Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

He'sRaldo

Its hard to know where the sweet spot is going to be for this group, and I understand your concerns, but I do still feel that changing manager holds just as big a risk as it would be 'gambling' that Ole continues to improve.

Henderson
AWB
Shaw
Rashford
Greenwood
Sancho (fingers crossed)

All very young players who are far from their peak. Maguire, Martial and Fernandes will i suspect hold a good level for some time to come.

I don't see a long or even medium term future for Pogba here, and Matic will obviously need to be replaced, but we have a really good core here and we all agree that Greenwood could well become an immense player. The sky's the limit for him.
Ok so I'll pose a question for you.

Do you think Ole can improve to the level of Pep, Klopp, and Zidane, and do you think he can be even better?

Foxbatt

Do you think Ole can improve to the level of Pep, Klopp, and Zidane, and do you think he can be even better?
I don't think so. Because he doesn't get some of the basics right. It may be attractive football but only attractive football don't win you trophies.
I am really surprised that he hasn't been able to grasp those.
Look at goal kicks. All the other teams need to do is to be close to Pogba and DeGea is either going to pass to him and Pogba is going to mess it up at least once or DeGea is going to kick up to the opposition player normally. All they need is do is get it right once and they score. How many times do we see scary moments? Plenty. Do you think SAF would just sit there if they keep doing it?
No he is going to be on the touch line cursing the players.
He doesn't get to understand in variations in corners too. His game management is piss poor most of the time. In game management either you see it or you don't. It's a natural gift or talent one has.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I've been a big critic of him(can check my previous posts on him) but I don't see why there's been a massive over-reaction. We're third and have had a very tough run up. It's not a surprise that teams like Arsenal, Chelsea, United and Man City have all been in patchy form considering they're the only ones involved in the FA Cup and League. Get a draw in the last match and build on that.

Jonno

Excuses. Excuses. Excuses. Excuses :lol:

You do know Liverpool are probably the fittest team in the league. If we played them we would have been just tired because we would have played 5 at the back letting them have the ball for 70 minutes.
Excuses? We played West Ham who fluked a penalty and sat behind the ball for 90 mins.

We've beaten Chelsea 3 times out of 4 this season, we're above Chelsea in the league, we're better than Chelsea. We have a better attack than Chelsea, we have a better defence than Chelsea, we have a better midfield than Chelsea. I struggle to wonder why you're so jealous of them. They can enjoy their fitness all they like when they finish beneath us in the league and on a head to head basis this season.....

red4ever 79

I've been a big critic of him(can check my previous posts on him) but I don't see why there's been a massive over-reaction. We're third and have had a very tough run up. It's not a surprise that teams like Arsenal, Chelsea, United and Man City have all been in patchy form considering they're the only ones involved in the FA Cup and League. Get a draw in the last match and build on that.
Southampton and West Ham at home

zenith

If we finish (that's a big if), I'd say that a more than reasonable finish and ole has certainly got himself credit for one more season.

His ability to see the obvious is what I like about him most. He got rid of fellaini, lukaku, Sanchez and has played players in the right positions. Recruitment has been bang on and looks to be going in the right direction once again.

I'd say there is no obvious candidate out there right now who can do better than what ole is doing.

Josh 76

Keeping Ole will probably be the right thing to do.
Sacking Ole would be a huge statement.
If we could get a re-charged Poch, the one that blew Klopp out of the water with his high pressing game, back him with 150m.
I would "move" ole upstairs.

Nick7

We've had the easiest of run ins. The only game against a team higher than us in the league since the restart is Leicester.

Nick7

By tough run in I meant playing 4 games in 8 days which is bound to take a toll on any professional team.
Ah yeah that’s fair. We’ve been very tired. But surely some rotation could have lessened that issue.

Flexdegea

Southampton and West Ham at home

Yeah like home advantage is really peak at the moment in an empty stadium.

Go look at every league season near the end, even currently now and think only city got more points over the last 3 games

Flexdegea

If we could get a re-charged Poch, the one that blew Klopp out of the water with his high pressing game, back him with 150m.

This has to be a joke.

Is this Amadeus :lol: :lol: :lol:

rotherham_red

We've had the easiest of run ins. The only game against a team higher than us in the league since the restart is Leicester.
We were 5 points and -12 goal difference behind Leicester just a month ago. We've clawed all of that back and are now occupying third.

We could still miss out, but considering where we were back then, let alone where we were after Burnley at home, clear progress has been made.

