g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
To see who wants him gone?

It’s negative around here as we have a clueless manager who’s way way out of his depth
You can read any thread on here to see who wants him gone. This has become a toxic forum full of toxic fans.

I'm actually quite shocked to see 'keep him' has the edge. I can only assume that the rational posters have gotten bored trying to respond to the constant stream of bile, but still made an effort to vote.

dove

The fact that the majority want to keep this inept manager just shows how messed up we are. We deserve to fail hard this season if after watching all our games & seeing how poor & out of his dept the manager is you still want him to stay??

Madness
Our fans feel inclined to stay behind the manager and blindly have faith in him no matter what. They don’t care what they see on the pitch but if the manager smiles, talks about the United way and waves to the crowd, he will get unconditional support from majority of our fans. That’s very unfortunate and one of the reasons of our downfall. We are constantly lowering our targets so much that now finishing in TOP 10 would be seen as overachievement from Ole.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
It ends when we find the right manager.

Ole Gunnar Solksjaer has been coaching these players for coming on 10 months, and he isn't a good enough coach.

He gets paid more than Jurgen Klopp ffs, more than Pochettino - and he's giving us very little in terms of quality coaching.

He's done. Let him go before it gets any messier.

This is Man Utd, not a fecking managerial training camp - which I literally can't believe I'm saying AGAIN after the Moyes era.

This is a job for a proper manager, this is a job for a coach who is ready to be at a club of this size.
I can't blame people for wanting Ole out, as there are no signs we're heading back to the top under him. But I don't see how you can guarantee that our malaise will end with the hiring of the 'right' manager, when we have massive issues with the squad and the structure of the club. I think we also have to face the fact that we're an increasingly tarnished proposition to top managers, so as defeatist as it may seem I think sticking with Ole is hoping he can bring the squad together once everyone's fit is or best option, given we're between a rock and hard place.

Rafaeldagold

You can read any thread on here to see who wants him gone. This has become a toxic forum full of toxic fans.

I'm actually quite shocked to see 'keep him' has the edge. I can only assume that the rational posters have gotten bored trying to respond to the constant stream of bile, but still made an effort to vote.
Should we be positive at how inept, clueless & poor we have?

You think you’re being a better fan by sticking with Ole but you’re doing more damage to the club.

He isn’t good enough! Open your eyes

Tom Van Persie

No relation
We've scored more than one goal in a match only once in our last 15 and we're supposed to be a team that plays the United way?

Devil81

I'd give him until the end of the season, the clubs new transfer policy will mean players coming in during January will benefit a new manager come summer anyway.

If he hasn't improved by the summer I'd 100% look alternative options though.

settembrini

We have the third lowest chances created in the league, and have scored 15 goals in 17 games. How are we playing better than the results suggest?

This is a genuine question, by the way, because I've watched every game so far and in my eyes, this is the worst set of performances from any manager since Fergie retired.
But how?

When you watch us play, what have we improved in since Ole took over?

We just run a bit more. Our pressing is even slowly getting worse and worse after some promising signs.

Our xG in open play is bottom 3 or 4. Our chances created is also bottom 3 or 4.

We literally look clueless bringing ball into the midfield from defense, linking midfield and attack, and then coordinated patterns of play in the final 3rd.
We have been the better team via xG in every match apart from last night's game.

I think we are defensively well organised, competitive in midfield but struggling in attack due to the clear weaknesses at right wing and #10 plus Martial being injured.

OrcaFat

Our chances created is bottom 3 or 4 in the Premier League.

Our pressing has slowly gotten worse and worse.

It was Ole's decision to go into the season with the current squad.

I'm not seeing this attractive football you claim we're trying to play.
Where did you get all that from? We’ve had more chances and shots than our opponent in every game we played this season.

Ole would have gladly taken several extra players - it was not his decision not to buy a couple of game-changers. Guess what? It’s not easy to get those players especially when you have Ed and his mate negotiating.

And we’ve played some decent stuff amongst the graft. More time is needed.

PoTMS

The fact more than half our fans want to keep him is the same reason we will remain irrelevant for at least the next few years.

In Rainbows

We've scored more than one goal in a match only once in our last 15 and we're supposed to be a team that plays the United way?
People have forgotten that was part of the reason we didn't like Mou. LVG was right. Ole is basically Mourinho except without the negativity.

JamesCurran

The fact more than half our fans want to keep him is the same reason we will remain irrelevant for at least the next few years.
Why were you at Old Trafford last night hearing more that 38k fans boo or signal they wanted Ole out?

MUFC OK

It feels a bit like blind faith at this point, but we aren't even getting top 4 this season so I'd keep him unless we genuinely get drawn into a relegation battle - we are not far from this becoming a reality.

