Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OrcaFat

It is a worse squad. Sorry it is. Maybe our defence is better but our midfield and attack is far worse. Herrera, Sanchez, Lukaku, Fellaini may not have been performing a the level we wanted but they needed to be replaced. Our current form and lack of goals is a direct result of the decision to let these 4 players leave without buying replacements.
Yes it is a worse squad and if we had 4 new better players than the 4 you mentioned it would make a big difference especially with injuries. I’m sure Ole would agree.

Over the next couple of windows we’ll get those 4 new players and if they’re of the quality of Ole’s first three signings we’ll be back in business.

I don’t think he will be sacked because it makes no sense at all. Thankfully, for all their faults, the board have more patience than the average poster on here.

Crustanoid

We can’t sack the board

The only possibility is sacking Ole which had absolutely zero chance of improving our long term outlook.

It’s like being stranded on an island with only arsenic and polonium to choose between as food to keep going on until you get rescued in 30 years

Infra-red

Keep. I genuinely don't think there's much upside to sacking him in October.

He's not a very good manager, but our chances of actually appointing a very good manager, mid-season with the mess the squad is in and the terrible reputation Woodward has garnered for himself, is extremely slim.

The season is a write off (again). May as well let Ole go down with the ship and look to change things (again) sometime next year.

MisterLupus

Keep. He's done a lot of things right nobody can deny him that and even though we're struggling to make it happen at least we're trying to play attractive football again and despite some players lacking the quality at least our squad looks invested in what's going on around them playing with passion. It's a young squad too - youngest in the league - so there's loads of unfulfilled potential and we're also thinned out lacking at least one quality midfielder and a striker. This season was always going to be an uphill battle - a pain - but that's necessary when rebuilding I have no clue why people are expecting us to play as if it was 2009. Firing him now is just moronic as far as I'm concerned - it's way premature to call it at this point. We won't know until Christmas 2020 whether or not this project is worthwhile. This year - top six with a serious bid for top-four is what one should expect - anything else would be miraculous - next season though we should be solidified top-four again. If we can't manage this then I'll probably change the vote.

dove

I agree, he is failing. But our squad is paper thin and has some very average players in that are regularly getting outperformed.
Oh I know we don’t have the best squad, far from it. But when you struggle against any team from any league (Rochdale, Astana, all PL teams etc), serious questions must be asked to the manager as he is clearly underperforming with this squad.

Eddy_JukeZ

He's had plenty of time.

Our play isn't going to magically get better from more time given to Ole. He's been here since December.

We look clueless. We can't score and we make keeping the ball or stringing passes about look impossible with our set up. To top it of, our form is akin to that of a relegation side. I don't even think Moyes had a run as bad as this. If his name wasn't OGS, I think he'd facing far more outrage than he is.

Then there's the people who want to 'promote' him for his buys in the transfer window if he did lose the job. I mean some of you are just crazy.

Sack him now while the season can still be salvaged. Top 4 is still attainable.

It would have been cool if it worked out, but it hasn't and it won't. Romanticism gets you nowhere.

Mindhunter

Meaningless poll. Sack option should have alternatives around whom to hire instead. Else we are just going around in circles.

Eddy_JukeZ

Keep. He's done a lot of things right nobody can deny him that and even though we're struggling to make it happen at least we're trying to play attractive football again and despite some players lacking the quality at least our squad looks invested in what's going on around them playing with passion. It's a young squad too - youngest in the league - so there's loads of unfulfilled potential and we're also thinned out lacking at least one quality midfielder and a striker. This season was always going to be an uphill battle - a pain - but that's necessary when rebuilding I have no clue why people are expecting us to play as if it was 2009. Firing him now is just moronic as far as I'm concerned - it's way premature to call it at this point. We won't know until Christmas 2020 whether or not this project is worthwhile. This year - top six with a serious bid for top-four is what one should expect - anything else would be miraculous - next season though we should be solidified top-four again. If we can't manage this then I'll probably change the vote.
We really aren't trying to play attractive football though.

And our expectations have gone from top 4 to a top 4 challenge.

Deary me.

Rafaeldagold

We need to set some standards again at this club. Players can change in the future but the poor manager can go now.

I’m sure there’s a better manager out there who can do more with this squad.

What other teams in the prem /Championship would take Ole? Not many.

Hashantha

Ole was a huge risk; that is proving to be costly. First we missed on Pep; then on Klopp and if there is the slightest chance of Potch; then sack him yesterday.

His decisions are not good. Why lukaku was unhappy was because he promoted Rash as a striker when he clearly plays better on the wings.

