Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

matt23

I think we should hire a manager who can adequately prepare us to start games of football.

Heinzesight

I mean for the most part it is quite damning for our fanbase. For 26 years, this fanbase got to witness what a supremely talented manager/coach can do at a club of our calibre. The conclusion half of our fanbase managed to reach at the end of that 26 years was that if you give any random bloke enough time, he'll becomes the next Alex Ferguson.

I wonder what Fergie genuinely thinks of it. Must be like Mozart putting on his greatest show, and then only finding out at the end that his audience was actually deaf.
Skills

croadyman

We absolutely need to bring in a manager who can actually coach a defence but at the same time is capable of making us play good football on the front foot as well

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I don't think it's a sensible time to sack him. Give him until new year.

Foxbatt

There is no improvement. Improvement is winning trophies. LVG and Jose won us trophies and Jose got us 2nd. He was sacked in his third season and rightly so because we were at mid table. But one never knows if he would have got us into the CL stages that season or not. Ole also got us third place last season but there is no improvement from LVG or Jose as he has still not won us any trophies. If he wins the EL yes he can say something. But if he doesn't and if does not win anything this year he is worse off than LVG or Jose.

passing-wind

I mean for the most part it is quite damning for our fanbase. For 26 years, this fanbase got to witness what a supremely talented manager/coach can do at a club of our calibre. The conclusion half of our fanbase managed to reach at the end of that 26 years was that if you give any random bloke enough time, he'll becomes the next Alex Ferguson.

I wonder what Fergie genuinely thinks of it. Must be like Mozart putting on his greatest show, and then only finding out at the end that his audience was actually deaf.
The sad news about this post is it highlights the ridiculous mentality man fans have. Solskjaer is not a bad manager by any means but he's terrible in comparison to the level required to thrive at this club. If the ambition after having Sir Alex is to just turn into an Arsenal than by all means give Ole as much time as he needs. Either we move forward or continue to regress.

Jeffthered

Not having Fred against Leipzig cost us big. The only time our central mid isn't utter horse-crap is when all 3 of McT, Fred and Bruno play together. Otherwise we are horrible there.
VDB will hopefully start pushing for a first team spot once Jogba is gone in January.
We sorely lack a proper DM or DLP. I think our next signing will be one of those. Rice, Phillips, Camavinga, Zakaria etc
I'm afraid it would have made little difference.

OGS is simply out of his depth. He cannot inspire the squad. It's now easy to play for United. He never talks like being a winner. Never. It almost seems like it's all a big experiment.

The squad lack consistency, expectation and resilience.

And he has had over 100 games to instill those values into the squad.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
The United board need an eager 'yes man' and Ole serves that purpose really well. Win-Win. Not for us fans sadly.

croadyman

I'm afraid it would have made little difference.

OGS is simply out of his depth. He cannot inspire the squad. It's now easy to play for United. He never talks like being a winner. Never. It almost seems like it's all a big experiment.

The squad lack consistency, expectation and resilience.

And he has had over 100 games to instill those values into the squad.
Glad you can see that as well

HowYouDoin

Very much like the Pogba news yesterday, there is nothing to discuss here.
We had full knowledge of both things for years now.
Anyone with an ounce of common sense knew Pogba was leaving, anyone with an ounce of common sense knew Ole was a PE teacher and not a manager for a club looking to win trophies in PL and CL.

So why we keep delaying the inevitable is beyond me.
What the hell is wrong with this club. Just horribly run.

croadyman

Very much like the Pogba news yesterday, there is nothing to discuss here.
We had full knowledge of both things for years now.
Anyone with an ounce of common sense knew Pogba was leaving, anyone with an ounce of common sense knew Ole was a PE teacher and not a manager for a club looking to win trophies in PL and CL.

So why we keep delaying the inevitable is beyond me.
What the hell is wrong with this club. Just horribly run.
We are a shambles from top to bottom

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I do agree that we’ve made some sort of spluttering progress under Ole. I genuinely enjoy watching us more than I have in a while, albeit only about 2/3rds of the time... but my biggest bugbear is that for all the impressive but ultimately meaningless stats about his win ratio or points tally since Bruno, I’ve never felt like we’re actually a competitive team with a real shot at something... it’s always this long, promising, pot hole ridden slog toward some kind of potential progress rather than any actual betterment

don’t get me wrong, we were right to bin Jose when we did, but it’s telling that the only time it’s genuinely felt like we were in a title race, or back in the strata we belong, was at the beginning of his second season... at least up until the new year and that game with City..

the point being that in that season we went from 6th the year before, to feeling like title challengers in a single summer...and even though that faded away, we still finished above Klopps Liverpool that year, who went on to win the CL the year after, and then the league

for all of the positives under Ole, he’s been in charge now for longer than it took Jose to get us to that point, and Klopp to get Liverpool to leapfrog us to apparently now unassailable quality... even Chelsea under Conte managed to repair the damage of Jose’s 3rd season meltdown almost immediately, and yet we’re somehow stuck in this perpetual self delusion that the only way to return to glory is via some long peace meal Odyssey of occasionally improvement and occasional embarrassment, as if it’s evidently sensible rather than batshit insane!

