Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul_Scholes18

It is possible we get knocked out of CL from this draw. Since Chelsea might not win any of the last two games.
Should have gone much harder for the win!

edgecutter

The first manager to ever win the league title with Molde. In his first season with them as well. He then won their second ever league title the following year.

He also won the Norwegian Cup in his third season, this was only the 3rd time they had won it.

As of 2013 in his final season of his first stint, in 103 years of the clubs history, the club had only ever won 5 top division trophies. 3 of them due to Ole. Regardless of it being the Norwegian league, 3/5 of the clubs top flight trophies in 103 years being down to him is a great achievement in itself, this being his first managerial stint of a top flight team.
Poch took an unfancied Spurs side to the Champions League final and got the into the top 4 regularly, Spurs got rid and they will miss out this year, but let's compare the Norwegian league to the Champions League.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Pretty sure WH had 5 days of rest to be fair. This was the same team that beat Chelsea not too long ago also.
And we have 20+ players to choose from. Ole should have better game management at this level seeing as we’re expected to play twice a week all the way through the season.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Odds are it will be for longer than that.
Fans are overreacting here, tonight was always going to be tough. Our players are out on our feet and its about grinding our way through.
It was all about not losing. 2 draws and it doesn't matter a feck how we do it.
Always talking sense ;)

Fooza

I will always leave my vote on sack and I will not change it, not anytime soon because he doesn't fill with me with any confidence.

I've said if he gets top 4 I will give him time and change my opinion, I've now changed my stance to - if he gets top 4, I will give him another year till I decide.

I think he ain't a top manager and coach, nothing on that opinion has changed in the slightest.

Please for the love of god, Ole .... learn to do subs early and cut out the zonal BS!
Also learn on how to rotate well but I understand that takes time and experience so I'll let the rotating slide. Also our second string players are rubbish so I get it.

sport2793

And we have 20+ players to choose from. Ole should have better game management at this level seeing as we’re expected to play twice a week all the way through the season.
You mean play the same team that lost to WH earlier in the season, basically?

Paxi

His in game management is the worst I’ve ever seen from a Manchester United manager.
As his squad management. Remember this is the guy who played rashford with a stress fracture.

edgecutter

So many angry kids in here today. Despite going 3rd.

Wonder were are you all when we were winning? There realy are some haters in here.
We have had 2 good months and today was very much what we have seen for most of the season. The fact that we could miss out to Leicester who sold us their 'best' player should be enough to have Ole out.

Handré1990

So many angry kids in here today. Despite going 3rd.

Wonder were are you all when we were winning? There realy are some haters in here.
Yup. I wasn’t able to watch the game, but we did just get the driver’s seat to a CL place, which seemed like a pipe dream only 5 months ago..

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
He’s going to be the guy who built the team that a new guy will take to the next level.
Except you could easily argue that of his four singings, only one (Bruno) is good enough for a team who wants to challenge at the top level.

He's done well with the youngsters, though.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
But his options outside the starting eleven are minimal at best. We've all seen what happens when we make changes, we fall apart practically.

I genuinely believe we have the weakest squad of the top six or seven sides in the PL, perhaps beyond them.

Crashoutcassius

On the verge of a good achievement. obviously things have to keep improving, but to close the gap, improve so many players, have done such good business, there are lots of positives.

questions around the teams mentality will remain, and we kinda knew I think that a lot of the existing squad have struggled with mentality in years gone by before Ole. but surely he has time to prove himself there and improve that

If we win or draw next weekend or lose and chelsea lose 2x we should see this as a good season in my view

EDIT: actually find some of the hindsight rubbish about rotating laughable, unless you can point to the thread where you said he should rotate. same fellas would fly off the handle if we rotated loads and we were 5 points off fourth now.

r0663664

Worships Man City
There is no kitchen sink in Ole house. If Alex is here, we will be sending crosses after crosses until we score or score from a corner and Maguire will join in the attack. The fans watching will be overjoyed with a last min winner. What do we have here? Passing and probing, passing back. Useless football. Jose will throw in Felliani to change the focus point of attack. Ole out whether it is 4 or 5th!!! Get out of my sight.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Ole needs to learn how to use his squad better, the players were on their arses at the end of last season and the same again this

NinjaFletch

Mate, I saw a side passing sideways all the way to the opponent's penalty box and then lacking urgency/creativity to break down a dogged defense.

Seems like you watched the Soton game again if you feel this is the game where we struggled to play out the back. First 10 mins we had like 85% possession and you think that playing out of the back was the problem?
You realise a half of football lasts 45 minutes don't you?

Schmeichel=God

My Ole criticism is rightfully vehement; his ineffectual attempts or lack thereof to impact upon and change a game are embarrassing. I just don't know what he thinks when he looks down upon his team performing like a steed that for all intents and purposes would be put out of its misery. How does he sit there and leave them to falter and flail? Ole's head needs a drinks break because for me and many others the utter majority of his decisions in recent weeks have been entirely lacking or at the very least strongly questionable.

