Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
If we had won, we would have widened the gab with City, decreased the gab with Spurs and Liverpool, and matches Chelsea points tally.

It was a dream week for us and City were really rubbish yesterday. Was a very winnable match imo.
A dream week for us where we play Man City and Tottenham play Palace and Liverpool play Fulham.

What a dream week. Why is the gab not closer?

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
It looks worse? Our weekend would look better with Spurs and Pool winning?

You’re veering into "can a loss be a win?" territory with this one.
If someone told you that all our rivals failed to win and then said we had only managed a draw you wouldn't be disappointed?

Flexdegea

Those of you who want him sacked immediately, what exactly does this achieve and who do you get instead? I can
Yes, we can do it for other managers. And with them you will find win, win, loss, win, loss......
With Ole it is; loss, loss, loss, loss.....
He is tactically bad manager. How is that not clear to you after two years?

Sorry what?

Come back to reality. Ole in your head too much :lol:

Dante

Average bang
Ole is making steady upwards progress.

It's a sign of the great job he's doing that people are now judging United by the standards that Fergie set, rather than the standards that Moyes set.

We're now expected to knock out big teams in the CL, beat Manchester City on a regular basis and dominate every game we play. That's a far cry from the situation when Ole first took over. And when we don't, people feel we underperformed.

It's been years since United's entitled glory-hunting fans have had a significant voice. The fact they're back is proof that the club is also back.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Dortmund sacked Favre. Idiots. If they gave him time he could have become Hitzfeld.
Hilarious.

What's with this 'joke'? Can anyone point to a single post from anyone saying they think Ole will become the next SAF?

Berbaclass

Okay. So the games you are judging him on.. we didn’t have an injury hit squad? Rashford/Martial/Pogba have all missed significan months of that time with injury. But when it happens to Liverpool we get the excuses in.
Considering

We lost a ten goal swing to Tottenham in a game where we were punished by VAR. Let’s check after a full season.
Sensible. Surprising coming from you.

Berbaclass

Ole is making steady upwards progress.

It's a sign of the great job he's doing that people are now judging United by the standards that Fergie set, rather than the standards that Moyes set.

We're now expected to knock out big teams in the CL, beat Manchester City on a regular basis and dominate every game we play. That's a far cry from the situation when Ole first took over. And when we don't, people feel we underperformed.

It's been years since United's entitled glory-hunting fans have had a significant voice. The fact they're back is proof that the club is also back.
In what? His and our blood pressure?

Eriku

If we had won, we would have widened the gab with City, decreased the gab with Spurs and Liverpool, and matches Chelsea points tally.

It was a dream week for us and City were really rubbish yesterday. Was a very winnable match imo.
That’s all well and good, but the point you responded to was whether our draw looked as bad now as it did before Spurs and Pool drew. I get the missed chances argument, but to claim it makes our weekend look worse is just doing some sort of calculus that I’m afraid I don’t get.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Well with Ole our last five results in the league have been:

Win, win, win, win, draw

But I get it. Ole once managed Cardiff so he’s not good enough.
No, Ole once failed in Cardiff. Even in Norway, which is (with all respect to Norway league) tier D of European football, he didn't do some great job like some of you try to present.

And all of you want new striker, winger or defender. All of you have high standards for Man Utd players (which you should of course) but for manager....well, he must know the club. That is what is important.
And now in defending him you pull some ridiculous stats about last 5 games, Bruno table and who knows what will be next.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
If someone told you that all our rivals failed to win and then said we had only managed a draw you wouldn't be disappointed?
Depends on the context. If we had played Fulham and City and Pool had drawn with each other, I'd obviously want us to close the gap. But in this case, I'm pretty satisfied as at the end of the day it was a tough opposition

el3mel

That’s all well and good, but the point you responded to was whether our draw looked as bad now as it did before Spurs and Pool drew. I get the missed chances argument, but to claim it makes our weekend look worse is just doing some sort of calculus that I’m afraid I don’t get.
He asked if the draw now doesn't look bad and imo it looks worse because we could have gained points over all our rivals.

Eriku

That wasn’t the question. Our game had already been played. With it being a draw, does it make our weekend better or worse if Spurs and Liverpool draw as well? Some here would prefer to see us falling further behind, it seems.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Just to remind people who are viewing this thread.

There's been a lot of people calling me a WUM in this thread.

This is because I asked a question.

