Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OleBoiii

The conclusion half of our fanbase managed to reach at the end of that 26 years was that if you give any random bloke enough time, he'll becomes the next Alex Ferguson.
Congratulations on the worst take/biggest strawman of the thread so far :lol:

Godfather

I mean for the most part it is quite damning for our fanbase. For 26 years, this fanbase got to witness what a supremely talented manager/coach can do at a club of our calibre. The conclusion half of our fanbase managed to reach at the end of that 26 years was that if you give any random bloke enough time, he'll becomes the next Alex Ferguson.

I wonder what Fergie genuinely thinks of it. Must be like Mozart putting on his greatest show, and then only finding out at the end that his audience was actually deaf.
Isn't that true

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Obviously people have different experiences with different systems/formations but he took a huge risk there tonight. If you aren't comfortable playing that system then the first 20 minutes (and certainly the first goal) is always on the cards IMO, particularly in a game of tonight's magnitude. I thought the back three found themselves really narrow at times leaving AWB and Telles isolated in wide areas and they had so much joy early on in those channels. When the midfield players tried to help them out they left big spaces through the middle of the field and in fairness to Leipzig they exploited it well.
How can you say he took huge risks? What can possibly be risky about starting 7 defensive players penned in your own half?

Taking risks is setting up 442 with a Carrick/Giggs midfield vs. the best club team ever in the world. Not the cowardly nonsense we saw tonight.

Also what you're explaining is how the side clearly wasn't comfortable/set up properly to begin with, so which genius is responsible for that?

Elefenrir

Supports
CD Tenerife
He will stay until the end of the season, if we're out of the top 4, then he is definitely gone, we're way too inconsistent and the team only shows up when they are losing.

Wayne's World

When you have rivals fans delighted every time we win is a massive red flad regarding Ole.

They don't see him as a threat and I agree. No chance under Poch, Allegri, Rose, Naglesmann that you would see City, Liverpool, Chelsea fans happy to see United winning

NJM78

True, for him.

The third game was the defeat in Turkey wasn’t it?
Ah shit, forgot to add ‘before’ to my question.

Yeah we lost 3 on the spin starting with that match, just wondering if anyone with a better memory than me knew if this has happened before.

Enigma_87

You know who
I really wanted Ole to be the man to take us forward and I have given him a lot of chances. But after the game tonight I am going to say for my first time, Ole out. First off, after talking about "the United DNA is to attack" he comes out with a back 5 that included a player who hasn't played in ages in Shaw (not that Shaw played bad). Then after going down 2 goals early in this defensive set up, he waits until half time to change things up. And what does he do? He takes off Telles, our best attacking LB. But that's ok because I like Shaw. 15 minutes later we are making another sub. Taking off Shaw. WTF!!! If Shaw can only go 60 minutes then shouldn't he be the one coming off at half time? Then, in a game where we are down 3-0 and allowed 5 subs, 3 of his subs are defenders. Are we chasing a lead or defending one??? And finally, the straw that broke the camels back. Pogba. I don't want this guy anywhere near the first team. Nobody is bigger than the club. Never mind being a sub, he shouldn't have even dressed. He's a virus and a snake. Ole out...
Actually I start to believe that's his mojo. He's like a pool player that blasts every ball in a random direction and sometimes it hits the pocket. It doesn't make sense, but it really works for him in the end.

He made absolutely lame subs and almost got copped out again in the last minute. It's actually crazy and funny in the same time :lol:

Foxbatt

He should be sacked for hiring Carrick and McKenna as his coaches. With an incompetent manager like him why get more incompetent coaching staff?

wr8_utd

:'(
Moyes used to get slammed by the media and the fans for pressers that are nowhere near as bad as what Ole does.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
There are a lot of stupidly run clubs out there, I mean, we took him with zero credibility at the job.

I doubt any PL side will take him though considering they can see what he's doing on a more consistent basis, but Belguim/Holland, maybe?
I doubt Belgium/Holland would take him. They have higher standards than that. You're right there's a lot of stupidly run clubs out there. If even Moyes can get the Real Sociedad job off the back of our name, anything's possible.

AC Milan maybe, or have they got their act together now? It's really hard to think of one that comes to mind.

dove

I doubt Belgium/Holland would take him. They have higher standards than that. You're right there's a lot of stupidly run clubs out there. If even Moyes can get the Real Sociedad job off the back of our name, anything's possible.

AC Milan maybe, or have they got their act together now? It's really hard to think of one that comes to mind.
1st in the league so far, if for some reason they decided to sack the manager, Ole wouldn't make a top 100 list for the next manager.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
1st in the league so far, if for some reason they decided to sack the manager, Ole wouldn't make a top 100 list for the next manager.
Oh yeah, how can i forget Ibra's impact on them, talk about a brain freeze.

