Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HowYouDoin

The question isnt if, its when. We are playing this game of chicken with Spurs because we dont want to pay Poch's buyout clause. Therefore the only options we have are either keep Ole and accept that we are bleeding or fire him right away and try to prevent the bleeding but thus making our intention to go for Poch more clear.

Member 90887

A lot of mangers go into new clubs and without making a single signing, can change the style of football seemingly overnight. Not every manager needs to buy a whole new team.

You say Peps plan wasn’t working as well, but he had a plan and instantly implemented it and it was working well, just not as well as Pep likes. Despite not having all the players he needed to perfect his plan, he still implemented his style and despite heavy defeats at times, he never strayed from his philosophy. He still improved their league position and goals scored and conceded. That’s progress.

United fans on the whole are patient. Most want at present, to see a style of football being implemented. Many worry Ole can’t do this and in 10 months nothing has improved in terms of the football being played.

Instant success is what football is about these days unfortunately. Football has moved on a lot in 30 years.
Signs of Pep's blueprint was showing even from the first 3 games. Go take a look at the highlights of any one of the first 3-5 games, you'll see they were scoring those far post tap ins where Sterling or any attacker made sure to always give the finisher a passing option. The whole philosophy was still taking root but the principles were apparent from the go. We didn't know how far it would come but we saw distinct signs early on and they are still visible if you pull up their games from the period
Pep followed Pellegrini whose style of play was very close. City was already a dominant team in most games before Pep arrived.

Plus, what you seem to miss from my post is that pep already had the backbone of his starting 11. Aguero, Silva, De bruyne, Sterling and right away, was supported by the owners. He got two keepers and a whole back line as well as its cover in 1 year

Instead, Ole came and had a completely different style of play to that of Jose and LVG before him and bar Pogba and De gea, had no one that should wear the United shirt in terms of capabilities.

Managers without their players can only do so much.

Bondi77

All we have to do is wait for Spurs to sack Poch as the media are now going to sink their teeth into him and then we move Ole into the Director of football role and employ Poch as our new manager.
No need to buy out his contract as he will be a free agent and the club can save face by saying they are promoting Ole so keeping the fans onboard,,,,,Genius!

Member 90887

It's Ole who sold, Fellaini, Herrera, Lukaku, and sent on loan Sanchez and Smalling without replacing anyone. That's 5 players. Players get injured and that's why a big squad is needed. This is not Molde. This is Manchester United for ffs.
The whole caf wanted Fellaini gone as soon as he was signed by Moyes.

Herrera wasn't sold. He didn't sign a contract and it's completely on the board.

Lukaku was a great opportunity to sell, he wasn't playing last year. Most of the caf wanted him gone and at the price we got offered, it was the right decision to sell.

We aren't missing smalling at all.

I'll give you Sanchez. I thought that it was not a good decision selling him. Even though he was absolutely useless for us.

The problem isn't selling, the problem is not buying. The board did it with Jose the summer before, he wasn't backed properly. They are dithering with Ole when they should have done what Liverpool did last year, or City the years before.

Let's focus on the manager when our focus should mainly be on the real problem, the lack of investment and backing from the board.

MrSingh2002

Ole makes decisions like he has no foresight at all. He didn't appreciate Herrera, Fellaini or Lukaku for what they were. If he makes the call to get rid he had to replace but the fool thought he could do without 3 decent players.

As much as those 3 players have their detractors, you have to remember they all saved us in many games that we were playing shite.

Ole's gone from a jet ski to a cruise liner and he is completely out of his depth. I wouldn't give him years to learn on the job but I wouldn't completely discard him either as the shit players keep getting a new lease of life under new managers.

Ole has overseen the purchase of 3 good signings so why not move him into someone that works in the recruitment team. Which pushes Ed to where he should be which is purely on the commercial side.

I want Ole sacked as manager immediately but not discarded to the scrapheap as he will have learnt alot about the current squad and we shouldn't waste that either.

MrSingh2002

All we have to do is wait for Spurs to sack Poch as the media are now going to sink their teeth into him and then we move Ole into the Director of football role and employ Poch as our new manager.
No need to buy out his contract as he will be a free agent and the club can save face by saying they are promoting Ole so keeping the fans onboard,,,,,Genius!
100% the correct answer. Where are where we are but the answer is Poch with Ole supporting him upstairs from the cluelessness of Ed. Its a win win win situation at a dire time for the club.

Waynne

What has Ole done to justify keeping him on as manager at this club and what does he possess to take the club back to the elite in Europe. Anyone able to answer that?

Nikelesh Reddy

let’s just hope there is a great turn around but this time fans don’t carried away with #MakeMikePermanentManager
Nah,Woodwards going to give it to Kieran McKenna this time....Can always trust good old Ed to do something like that....

padzilla

Hipster
For all the talk of giving him time, what has he done to justify it? I wouldn't be concerned of our league position if there was any suggestion of a plan but our performances and tactics are shambolic game-in, game-out, there is no indication of what style he wants the team playing because I doubt he knows himself.