Lukaku is a bully; and we need one of them to win us matches against weaker teams away. If we stick with Ole; we might be for the first time in the bottom half after Christmas.

Eric7C

Voted for sack. Changed my mind from keep for now. You see what Rodgers is doing at Leicester, he's been there for a hot minute and he has them playing good football. This is on Ole and the coaches, they're absolutely out of their depth.

the chameleon

Who do we replace him with? If you have an answer to someone that legitimately replace him and improve us then I might say yes. But until then, unfortunately we have to keep him.

This isn’t ole’s fault. Ed Woodward should know how to differentiate between a caretaker and a proper manager. It all keeps pointing to that chubby faced banker. Again and again.

Bojan11

Poll is close. But have a feeling if we don’t get three points against Newcastle there will be a lot of shifting just like Jose last year.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
I don't understand those who think that there aren't anyone available whose better then Ole. We're talking about a guy whose been out of depth in every job he got as a permanent manager in the EPL. There's a whole list of free agent managers who are way better then him. Allegri, Blanc even Spalletti, Ranieri, Big Sam and Wenger are better managers then this guy, all apart from Allegri would probably jump for a chance of managing United even for short term.

Also why would someone like Howe turn the chance of managing United now?

A- He can't be possibly blamed for the mess the Molde guy created this season when he dismantled the side because of some lunatic philosophy of his. If Howe joins us then he'll only have to stir the ship just enough to avoid us look silly. Meanwhile he'll have this entire season to analyse the squad, make plans and prepare for next season.
B- This is an opportunity of a lifetime. Its available right now but might not be available in 6 months time when the big names might get interested in the job. Does he really want to turn this down and risk staying at Bournemouth forever? It took Moyes 10 years to get his shot while the likes of Big Sam and Harry Rednapp were never given a chance to manage the best clubs.

Sure we won't be able to tempt the likes of Pochs, Pep and Conte to come. However that would probably not change in few months time.

settembrini

I understand the current frustrations and Solskjaer has made some clear mistakes but I am completely backing him at the moment. I feel like we are playing better than our results suggest and things will pick up soon.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
I understand the current frustrations and Solskjaer has made some clear mistakes but I am completely backing him at the moment. I feel like we are playing better than our results suggest and things will pick up soon.
We have the third lowest chances created in the league, and have scored 15 goals in 17 games. How are we playing better than the results suggest?

This is a genuine question, by the way, because I've watched every game so far and in my eyes, this is the worst set of performances from any manager since Fergie retired.

tony54

I think that if Oly walks or is pushed then at least Woodward should be released from his contract. After six years of football squalidness you would think Woodward would do the right thing., oh but wait a minute, mu are making big profits!
Therein lies one of the big conundrums.

the chameleon

Also. Can we also sack some of these players? Some of them are both rubbish and part of multiple failed regimes.

Ole’s biggest mistake was staying loyal and to some of them and giving them bumper deals.

Eddy_JukeZ

But how?

When you watch us play, what have we improved in since Ole took over?

We just run a bit more. Our pressing is even slowly getting worse and worse after some promising signs.

Our xG in open play is bottom 3 or 4. Our chances created is also bottom 3 or 4.

We literally look clueless bringing ball into the midfield from defense, linking midfield and attack, and then coordinated patterns of play in the final 3rd.

MisterLupus

We really aren't trying to play attractive football though.

And our expectations have gone from top 4 to a top 4 challenge.

Deary me.
Yeah we are we're pressing high and doing everything we can to break down our opposition the problem is we're just not good enough. Our forwards are incapable of converting even on an open net or from the spot - and we have to rely on absolute mediocrities like Lingard or Pereira as our main playmakers. And no my expectations hasn't dropped - when Ole came in we were miles away from top four - in fact we haven't looked that bad since 1988 or thereabouts we were an absolute mess stuck in hopelessness - and that was before we lost Fellaini, Herrera and Lukaku (say what you may about the latter but he was one of our main contributors last season). So in fact I was surprised we were even in contention for top four at the end of last season - it was pure luck keeping us from mid-table - and seeing as how we didn't reinforce our midfield and attack bar last year's departures I always knew this season would be more of a platform for future success than a successful one. At least we straightened out our defense.

Those who expected more from this season - well sorry but their expectations were unrealistic they need to get their heads grounded.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Seriously - what is the point of this Poll? There isn't enough negativity around as it is, or platforms for people to vent?

Rafaeldagold

Seriously - what is the point of this Poll? There isn't enough negativity around as it is, or platforms for people to vent?
To see who wants him gone?