The fact of the matter is, irrespective of recent form, two out of the three possible results in regard to Sunday's game will favour us. We are still firmly in the driver's seat.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I'll never get this Poch argument. I like Poch but the stick that we're using to beat Ole with can easily be used to beat Poch with as well.

Then our story would be - "Poch hasn't won anywhere, atleast Ole had won somewhere. Plus Ole learned from the very best and had a good understanding with players like Pogba who he coached when they were young. Poch couldn't win a thing with Kane, Son and Eriksen when City, Chelsea and Utd managers were finding their feet."

Poch's biggest strength is improving his players, but the same can be said of Ole as well! I like Poch, but I don't see why we should change managers now, when we are on the upward trajectory

Bilbo

TeaBaggins

Ive thought about this question and im not sure how to answer it properly. My answer would end up being an essay length response to a yes or no question, and I won't bore you with it.

What I will say is that i don't think Ole ever will be or, most crucially, needs to be a clone of any of those managers. There is more than one way to be a success and Ferguson wasnt really comparable with any of those three either, nor they with him.

The real question you are asking is can Ole win trophies, and I think he probably can and probably will, but we as a fanbase shouldn't be backing or criticising him based on that. Not yet. It should be entirely around the way that he is helping this club recover from a period where we lost our identity.

I won't speak for everybody, but I know how much I had fallen out of love with this club over the last few years. I wasn't enjoying the football, I didn't like the team and I didn't like our managers. I was missing the odd match for the first time ever. I know of many, many United fans that felt the same way.

Now? I love this team. I like watching us play. I like what we are trying to do with this club and this team now. I cant wait for the next match. This in itself wouldn't be enough for me to blindly support the manager, but I actually also genuinely believe that he will make us better and sign really good players, and our youngsters are in safe hands.

He also seems to be the type of guy that will study his own performance, and be self critical, and smart enough to know how to analyse that correctly and make the right changes, so its just guessing to try and predict what his ceiling is as a manager. He might already have reached it, but i personally doubt that. Time will tell.....

rotherham_red

Ive thought about this question and im not sure how to answer it properly. My answer would end up being an essay length response to a yes or no question, and I won't bore you with it.

What I will say is that i don't think Ole ever will be or, most crucially, needs to be a clone of any of those managers. There is more than one way to be a success and Ferguson wasnt really comparable with any of those three either, nor they with him.

The real question you are asking is can Ole win trophies, and I think he probably can and probably will, but we as a fanbase shouldn't be backing or criticising him based on that. Not yet. It should be entirely around the way that he is helping this club recover from a period where we lost our identity.

I won't speak for everybody, but I know how much I had fallen out of love with this club over the last few years. I wasn't enjoying the football, I didn't like the team and I didn't like our managers. I was missing the odd match for the first time ever. I know of many, many United fans that felt the same way.

Now? I love this team. I like watching us play. I like what we are trying to do with this club and this team now. I cant wait for the next match. This in itself wouldn't be enough for me to blindly support the manager, but I actually also genuinely believe that he will make us better and sign really good players, and our youngsters are in safe hands.

He also seems to be the type of guy that will study his own performance, and be self critical, and smart enough to know how to analyse that correctly and make the right changes, so its just guessing to try and predict what his ceiling is as a manager. He might already have reached it, but i personally doubt that. Time will tell.....
Well said

Rafaeldagold

We were 5 points and -12 goal difference behind Leicester just a month ago. We've clawed all of that back and are now occupying third.

We could still miss out, but considering where we were back then, let alone where we were after Burnley at home, clear progress has been made.

The fact of the matter is, irrespective of recent form, two out of the three possible results in regard to Sunday's game will favour us. We are still firmly in the driver's seat.
That ‘progress’ is mainly down to Leicester gift wrapping it for us.

Our points total is low & we’ve looked pretty rubbish last 5-6 games

Rooney24

Who cares about points total? Last year we finished on 66 and missed CL. This year we could finish on 64 and make CL. Its irrelvant.

rotherham_red

Yes, yes everything good is down to random events outside of our control and everything bad is Ole/Pogbas fault.

Do you ever get tired of moaning?
He's awful. I just disregard his every reply to me, cos it's the same old debunked talking points.

Rafaeldagold

Yes, yes everything good is down to random events outside of our control and everything bad is Ole/Pogbas fault.

