Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

my comments on Villa were in relation to someone asking name any other manager who turned things around after 6 months so I did.

Any other club probably wouldn’t have stuck by Ole after this start of the season.
If you can’t see why Oles trying to do, then I think you’re not watching the games properly. There’s a style, we just need the right players to suit it and I think we’re 1 or 2 central midfielders from having it.

yeah we were trash against Sheffield United and there’s been some shit performances along the way. But you go back to Klopp getting the players in that he wanted, No one is giving Ole the time to do this, well I say no one, some logical people are.

As you seem to always go back to Klopp, some of his first signings were Matip, Karius and Klavan. He’s built a team over a number or seasons, he didn’t have one magical transfer window in which, Robertson, Alison, van Dijk, Firminio, Salah, The Ox, but Ole should have, apparently.
Please elaborate, which style is it? besides counterattacking football I've seen nothing from Ole. Exactly what style is he implementing?

Runaway Sue

No it isn't, you've most likely just made it up in your head because nobody would be so daft to say such a thing.

Starting a make shift midfield of Fred and Pereira against a settled, well functioning Sheff Utd midfield was never going to be easy though. You might think it should be but that just shows a lack of appreciation of other teams.
Agreed, Sheffield got a manager who knows what he is doing, we dont.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I never said it would be easy, matter of fact it was stupid to send a two man midfield composed of Fred and Pereira. But that's not the point, the point its that some here are claiming that sending a two man midfield of Fred and Pereira was the only choice since we have such a poor squad, which is false.
He got it wrong going 3 at the back, it's a fair criticism but Fred and Pereira aren't good enough for tough away games. I expected it pre game:
I expected Matic to start. Midfield is going to be a problem today. Could go either way this, probably a draw.

SAFMUTD

He got it wrong going 3 at the back, it's a fair criticism but Fred and Pereira aren't good enough for tough away games. I expected it pre game:
Neither Fred nor Pereira are holding midfielders, specially Pereira who seems to be incapable of retaining the ball. It was clear as day that that midfield was destinied to fail, I agree with you if he was determined to use a two man midfield then he should had opted for Matic or Garner instead of Pereira.

lysglimt

Scout
Totally agree, suddenly we need a squad full of world class players to be able to challenge not for titles, but to challenge any team. Excuses are getting ridiculous now, people claiming Sheffield haves a better squad, ffs.
They don't have a better squad - but they have a very well-organized team and well-balanced who work their socks off for each-other. Probably the best TEAM in the P.L (best team - not the best players).

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Hm - I wonder what criticism OGS would get if he was in charge of a team going from 2-0 to 2-3 in 7 minutes.
Ole will get criticised in any situation where we aren't crushing teams 3 or 4 nil.

This forum over the last 4 or 5 years makes me think of the line "you get the team that you deserve". A lot of our fanbase are getting the team that they deserve.

No way in hell Ferguson would have lasted more than a year in the current climate, and before the predictable 'but Ferguson had pedigree!' responses, so did Van Gaal and Mourinho. Bags of it.

Acole9

Outstanding
You could see what was going to happen when he made that sub, I think even Martial knew it and that's why he didn't look too happy about coming off. Totally brainless, he claims we play attacking football, we're probably as defence minded as we've ever been.

R'hllor

When ever gets tough, there is always a SAF card to be inserted somewhere, anywhere.

mu4c_20le

You could see what was going to happen when he made that sub, I think even Martial knew it and that's why he didn't look too happy about coming off. Totally brainless, he claims we play attacking football, we're probably as defence minded as we've ever been.
Again, it's worrying if people think a defensive sub means we're going to buckle under the pressure and concede a goal. We've been dominated many times under SAF in his last few years, it's easy to say 'just attack!!' but sometimes its not practical especially with no midfield.

Seij

I assume you are being sarcastic. It's hard to detect sarcasm over the internet but this post is absolutely insane otherwise.

Please let it be sarcasm.
You mean being shite isn't a requirement for rebuilding?

I figured if I parrot the people on United subreddit I'll finally become a true red.

Acole9

Outstanding
Again, it's worrying if people think a defensive sub means we're going to buckle under the pressure and concede a goal. We've been dominated many times under SAF in his last few years, it's easy to say 'just attack!!' but sometimes its not practical especially with no midfield.
They were there for the taking and started to show signs of tiredness. Bring Tuanzebe on with a minute or two to go by all means but there was a bit of time left, best form of defence is attack sometimes.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
You mean being shite isn't a requirement for rebuilding?

I figured if I parrot the people on United subreddit I'll finally become a true red.
You did get me. The resemblance was uncanny.

A lot of people must be mentally scarred for life with the way they are desperately trying to cling to warm familiar memories through Solskjaer, that they haven't stopped to think if he actually knows what he is doing at all.

That question seems like an afterthought to many people.

Will Singh

As to spending £130m in defense, you can go look at my posts in the Maguire transfer forum. I have always been of the opinion that the money spent on Maguire should have been spent on midfielders and a striker. But we are where we are.

