Would you sack or keep Ole? (Poll reopened)

Sack or Keep OLE?

• Sack Ole & appoint new coach ASAP

• Keep Ole & back him to finish rebuild

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxbatt

What did Biesla say exactly?
He said that he didn't see beforehand the role of Fred and McTominay and that caused them enormous problems initially. By half time when he could correct it then we have scored 4 goals. He also said that the pass Martial made for the second goal was almost impossible. These three were the players who caused enormous problems for them. Of course he said more about his team.

Hoboman

Strange speach by Bielsa. Who he expected Ole to play in midfield? McFred with Bruno in front of them is clearly Ole's prefereble combination, especially in important games with tough opponents.

I thought that intensity with which we started was the key and somehow surprised Leeds. They are used to playing on front foot, actively press and outrun opposition, but we played direct, fast paced football and sliced their front runners and kept Philips isolated.

Even after early goals, players looked motivated, hungry and focused throughout whole game. Kudos to Ole, hope he will figure out how to instill this mentality and make it sustainable.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
He said that he didn't see beforehand the role of Fred and McTominay and that caused them enormous problems initially. By half time when he could correct it then we have scored 4 goals. He also said that the pass Martial made for the second goal was almost impossible. These three were the players who caused enormous problems for them. Of course he said more about his team.
Cheers. I didn't expect McSauce to go forward as well, a good sign if it was planned by Ole or the coaching staffs.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Eh, it might be that Scott and Fred caused them problems, but they had as many bodies in MF as us and its not like 2 deep CMs is a completely radical idea

Leeds' problem was that they defended like headless chikens

Mickson

Eh, it might be that Scott and Fred caused them problems, but they had as many bodies in MF as us and its not like 2 deep CMs is a completely radical idea

Leeds' problem was that they defended like headless chikens
I think Ole was good against Leeds, but yes this matters of course. Might add that Leeds is a newly promoted team and missed their two center backs, and it's not like they are to of the table. Of course, we were going to punish them to a certain extent. Didn't think we would score six though! I think it's important to remember that Leeds created a lot, A LOT, of chances too.

Anustart89

I’ve been a vocal supporter of replacing Ole and I think the team and the players are prone to doing the same mistakes as individuals, but I’ve been impressed with the step up we’ve made collectively and Ole’s management over the past two games. Long may it continue.

Tactically outclassed Bielsa against Leeds when he had McTominay surging forward from his deeper position while Kalvin Phillips was busy tracking Bruno all over the pitch. That’s a great weapon to have in the locker since more teams are probably going to try to shut Bruno out of games. I was also very impressed with the way that he made many changes against Everton. I wouldn’t have complained had we made those changes and gone out of the cup to chase a good league position instead. I mean, how many people are looking at Arteta’s FA cup win recently and defending his position? Silverware‘s good, obviously, but if chasing silverware in this phase of Ole’s tenure means running the players into the ground by avoiding rotation I’d rather chase a good league position and see what this team’s capable of. Ensuring CL next season will give us more in terms of ability to invest in and attract good players than a league cup win would do.

lysglimt

Scout
I have a question to people who want OGS fired - if a manager you really liked and believed in was available and you were in charge of United, would you have fired OGS today like PSG did with Tuchel yesterday ? And if we ignore Klopp, Poch and Guardiola - which manager would have to be available for you to make that decision ?

Halftrack

It's the best squad we had in years
So what you're saying is that Ole is better at building a team than seasoned veterans like LvG and Mourinho?

Damn, seems Ole knows what he wants and how to go about getting it. I think we should stick with him and see how it goes.

Foxbatt

It's the fact that McTominay went forward sensibly. Yes Phillips messed up too but if the holding midfield players make those runs it's going to be difficult to track them especially if your own DM has been dragged away.
I am sure that McTominay was told to look for opportunities to go forward but do it sensibly.
Martial is also a player who makes those opportunities for other players. Our midfield needs to be alert for those opportunities.
Credit to Ole for that. If he can keep the momentum going then it's good. Tomorrow is a must win game for us. For Leicester a draw would keep them above us. We need to start on the front foot but also take the opportunities to score.

Anustart89

It's Christmas Day you crazy 'camp' nutters. Take a break from this.
You do realise that not everyone celebrates Christmas on Christmas day, yeah?

I mean, you do if you're in Dublin, and you found the time to go in here and tell everyone to stop cutting their Christmas celebrations short for this thread, so yeah..

Robbie Boy

You do realise that not everyone celebrates Christmas on Christmas day, yeah?

I mean, you do if you're in Dublin, and you found the time to go in here and tell everyone to stop cutting their Christmas celebrations short for this thread, so yeah..
Jeez, it wasn't serious ffs lighten the feck up :lol::lol:

Anustart89

Jeez, it wasn't serious ffs lighten the feck up :lol::lol:
I don't know how my post sounded in your head. I just found it a bit ironic that you came in here on Christmas Day telling everyone "It's Christmas day, get out of this thread!", when Christmas day means less to some people than you.

I'm very chilled out, so no need for the "wow calm down, it was just a prank bro" defence.

Robbie Boy

I don't know how my post sounded in your head. I just found it a bit ironic that you came in here on Christmas Day telling everyone "It's Christmas day, get out of this thread!", when Christmas day means less to some people than you.

I'm very chilled out, so no need for the "wow calm down, it was just a prank bro" defence.
Ok lad.

