Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Even if we win this, we wont beat Everton with the way we play.

Sad but its only a matter of time.

PoTMS

Which scenario would people prefer?

Scenario A

We sack Ole and hire Poch. He ends up being underwhelming. We then hire someone else.

Scenario B

We keep Ole. He carries on with his inconsistent performances and we flip flop from beating Man City and then losing to Crewe.

I think most people would actually prefer the latter rather than rolling the dice on a very good football manager instead of persisting with a below average one.

I mean what is the worst that can happen with Poch? Worst case, we hire another manager. Football has changed a lot since the Fergie days. Chelsea and Madrid have been very successful chopping and changing their manager when things aren't right.

MonkeysMagic

I find astonishing, staggering that anyone watching us play week in week out believes that the team is getting the level of coaching it should for the quality of players we have.

I just buy the argument of 'waiting till end of season'...to show us what we know now? At least a new manager has the rest of season to get his ideas across so that we are ready to go next season.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
We have no press. We don't press in packs and we don't press like teams press us i.e making us play the ball into AWB. I'm convinced Ole just does it cause it's the way teams play now. He just doesn't have a clue how to effectively do it.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
That's the crux of it.

After 2 years and with this squad, we really should be seeing a defined way of playing and we don't. Feels like every game is a toss up with what we'll get, consistently inconsistent.
Once again we're going with a new system, with new players and once again we're getting another inconsistent performance.

Hopefully we'll sort our heads out in the second half, starting with Ole actually making a half time decision, but the first half performance just typifies us, I can't ever imagine us becoming a consistent side with no real defined style of play.
The squad is like this because of Ole, or Ed.

also What do you mean by the boldes? He has to rotate

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
Which scenario would people prefer?

Scenario A

We sack Ole and hire Poch. He ends up being underwhelming. We then hire someone else.

Scenario B

We keep Ole. He carries on with his inconsistent performances and we flip flop from beating Man City and then losing to Crewe.

I think most people would actually prefer the latter rather than rolling the dice on a very good football manager instead of persisting with a below average one.

I mean what is the worst that can happen with Poch? Worst case, we hire another manager. Football has changed a lot since the Fergie days. Chelsea and Madrid have been very successful chopping and changing their manager when things aren't right.
Scenario get rid of Ole he isnt good enough, never was.

GailSpaceWynand

Yes, I signed up with this name.
A swing and a miss.

You’re arguing that people maintaining the same point of view consistently over time are being kneejerk. That’s literally the opposite of what it means.
People maintaining the same point of view DESPITE evidence to the contrary are the ones posting nonsense. This and the knee jerk reactions to the defeats (from same people who supported him a week back) making it intolerable. I believe it was not clear going back since I mixed up both in the original post.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
People maintaining the same point of view DESPITE evidence to the contrary are the ones posting nonsense. This and the knee jerk reactions to the defeats (from same people who supported him a week back) making it intolerable. I believe it was not clear going back since I mixed up both in the original post.
Show us a few examples of people flip flopping from supporting him one week and wanting him out the next.

We’ll wait.

GailSpaceWynand

Show us a few examples of people flip flopping from supporting him one week and wanting him out the next.

We’ll wait.
Go through the posts after the arsenal defeat and the Leipzig win. You'll find many.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Let's be honest even a P. E teacher would be embarrassed to concede that 1st goal yet the Manchester United manager seats comfortably on his chair watching the whole thing unfold.
Unforgivable really.
At 0-0 there is no need to go galavanting up for corners. Even worse that they let it happen from the side line.

shahzy

Wonder what that Sammsky fella has to say. Maybe some people know better after all :lol:

This is the kind of thing I've referred it in quite of a few posts. He has 1 tactic. Counter attack. If you back off utd, you will always do well against us. Scoring a goal, and getting out of jail won't change that

Water Melon

Watching this shite is really painful. Thank you Ole for the fecking United way.

Oo0AahCantona

I've begrudgingly changed my vote, Tear it all down and start again, this teams going nowhere.
If this was a basketball team, you would sell all your assets for picks and tank for a full rebuild.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Sorry, are you saying fans are wrong to change their minds on Ole?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I've begrudgingly changed my vote, Tear it all down and start again, this teams going nowhere.
If this was a basketball team, you would sell all your assets for picks and tank for a full rebuild.
Thats the thing, we don't need to tear it down. Our team is okay. Oles football isn't inherently awful and should be gutted. We just need to build on what we have. Ole doesn't have the consistency to take us to the next level.

shahzy

Quick lads, pogba's coming on. Let's get some quips ready blaming him for the result

Bollocks, team is fine, it's a very talented squad.

Problem is consistency of performance, and when you don't have a defined style and change tactics and formation on an almost weekly basis, it's hardly surprising.

GailSpaceWynand

Or a lot mature ones who couldn’t understand the ineptness of Ole.
When? This season? Or last seasons end when we finished 3rd? Or unbeaten run since lockdown? I understand if you were Ole out throughout all this.. I mean it's crazy but I would understand.

dove

Would rather see Trump managing us than Ole. Utter waste of time.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The opposite. People sticking to their opinions despite evidence make this forum shite (both sides)
The flip/flopping is merely a reflection of the frankly appalling inconsistency shown by the team.

You cannot expect people to remain stoic in their support of Ole when evidence would suggest he is not up to the task.

Genuine question: how many more ups and downs are we expected to endure before we say enoughs enough and sack him?

Status
Not open for further replies.