I changed my vote due to the changes he brought about in a game against Sheffield where we looked like a completely shit team, and somehow got us playing football again in that game. We had never seen him before be able to turn around a game. If he can instill fighting spirit to our players after playing so badly the first half, he deserves more time.
How much time and what are your expectations in that time period you want us to achieve?

For me every transfer window yes he can improve but all it will take is for De Gea and Pogba to leave and we are completely fecked. Yes we have been playing without Pogba for a long time but having him on our books shows we want the best players and want to get back to the top, lose said top players and the confidence and/or spirit has been dropped a notch or two.

steffyr2

Amazing how opposition players are suddenly always better than ours. There’s not a single Sheff Utd player that would get in our team yet Ole doesn’t have his preferred team so can’t expect a win.

What about all the games where the opposition don’t have their best team, if we win should we not read anything into those?.

Excuses need to stop now, he’s a poor manager doing a poor job. He wouldn’t be employed by any other Premier League team. If people want to stick with that and hope it all gets better based on no logic then good luck to them.
I guess Ole and Mourinho do have something in common after all.......

SAFMUTD

They don't have a better squad - but they have a very well-organized team and well-balanced who work their socks off for each-other. Probably the best TEAM in the P.L (best team - not the best players).
Completely agree, and thats enough to outplay a better squad whose disorganized and under coached like ours.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
my comments on Villa were in relation to someone asking name any other manager who turned things around after 6 months so I did.

Any other club probably wouldn’t have stuck by Ole after this start of the season.
If you can’t see why Oles trying to do, then I think you’re not watching the games properly. There’s a style, we just need the right players to suit it and I think we’re 1 or 2 central midfielders from having it.

yeah we were trash against Sheffield United and there’s been some shit performances along the way. But you go back to Klopp getting the players in that he wanted, No one is giving Ole the time to do this, well I say no one, some logical people are.

As you seem to always go back to Klopp, some of his first signings were Matip, Karius and Klavan. He’s built a team over a number or seasons, he didn’t have one magical transfer window in which, Robertson, Alison, van Dijk, Firminio, Salah, The Ox, but Ole should have, apparently.
The thing is, plenty of Liverpool fans were getting on Klopps back the first two years because he took his time getting the right players. Klopp is extremely methodical in how he handles transfers and does not bring anyone in unless he is almost 100% certain they would be a good fit. Which is (believe it or not) is why his transfer record is so damn good. In fact, reaching those cup finals his first two years might have saved his job, because things were not rosy as Anfield when he first got there
Link
Link
Link
Link
Those were just the first results from google. There is loads more. Of course those fans calling for his head back then look like fools today, but it does not change the fact that a sizable portion of their fanbase was starting to turn on him, and he was an pretty thin ice for a while.

The situation to here was also quite similar. Both squads had plenty of deadwood and Rodgers had done a lot of rubbish transfers like Benteke, Lallana, Lovren, Balotelli and Sahko the years before that. And before some genius accuses me of comparing Klopp with Ole, the former is clearly a better manager, but the situations were quite similar and its worth pointing out that he did not create that squad overnight and there were plenty of calls for his head during the process of doing so

Bobcat

That's a horrible piece of writing. I can't recall ever seeing someone write a piece reflecting on an interview without even specifying what was said in some detail let alone not actually quoting the interview. Quite odd.
Indeed. What he said was "When you're 2-0 down, you fear the worst, last year we would have probably lost 0-4. But this group won't give in, don't give in. We've made massive strides and would have a learned a lot today." How warped is your mind when you interpret that as "throwing players under the bus".

This is clickbait rage fuel if i ever saw it

Cpt Negative

The thing is, plenty of Liverpool fans were getting on Klopps back the first two years because he took his time getting the right players. Klopp is extremely methodical in how he handles transfers and does not bring anyone in unless he is almost 100% certain they would be a good fit. Which is (believe it or not) is why his transfer record is so damn good. In fact, reaching those cup finals his first two years might have saved his job, because things were not rosy as Anfield when he first got there
Link
Link
Link
Link
Those were just the first results from google. There is loads more. Of course those fans calling for his head back then look like fools today, but it does not change the fact that a sizable portion of their fanbase was starting to turn on him, and he was an pretty thin ice for a while.

The situation to here was also quite similar. Both squads had plenty of deadwood and Rodgers had done a lot of rubbish transfers like Benteke, Lallana, Lovren, Balotelli and Sahko the years before that. And before some genius accuses me of comparing Klopp with Ole, the former is clearly a better manager, but the situations were quite similar and its worth pointing out that he did not create that squad overnight and there were plenty of calls for his head during the process of doing so
That’s almost too sensible to post on here pal.

Alabaster Codify7

And what has turned them into that ?yes....
COACHING.

Roboc7

Link
Link
Link
Link

When were Liverpool mid table and cut adrift in the race for top 4 in Klopp’s first full season?.

If situations are so similar surely it is only reinforcing argument that Ole needs to go and we should employ a better manager. All you are really saying is a much better manager was able to do a better job without making a similar squad in a similar situation so bad.

There were also lots of fans who didn’t want Klopp gone and he was one of the most highly regarded managers in Europe.

