Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
To do what? Just get a proper manager. Why the hell ad we giving him stabilisers to help do his job. Get someone who can do it.
Most of those people we'll need anyway. We need a DOF and a head of recruitment. We'll probably need proper coaches as well irrespective of whose manager as well. I am not particularly impressed with Carrick and fake Philip Neville. Take Phelan out of the picture and we've probably have the least experienced coaching/manager team in the EPL.

Mainoldo

Hard to feel positive 5-1 to spurs :lol:
I’ve been Ole in all the way, I still wouldn’t mind him staying but it’s not the end of the world if he’s sacked 7pm tonight. I just think the next manager will have the exact same problems. Something needs to change and it’s not consistently the manager every two years
I know. I’m trying my hardest to be cool.. this is painful. I agree we need people with sense leading this club forward. It’s a joke.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
A certain poster in here who has issues with anyone who dares to question Ole - despite never offering any substantiated posts on why he's good enough other than condescending muck - said the other day, get this, that we're "all having a ball with Ole at the wheel".
I can only assume that was Sammsky?

soapythecat

Get him out of the club now. Look at our fixtures coming up...Ole will need to be put in suicide watch if he stays in the job.
Absolutely a fish out of water since the re-start and when his luck dried up his team are exposed. Awful, awful management of a team

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
No no, apparently the performance of a defence built by the manager at a cost of £130m and then coached by that manager has nothing to do with that manager.
Well, it's either a coaching system or an unsuitable system or possibly a combination of the two.

Maguire has literally gone backwards since he joined the club.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
And in the face of a massive refereeing injustice he's not even getting worked up. If he'd been creating hell then surely Taylor would've been wondering what the hell he'd missed.
Yeah, that's something that's bothered me throughout his time here. Starting with James getting the hatched job every game and Ole just came out afterwards and said "it's a man's game". Outside of his legend status here as a player, he has hardly any redeeming qualities unfortunately.

But Ed needs to step away from the footballing side of things pronto. Of course he won't leave as he masterminded this diabolical money milking scheme in the first place.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
I'm looking at this list of the best CBs in the world and I've come to the realisation that signing some of them wouldn't help. A lack of tactical coaching is what we need and Ole hasn't shown enough in that department. Only thing keeping him in the job going forward will be the form of our attackers.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I refuse to be mad at our players. Nobody can convince me that Liverpool’s players are individually so superior over ours. It is a capability of a head coach to build a TEAM and Ole just do not have that, you love him or hate him.
I agree with that. Liverpool won PL and CL with Henderson and Milner in midfield and Lovren in defence.how many of us would be happy with them in squad

0le

It feels like the beginning of the end to be honest.

Idxomer

Us choosing Ole as manager was stupid. We barely supported top managers like Mou let alone an inexperienced manager like Ole who needs far more TLC. Honestly I supported us giving him a shot because I believed that we would surround him with experience including a DOF, a head of recruitment, experienced coaches etc.

There's alot of things that Ole did that doesn't make sense. We spent 80m on a CB with zero pace despite knowing that most of our CBs lack pace. He then bought AWB who is shit going forward when Shaw is pretty much in the same mould. James was a big waste of money as well + having a CM midfield made up of a talented but defensive inept Pogba and a slow and static Matic is asking for trouble.

Sacking the manager won't sort our problems. However sticking to Ole without probably support him is a waste of time as well. If I was Woodward I'd phone Rangnick and Mitchell tomorrow morning, possibly alongside Rene Meulensteen and get them to OT by tomorrow morning.
That's another problem, the idea that someone who managed two very small clubs in his career before United could come and be what SAF was in his last days from day one. It's impossible and that the board had chosen him to be that man was setting him and the team to fail from day one.