Iowred

-Worst start in 30 years
-Can’t score more than 1 goal per game
-No obvious style of play
-squad left ridiculously short of quality players
-boring boring football being played
-looks & sounds we’ll out of his depth

Sorry but as much of a legend as OGS is the club comes 1st and know body is bigger than the club. It is clear that this is not working and sadly there are no signs of any improvement, in fact it’s probably the opposite as we are getting worse. I think we should sack him sooner rather than later so we can try and salvage a season that might be over before Xmas.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Cant compare him to Pep,Poch or Klopp but you could compare him to Roberto Di Matteo.

If we take the CL victory out of the equation and bring in other elements ie fan favourite,promoting youngsters,wanting more intensity in the game, then you've pretty much got a solid like-for-like comparison.
Di Matteo ended up looking clueless too.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
People have forgotten that was part of the reason we didn't like Mou. LVG was right. Ole is basically Mourinho except without the negativity.
We're playing worse football than we ever did under Mourinho and LvG in my opinion. Never thought I would say that. :houllier:

MUFC OK

he was right about that but lets not forget the tumescent sh*t that his teams were playing and the fact that he wasted over £150m on transfers that didn't work out, he is a part of this mess.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Should we be positive at how inept, clueless & poor we have?

You think you’re being a better fan by sticking with Ole but you’re doing more damage to the club.

He isn’t good enough! Open your eyes
Thanks for the education. Please don't give up on me.

Incidentally I could not care less about being a top red. I just have patience - unlike many. The squad is poor, we are rebuilding. I'm willing to give him more time.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
We have been the better team via xG in every match apart from last night's game.

I think we are defensively well organised, competitive in midfield but struggling in attack due to the clear weaknesses at right wing and #10 plus Martial being injured.
I don't think either of those are true, really. We still let in plenty of silly goals defensively and our midfield barely shows any bite, Scotty aside.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I don't think either of those are true, really. We still let in plenty of silly goals defensively and our midfield barely shows any bite, Scotty aside.
Scotty has been subpar most of the time this season like his teammates.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Pointless poll that i won't bother with. We all know the 'Ole out' group desperate for instant success will change their mind after every game depending on the result.

Many will have voted for him to get the permanent job a few months ago.

red4ever 79

30/9/19 was the day I turned from giving him time to get him out. Terrible team selection again. Lingard and Rashford starting. Where was Greenwood? Where is this giving him a chance.
Terrible team selection/took too long with the changes again. The way we finished the game is how we should have started with McTom and Fred in front of the back 4 and Pogba free to roam and create. Instead Ole at the wheel would prefer to play Lingard in a number 10 role, a guy who does feck all game in game out, and Perriera on the right, another one who does absolutely nothing.

The results are shocking whatever way you look at it. Ed gets a lot of blame and rightly so for not investing more in the summer, but Ole picks the team, he is reponsible for the set up and tacitcs and coaching. Ole out and quickly

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Pointless poll that i won't bother with. We all know the 'Ole out' group desperate for instant success will change their mind after every game depending on the result.
If by instant success you mean not playing like a relegation candidate, then I'm guilty.

dove

If by instant success you mean not playing like a relegation candidate, then I'm guilty.
Imagine expecting us to be better than relegation fodders. You are clearly an entitled gloryhunter and should be ashamed of yourself.

JPRouve

Scout
In order to answer that question I need more information, what are the alternatives? September is soon enough to bring a manager that isn't a caretaker, so who could it be? There are good managers without jobs at the moment but I know that lots of posters don't like them.

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Thanks for the education. Please don't give up on me.

Incidentally I could not care less about being a top red. I just have patience - unlike many. The squad is poor, we are rebuilding. I'm willing to give him more time.
I voted to keep him. How I feel is summed up in these posts @Bilbo. Yes things aren't great the now but the squad is dreadful and due to injuries we are still having to rely on players who aren't good enough. I'm willing to give him more time. Sacking him and starting over yet again at this point just doesn't seem right to me.

Tom Van Persie

No relation
We're playing like a team that's going to be in a relegation battle this season. We can't score more than one goal in a match to save our lives and it's our worst start in 30 years. I knew this season was going to be tough but I wanted to see us at least implement a playing style and play football that will excite the fans. I was willing to give Ole time but what I'm seeing on the pitch is awful and Ole looks fecking clueless and out of his depth.

MUFC OK

The fact that the majority want to keep this inept manager just shows how messed up we are. We deserve to fail hard this season if after watching all our games & seeing how poor & out of his dept the manager is you still want him to stay??

Madness
How much of it is him? I agree he's not improving us but we were only marginally better under Jose - one of the best managers ever. What does anyone achieve with this group of players? Or do they resort to the hard to beat approach which is our best bet with this group? Again no one would be satisfied.

I honestly think Bielsa would be a great appointment but no guarantees that he or Allegri would take us much higher than 6th with this squad.

Speedicut75

Like many I'd sack if there was something better, manager-wise, on the horizon, but at present there really isn't. Although I do worry about the perception of the club in the wider footballing community, as I'm not sure merely trumpeting the well-worn statement, "but we're fecking Manchester Utd!" will have top quality managers/coaches knocking down the door to join our club anymore. Mind you, nor would sacking the manger every 5 mins., but I just can't believe how mediocre, and uninspiring Ole would appear to be: certainly comes across as the king of platitudes.