Bobcat

When were Liverpool mid table and cut adrift in the race for top 4 in Klopp’s first full season?.

If situations are so similar surely it is only reinforcing argument that Ole needs to go and we should employ a better manager. All you are really saying is a much better manager was able to do a better job without making a similar squad in a similar situation so bad.

There were also lots of fans who didn’t want Klopp gone and he was one of the most highly regarded managers in Europe.
Well, in hist first season (after taking over in October) he only managed 8th, while ole managed 6th (3rd after he took over Link), and his first full season they started well enough, but were fecking awful from New Years and up til February with 1W, 3D and 3L. Its also worth noting they only got fourth one point ahead of Arsenal which they beat 3-4 and 3-1 so its not like they were sailing into top 4 easily. We finished 6th that year under Jose, who pretty much everyone thinks is a good manager, so what does that tell you?

No doubt our league form has been shite, but the current top 4 have all had flying starts. Before this weekend both Leichester and Chelsea were above City and i really, really doubt many people saw that coming in August. So we being adrift from top 4 isnt just about us dropping a lot of points, those teams have been in terrific form so far

Yeah some people did not want him gone and claimed he needed time, some people wanted him gone, because they thought the progress was to slow. Much like us with Ole. And i am not saying this proves Ole will come good, but there is a narrative going around that everything was fine and dandy at Liverpool in Klopps first years, which it clearly was not

dove

Well, in hist first season (after taking over in October) he only managed 8th, while ole managed 6th (3rd after he took over Link), and his first full season they started well enough, but were fecking awful from New Years and up til February with 1W, 3D and 3L. Its also worth noting they only got fourth one point ahead of Arsenal which they beat 3-4 and 3-1 so its not like they were sailing into top 4 easily. We finished 6th that year under Jose, who pretty much everyone thinks is a good manager, so what does that tell you?

No doubt our league form has been shite, but the current top 4 have all had flying starts. Before this weekend both Leichester and Chelsea were above City and i really, really doubt many people saw that coming in August. So we being adrift from top 4 isnt just about us dropping a lot of points, those teams have been in terrific form so far

Yeah some people did not want him gone and claimed he needed time, some people wanted him gone, because they thought the progress was to slow. Much like us with Ole. And i am not saying this proves Ole will come good, but there is a narrative going around that everything was fine and dandy at Liverpool in Klopps first years, which it clearly was not
I think the main difference is that Liverpool were very inconsistent the first couple of years with Klopp. Brilliant game followed by horrendous one against some random relegation fodder, similarly to Pep's first season. But that's the thing, you know you can build on good performances, you know the team should get more consistent in time so it's a no brainer to give more time. Meanwhile us, we are consistently shit. We don't have great performances, we don't even have many good performances. Pretty much every single game is a horrendous one to watch with us being absolutely toothless. If we score 2 goals from 2 shots, we could possibly win. If we don't 100% convert our chances, we are doomed. Absolutely nothing to suggest we can improve with Ole if we give him more time.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Link
Link
Link
Link

A sensible post, but one that will be instantly ignored by many simply because Ole doesn't have the same level of experience as Klopp.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I think the main difference is that Liverpool were very inconsistent the first couple of years with Klopp. Brilliant game followed by horrendous one against some random relegation fodder, similarly to Pep's first season. But that's the thing, you know you can build on good performances, you know the team should get more consistent in time so it's a no brainer to give more time. Meanwhile us, we are consistently shit. We don't have great performances, we don't even have many good performances. Pretty much every single game is a horrendous one to watch with us being absolutely toothless. If we score 2 goals from 2 shots, we could possibly win. If we don't 100% convert our chances, we are doomed. Absolutely nothing to suggest we can improve with Ole if we give him more time.
This just isnt true. Try to be objective at least.

fergiesarmy1

How about having players fit for purpose, would you play jones, pereira and Fred given a choice?

One proper window and 3 good signings so far, no one can really argue with that.

dove

How about having players fit for purpose, would you play jones, pereira and Fred given a choice?

One proper window and 3 good signings so far, no one can really argue with that.
As if Klopp magically had players fit for purpose :lol: Their team (even now) consists of players that we were laughing about a few years ago and wouldn't have taken them.

Signings have been mixed. AWB good, James positive, Maguire average.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
That we are consistently shit? We are. Apart from 10 minute spells in some games, we are 100% shit.
Then you are not looking at our matches objectively IMO. Go back and watch some of them again

fergiesarmy1

As if Klopp magically had players fit for purpose :lol: Their team (even now) consists of players that we were laughing about a few years ago and wouldn't have taken them.

Signings have been mixed. AWB good, James positive, Maguire average.
Yet Klopp was given time, amazing how that helps.

Maguire will work out, even though he wasn’t very good on Sunday I appreciated his efforts to try and rally the team. Something that has been sorely missed with the character of our team in general.

dove

Then you are not looking at our matches objectively IMO. Go back and watch some of them again
No thanks :lol: Why would anyone go back to watch our matches when you could die from boredom while doing so.

Status
Not open for further replies.