It’s negative around here as we have a clueless manager who’s way way out of his depth

Eddy_JukeZ

Yeah we are we're pressing high and doing everything we can to break down our opposition the problem is we're just not good enough. Our forwards are incapable of converting even on an open net or from the spot - and we have to rely on absolute mediocrities like Lingard or Pereira as our main playmakers. And no my expectations hasn't dropped - when Ole came in we were miles away from top four - in fact we haven't looked that bad since 1988 or thereabouts we were an absolute mess stuck in hopelessness - and that was before we lost Fellaini, Herrera and Lukaku (say what you may about the latter but he was one of our main contributors last season). So in fact I was surprised we were even in contention for top four at the end of last season - it was pure luck keeping us from mid-table - and seeing as how we didn't reinforce our midfield and attack bar last year's departures I always knew this season would be more of a platform for future success than a successful one. At least we straightened out our defense - but we have no attack.

Those who expected more from this season - well sorry but their expectations were unrealistic they need to get their heads grounded.
Our chances created is bottom 3 or 4 in the Premier League.

Our pressing has slowly gotten worse and worse.

It was Ole's decision to go into the season with the current squad.

I'm not seeing this attractive football you claim we're trying to play.

Foxbatt

Can someone tell me why they think he is good enough for a top club?

DoomSlayer

What about the position of Woodward and the other people involved in the club operations? When do we look at all those people behind the scenes and make them responsible for our fall in the last 6 years, as they take care of the development of Manchester United?

Hawks2008

The sooner he is gone the better, before he does moyes-esque damage to the club.

dove

Can someone tell me why they think he is good enough for a top club?
The most convincing one that I constantly hear from Ole fans is that he smiles and knows United DNA, apparently it’s enough to manage club like ours.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
Unfortunately I think we should sack him. He's out of his depth and it's only going to get worse. I fear we'll be bottom half and closer to relegation than top four by the new year if we keep Ole on.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
What about the position of Woodward and the other people involved in the club operations? When do we look at all those people behind the scenes and make them responsible for our fall in the last 6 years, as they take care of the development of Manchester United?
That's not related to Ole. Woodward should go too obviously.

MisterLupus

It's because we're only trying to play it - we're not there yet - we lack the quality. But you can tell it's what they're attempting and if you're not seeing that then quite frankly I can't help you. And yeah they messed up the transfer window no questions asked there most of knew it wouldn't be sufficient to reinforce only our defense. But as far as I'm concerned - even though it's a major slip-up - that's the only one Ole's guilty of so far. I could make a check list but I don't have time right now - I'll get back to you later ;)

GBBQ

This is the problem, we're backing a rank outsider with no relevant experience to get us back to the top and we won't know for a year if he's actually got it right. It takes a lot of faith and patience to see that through and after all the false dawns the fan base don't really have that luxury, especially when our most hated rivals are untouchable.

I like Ole's approach to signing players but I also think that a top manager would be getting more out of what he currently has at his disposal (at least in games against Southampton, Wolves, Crystal Palace and Rochdale). That's what gives me the most concern, I'm just not seeing what he brings to the table as a manager. For all their faults at least Jose and LVG had a management style and I don't know what Ole's is.

Rafaeldagold

The fact that the majority want to keep this inept manager just shows how messed up we are. We deserve to fail hard this season if after watching all our games & seeing how poor & out of his dept the manager is you still want him to stay??

Madness

tony54

Also. Can we also sack some of these players? Some of them are both rubbish and part of multiple failed regimes.

Ole’s biggest mistake was staying loyal and to some of them and giving them bumper deals.
Totally agree Fellini, Herrera,Lukaku all were much better than Jones, lingard, and Mata just to name a few.
Maybe Oly likes younger players who he can boss more, but it's just crazily stupid the amount of gaping holes in our team filled with players who would struggle in much lower divisions, absolutely nightmarish scenario that no one could have dreampt up.
I like Oly as a person very much but he is either being bullied by Woodward or complicit to this shambolic decision making

DoomSlayer

That's not related to Ole. Woodward should go too obviously.
Who is responsible for the failed managers then? It's all related, we can't separate the issues because the different departments of the club have to work in a symbiosis to be successful.

We get rid of Ole, then what? Next manager fails as well, then what? Our money pit starts to dry out due to multiple years of underperforming, then what? Do we keep focusing on the managers and squad instead of the bigger picture?

The fact that our fans actually would take and are advocating for Brendan fecking Rodgers speaks about the situation of the fanbase as well.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Is this really true?

Status
Not open for further replies.