I am still Ole in would you believe it! What he has brought, brings and will go on to bring to the aura and perception around this club cannot be underestimated. This club was in real danger of completely losing itself for Liverpool esq periods of time in the wilderness. It had no ethos any more and was bashing its own head pillar to post. He has seriously made the place better. But god damn could he have made better decisions in recent weeks.

There is no kitchen sink in Ole house. If Alex is here, we will be sending crosses after crosses until we score or score from a corner and Maguire will join in the attack. The fans watching will be overjoyed with a last min winner. What do we have here? Passing and probing, passing back. Useless football. Jose will throw in Felliani to change the focus point of attack. Ole out whether it is 4 or 5th!!! Get out of my sight.
Who in this team is known for consistently putting in good quality crosses, or crosses at all for that matter?

Rafaeldagold

This thread has become the biggest train wreck on the Internet.
Explain? Ole isn’t good enough, the sooner the club realises that the better we’ll be. Tonight , as well as the last few performances, have been shocking

Paxi

But his options outside the starting eleven are minimal at best. We've all seen what happens when we make changes, we fall apart practically.

I genuinely believe we have the weakest squad of the top six or seven sides in the PL, perhaps beyond them.
We shouldn’t though. We should be playing as cohesive unit or at least somewhere near it. It further proves that this team has nothing but individuals in it. Just look at how Southampton play They’re all cogs in a well oiled machine and they play and work in tandem. Why can’t we do that? Those questions need to be asked.

starman

Why did he not start with Ighalo in the FA cup?
Why did he not rest Bruno, who is in desperate need for a break, against chelsea?
He has Fred and Mctominay on the bench, more than capable midfielders, why has he not used them more often? Especially Fred who was having this best season for us prior to the break.
Why does he wait until the 80th minute mark to make subs?
Who's to say it would have actually made a difference?
Pogba, Martial, Matic and Greenwood were rested for the FA cup.
All this is would of should of could of

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
That draw wasn't on Ole. His players can't keep giving the ball away and committing stupid fouls. I feel sorry for him, his players are letting him down

NK86

You realise a half of football lasts 45 minutes don't you?
I do but you do realize we had like 60% possession even by the end of it.

Seriously, if you come out of watching that and say playing out of the back was our problem, then I don't know what to add.

You could have said Pogba didn't give enough protection to our back 4 when West Ham attacked or he showed a lack of urgency on the ball and I would have agreed with both points. However, I don't think I can agree with your main point, so let's leave it at that.

BlueHaze

Wanted him sacked for almost a year now but was always willing to give him another season if he made top 4 but now I've changed my mind. Even if we make top 4 he should be gone sick to death of this bottler and his coward tactics. Still a point away from the same points total as Moyes season btw. Ole is the Mr Bean of football managers, he's seriously so clueless I can't even understand it.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
We shouldn’t though. We should be playing as cohesive unit or at least somewhere near it. It further proves that this team has nothing but individuals in it. Just look at how Southampton play They’re all cogs in a well oiled machine and they play and work in tandem. Why can’t we do that? Those questions need to be asked.
If Ole has learned anything from this season, it's that we need reinforcements to the squad more than anything else, especially in central midfield and at the back.

Our squad is pitiful.

Hughie77

Sunday is the biggest game, of the season for Ole, club needs CL , otherwise there will be questions asked, Europa league is a plus if we get what's needed on Sunday, ole can get them to relax and play, and hopefully go all out to win it. If not the club may well look at his position.

Bojan11

Wanted him sacked for almost a year now but was always willing to give him another season if he made top 4 but now I've changed my mind. Even if we make top 4 he should be gone sick to death of this bottler and his coward tactics. Still a point away from the same points total as Moyes season btw. Ole is the Mr Bean of football managers, he's seriously so clueless I can't even understand it.
We going to end up with less points than Jose had in his first season when we finished 6th.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Explain? Ole isn’t good enough, the sooner the club realises that the better we’ll be. Tonight , as well as the last few performances, have been shocking
One defeat in 21. W5 D3 L0 since the restart. 3rd in the table.

Its people like you that are ruining this forum. Can't wait for any slip up so you can vomit the same old opinions that you had 9 months ago.

He isn't getting sacked, nor should he be. Deal with it.

Wilt

That draw wasn't on Ole. His players can't keep giving the ball away and committing stupid fouls. I feel sorry for him, his players are letting them down
because he’s run them into the ground

what‘s Norwegian for ’squad rotation’ ?

MoskvaRed

That draw wasn't on Ole. His players can't keep giving the ball away and committing stupid fouls. I feel sorry for him, his players are letting him down
Can’t that be said of any manager whose team underperform? Would you make the same excuse for Moyes, LVG or Mourinho?

Status
Not open for further replies.