Do you ever get tired of moaning?
Yes yes when we win it’s down to Ole, when we lose we have shite players & not his fault .

Don’t you get tired talking rubbish?

Matriac

Even with some "rubbish" last games we still have the most points won across all teams since the restart.

Rafaeldagold

Ole isn’t as good as some on here make our.

He had an awful awful start to the season, picked up from Jan with Bruno playing amazing & upping everyone else’s game.

Bruno off the boil= no good performances anymore.

Ole relies way way too much on the individual brilliance of our good players (Rashford, Martial, Bruno, Greenwood lately) Rather than just tactical brilliance & having us dictating games .

Our last few games have been absolute rubbish with no plan from the manager (as he relies on individuals to win us games) & seen us not dictate or dominate games against Southampton & West Ham (& look sloppy & shakwy against Bournemouth) not mentioning the embarrassing Chelsea loss.

So please don’t try to say it’s all rosey, it most certainly isn’t & we should demand a better manager just like we expect our team to improve with better new players, why don’t we want the best manager we can get??

Nick7

We’ve done well since the restart. But we still have to take into account the quality of opposition since then.

Leicester have done terribly and we’ve capitalised. But if we lose on Sunday questions will have to be asked about mentality, rotation, and substitutions a month other things. We would have it wrapped up it we didn’t struggle at home the last two games.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
He's awful. I just disregard his every reply to me, cos it's the same old debunked talking points.
He makes it a point to moan on every thread even the positive threads. One of the worst posters on the Caf. No rational arguments just BS.

romufc

Ole isn’t as good as some on here make our.

He had an awful awful start to the season, picked up from Jan with Bruno playing amazing & upping everyone else’s game.

Bruno off the boil= no good performances anymore.

Ole relies way way too much on the individual brilliance of our good players (Rashford, Martial, Bruno, Greenwood lately) Rather than just tactical brilliance & having us dictating games .

Our last few games have been absolute rubbish with no plan from the manager (as he relies on individuals to win us games) & seen us not dictate or dominate games against Southampton & West Ham (& look sloppy & shakwy against Bournemouth) not mentioning the embarrassing Chelsea loss.

So please don’t try to say it’s all rosey, it most certainly isn’t & we should demand a better manager just like we expect our team to improve with better new players, why don’t we want the best manager we can get??
No one thinks Ole is the best manager.

We had an awful run of injuries too..

Ole relies on individual brilliance, so every goal we have scored has come from individual brilliance? So, the goal against say West Ham, who's individual brilliance was that down to? Pogba, Martial or Greenwood?
Better players means better quality of football btw.

That is the reason you pay top dollar for players, because they are better. Liverpool paid money for VVD and Alisson for their individual brilliance.

No one is saying it is all rosey either, alot will say there is room for improvement. Who is the best manager we can get in your opinion?

Rafaeldagold

He makes it a point to moan on every thread even the positive threads. One of the worst posters on the Caf. No rational arguments just BS.
You don’t want to see the rational arguments. You’re too set in your ways.

It’s ok, you just can’t rationalise the ex legend player to the average manager. Just give it time & you’ll mature enough to see the difference

rotherham_red

We’ve done well since the restart. But we still have to take into account the quality of opposition since then.

Leicester have done terribly and we’ve capitalised. But if we lose on Sunday questions will have to be asked about mentality, rotation, and substitutions a month other things. We would have it wrapped up it we didn’t struggle at home the last two games.
I mean, you might have a point if our record against teams who are objectively better than us wasn't so good.

And on the lack of rotation, a simple question: would you be understanding if Ole rotated players during this run-in and we were 4-6 points worse off? I mean, I sure do remember that thread after the Spurs game where everyone was complaining that Pogba was the bench. I'd imagine there would be a few more of those if we played those guys more often. Especially since a lot of their performances off the bench haven't exactly inspired confidence in them. They were struggling to even keep things ticking over when games were won, ffs. I'm not saying they're bad players btw, I actually rate quite a few of them, but surely you can see that they have returned from lockdown lacking in sharpness and form?

We were flat but West Ham hardly had anything by way of chances, and we gifted them a penalty. Likewise, Southampton looked to have a little more about them than WHU but it wasn't seemingly going anywhere. Again, a sloppy piece of defending by Lindelof let them equalise while we were a man down.

Silly lapses in both games cost us 4 points and confirmation of third ahead of the final day. It's shit, but the good thing is it's still in our hands. A draw confirms 4th, a win gives us 3rd.

