Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MoskvaRed

Outplayed by Moyes...If we scrape 4th on Sunday, I suppose we keep him for next season but sooner or later we will need an upgrade.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Poch is available. CL or not i think thst Ole proved that he doesn't have what it takes to manage top club

PoTMS

What argument is there to retain him when Pochettino is available?

If both suddenly became available tomorrow morning. Which club in world football would take Ole? Fecking Molde.

r0663664

Worships Man City
WTF. Ole out! Rushford is tired, Pogba is tired. Ole should know if the players are motivated and their fitness level is good. Why do we send out a team who isn't ready to compete? Doesn't Ole ask them how are they doing? Are they up to take on West Ham? Because they are professional players so they play without passion and feeling like him. Just a job? If you are not motivated, get out of this team. Ole is the first one to go. Players are like zombies. Sad... without passion.

FatherWolff

Football Manager kids are back, again.
No doubt about that! I fail to see any constructive criticism or anything of worth, so I’m calling it the night. We are third on the table. Unthinkable a few months ago. But never mind that..

Giggsyking

David fecking Moyes. David fecking Moyes the clown outclassed our manager. We will be battered at Leicester. I hope he gets the sack despite our position in the end. Cowardice football from a novice manager.

Woodenlung

Tough shit. They just have to get over it. This performance is unacceptable. Especially with CL football on the line.
Sure it's unacceptable from the players, but it's still something the manager has to rectify. Which he hasn't in three matches now. We blew the game against Southampton, were awful against Chelsea and somehow even worse against a crap West Ham. Eventually you have to question just what exactly the coaches are doing.

Chairman Steve

As someone who was sceptical about OGS being good enough, who is now more towards giving him more time... There is a small part of me thinking when OGS is going to hit his limit here relating to how far he can take us, and I’m starting to think he’s the guy who built the new car for a better guy to drive it.

He’s going to be the guy who built the team that a new guy will take to the next level.

hungrywing

Perfect game to rest Bruno and Matic. Show Fred and Scott you trust them. Have them repay that trust. But no.

His in game management is the worst I’ve ever seen from a Manchester United manager.
It's been hard to argue with this for a long time and getting harder by the day.

It's almost weird.

Was he like this at Molde?

Anybody's Guess

This team is a very apt reflection of its manager - Clueless beyond belief. What the feck is his instructions to the players before the game? I have a very difficult time believing that his instructions before the game are so on point every single time that he has no need to amend his tactics during the course of the game. He is a manager that makes like for like substitutions and then hopes for the best.

Absolutely dreading the Leicester game. Everything points towards a bottle job supreme.

NinjaFletch

Or you could have just admitted that you are virtually blind to anything which remotely points to Ole being poor. Would have had the same effect.
Look mate, I don't know what to say. If you didn't see a side struggling to play out from the back in the first half then you didn't watch the game. There's nothing more to say on the matter and accusations that other people are blind are utterly baffling.

Idxomer

The thing is that getting top 4 should be more of an incentive to get rid of him, this will be the way to move forward.

Of course, that won't happen and the same pattern and problems will keep popping up next season.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
What the feck has our manager done? His CV is worse!
The first manager to ever win the league title with Molde. In his first season with them as well. He then won their second ever league title the following year.

He also won the Norwegian Cup in his third season, this was only the 3rd time they had won it.

As of 2013 in his final season of his first stint, in 103 years of the clubs history, the club had only ever won 5 top division trophies. 3 of them due to Ole. Regardless of it being the Norwegian league, 3/5 of the clubs top flight trophies in 103 years being down to him is a great achievement in itself, this being his first managerial stint of a top flight team.

Bwuk

We were great after the restart because teams weren’t match fit or ready, and we have better players than them.

Id get rid but it’s clear we wont.

starman

People that complain about tiredness are avoiding the fact we are joint top with City in the table since restart, do think we will be that position and the chance to even be in contention for the top 4 starting with the likes of Lingard?
And its not like key players have not been coming off after games have been won.

Its just another reason to moan because you don't want him as manager

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
He could have taken off everyone after 80 minutes minus Maguire and there was no defence for them. Why he made one sub and far too late is baffling. He let the game limp out because there was no real urgency.
Exactly. It wasn't as if we were on front foot. We barely held possession, one of the reason was our players had no energy left. Instead of making changes, he was too busy praying for a draw. Very poor from Ole in this game.

