Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OleBoiii

Ole out there ruining Christmas for so many football fans. Some of them not even United supporters!

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Can we close this thread. It's stupid bumping it after every match, we might as we install a revolving door for Ole at Carrington.

If he has a poor run of 5-6 games then fine we can revisit this.

Foxbatt

If he can do this in every match or most matches I would hold up my hand and say that he can do it.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It's the 'should we sack him today' thread. It shouldnt have any posts really.

I suppose he got Cardiff relegated 6 years ago though so we should probably bring that up again.
Yeah, maybe bring up the low blocks argument and Leeds played into our hands as well

Kajus

Do you think they hate him as much as Boris?? :lol:
Pretty sure most of them voted Boris, since 'anything is better than that P.E. teacher fraud Corbyn, who has no identifiable patterns of governing'.

redshaw

That CL exit still hurts. We see how we can attack and we beat Leipzig 5-0. Still believe if Ole subs Fred or even just plays Donny and a back four we get a draw at least. AWB is less of a disaster in a back four, we offered him for slaughter in Germany, even after they singled him out to target before the home game but wasn't as exposed so it didn't work out plus Donny was very good in the middle with quick exchanges to beat the press. All three matches, away in Istanbul at home to PSG and away to Leipzig were calamities easily avoided. I hope Ole can learn as there's a lot of positives with the attacking and young players.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The thing is - Ole saw Bruno when no other manager did; do not underestimate that.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Credit to Ole. Please, more of that now. Defence is still worry, but the front 6 is very good. Board have to back Ole in transfer window, get him the CB we need.

united for life

1. Leeds are a promoted side that will probably go back to where it belongs.
2. This is only our 2nd Win at Home this season.
3. To refresh yours and everyone's memory, we couldn't get 4 points in 4 games in the CL.
4. "Woodward and the board (fully agree) still back him" shouldn't the argument you should be making given the shambolic record of the board and the people above them.

Ole never was good enough, isn't and never will be good enough for Manchester United. Until he wins some big trophy to convince me otherwise.
We just won against Leeds by a big margin (like we should be doing), we are third (possibly second if we win our game in hand), competing closely with the league leaders, have a great record in the last 6/7 games, just played some very exciting football. Why don’t you just enjoy this? At least today? Resume your arguments tomorrow, today just enjoy mate

keithsingleton

Ole outers in the mud. 6 wins and a draw in last 7 League games.

Anyone who says we aren't making progress needs their eyes testing. We won't win the title as Liverpool are a cut above but I have no doubts we are good enough for 2nd place.
Not frightened of saying I'm a Ole outer ( and still am ) but credit where credits due to day!!! ( 90 mins of footballs)) he got it right. Tactically it's not hard to work out Leeds are very aggressive going forward and was always going to leave themselves vulnerable at the back. With Uniteds attacking force that was always going to be a problem for them.

I still maintain until we get 2/3 players defensively we can't realistically challenge Liverpool , especially when they get half of their injured players back.

For the record 2nd is not good enough but least there's happy faces for the time being. Long may it continue.

keithsingleton

We just won against Leeds by a big margin (like we should be doing), we are third (possibly second if we win our game in hand), competing closely with the league leaders, have a great record in the last 6/7 games, just played some very exciting football. Why don’t you just enjoy this? At least today? Resume your arguments tomorrow, today just enjoy mate
Couldn't agree more. Merry Christmas.

Withnail

Do we need this thread? It’s been fun and all but do we really need it? We’re third in the league with a game in hand. We win, we’ll be second only 2 points behind Liverpool. We are above tottenham who are having a great start to the season and above chelsea who spent a fortune in the summer. We are in the title race and are playing some interesting, fast pace football. Why is there still lots of debate about the manager? Would understand if we are low in the table but really can’t understand why some fans still resist admitting that there is progress! It is the best football we’re playing in years. Let’s just admit it and enjoy the football
Think this thread has had it's day.

Only counts for something if he wins them both. Sheffield United and Leeds. He should win both quite easily.

See if that happens.

Well OP it's happened. What'll it take to close the thread? To be in the title race come March or what?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The performance was very very good and we actually played with risk which was fantastic to see. If the team can maintain a similar tempo in games then I can see us having a very good season. I'm happy that we played with great intensity and tempo and actually sacrificed defensive stability for goals. Great job by Ole and the lads, i'm very happy.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
1. Leeds are a promoted side that will probably go back to where it belongs.
2. This is only our 2nd Win at Home this season.
3. To refresh yours and everyone's memory, we couldn't get 4 points in 4 games in the CL.
4. "Woodward and the board (fully agree) still back him" shouldn't the argument you should be making given the shambolic record of the board and the people above them.