Our bench Mark should be that Jose 2nd season type of competitive improvement...the type of immediate improvement nearly every other big club can somehow manage every few years, but which we’ve decided needs to be a tortuous battle of incremental horror, just so it can be suitably romantic when and if it ever comes to fruition!

HowYouDoin

We are a shambles from top to bottom
For all their faults, LVG and Mourinho were top managers,at least at some point and they know football. They have both diagnosed the state of the club and some of our players perfectly at many occasions but here you really gotta go with LVG's analysis that its a commercial club rather than a football club.

r0663664

Worships Man City
No matter what fans feels. Ole will be around this season. No one will pull the trigger unless he does very badly in the upcoming games. Maybe we needs a run of 5 defeats before Ole is sack. Ed is just taking his own sweet time trying to make sure we are profitable instead of winning a trophy.

HowYouDoin

I do agree that we’ve made some sort of spluttering progress under Ole. I genuinely enjoy watching us more than I have in a while, albeit only about 2/3rds of the time... but my biggest bugbear is that for all the impressive but ultimately meaningless stats about his win ratio or points tally since Bruno, I’ve never felt like we’re actually a competitive team with a real shot at something... it’s always this long, promising, pot hole ridden slog toward some kind of potential progress rather than any actual betterment

don’t get me wrong, we were right to bin Jose when we did, but it’s telling that the only time it’s genuinely felt like we were in a title race, or back in the strata we belong, was at the beginning of his second season... at least up until the new year and that game with City..

the point being that in that season we went from 6th the year before, to feeling like title challengers in a single summer...and even though that faded away, we still finished above Klopps Liverpool that year, who went on to win the CL the year after, and then the league

for all of the positives under Ole, he’s been in charge now for longer than it took Jose to get us to that point, and Klopp to get Liverpool to leapfrog us to apparently now unassailable quality... even Chelsea under Conte managed to repair the damage of Jose’s 3rd season meltdown almost immediately, and yet we’re somehow stuck in this perpetual self delusion that the only way to return to glory is via some long peace meal Odyssey of occasionally improvement and occasional embarrassment, as if it’s evidently sensible rather than batshit insane!

Our bench Mark should be that Jose 2nd season type of competitive improvement...the type of immediate improvement nearly every other big club can somehow manage every few years, but which we’ve decided needs to be a tortuous battle of incremental horror, just so it can be suitably romantic when and if it ever comes to fruition!
We didnt make any progress under Ole at all.
We are actually worse than we were under Moyes, the difference is we do have a real genuine world class player in Bruno and a pretty decent roster overall. Rashford, Greenwood etc. There are some good players at our disposal.

Still we only won 66 points last season. 2 more than under Moyes.
If not for Bruno saving the season we maybe wouldnt have been top 10.

We have decent players but Ole is a PE teacher. Simple as that.

Yakuza_devils

I bet that we will play very well and get a win against City. This will save Ole job again. The inconsistency since he took over was alarming and doesn't look like its going to change anytime soon.

This shows his inexperience to manage the team tactics facing different opponents week in week out because we don't have a set system or style of play.

He has done a lot of good things but at this level we need a top manager to get every details rights in every game

thepolice123

Done with him. Every time when it feels like we have turned the corner, its two steps back again.

Yakuza_devils

I'm surprised to see so many people complaining about Ole inconsistency since he took over.

This is exactly what u get when u appoint an inexperience manager! Roller coaster!

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

This is very true. We've made such a mess of this rebuild/ return to challenging for top honours. I defended Jose but in hindsight it's possible that we've simply just got every appointment wrong. Ole supporters like to compare our football, positivity, transfers etc to previous managers. But really, none of them were probably right for us and they're basing their assessment of Ole on the wrong standards.

Other clubs make a change that brings a change in fortune. Something we seem incapable of or, as you said, simply want to slowly work towards in our own arrogant bubble. As though that's how it should be.

I just think the standards are in the gutter, even from those in charge.

Dobba

We didnt make any progress under Ole at all.
We are actually worse than we were under Moyes, the difference is we do have a real genuine world class player in Bruno and a pretty decent roster overall. Rashford, Greenwood etc. There are some good players at our disposal.

Still we only won 66 points last season. 2 more than under Moyes.
If not for Bruno saving the season we maybe wouldnt have been top 10.

We have decent players but Ole is a PE teacher. Simple as that.
:lol:
Moyes took charge of the literal champions of England.

Giggsyking

I'm surprised to see so many people complaining about Ole inconsistency since he took over.

This is exactly what u get when u appoint an inexperience manager! Roller coaster!
He has been managing for 13 years. He s not inexperienced, he is just bad

Yakuza_devils

He has been managing for 13 years. He s not inexperienced, he is just bad
He is inexperience at the highest level of world football. I don't think winning Norwegian league with Molde is good enough. If I'm not wrong Steve Mclaren won dutch league with Twente and nobody in a sane mind would give him man utd job.