How many more points should United have in the league this season? If we want Ole out how many more points should we have?

The answers I've got so far:

A) No more points we need to play better football (?)
B) We should have gone through in our group with PSG and RBL.

I mean, I'm not happy with those answers really. I have a feeling that the real answer is:
c) I can't actually say how many more points United should have because if I typed it out it makes me feel ignorant (dum dum poppy head @PoTMS)

PoTMS

Just to remind people who are viewing this thread.

There's been a lot of people calling me a WUM in this thread.

This is because I asked a question.

How many more points should United have in the league this season? If we want Ole out how many more points should we have?

The answers I've got so far:

A) No more points we need to play better football (?)
B) We should have gone through in our group with PSG and RBL.

I mean, I'm not happy with those answers really. I have a feeling that the real answer is:
c) I can't actually say how many more points United should have because if I typed it out it makes me feel ignorant (dum dum poppy head @PoTMS)
:lol:

This guy is our Piers Morgan.

Berbaclass

Depends on the context. If we had played Fulham and City and Pool had drawn with each other, I'd obviously want us to close the gap. But in this case, I'm pretty satisfied as at the end of the day it was a tough opposition
Absolutely and we played against a fairly tepid City side. It was a winnable game if we'd had the ambition.

el3mel

That wasn’t the question. Our game had already been played. With it being a draw, does it make our weekend better or worse if Spurs and Liverpool draw as well? Some here would prefer to see us falling further behind, it seems.
I'll admit that this is a different way to look at it. :lol: You mean damage control I guess ?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
No, Ole once failed in Cardiff. Even in Norway, which is (with all respect to Norway league) tier D of European football, he didn't do some great job like some of you try to present.

And all of you want new striker, winger or defender. All of you have high standards for Man Utd players (which you should of course) but for manager....well, he must know the club. That is what is important.
And now in defending him you pull some ridiculous stats about last 5 games, Bruno table and who knows what will be next.
I couldn't honestly give a shit how Ole did before he come to our club.

Eriku

He asked if the draw now doesn't look bad and imo it looks worse because we could have gained points over all our rivals.
Yeah, I get the point. It just doesn’t make sense, is all. For one, with Spurs being held to Palace and Fulham, drawing to City doesn’t look as bad. Secondly, our game had already been played. Now choose a scenario to make our weekend look better. Do you pick one where Liverpool and Tottenham get 3 pts?

Enfant terrible

This has to be a joke.
I'm beginning to think that being mediocre is now seen as being acceptable.
We are in 7th place, while former managers (Jose, Moyes) are above us in the league, while using fewer resources than available to Ole.

And for those who are not used to winning trophies, the FA Trophy is not the trophy that winners aim to win.
Sack Mourinho sack klopp, sack everyone and play fifa 21 on big screens. There is a kid in Austria who has 240-0 score on weekend league in fifa 21.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Which manager do you want in? What is their knockout record in this two year time frame that proves everything?
It is said and repeated 100 times already and i don't have desire to name names again and again.
To say it simple; i would take Moyes back any second if it is Ole or Moyes. He is space shuttle comparing to Solskjaer

Berbaclass

No, I'd prefer us to be closer. Winning games gets you more points. We were very capable of winning yesterday.

Hence why I'm advocating us playing with more ambition to win games.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Firstly, the initial post was a joke and an exaggeration. Not sure if people on here have stopped treating these posts as such, unless white text is used.

Secondly, around the proven winner bit - that is an argument isn't really based on sound logic as Solskjaer hasn't won anything of note yet. So, if we win a title say this year or 3 years later or 4 years later with Ole, would you come back to this time frame and say we weren't consistent? No, right? As being consistent or not is independent of who the manager is - be it SAF or Moyes or anyone else. You're either consistent over a specific time period or not. And the post was just pointing out that arguably the greatest manager right now is struggling to get results consistently. How can the worst manager in the league manage to do that?!
I don't think it's a joke, it's more of an attempt to wind up.

Regarding your question, the concern is more that Ole hasn't won anything of note in a major league in his 9 years of management. Rather than throw himself into more difficult leagues and be under the microscope for Premier League clubs (like Lampard for Derby, Gerrard with Rangers, or even Viera's attempt with Nice), he decided to manage Molde after a diabolical run with Cardiff. Of course he's well within his rights to do that, but then no one can argue when he has zero credibility to his name.