RUCK4444

Genuinely interested in knowing what you see in the type of football United plays. If you think that's football, god help you.

A manager should be given time if he shows any signs of improvement. The team is regressing. Only thing consistent is cluelessness on the pitch. And don't give me that poor players crap.

Honestly if people think that with better players football will improve, then it shows that Ole is someone who depends upon individual brilliance rather than setting up a system and establish an identity.
The point is whilst we are a shambles now sacking and hiring in quick succession has done nothing but bad for this club and I feel one of the biggest reasons we are in the total mess we are in now (if not the biggest reason.)

The money wasted has been obscene, every new manager wants to buy their own squad and our player acquisitions have been nothing short of disgraceful.

Ole has gotten rid of dead wood, purchased players that have been good acquisitions and is trying to bring our youth players through.

If we had gotten two more players in the summer we would look a whole lot better than this and I believe Ole could have gotten us back to something similar to that initial run of form he had as caretaker.

Those players didn’t coach themselves in that run of form and didn’t change the whole dynamic themselves. They were instructed to do so. It wasn’t just luck, there are no easy games in the premier league.

I believe this squad is terribly weak mentally, not a single character or leader amongst them and therefore ultimately almost any manager will struggle to achieve anything with this group until that is changed.
That takes more than one window, anybody who says otherwise has lost the plot.

Ole’s made errors and things don’t look good right now, (yes the positive posters can see that as well), but recruitment and the right footballing ethos going forward is the only way out of this mess.

Ole has made good signings and knows what United fans will and won’t accept... whether he is given sufficient time to prove himself by implementing change and strengthen the character and quality of the team we shall see. I doubt very much our pedantic fanbase will allow that.

We will probably hire some big ego washed up has-been of a manager, let them spend another 200million on shite whilst stalling the development of our youth all the while playing just as crap as we are now (with none of the potential upside.)

Break the cycle. #VoteForChange

fergiesarmy1

For all the talk of giving him time, what has he done to justify it? I wouldn't be concerned of our league position if there was any suggestion of a plan but our performances and tactics are shambolic game-in, game-out, there is no indication of what style he wants the team playing because I doubt he knows himself.
We have only lost twice in ten games this season, that’s hardly shambolic.

Shambolic is losing 2-7 at home.

manunited1919

A couple more games of playing “Rashy” as a striker and I might change my vote.

Put Lingard back into the team as soon as he is fit and I will change my vote.

Tony Banta

Last Man Standing champion 2023/24
Pep followed Pellegrini whose style of play was very close. City was already a dominant team in most games before Pep arrived.

Plus, what you seem to miss from my post is that pep already had the backbone of his starting 11. Aguero, Silva, De bruyne, Sterling and right away, was supported by the owners. He got two keepers and a whole back line as well as its cover in 1 year

Instead, Ole came and had a completely different style of play to that of Jose and LVG before him and bar Pogba and De gea, had no one that should wear the United shirt in terms of capabilities.

Managers without their players can only do so much.
Peps Man City are completely different to the way Pellegrini had them set up.

Ole took over a squad that had finished 2nd the previous year. His and Mourinho's style aren’t any different at the moment. You could argue it’s worse.

Foxbatt

Blind faith?
Jose has already sold him.
Yes we all know it's a mess. What makes me upset is that Ole doesn't seem to understand that the players he has are not capable of playing that high pressing game. Furthermore he is not able to coach them what to do when we have the ball.
I remember Roy Keane saying he was told the first day he arrived, he should get the ball, then pass it first time and move. I think it was Rio who said the first day he came he played a safe square pass and Keane had a go at him for not playing it forward.

Ole can't get them to play that way. Then he also can't even get them to take one corner right. Can someone come up with the stats of if we had scored from a corner since Ole took over last season? I don't think we have scored this season so far. I don't think we even got the keeper to make a save from a corner.
That's very very poor coaching.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
The whole caf wanted Fellaini gone as soon as he was signed by Moyes.

Herrera wasn't sold. He didn't sign a contract and it's completely on the board.

Lukaku was a great opportunity to sell, he wasn't playing last year. Most of the caf wanted him gone and at the price we got offered, it was the right decision to sell.

We aren't missing smalling at all.

I'll give you Sanchez. I thought that it was not a good decision selling him. Even though he was absolutely useless for us.

The problem isn't selling, the problem is not buying. The board did it with Jose the summer before, he wasn't backed properly. They are dithering with Ole when they should have done what Liverpool did last year, or City the years before.