Treble

I'm afraid that's too simplistic. What if the defensive organisation of the team (which isn't that great tbh, we haven't played the best teams in the league, especially away from home)) is at the expense of the attack and the deficiencies in attack are not only due to individuals but the overall set-up of the team? I think the latter is more likely than missing 1-2 quality players in attack.

The idea to replace Lukaku and Sanchez with kids was madness in the first place. Is there a serious team out there that relies only on forwards aged 18-23?

Noc-Z

ffs
I wouldn't even consider sacking him. You have to think about what he's working with. He needs to be given time. The problems at the club are deep rooted. It's not Ole's fault the squad has been mismanaged for the best part of a decade.

The 3 signings Ole has made (Wan-Bissaka, James and Maguire) all look good signings. If he's given time to mould a squad of players in the same vein we'll be far better placed.

How will a new manager solve any of the problems we have? They will still be working with dross. He's had to work around injuries to key players too - what on Earth are our medical team up to as this always seems to be the case.

He's doing the right thing. It's obvious we couldn't get any more of the right players in during the summer so he's gone with what he has. It's not good enough but it's better than making the wrong signings - as we've made lots of them recently.

He's being patient and waiting to add the right players when possible. We should be patient too.

I think what's happened here is pre-season most people agreed we are in for a tough season, it's going to be hard and we're not in a position to challenge - now that is the case and it's happening people are freaking out.

Isn't this what we all expected? I certainly did.

No point sacking Ole now.

Kostov

I'd say wait until this month and see whether there is some kind of improvement with players that might come back from injury and how we cope away from home. He will probably continue picking the likes Lingard and Young and Rashy playing as his undisputed starter, which will dig his own grave. I think not sacking him now only prolongs the inevitable for a month.

I will still vote KEEP, which I think it will be a mistake, but I don't know who we might replace him with.

settembrini

The 'silly' goals we have conceded this season are often individual blunders like yesterday when Tuanzebe turned creator for Arsenal or Lindelof and De Gea vs Palace. There actually hasn't been a game yet where I felt like our defence looked weak collectively.

By competitive in midfield I mean we typically win the possession battle and don't get dominated.

I understand these are low bars, I'm not trying to pretend we are a strong team who are close to challenging City/Liverpool or anything. I just disagree with the idea we are a complete shambles with no redeeming qualities.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Really wish this thread was reset and anyone saying sack are forced to give a realistic replacement. Far too many like their voice to be heard without giving it an ounce of thought beforehand

DoomSlayer

Really wish this thread was reset and anyone saying sack are forced to give a realistic replacement. Far too many like their voice to be heard without giving it an ounce of thought beforehand
We are a broken club with a broken fanbase. From by far the biggest dog around in England to being the laughing stock of the league, that sort of change was never going to be handled well.

MisterLupus

Our fans feel inclined to stay behind the manager and blindly have faith in him no matter what. They don’t care what they see on the pitch but if the manager smiles, talks about the United way and waves to the crowd, he will get unconditional support from majority of our fans. That’s very unfortunate and one of the reasons of our downfall. We are constantly lowering our targets so much that now finishing in TOP 10 would be seen as overachievement from Ole.
This is just silly. I can argue as to why I feel backing him is right thing to do easily - and have so over and over as has numerous countless others. You're no psychoanalyst - maybe you should just stick to what people are actually saying rather than attempt to read their minds questioning their motives. If "you are sheep that's the only reason you back someone" is your strongest argument against them - despite them actually putting forth an actual case for their viewpoint - then guess what you're just blowing air at people and might as well shut your stupid face.

Nobody wants Solskjaer to stay because he "talks about the United ways" or "smiles to the crowd". The only people I see using this line of argumentation are his haters - in a feebleminded attempt to discredit those who still have faith in him by putting words into their mouths then arguing a case that's never been made - because you're too thick to present your objections like proper adults.

Last edited:

In Rainbows

he was right about that but lets not forget the tumescent sh*t that his teams were playing and the fact that he wasted over £150m on transfers that didn't work out, he is a part of this mess.
Of course. He was boring too. The point is that Ole was supposed to be different from Mourinho in his football. We've had 6 seasons of boring football, and I would argue it was a little boring under Fergie too. Difference is we won under Fergie. We're at a point where we wanted attacking football, and now many fans have ignored that.

JPRouve

Scout
I'm afraid that's too simplistic. What if the defensive organisation of the team (which isn't that great tbh, we haven't played the best teams in the league, especially away from home)) is at the expense of the attack and the deficiencies in attack are not only due to individuals but the overall set-up of the team? I think the latter is more likely than missing 1-2 quality players in attack.

The idea to replace Lukaku and Sanchez with kids was madness in the first place. Is there a serious team out there that relies only on forwards aged 18-23?
Well if you take into account the fact that Lingard is 26, then we are one +25 player away from 18/19 Dortmund.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.