Rafaeldagold

No one thinks Ole is the best manager.

We had an awful run of injuries too..

Ole relies on individual brilliance, so every goal we have scored has come from individual brilliance? So, the goal against say West Ham, who's individual brilliance was that down to? Pogba, Martial or Greenwood?
Better players means better quality of football btw.

That is the reason you pay top dollar for players, because they are better. Liverpool paid money for VVD and Alisson for their individual brilliance.

No one is saying it is all rosey either, alot will say there is room for improvement. Who is the best manager we can get in your opinion?
Allegri, Rose, Nagelsmann, Biesla. In the world of football I refuse to believe there aren’t better managers than Ole out there who can do a better job

romufc

Allegri, Rose, Nagelsmann, Biesla. In the world of football I refuse to believe there aren’t better managers than Ole out there who can do a better job
And what have they won at big clubs ?

So you want Allegri, but have complained about negative tactics deployed by Ole in big games

Rose - What has he done?
Nagglesman - What has he achieved?
Biesla - he is not leaving Leeds after getting them promoted for Manutd.

These are just lazy answers.

We had better managers in Jose, LVG, what did we really achieve?

lysglimt

Scout
And what have they won at big clubs ?

So you want Allegri, but have complained about negative tactics deployed by Ole in big games

Rose - What has he done?
Nagglesman - What has he achieved?
Biesla - he is not leaving Leeds after getting them promoted for Manutd.

These are just lazy answers.

We had better managers in Jose, LVG, what did we really achieve?
Agreed

Not to mention that Bielsa is 65 years old and probably will retire after finished with Leeds

Allegri - that is a joke. Granted he did really well with Juventus - but they were so good, that it's hard to judge anyone based on being in charge of Juve. Before Juve, he was mediocre in basically every club he was at. People say Ole was lucky to get the United-job, I would say Allegri was lucky to get the Juve-job

Nagelsmann - he is 33 years old. He has started his career well at Hoffenheim and Leipig - but it's way too early to tell if he is good enough to be a manager at the highest level.

Marco Rose probably is the most exciting of these managers - but its a bit strange that people claim that we should drop our manager to replace him with a manager whose biggest feat is doing well in Austria and ending 4th in the Bundesliga

romufc

Agreed

Not to mention that Bielsa is 65 years old and probably will retire after finished with Leeds

Allegri - that is a joke. Granted he did really well with Juventus - but they were so good, that it's hard to judge anyone based on being in charge of Juve. Before Juve, he was mediocre in basically every club he was at. People say Ole was lucky to get the United-job, I would say Allegri was lucky to get the Juve-job

Nagelsmann - he is 33 years old. He has started his career well at Hoffenheim and Leipig - but it's way too early to tell if he is good enough to be a manager at the highest level.

Marco Rose probably is the most exciting of these managers - but its a bit strange that people claim that we should drop our manager to replace him with a manager whose biggest feat is doing well in Austria and ending 4th in the Bundesliga
You can talk about Ole being a bottler, Allegri got to 2 finals and bottled it. He won the Serie A, well Sarri will win the Serie A this season with more competition than Allegri faced, should we get him? No, he is rubbish.

The rest are not the best managers, they may turn out to be in the future but none of them have any clue of managing a title winning team or even managing a big club like United.

Mainoldo

You don’t want to see the rational arguments. You’re too set in your ways.

It’s ok, you just can’t rationalise the ex legend player to the average manager. Just give it time & you’ll mature enough to see the difference
You’re going to burst a blood vessel. Just leave them to it. They were the same with Jose and Moyes. They don’t learn and they can’t look past Ole the player.

I know it’s hard to let it rest especially when it’s so blatantly obvious what the problem is. But like people have said before only around 5% of a football fan base actually know anything about football.

You’re better off trolling it’s more fun.

CG1010

The biggest issue that Ole out gang can’t explain is why one of their choice of manager is bound to do as well or better than Ole. When some of the top tactical managers of their times, LVG (fresh out of Holland WC spoils) or Mourinho (title win with Chelsea and Real Madrid stint) failed miserably here.

Ole is doing some important things right, like recruitment and improving players. Another guy may have a completely different vision of the team and abandon the current team building halfway. What if some of the players amongst Greenwood/Rashford/Martial/AWB/Pogba/Maguire who have formed the core of our team are not suitable for the tactical play? We will be back to square one. That’s why majority would never support sacking of Ole at this stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.