Don't think for a minute by the way that Liverpool fans are not enraged with how they saw their team play. They just wouldn't call for a sack because their manager is Jurgen Klopp, who won titles before he came to Liverpool and won titles during his time with Liverpool. He has more than enough goodwill to continue inconsistency long before they utter the word "sack".

el3mel

Yeah, I get the point. It just doesn’t make sense, is all. For one, with Spurs being held to Palace and Fulham, drawing to City doesn’t look as bad. Secondly, our game had already been played. Now choose a scenario to make our weekend look better. Do you pick one where Liverpool and Tottenham get 3 pts?
Ok I got your point as I said above. You're talking about damage control after we already dropped points that rivals didn't get more points over us. Fair play then. It's a different way to look at it.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Absolutely and we played against a fairly tepid City side. It was a winnable game if we'd had the ambition.
Ok, it wasnt a tepid City side. It was a side that respected our strengths and played their football accordingly. How often do you see City use just the 4 attackers and one FB in attacks?

I'm pretty sure Ole and Pep knew from the second first 15 mins were played that the game will end as a stalemate unless either side doesn't make a stupid error.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
No, I'd prefer us to be closer. Winning games gets you more points. We were very capable of winning yesterday.

Hence why I'm advocating us playing with more ambition to win games.
Just to be clear.

How many games should we have won this year where we haven't? How many more wins in the prem would you be happy with?

It is such a simple question. It honestly doesn't require much introspection.

How many more points should we have won through ambition this year?

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Ok, it wasnt a tepid City side. It was a side that respected our strengths and played their football accordingly. How often do you see City use just the 4 attackers and one FB in attacks?

I'm pretty sure Ole and Pep knew from the second first 15 mins were played that the game will end as a stalemate unless either side doesn't make a stupid error.
This City side will probably end up winning the league. Let's be clear - anyone finishing above them will probably win the league.

But - they're a 'tepid' side.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
It is said and repeated 100 times already and i don't have desire to name names again and again.
To say it simple; i would take Moyes back any second if it is Ole or Moyes. He is space shuttle comparing to Solskjaer
Fair enough. His tactical proof by knockout record is also loss, loss, loss, loss as you say.

always_hoping

Let's also add that Klopp's team are in joint 1st and will likely win the league
They also made it to the next round in the CL.
To even suggest that Klopp and Ole should be mentioned in the same breath is lunacy and delusional.
Ole is completely out of ideas and is relying on Bruno to keep him in a job.
Were you expecting different? It was a easy group for them on paper and on grass

Eriku

Ok I got your point as I said above. You're talking about damage control after we already dropped points that rivals didn't get more points over us. Fair play then. It's a different way to look at it.
Sorry, spotted your other reply a bit late :lol:

No, you honestly don't get it.

It doesn't have to make sense. It has to feel like a good point.
Some day I’ll learn that lesson and then I’ll earn the big bucks!

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
It makes perfect sense. You're obviously more of a pragmatist than me.
Here's how this argument effectively boils down.

We drew v Man City
Liverpool drew with Fulham
Tottenham drew with Palace
Chelsea lost to Everton.

I see it as - We played by far the hardest teams and lost no ground to our rivals.
Others see it as - Even though we played the hardest team - we should always win and if not it's all on the manager.

There are simply those ways of looking at it.

Enfant terrible

His approach for the match and post-match-comments are such obvious reasons why we will never win any trophy under him.
There is so little correlation in a managers on camera appearance and his ability to lead a team to a title that I can't even try and put a ounce of effort in explaining it. I hope ole comes out on the next presser painted in viking colours and decapitates a chicken on live tv while screaming threats into the camera. That's the pashun we need.

Berbaclass

Just to be clear.

How many games should we have won this year where we haven't? How many more wins in the prem would you be happy with?

It is such a simple question. It honestly doesn't require much introspection.

How many more points should we have won through ambition this year?
The wins are not the problem it's how we have achieved them. Long term it's simply unsustainable to come back from losing positions most weeks.

We have been pretty fortunate to end up with the amount of points that we currently have and I find it concerning because over the course of a season we will get found out.

90 + 5min

Why do you need to come with baseless facts. If you knew what Solskajer did in Norway, you would see him as a person that made Molde what they are now and put stop to Rosenborg dominition. Sometimes, it is better to not say anything.

Eplel

Celebrating draws tells you everything you need to know about Ole ins

Status
Not open for further replies.