Idxomer

I mean for the most part it is quite damning for our fanbase. For 26 years, this fanbase got to witness what a supremely talented manager/coach can do at a club of our calibre. The conclusion half of our fanbase managed to reach at the end of that 26 years was that if you give any random bloke enough time, he'll becomes the next Alex Ferguson.

I wonder what Fergie genuinely thinks of it. Must be like Mozart putting on his greatest show, and then only finding out at the end that his audience was actually deaf.
Nice one and it totally sums up some fans in this thread.

I’m at the point where I just don’t see any chance of him going anywhere, we have too many good players, and due to that we’ll always get enough results to “save him”.
I don’t think even 5th will cost him his job as it’s clear that SAF, Gill (the advisory board) suggested Ole & Phelan and that they have utterly sold the club on this idea that patience is key.
Think it’d take a 10th place finish but think the advisors behind the genius appointments of Moyes and Ole/Phelan would still argue their cause.

Enigma_87

You know who

AC Milan maybe, or have they got their act together now?
It's really hard to think of one that comes to mind.
He wouldn't last 5 mins at Milan. They appointed/sacked 8 managers since 2014.

I recall them hiring Brocchi not so long ago. You know - former player, zero experience. He managed them for 7 games and got booted from the door.

Surprisingly, Brescia hired him 10 days after and he showed the same "class". Couple of years later he was assistant in China and nowadays I doubt a club would leave him in charge on the lemonade stand.

Chairman Steve

Replace the word ‘Ole’ in this argument with ‘Manager X’

‘Manager X:’:
  • Has been in the job for 2yrs but has created no team identity of play
  • Has not improved the attacking coordination of the team
  • Has not improved the defensive organisation despite spending £140m on defenders
  • Kept an erratic player, on a yellow card, to play the second half of a vital match with a team that will always look to get a player sent off
  • Has allowed this mentality of walking through games until we’re 2-0 down
  • Came to the club with the primary aim of out-working the opponents, which we have subsequently failed to do with any consistency
‘Manager X’ gets sacked for this at any club that has some semblance of dignity!
Don't forget too if Manager X's previous experience mostly consisted of being Norwegian league.

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

Loved this.

T_Model101

Were the sub's that bad today?
Most of the clowns at the back were on a booking and there was always the chance of someone already on a booking having to make a tactical foul
Who else should have came on? Lingard? Ighalo? James?
Mata has played well this season so perhaps he could have been given a chance. But we created a lot in that second half and were pretty close in the end

Completely agree about Phelan, McKenna and Carrick. There's a lot to be said for allowing yourself to be surrounded with mediocrity.

Foxbatt

I’m at the point where I just don’t see any chance of him going anywhere, we have too many good players, and due to that we’ll always get enough results to “save him”.
I don’t think even 5th will cost him his job as it’s clear that SAF, Gill (the advisory board) suggested Ole & Phelan and that they have utterly sold the club on this idea that patience is key.
Think it’d take a 10th place finish but think the advisors behind the genius appointments of Moyes and Ole/Phelan would still argue their cause.
I think Woodward will eventually sack him or get rid of him somehow. His facial expressions does not bode well. Our league position is what is saving Ole. If we had lost to West Ham and tonight he would have gone. But we have enough quality players in the side to get us into the top half of the table. That is what is saving his job.

Paul_Scholes18

He will win vs City and people will hail him as a genious. Then draw with Sheffield etc and people will say it is ok since we got a win over City and are still in the top 4.

scorgasm

Last Man Standing champion 2020/21
I think the inconsistency would be acceptable if there was a clear or obvious plan that Ole was trying to implement and drill into the players. After two years there is no obvious plan other than to sit deep and hit teams on the counter attack. That is fine for certain teams and games, SAF and other successful managers have demonstrated that counter attacking football can lead to good victories. As soon as clubs worked this out (a few months in) they began to sit back and we have struggled to break down teams since. I do not see a plan B or any tactical nous which lead me to believe Ole can turn this around.

Specifically on the game tonight every man and their dog could work out that in a game where Leipzig have to win, one where they're at home and have a good home record they would be up for it. They would start quick and press. Two players who cannot play together if a team is going to be all over you are Matic and McTominay. It was clear to almost everyone in the pre-match thread so why wasn't it clear to Ole? The only answer I can come up with is that it was clear to him. He knew we'd be overran but he thought we could have a scrappy game, keep it tight and come away with the 0-0. His pessimism has cost us the opportunity to play in the knock out rounds of the CL. When your game plan is ruined a few minutes in you need to adapt, show some spine, make adjustments and work out how you can hurt the opposition. He didn't until half time and by that point it was too much of an uphill task.