Ole never was good enough, isn't and never will be good enough for Manchester United. Until he wins some big trophy to convince me otherwise.
1) I knew someone would dump on the win like this.

If we had lost 4-0 or 4-3 you'd be saying "We should be spanking newly promoted teams" - we go ahead and do just that and "it's just a newly promoted side" - do leave it out and have a day off will you. This is the same Leeds that took Liverpool right to the wire early on in the season and drew 1-1 with City. Then people were saying how good this Leeds side is. Yet now because Ole beat them 6-2 they're just a 'newly promoted side'.....please.

3) CL is different to the PL regardless and why is the CL points even coming into the discussion anyway.

I reckon Ole could win the league by 12 points and you'd still think of excuses to be Ole Out?

united for life

Not frightened of saying I'm a Ole outer ( and still am ) but credit where credits due to day!!! ( 90 mins of footballs)) he got it right. Tactically it's not hard to work out Leeds are very aggressive going forward and was always going to leave themselves vulnerable at the back. With Uniteds attacking force that was always going to be a problem for them.

I still maintain until we get 2/3 players defensively we can't realistically challenge Liverpool , especially when they get half of their injured players back.

For the record 2nd is not good enough but least there's happy faces for the time being. Long may it continue.
you say you are an Ole outer and then you say we need 2/3 defenders. I agree about the need to get defenders. We clearly need to, but don’t you think we’d win more games and improve more under Ole after these signings (hoping they happen)? Won’t these signings complete what Ole has been trying to do in terms of rebuilding the team?

i know we agreed that it’s a happy day and started celebrating Christmas, but was tempted to ask you this when I saw your post:rolleyes:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
The most pleasing thing for me was that we played a proactive brand of football and blew Leeds back down the M6-2 motorway..

always_hoping

Two years ago yesterday Ole was appointed manager of one of the highest pressured jobs in the world. 11 points off 4th then and now 3rd one point off 2nd with a game in hand.

Ole in, Ole out or simply sitting on the fence the progress made can't be ignored.

Eriku

1) I knew someone would dump on the win like this.

If we had lost 4-0 or 4-3 you'd be saying "We should be spanking newly promoted teams" - we go ahead and do just that and "it's just a newly promoted side" - do leave it out and have a day off will you. This is the same Leeds that took Liverpool right to the wire early on in the season and drew 1-1 with City. Then people were saying how good this Leeds side is. Yet now because Ole beat them 6-2 they're just a 'newly promoted side'.....please.

3) CL is different to the PL regardless and why is the CL points even coming into the discussion anyway.

I reckon Ole could win the league by 12 points and you'd still think of excuses to be Ole Out?
"Weakest level Premier League since Leicester winning it. With any luck we’ll win the league and sack Ole the following season, just like them"

That’s what I’d go for, if I were playing the not-red devil’s advocate.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
The thing is - Ole saw Bruno when no other manager did; do not underestimate that.
Very good point! Its an amazing decision which no other elite level manger saw. And it was also the perfect signing to elevate us. That takes alot of vision and instinct as a manager to pull off. Much like Klopp did with VvD.

Also majority of our fans didn't see it either. I'll be first to admit I wasn't bothered when we missed out on him in the summer before he joined. Majority were like this.

Last edited:

Polar

Read a very interesting book this weekend: “from good to great” by Jim Collins. "Greatness" is defined by Collins by a company that achieves financial performance several multiples better than the market average, over a sustained period.

When I read the book, it was impossible not to draw parallels to United and OGS.

One identified characteristic in companies that made the leap from good to great is Level 5 Leadership: Leaders who are humble, but driven to do what's best for the company.

Level 5 leaders display a powerful mixture of personal humility and indomitable will. They're incredibly ambitious, but their ambition is first and foremost for the cause, for the organization and its purpose, not themselves. While Level 5 leaders can come in many personality packages, they are often self-effacing, quiet, reserved, and even shy. Every good-to-great transition in our research began with a Level 5 leader who motivated the enterprise more with inspired standards than inspiring personality.

So.. Level 5 Leadership is the antithesis of egocentric celebrity - a person who love to be in the spotlight and take credit for the result.