Wilt

Don't even have to compare with Liverpool. Fecking Brighton looked like a better team than us last week.
Brighton weren’t just better ...they should have battered us

Robbie Boy

At least West Brom, Sheffield United, Burnley and Fulham have had a worse start than us. Ole saved us from relegation last season and there's fight left in the old dog yet.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
So you would say no to Klopp? Having a better manager makes no difference?
I didn’t say that, I said we’d have the same problems two years down the line with the manager being hampered no matter who we get

SAFMUTD

an inexperienced manager like Ole who needs far more TLC.
Why does this gets repeated so much around here? He's not inexperienced, he's been managing for 10 years now. He's not like Arteta or Lampard that just started. Just because he's bang average at best doesn't mean he's inexperienced.

bondsname

We can all discuss if Ole is capable or not ( I think he is not ), but he has to play to his team strength. I get that Ole wants us to attack and be on the front foot, but we do not have the squad for it, especially with such a weak defense.

Playing defense is the way to go for this team, and focus on counter attacks. Ole has to realise that and adapt, and gradually get the players that fit his vision.

Mystry

Friendship is magic
Figured he'd get sacked sometime this season but it might come pretty soon at this rate. It's not like things were great at the end of last season either. Still think Woodward is the biggest issue with the club and even a good coach won't have us competing while he's here but just how unprepared we look is on him. And we struggle with the same things over and over, things that should get better with coaching. All he seems to be able to do is pick a semi balanced team, motivate them as best he can and hope their individual talents shine through and they perform, because despite how they are currently playing some of those players are really talented.

izec

Him and the coaching staff are just bad. Years and this is what they offer? I would sack them all tonight

KjaAnd

He’s a genuinely bad coach. He doesn’t know how to coach defending, team pressing or attacking patterns (other than counter attacking). Oh, and most of the players he bought for huge sums are rubbish.

He should be sacked and we should go after Poch of Nagelsman instead. The latter might be difficult now the season has started, but the former is attainable. Knowing how this club is run, that won’t happen though.

DM07

Don't know which thread to post this on...

If you are Cavani/Telles/Sancho would today's performance and the doubts that would cast on Ole's future make you backtrack on your decision to actually sign for the club?

Also if you were Woodward and think you have had enough of Ole, do you really make the final step and confirm the signing of Cavani/Telles when you might be on the verge of sacking the manager?

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
Woodward first please. Or we will have yet another thread like this for the next manager.

Bojan11

Spurs have played 4 games in 7 days. How do we look more tired than them?

r0663664

Worships Man City
Everything is about coaching. Ole cannot expect the board to buy shining new toys every year. He knows Matic is slow and he knows Pogba doesn't defend. He knows Bailly is just a time bomb waiting to explode. He knows Lindeloft is physically weak. He knows his players doesn't press to win back possession. He knows we can be devastating on th break. He knows De Gea's best days are behind him. He knows AWB can't attack. He knows Martial can be moody and inconsistent. He knows Rushford form has been bad. Seriously?!!! Why is he still our manager?

Skåre Willoch

Horrible game by Ole, the coaching staff, and the players. Maguire?! His worst game for us, by quite some distance.

Idxomer

Why does this gets repeated so much around here? He's not inexperienced, he's been managing for 10 years now. He's not like Arteta or Lampard that just started. Just because he's bang average at best doesn't mean he's inexperienced.
He's not inexperienced, he just doesn't have the ability to manage a club this size. This job is too big for the likes of Moyes and Ole.

scudetto_boy

Supports
St Mirren
Hey, Spurs aren't the best team in the league but we are making them look as if they are-unacceptable!!

Gawge

It has been clear for a long time that he is not a manager that is going to win the Premier League.

Give him Sancho, give him Mbappe, whatever - he's a nice guy, he will keep pulling the occasional result (or even run of results) out of the bag - but he's never going to mount a serious title challenge. He is tactically inferior in basically every game he plays, despite having a very good set of players at his disposal.

Man Utd should be aiming to win the league, so you need to go after a manager who has the capability of doing that. Nothing in Ole's past or present demonstrates an ability to really add value as a manager.

Reactions: Sultan

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
There's a teeny weeny difference between managing Molde and managing Manchester United.

Status
Not open for further replies.