NYAS

:lol: This place has been bonkers recently. Must be to do with the restrictions.

Paul_Scholes18

Are we too late for getting Poch now? I guess we will have to do with Ole for now then.

Which might not be bad since our form is good and can hopefully last over christmas.

Foxbatt

I have a question to people who want OGS fired - if a manager you really liked and believed in was available and you were in charge of United, would you have fired OGS today like PSG did with Tuchel yesterday ? And if we ignore Klopp, Poch and Guardiola - which manager would have to be available for you to make that decision ?
I would not get Poch at this stage now. I have never thought much highly of him as some have here. Pep and Klopp have done it before many times and are top, probably the best two in the world right now. The problem with Ole is when he gets it right its spot on and when he gets it wrong it goes spectacularly wrong. His game management and free kicks has been very bad in the past but the last couple of games he seems to have corrected those. I mean it is not entirely on his head and a lot depends on his coaching staff but at the end of the day the buck stops with him. Lets see how he does tomorrow first?

Web of Bissaka

I think.. we can all agree that the squad quality is improving from last season.

The last three windows (the first one is debatable) especially the two 2020 windows are amazing in terms of the players profile that arrived, not how it's being implemented, I mean it was last minute, and the transfer negotiation are questionable. No doubts the signings are good. Ighalo at best should be a loan. Bruno, Cavani, VDB and Telles are great. The two kids are also good thinking, may end up like Dalot or better, who knows but right ideas. Cavani on a limited contract for now is also good and spot-on. VDB is also good, meaning less games for Lingard, putting his actual game times aside.

I have confidence Ole shall continue to improve on that - squad building :devil: that's enough for now. Anything can happen in future of course.

I doubt we all can agree and see eye-to-eye on the football aspect again for now. Those who support and believe we're improving our football shall use anything and the good results (just results) now as far as making new "tables" to support that, while those who believe it's getting worse or stalling sees how inconsistent we still are and the clear flaws of the football and its system as does the many aspects relating to it such as the decisions makings and all.

I do feel curious if we will agree on the football aspects in the future.
It's totally split at the moment. Like always, the good results will sway some doubts to supports, then the bad results will also sway some supports to doubts. Who knows what happens in the future. This loyalty thing by some fans towards Ole is really interesting. I too like Ole to be a success and the right manager that really will bring this club back to its best glory, the idea sounds great isn't it ":drool:A legend as a player becoming a legend as a manager!" but so far all the overall signs doesn't convince at all. I mean when the same manager is content and love the low standards like saying the performance vs City is the best?! then I have to doubt this always positive leader. The seat of United manager is big and you know how influential anyone who sits on it is... to lead it down, stalling or up.

Not to offend, but it reminds me of this. There is still room to move around and chill enjoying cup of tea, it's definitely better than before when the whole house is on fire.
Ole's reign is not the worst, arguably best if we take into considerations all seasons so far and more "proper" compare to the previous three managers like for once the idea of more attacking football and behave like an adult not throwing tantrums are right. Thing is, it's just up to now. LVG and Mou's earlier seasons too are better than their latter seasons, and we're experiencing it now similarly with Ole except we won't agree if this season is better or worse than last season. Out of CL is great?! The extreme up and extreme down in the past three seasons under Ole is really interesting.

Season 18/19 - great 2-3 months of free flowing attacking football during care-taking months followed by dull football as manager. Blame injuries and coaching.
Season 19/20 - depressing defensive football followed by Bruno induced great winning fun football, but lost in semis. Blame injuries, fatigue and Covid.
Season 20/19 - bad starts but great in CL followed by good winning results domestically but out in CL. Blame fatigue and Covid.

It's arguably balance every season, Bad + Good = middle

Biggest problems are it's too positive to a point of delusional even - change your perspective from anything actually bad and low standards turning it into good things and acceptable. Problem of this is the gradual acceptance of lower and lower standards. Not just the fans but for sure even the players will be fine with it. Managers think it's good and enough, so it's good and no need to improve. Having Bruno as the one who insist on the opposite (high and high standards, and see bad thing as bad, accepting it and improve) is crucial, he balance everything up and we need more characters like him. Too many of our other players are only saying it "we need to do more" and "this is not good enough" giving lips services but when performing, not really doing what they're saying. That affects the football the most.

Just hope we don't regret this at all in the long run :drool: I love the squad Ole is building, 2nd best so far and potentially could even top into 1st place if it continues to improve starting this January 2021 hopefully, but the football overall leave much to be desired. Cheers everyone, apologies for my many bad posts in multiple threads.

Dve

In less than 6 months Liverpool will match our number of league titles. All 2 of their Premier Leagues were won when we were under Solskjaer. They have twice our Champions League titles one of them was won when we were under Solskjaer.

Solskjaer inherited a team that finished 6 points above them and last season finishing 33 points behind them was declared as a definitive progress.

Trophies have been replaced by 10 good results. Nobody sees we are under one of the longest period of trophy draught in our history.

We are told to forget our standards. Rewrite new ones where Ole looks successful. Or believe in random samples, meaningless tables running across meaningless windows of time period to see United top the table under Ole. This is "progress". This is the "rebuild". This is all we should expect.

Otherwise we aren't real fans.
Damn it, but thanks for that mate. To this point, I were in the belief that we were winning every year. Again, damn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.