SAFMUTD

Games as the one today are the ones that have convinced me that he is not the right man. The team is struggling, showing nothing and still he makes no changes whatsoever as if he expects things to change by themselves.

He has run the starting XI to the groung, showing he has zero faith in the squad players but also zero faith in the system. We rely totally on the players thats why even if Bruno is playing awful he doesnt sub him.

Canagel

Worst manager in Prem, arguably would get West Ham relegated but somehow managing a club the size of Man Utd because "culture" or something

dev1l

I think this season he did a good job. Experts over here were predicting finishing 10th or even lower.
Some of the more "learned" even said we might end up in the relegation zone.
Well, with one game to go, we re third and in a very good position to qualify for UCL.

We also saw massive improvement from the likes of Martial & Rashford (20 goals each), Fred, Matic,McTominay while the newcomers -Wan Bissaka, Maguire and Fernandes settled in nicely.
We also witnessed the emergence of Williams and Greenwood which done exceptionally well in their first senior season.
In the meantime, more deadwood was moved on.

So I think overall Ole and his team (I believe Carrick and McKenna are behind the tactics) have done a wonderful job.

cyberman

For an hour or two maybe.
Odds are it will be for longer than that.
Fans are overreacting here, tonight was always going to be tough. Our players are out on our feet and its about grinding our way through.
It was all about not losing. 2 draws and it doesn't matter a feck how we do it.

passing-wind

He deserves the door if we fail to beat Leicester, if you can't make top four with such depleted competiton he will not win anything of merit at this club.

Shambolic performances as of late when it matters. Last season everyone blamed Lukaku / Sanchez they are gone. We have one of the best midfields in the league, we have one of the most in form front three for contribution, Ole has to be gone if we fail at the last hurdle. I couldn't careless about the work that's been done once we add Sancho this squad will be at its peak. It's now time for the manager to impose himself we have the players.

90 + 5min

So many angry kids in here today. Despite going 3rd.

Wonder were are you all when we were winning? There realy are some haters in here.

sport2793

If we don’t get a result against Leicester, he has to go. That was absolutely shambolic. And don’t talk to me about fitness — every club in the PL Is suffering from the same schedule and most clubs have nowhere near the calibre of players that we do. Get a result in Leicester or leave.
Pretty sure WH had 5 days of rest to be fair. This was the same team that beat Chelsea not too long ago also.

Paul_Scholes18

He is not good enough to take us far. He can grind out top 4 like Mourinho and LVG, but not going to take us further.
We just struggle to create chances as a team and also mentally struggle under him.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
So many angry kids in here today. Despite going 3rd.

Wonder were are you all when we were winning? There realy are some haters in here.
I was here slating him for the clueless manager that he is. Where were you on Sunday?

King Eric 7

Needed to rotate more / use subs more often since the restart. Have all those bench players really come back and looked like shit in training? It's just so obvious that the first team have been running on empty.

I'm minded not to knee-jerk based on the last few performances though. We're up in the CL places which didn't seem possible not too long ago and we looked pretty decent for the first few games since the restart. Are there any other teams who have picked up more points than us since the restart?

NK86

Look mate, I don't know what to say. If you didn't see a side struggling to play out from the back in the first half then you didn't watch the game. There's nothing more to say on the matter and accusations that other people are blind are utterly baffling.
Mate, I saw a side passing sideways all the way to the opponent's penalty box and then lacking urgency/creativity to break down a dogged defense.

Seems like you watched the Soton game again if you feel this is the game where we struggled to play out the back. First 10 mins we had like 85% possession and you think that playing out of the back was the problem?

DRM

People that complain about tiredness are avoiding the fact we are 2nd in table since restart, do think we will be that position and the chance to even be in contention for the top 4 starting with the likes of Lingard?
And its not like key players have not been coming off after games have been won.

Its just another reason to moan because you don't want him as manager
Why did he not start with Ighalo in the FA cup?
Why did he not rest Bruno, who is in desperate need for a break, against chelsea?
He has Fred and Mctominay on the bench, more than capable midfielders, why has he not used them more often? Especially Fred who was having this best season for us prior to the break.
Why does he wait until the 80th minute mark to make subs?

Acole9

Outstanding
This may sound knee jerk I don't really care but this is a cut throat industry, if he gets top four fine but if he doesn't he should go.

Status
Not open for further replies.