So for me... the lack of an obvious plan, the lack of tactical nous, the lack of game management and his negative approach to games are all reasons why we need to relieve Ole of his duties. He can then go back to being the United legend he so obviously is and managing a team more suited to his ability. This experiment has not worked and expecting different results with the same formula two years in is nothing short of insanity.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20

This post sums it up beautifully.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.

Brilliant mate

tomaldinho1

Was their coach on holiday when we hammered them at our place?
No he turned up, tried something that didn’t work so changed it and is now in the knock out stages. Ole turned up, set up to counter assuming we’d be fine and then, as usual, left the changes too late.

As said Istanbul result killed us, not losing tonight.

tomaldinho1

Hear hear

Dominos

The Istanbul away game was the final straw for me and haven't seen anything since to change my mind.

After 2 years, we just don't look like a well coached team. Don't defend well, don't press well, don't pass the ball well, struggle to break down packed defences, poor on attacking and defending set pieces. There's really no redeeming feature about watching us play.

I will also say our bottom level is that of a Sunday league side. When other top teams have an off day they generally look a bit flat compared to usual, when we have an off day we don't even look like a football team. And our off days come about once every couple of games.

NJM78

He has now lost 28 games in 108 games, Same as Jose managed but in 36 less games. LvG lost 24 in 101 games. Both these managers were rightly sacked.

Apparently though we are improving, have a process and Ole is not to blame for our failings, it’s the board, it’s the players, he hasn’t been backed etc. He also plays the United way...which the last time I checked, wasn’t playing 5 at the back with 2 DMs or just spamming teams on the break being our only tactic.

At least these two managers won us our only trophies since SAF and earned the right to manage us based on their past experience and trophies won.

I pray we let him go before it’s too late and our season capitulates.

croadyman

He has now lost 28 games in 108 games, Same as Jose managed but in 36 less games. LvG lost 24 in 101 games. Both these managers were rightly sacked.

Apparently though we are improving, have a process and Ole is not to blame for our failings, it’s the board, it’s the players, he hasn’t been backed etc. He also plays the United way...which the last time I checked, wasn’t playing 5 at the back with 2 DMs or just spamming teams on the break being our only tactic.

At least these two managers won us our only trophies since SAF and earned the right to manage us based on their past experience and trophies won.

I pray we let him go before it’s too late and our season capitulates.
He won't be sacked until the usual cannot qualify for top 4 garbage

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
He wouldn't last 5 mins at Milan. They appointed/sacked 8 managers since 2014.

I recall them hiring Brocchi not so long ago. You know - former player, zero experience. He managed them for 7 games and got booted from the door.

Surprisingly, Brescia hired him 10 days after and he showed the same "class". Couple of years later he was assistant in China and nowadays I doubt a club would leave him in charge on the lemonade stand.
:lol: 7 games, they don't mess around do they? I'm glad to see them doing the business with Ibra now.

Adam_S

The annoying thing is that he has done a lot of good stuff. He has been far better in terms of recruiting and moving on players that any manager since Fergie. I also get a sense that he is at least trying to build the club and its culture in a way that's consistent with a long term vision that feels somewhat like what a Man Utd team should do. I'd hate to see him given the boot for another Mourinho-like coach that is just in it for the short term and who throws a lot of stuff away and wants to start over again from scratch.

That said, I do think the point is being reached where the team's lack of coaching and structure is stopping the club moving forward and I'm not sure Ole is the man to fix that. I'd like to see either Ole moved upstairs to the long anticipated director of football role or a serious shakeup of the coaching staff to bring some new ideas in.

Champagne Football

Ah the old, he only got £250m and not the extra £110m he needed for Sancho. His signings have been terrible bar Bruno - he's made Maguire and AWB regress to the point people want them out the club and James doesn't play.

I actually think the players should get more credit, they (and VAR) have been bailing him out since day 1 of this season.
Not having Fred against Leipzig cost us big. The only time our central mid isn't utter horse-crap is when all 3 of McT, Fred and Bruno play together. Otherwise we are horrible there.
VDB will hopefully start pushing for a first team spot once Jogba is gone in January.
We sorely lack a proper DM or DLP. I think our next signing will be one of those. Rice, Phillips, Camavinga, Zakaria etc

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus

:lol: :lol:

Eddy_JukeZ

Best post on redcafe ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.