The characteristics of a Level 5 leader is a spot on description of Ole, while the antithesis seems to match Jose and LVG perfectly.

Jim Collins also write in his book that Level 5 leaders are very often underestimated and discredited by experts and people outside of the company while highly rated by the people on the inside.

Something to think about, folks!

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Two years ago yesterday Ole was appointed manager of one of the highest pressured jobs in the world. 11 points off 4th then and now 3rd one point off 2nd with a game in hand.

Ole in, Ole out or simply sitting on the fence the progress made can't be ignored.
There is definitely undeniable progress made but we’ve also been highly inconsistent. For me Ole’s clearest impact is on our overall movement in the final third and on counters. Some of our exchanges around the box with Bruno’s multiple back heel passes to open Fred etc were simply breathtaking.

Our defensive structure needs substantial work for a sustained title challenge and we still seem to occasionally forget covering the far post on set pieces when our full backs tuck in to support our CBs. Also slight tendency for us to produce loose passes at the back due to our eagerness in moving play forward in the counter.

If we bring in a defender in the January window to add a bit of composed solidity at the back , I’ll be really pleased!

Taktik T-Rex

I'm absolutely happy for today's performance and give all the credit to the manager as well as the players for turning up the way they did. That doesn't mean though that I should lose the focus over the larger context of Ole's era and change my opinion going by the latest 90 mins of football.

About the record in last 6/7 games? Many times in those 7 games we were terrible and were bailed out simply by individual brilliance on the latter stages of the game. Those results can't pull the wool over my eyes, at least. Not that such a record is worth even cherishing. Emery had Arsenal with 22 unbeaten games and he publicly demanded more. That didn't save him from the sack.

"If we win our game in hand" is one of the most dangerous phrase in football. It alludes and traps people with a sense of comfort. I hope our players don't put rest much on it. But I don't really think we are on a title challenge.

I still want Ole to finish this season and I'm very open for him to convince me by winning a big trophy at the end of the season. All I'm saying is that the warning signs are still there and Ole and his coaching staff have a lot of faults and results like this shouldn't cover it. Fans are just fickle and paint stories to suit their agendas when the result swings their way.

Skåre Willoch

Today he got it right in every imagineable way. Great game plan, got a lot of players involved, and a total blitzkrieg at times.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He was also desperate to land Haaland. Unfortunate Raiola got involved during negotiations.
Exactly, and it's so happening that we are starting to get some sort of a squad with depth building up with good players in different positions.

A couple more transfer windows and we might be back near the top.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Today he got it right in every imagineable way. Great game plan, got a lot of players involved, and a total blitzkrieg at times.
Blitzkrieg is what I would describe it too.. I had a Dutch friend of mine who messaged me during the game and he was telling me he couldn't believe his eyes. It seems like Leeds weren't prepared for the onslaught either and were expecting us to counter. We played with risk and intensity which was beautiful to watch. Now I hope we can maintain the high tempo consistently.

Alejandro Angel

Very good point! Its an amazing decision which no other elite level manger saw. And it was also the perfect signing to elevate us. That takes ally of vision and instinct as a manager to pull off. Much like Klopp did with VvD.

Also majority of our fans didn't see it either. I'll be first to admit I wasn't bothered when we missed out on him in the summer before he joined. Majority were like this.
Very good point! Its an amazing decision which no other elite level manger saw. And it was also the perfect signing to elevate us. That takes ally of vision and instinct as a manager to pull off. Much like Klopp did with VvD.

Agree totally, don't always agree with the team choice and the team setup, but today I was totally wrong. I never would have had Dan James or McTominay starting against a high pressing team, but I am not the manager thankfully.
Do people forget that apart from an elite player he also managed the youth team, before departing to manage in Norway and then going to Cardiff (he has much more experience than than the media darling like Lampard) lets not forget Arteta and how we are now above Jose with a game in hand.
Show the manager some respect.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
The best part about the win is that the team is just shutting down arguments around why Ole is rated among the fans.

Weren't we a side that struggles with press? A manager who is not proactive but reactive, someone who can't win the title and all that.

Well we demolished them 6-2 and had it not been for some poor finishing, I think it could very easily have been in double digits and no one would have said that we got lucky today.

We're 5 points behind Pool but have a game in hand, we've scored 2nd most number of goals in the league, despite not having had a pre-season. We're most inform team since Oct international break. And I can go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.