Let's focus on the manager when our focus should mainly be on the real problem, the lack of investment and backing from the board.
excellent post

Darkhorsez

When there was all the excitement around Ole taking over and the ensuing run of great results initially, I was never sold on him for some of the reasons now being brought up. However, I have voted keep as we’ve had so much chopping and change that we need to give this more time and get some stability especially for our younger players. There are other more pressing issues for our club than the manager. It’s really frustrating and I don’t really know when we will come out of this phase and what sequence of events will lead us there.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
Because of huge the 'business of Manchester United' is now, the only way out is for the club to be sold to some sugar daddy like the Saudis, who will be wanting it as a Brand rather than hollowing out the club these bastards are doing.
They will hire some top manager and buy galacticos and all the fans will be happy.

Personally the club I grew up supporting as a boy is gone. Supporters my age have seen the best of the club. No pun intended.

But this is what football is about now.
Money.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
I think people saying we can't keep sacking managers so Ole should be given more time is a complete cop out if no obvious change is evident on how we play. It's just denying the inevitable.

There's always logical ressons as to why we've had 3 almost 4 managers who haven't managed to get this team playing with any sort of cohesion.

On any problems that keep recurring you have to look at a common denominator. Most people would say Ed Woodward or the players are just not good enough but does it go further?

My own 2 cents is because I think the game has changed so much tactically the last 10 years and we haven't had a manager able to adjust to the modern game which is why even when we play against lesser teams we struggle because they have adapted.

Moyes was never United material in the first place. LVG was a pioneer when he first started out but he never changed his style. Mou was so stuck on his system he just stagnated and Ole just like Moyes was never United material. So maybe another common demoninator would be we've never had a manager capable of understanding and adapting to the modern game.

Even with Ed still at the helm I'd feel confident on improving everything about our club if we could sign a more progressive manager who understands the modern game. Without taking away anything from the great man but I think even SAF would be struggling in the modern game. Same as if we brought in Wenger. It's time for a new approach with new ideas and that would be looking at the usual suspects. Poch(yes him), Eddie Howe, Nagelsmann or my personal favorite Blanc. Any of these managers would get a better tune out of our players which is why I think it's a waste of time sticking with Ole.

renatosanches85

People will keep saying he hasn’t the experience of a DoF but personally feel he would be great in the position at United. You can see he knows the need for a culture change and has an eye for young hungry players. Get Poch in as manager.

SAFMUTD

I wonder how much the poll results will change after today’s result. My guess is it will move to 52-48 sack.

SAFMUTD

So you’ve already written us off against newcastle?
Its not just about the result, it's about performance and I very much doubt we’ll be seeing something different from what we’ve seen the last 6 months.

BlahRules

Jose has already sold him.
Yes we all know it's a mess. What makes me upset is that Ole doesn't seem to understand that the players he has are not capable of playing that high pressing game. Furthermore he is not able to coach them what to do when we have the ball.
I remember Roy Keane saying he was told the first day he arrived, he should get the ball, then pass it first time and move. I think it was Rio who said the first day he came he played a safe square pass and Keane had a go at him for not playing it forward.

Ole can't get them to play that way. Then he also can't even get them to take one corner right. Can someone come up with the stats of if we had scored from a corner since Ole took over last season? I don't think we have scored this season so far. I don't think we even got the keeper to make a save from a corner.
That's very very poor coaching.
We don’t even high press and never have during this season. I understand if we had and we suffered injuries but we have not and instead playing the park the bus tactics.

fergiesarmy1

Its not just about the result, it's about performance and I very much doubt we’ll be seeing something different from what we’ve seen the last 6 months.
With the players we have available I doubt any manager would be getting a Harlem globetrotters performance out of them today. I’ll be happy with 0-1 own goal :lol:

Dr. StrangeHate

With the players we have available I doubt any manager would be getting a Harlem globetrotters performance out of them today. I’ll be happy with 0-1 own goal :lol:
Even more of a reason to sack the manager. Better to save the money to get in more players.

Greck

Against Newcastle? I think not. Make it sound like we can't expect good performances against objectively crappier teams just because we don't have world class players. I don't think Ole is right but am at least rooting for him to show some pedigree in these matches. Many of you who back him don't even believe in his ability to get a good performance no matter who we play which is odd. If he's so bad that you have to set the bar that low why do you even back him?

fergiesarmy1

Against Newcastle? I think not. Make it sound like we can't expect good performances against objectively crappier teams just because we don't have world class players. I don't think Ole is right bur am at least rooting for him to show some pedigree in these matches
Have you seen the lineup?

dove

Yeah cause Newcastle are amazing, aren't they. You should have noticed by now that doesn't matter who we play against, we play the same shite hopeless football.

BlueHaze

I don't like the idea of being able to change the vote. People will just change it depending on results. Make your vote and stand by it for the rest of the year.

ManchesterYoda

We will finish in the bottom half and Liverpool will win the league. What makes this nightmare even worse is that Solskjaer will not be sacked and next season we will be in a relegation battle as Liverpool are defending their title. If we give Solskjaer time, we WILL be relegated.

Status
Not open for further replies.