Water Melon

Played cowardly, bottled it again. Ole's fans were saying that RBL will play right into our hands as they would have to attack. Well, they did and got the job done. Whereas, our quite average manager is raking in millions, spending hundreds of millions and bottling it when it matters most. He is not a good manager, let alone an excellent one. Time to get rid.

Cloud7

This is one of the best posts I've ever seen on here.

I can't recall who it was, but there's someone that made a post that literally said if you give any manager enough time they'll be a success.

dave1956

Now this may upset a few people, but my thoughts are that both Sir Matt and Alex were excellent man managers, but not excellent coaches but they both knew their limitations and brought in excellent trainers / coaches and support staff. Unfortunately we have a present manager who has certainly improved many aspects of the playing staff but surrounded himself with a poor coaching staff who are not up to the present requirements and changes in the game. Both Phelan and Carrick are a throw back to the Fergie era with what I term a limited imput/knowledge of what is required now in terms of tactics coaching and preparation. Were these appointments forced on Ole or were they his choices, that at least in the short term we will not know. However, if they were his then we I believe have reached a level as far as we are going with this managerial/coaching team. Over to you once again Mr. Woodward for leadership decisions on the future and direction of this great club.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Actually I start to believe that's his mojo. He's like a pool player that blasts every ball in a random direction and sometimes it hits the pocket. It doesn't make sense, but it really works for him in the end.

He made absolutely lame subs and almost got copped out again in the last minute. It's actually crazy and funny in the same time :lol:
It's not difficult. I swear I could do a better job when it comes to picking the team and making the subs. First you have to start with whatever your best system is. You dont see Klopp saying "Oh sh*t, we are playing Cheslea today. We better switch to a back 5". No. The best teams have their formation that they play. And they play that formation every game because that's what they are best at and that's what they are most comfortable with. The moment you change your formation because of an opponent, you're already at a disadvantage. Play however you play best and if it's not working, then make changes. With that being said, if you start off with a defensive formation and within the first 15 minutes you are already down 2-0, don't wait until the second half to make changes. Make changes right away. With 30 minutes left to play we shouldn't be on "damage control" and keep with our defensive formation. We should make a sub and take off a defender. I don't care that it's only 15 minutes into the game. Show some balls and make the call in a must win (or must not lose) game. If we are down 2 goals I would rather have 75 minutes to make up for it than 45 minutes. And Pogba. He can f*ck right off. I didn't even cheer when he scored. If SAF was in charge Pogba would be sitting up in the stands watching that game yet Ole decides to play him. I'm disgusted. The message he has just sent out to the world is that Paul Pogba is bigger than Manchester United. F*ck that...

Greck

All the effort for top 4 just to end back up in the Europa league before the new year. Ole will always be a cap on our ceiling. He's a vet in the job still making basic manager errors. Benefits from having the lowest standards of expectation of any manager. His predecessors who he's supposedly doing a better job than got further in competitions they participated

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
This man managed to lose 6-1 at home to a team that doesn't even play attacking football. That was enough to sack him.

el3mel

OK, I have calmed down a lot since the game but I am still done with Ole experiment regardless of the City result. Any good result from now on will just be papering over cracks for me.

blemis

Supports
spurs
Ole be like "lads , 3 at the back works against PSG so let's do this again today"
Normal people with a functioning brain actually think Ole as manager, can take Manchester United forward in 2020. The depths of deliberate stupidity it takes to believe that is incomprehensible.

croadyman

OK, I have calmed down a lot since the game but I am still done with Ole experiment regardless of the City result. Any good result from now on will just be papering over cracks for me.
Still amazed he survived one of the worst champions league performances in our history

Greck

Still amazed he survived one of the worst champions league performances in our history
By the same point Jose had won the Europa cup and gotten to the CL knockout stages. Didn't matter he came 2nd, it counted for nothing as we are United and he was rightfully sacked. Consider myself chief hater of all things Jose but the double standard that's given to Ole is amazing in all the wrong ways

binary bot
Anyone got a way of finding matches we've played 5 at the back in? Tonight, Chelsea in the FA cup, PSG(think we switched at some point), Sheffield United 3-3?, a win vs City? off the top of my head.

Interesting to see how successful we've been with it.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Anyone backing him now is risking setting the club back years.

Players like Rashford, Martial, Greenwood, AWB, Tuanzabe, Henderson, VdB etc... need proper coaching and need to be reaching their potential as players. Nothing we do looks cohesive or consistent.

The players are fantastic assets and we have a really promising squad. Anyone supporting Ole needs to have a long think about what keeping him in charge means for the development of these players.

There is no consistency in terms of results, or even performances within a half of football, and the all too regular low points are absolutely shocking. There are serious doubts about systems, style of play, player roles and everything in between, and there shouldn’t be.

There is now far more to suggest he just isn’t a good manager. There was no proof of his potential before. The proof that we do have is in the hours of poor football that we have produced so far this season, even in games we have won.

If you are happy to write off another year for the club, that’s fine, but remember that you are also writing off another year for these players without a top coach to develop them and help them reach their potential.

It is Manchester United and there needs to be a standard. That standard is simply not even close to being met and a change is needed, and for the players, our biggest assets, it’s urgent.

Status
Not open for further replies.