuild, it was announced that this would be a bumpy ride.
Hmm Greenwood is the main one- This kid is special. Is that down to Ole or just his natural talent- not sure but he does deserve credit for playing him. Martial has done a bit better. - seems more hungry which could be down to the manager.

On the flip side DDG has got worse, I don’t see any improvement with Wan Bisaker who I don’t think is good enough in all honesty.

We look a happier squad, but that’s honestly all I see.

He’s an average manager & not a good/great one I think, that’s all. I don’t hate the man, just don’t think he’s good enough

Mainoldo

Ive gave 5 managers twice now. Go back and tell me why they are not better options than Ole and I’ll tell you why they are.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Ive gave 5 managers twice now. Go back and tell me why they are not better options than Ole and I’ll tell you why they are.
Here

And what have they won at big clubs ?

So you want Allegri, but have complained about negative tactics deployed by Ole in big games

Rose - What has he done?
Nagglesman - What has he achieved?
Biesla - he is not leaving Leeds after getting them promoted for Manutd.

These are just lazy answers.

We had better managers in Jose, LVG, what did we really achieve?
Agreed

Not to mention that Bielsa is 65 years old and probably will retire after finished with Leeds

Allegri - that is a joke. Granted he did really well with Juventus - but they were so good, that it's hard to judge anyone based on being in charge of Juve. Before Juve, he was mediocre in basically every club he was at. People say Ole was lucky to get the United-job, I would say Allegri was lucky to get the Juve-job

Nagelsmann - he is 33 years old. He has started his career well at Hoffenheim and Leipig - but it's way too early to tell if he is good enough to be a manager at the highest level.

Marco Rose probably is the most exciting of these managers - but its a bit strange that people claim that we should drop our manager to replace him with a manager whose biggest feat is doing well in Austria and ending 4th in the Bundesliga

Mainoldo

Again, if a team is on the up, it makes literally no sense to sack a manager as there is no manager who can guarantee you instant success, or rather success. Whenever a team changes a manager, they are gambling on the fact that the new manager will perform better than the old one, and that decision is generally taken when the team is on the decline.

And irrespective of the result against Leicester, you need to look at how the trajectory of the team has been over 38 games and a single game shouldn't define whether Ole has been good or not. It's similar to Lampard's case. They've done well, but I'm certain their fans wouldn't ask for his head if they finish 5th and lose FA Cup final.
Yes I agree. But relatively speaking we ha e failed in our approach for 7 years. Liverpool managed to grab a title but making a tough decision in sacking a manager who brought through youth, played very attractive football and was a slip away from wining them a title. The did so in knowing whilst taking a risk they was employing a manger with a better pedigree. Now Rodgers was young in manager terms and he also had the potential to get better (he does have titles under his belt now). So I take your point on board and your justified in your thinking but in my view there are managers there who are better than Ole which would do better with these current crop of players that would push us on to a tile challenge and a very good Champions League team. You have to remember teams do have cycles and he’s building a very good team ready for a cycle but he’s not the man to take us further with what we have.

Credit to him for what he’s produced so far however.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Yes I agree. But relatively speaking we ha e failed in our approach for 7 years. Liverpool managed to grab a title but making a tough decision in sacking a manager who brought through youth, played very attractive football and was a slip away from wining them a title. The did so in knowing whilst taking a risk they was employing a manger with a better pedigree. Now Rodgers was young in manager terms and he also had the potential to get better (he does have titles under his belt now). So I take your point on board and your justified in your thinking but in my view there are managers there who are better than Ole which would do better with these current crop of players that would push us on to a tile challenge and a very good Champions League team. You have to remember teams do have cycles and he’s building a very good team ready for a cycle but he’s not the man to take us further with what we have.

Credit to him for what he’s produced so far however.
Rogers got the boot when Liverpool turned to shit. Not when he was on the up there.

you start your post by agreeing but then add in a stupid but

Status
Not open for further replies.